Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking)

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking) - Page 3 Empty Re: [D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking)

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:08 pm

"
Ruining Sept is indeed crime against Gods. And no one else than Septon would know better how to punish such men. But Blackbuckle poisonings were done by single madman, not related to anyone and acting on his own behalf, am I right? In this situation, I'm afraid that it's out of our jurisdiction then- it's crime, which should be punished by Lord Bracken, as he's the Lord of that land. Poisonings are not part of argument between Brackens and Blackwoods. Lord Haig can hang him or think out something more spectacular, as an example. And if he lacks skilled men or bright ideas, even present here Ser Garred can take care of it- he is skilled hunter, skinning man can't be any harder than skinning animal..."
Ser Garred only nodded indifferently on those words. Walton continued "
Ser Tyron... Blackwoods should pay as House for his crimes, as he was acting under their banner. And even given whole gold of Casterly Rock, I will not believe that no one knew about what he is doing... Blackwoods AND Brackens should pay fine to House Darry, as both houses didn't respect borders. You mentioned also damaged mine- that's not big deal for Crown, as interested houses should keep paying taxes as before, if were stupid enough to put their own wealth in risk. Crown only will lose on taxes from trade, it will touch also merchants, of course. We can offer help in rebuilding mine, but it's only gesture of good will- Brackens and Blackwoods are old houses, they should know that actions have consequences..."
Walton took big sip of wine, as his lips went dry because of talking before continuing "
And Lord Tully is man of great status, even if his skills and competence are in question. I'm sure that Good King is aware of his mistakes and has something prepared for Tullies by himself. House Tully is not part of argument and mission, but in document handed to king, indeed mentioning about how disappointed, because of his acts or lack of acts we are... Is there something I forgot about in my speech and probably boring speech, Ser?"

[url=Tully][/url]: 3d6 11 Walton was curious about Ser Theomore mentioning Lord Tully in that light
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

[D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking) - Page 3 Empty Re: [D6 LM] Dulvers' Camp (Open after asking)

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:39 pm

"
Walton Dulver! Such talk is an offence to the Gods. We are not barbarians like the Bolton's in the north to flay men alive! Or even dead for that matter."
Septon's voice was raised in a tone that Ser Walton had not heard before. Anger barely contained and the strain in the Septon's words were obvious

(Septon Arlyn's disposition drops to amniable)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:28 pm

Walton was surprised by Septon's reaction, but didn't seem moved, or his position shaken "
You are overreacting, Arlyn. I don't talk anyone to wear someone's skin for sure. But I will lie, if I don't admit that fate of that madman, and punishment he will get, can't interest me less... I see that man under jurisdiction of Lord Bracken, not ours."
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:47 pm

Septon Arlyn appears to seethe under his demeanor, "
I will take my leave now SER Walton. I feel my presence here will hinder any further discussions, Ser Theomore."
Septon Arlyn gives a curt nod to the nobles gathered then twirls on his heel, then the Septon lurches from the pavilion with determination, a hint of sweat glistening from his skin, only to be washed away by the light rain falling from the sky.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:11 pm

"
Arran is part of the Blackwood Household, I do not think the others will agree with handing him over to Lord Bracken, though I don't think it matters much, he is dead either way, ser."
Theomore doesn't seem overly interested in any further discussion on the manner of death. "
Though I think you would be mistaken on one account. The Iron mines supplies the campaign of prince Daemon, disturbing it would be as to throw a hornet's nest into the great hall of the Red Keep, much prestige rides upon that campaign, the only reason why has not yet been abandoned I imagine. And many hope that the prince can be distracted at the Stepstones so that his eyes does not fall upon them."
A foolish notion to be sure. "
It is not a case of taxation to the crown in general, as both Blackwood and Bracken tithes goes through Riverrun en route to the king's coffers, it is the iron for weapons and armor, and while I have not studied the matter extensively, but there may be some sort of special tax levied upon the mines that goes directly to the crown."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:10 pm

"
One broken mine and still four other working. I'm sure that master of coin will find another source to fill Crown's needs for iron. Assuming that there are no other mines or sources, is overreacting. Someone may have his interests in enlarging the problem, but it's King's Landing and Crown we are talking about- they get what they want and we all will deliver it with pleasure, and none questions asked..."
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:36 pm

"
I think not without considerable irritation, good ser."
Theomore doesn't feel like arguing the point beyond that. "
I squired for Prince Daemon, and I have visited many a court over the past fifteen years, King's Landing usually at least once in each of them. I can assure you, the matter of the Iron Mines vexes the crown more than reports of say, Blackbuckle or Salted fields. Aside from Ser Tyron's indiscretions at the Darry border, it does seem to me as if House Blackwood has been much more restrained in this feud, keeping their activities contained to only affect Black and Bracken. Where the matters that affect the realms around them have all felt the heavy hand of Bracken. The mines being one of them."
He offers a disarming gesture with his hands after that little speech. "
But that would be my opinion, I make no claim beyond believing it to be fairly accurate."

[OOC: I'm splitting activity for speeding up, feel free to keep discussing matters with Theo if you please.]

After concluding his meet with Ser Walton, Theomore hurries after Arlyn. One good thing about keeping fit (and having longer legs) is that one moves faster than a fat man. "
Do you have another moment, good septon?"
he says upon catching up to the man.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:08 pm

Septon Arlyn pauses upon hearing Ser Theomores voice, turning slowly around Ser Theomore can clearly see that the Septons face is flushed, a
    nd his eyes appear puffy, but the moisture from the air confused if there was any salt added to the moisture on his face. "
    Ser Theomore,"
    Septon Arlyns voice cracks slightly, causing the Septon to clear his throat. "
    How can I help you good Ser?"
    Septon Arlyn
    Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Walton thinks deeper "
    Well, if You know Prince Daemon, You must be right, Ser. I wish to know that earlier, then we would put more effort into investigation of mines, making that our priority. But as I know, our House is already providing help in putting mines back to work. Our wealth in big part is based on mining, we have great miner expert in our service- enough good to make me believe, that he would be useful man in any mine in Seven Kingdoms, Ser. We could also provide help with our Engineer Unit, as soon as they will finish rebuilding Sept. Does anything else bother You about tomorrow's treaty, Ser?"
    Ser Walton Dulver
    Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:22 am

Septon Arlyn wrote:Septon Arlyn pauses upon hearing Ser Theomores voice, turning slowly around Ser Theomore can clearly see that the Septons face is flushed, and his eyes appear puffy, but the moisture from the air confused if there was any salt added to the moisture on his face. "
    Ser Theomore,"

"
    I need guidance, septon, or at least someone to talk to."
    Theomore motions that he want a word in private. "
    As you may know, I was out in the field the past two days to deal with such men that have taken up arms and brought unrest upon these lands, some fought and died others threw down their weapons and surrendered, as is the way of war. The latter I took into custody in the name of the king, intending to have their fate determined at the assembly tomorrow, as per the mandate given to us."

"
    Prince Aemond walked into my tent this morning, commending me upon capturing traitors that had escaped the king's justice at the caverns. I tried to tell him that these men should be judged by the delegates under the king's mandate and banner and..."
    Theomore could keep the story he had told himself over and over, up until this point...he had acted as he should have acted up until this point. But that is where his voice breaks, and he can feel a real tear form, not the fake sort. "
    It all went wrong from that point"
    he adds, meekly.

Ser Walton Dulver wrote:Walton thinks deeper "
    Well, if You know Prince Daemon, You must be right, Ser. I wish to know that earlier, then we would put more effort into investigation of mines, making that our priority. But as I know, our House is already providing help in putting mines back to work. Our wealth in big part is based on mining, we have great miner expert in our service- enough good to make me believe, that he would be useful man in any mine in Seven Kingdoms, Ser. We could also provide help with our Engineer Unit, as soon as they will finish rebuilding Sept. Does anything else bother You about tomorrow's treaty, Ser?"

"
    Only that which I do not know, ser."
    Theomore gives a weak smile at the attempted little joke. "
    House Tullison has given considerable amount of time and effort to the mines, though beyond confirming the Brackens attacked and the Blackwoods did damage upon the mines in desperate defense, there is not much left to add. There is more than one house is contributing to the restoration of the mines, but that is of somewhat lesser concern to me since we will have to get back home to start sending resources to aid."
    Theomore Tullison
    Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:31 am

Theomore Tullison wrote:
    Septon Arlyn wrote:Septon Arlyn pauses upon hearing Ser Theomores voice, turning slowly around Ser Theomore can clearly see that the Septons face is flushed, and his eyes appear puffy, but the moisture from the air confused if there was any salt added to the moisture on his face. "
    Ser Theomore,"

"
    I need guidance, septon, or at least someone to talk to."
    Theomore motions that he want a word in private. "
    As you may know, I was out in the field the past two days to deal with such men that have taken up arms and brought unrest upon these lands, some fought and died others threw down their weapons and surrendered, as is the way of war. The latter I took into custody in the name of the king, intending to have their fate determined at the assembly tomorrow, as per the mandate given to us."

"
    Prince Aemond walked into my tent this morning, commending me upon capturing traitors that had escaped the king's justice at the caverns. I tried to tell him that these men should be judged by the delegates under the king's mandate and banner and..."
    Theomore could keep the story he had told himself over and over, up until this point...he had acted as he should have acted up until this point. But that is where his voice breaks, and he can feel a real tear form, not the fake sort. "
    It all went wrong from that point"
    he adds, meekly.

Septon Arlyn clasps the knight on the shoulder, his own puffy eyes showing care and concern for the knight. "
    Tell me what happened?"
    He asks reassuringly. "
    We have all had a hard week this week. But sometimes talking about the issues we find ourselves in help us understand them better."
    maybe Ser Theomore would understand your suffering. Best let him speak and see what troubles him before laying your troubles on the knight.
    Septon Arlyn
    Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:06 pm

"
    He did not take it well."
    Theomore recounts, keeping himself to the cold hard facts to be able to keep going, if they were facts, part of him just wanted to forget. "
    He asked, rather forcefully, what Prince Daemon did to traitors. I squired for him, after all. I told him the truth, that he would feed them to Caraxes. I should have said something else, only saying that he had them killed or even lied, I think the gods would have forgiven me for lying, for once I said that, there was no turning back, no changing of their fate."
    Theomore Tullison
    Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:44 am

"
    So you told Prince Aemond that Prince Daemon fed traitors to his dragon?"
    Septon Arlyns voice was low, almost a growl. "
    So tell me, did he take the same actions that Prince Daemon would have?"
    I'm afraid that I know the answer to the question.
    Septon Arlyn
    Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:29 am

"
    Prince Daemon did indeed feed traitors to Caraxes, two men informing on the strengths and defenses at Bloodstone to the Tyroshi."
    Theomore recounts. "
    But the men that died today, Prince Dameon would hear me out and he would question them himself, nor would he simply come upon learning that we had taken prisoners, he would trust the knights under the king's banner to send for him if they suspected these men to be involved."
    Theomore gives a slight pause. "
    If he then became convinced of their guilt in that attack, he would likely have them fed to Caraxes, yes, claiming authority by being the king's brother, just as Prince Aemond claimed authority by being the king's son. Prince Aemond appeared to have decided that these men were guilty the moment he heard of them, and that he would brook no argument to the contrary."
    Theomore shook his head. "
    But I cannot deny a prince that right? Can I?"
    Theomore Tullison
    Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:28 am

As Theomore finishes speaking he hears a thud. Oh Gods have Mercy. That rash child! Theomore, how could you have encouraged this. Those women, and the children, or the poor sweet innocent children. They never even had a chance at life. Why? Septon Arlyns face is ruddy, but he manages to hold back more tears from streaming down his face. What Have I done wrong? These men, I have spoken with them, taught them. Have my lessons been for naught? What Is my purpose...

[size=200:11hbccue]Enough Servant Arlyn!

[size=150:11hbccue]Come on Dear, obviously he blames himself.

[size=150:11hbccue]As well He should. He should have stood and fought for those small folk, thrown himself into the maw to spare...

[size=150:11hbccue]Or he could have constructed a safe place for them to go. Or spoken to the Prince himself

[size=150:11hbccue]There is no way that he could have known what was going to happen.

[size=200:11hbccue]Enough, the rest of you be quiet

[size=85:11hbccue]You know that Ser Theomore did the right thing. If not for his actions the breath of fire would have spread throughout this battle valley. As distastful as it is to the rest of you, you know I am right...

[size=200:11hbccue]I Said Quiet!

[size=150:11hbccue]...

[size=200:11hbccue]Thank you, Now Servant Arlyn, you have been charged by us to act as a man of your station. So get your fat ass off the ground and confront Ser Theomore. Find out all you can. The truth is out their, and its your charge to find out the facts, and bring the sevens light to them.

Will you help Guide me father? Pleads Septon Arlyn Silently

[size=200:11hbccue]I already have

Oh great, more criptic riddles and another charge, thanks a lot Septon Arlyn sighs inwardly.

[size=200:11hbccue]Heard that!

Seven above! Can I get space in my own head to think? *silence* "
    Thank you."
    The Septon finally replies aloud, opening his eyes and blinking out some of the rain from his bow. Oh gods, Ser Theomore must think I'm addled, "
    For coming forward with that information Ser Theomore."
    Septon Arlyn continues quickly then makes a sign of the seven in front of his chest before rising, the squelching of the mud ploping as he rises and mud staining the front of his dirty white robes where the Septon knees had dug into the spongy earth. "
    I just realized I missed my daily devotion"

[size=85:11hbccue]*Snigger*

"
    This is troubling news you have brought me. Have you informed anyone else? I'm sure other investigating houses will be wroth, particularly the first among equals."
    I know I am, and I do not have half the temper of Lady Corrine. "
    Ser Theomore..."
    The Septon searches for something, the proper verbiage to gain the truth without exposing his level of distaste the Septon felt in his mouth. And Lady Corrine thinks that warding of young Lord Bejicot was the worst thing to have happened today. "
    Ser Theomore, this greatly disturbs me. These men women and children that were gathered did not have a chance to have their cases heard. How involved were you in this... justice."
    The last word tasted of ash and soot, with the bitter tang of poison. Justice was not done here, vengence was. There was no mercy in these actions.

(Septon Arlyn would be wanting to enter an intrigue to discover what really happened if he feels that you are holding anything back. IDK what you would test against (passive will 16, awareness is 12) so you can try and spin a thread or tell the truth.)
    Septon Arlyn
    Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:27 am

"
    At least none of them were women or children."
    Theomore seemed to lighten up a bit at the thought. "
    Men grown, all of them, but only guilty of turning to the way of the outlaw, I believe, out of the desperation wrought upon them by the war."

"
    And no, I haven't told anyone yet. I expect they will learn of what transpired soon enough."

"
    What pains me the most, septon."
    He studies the ground before him. "
    Is that I lacked the strength to show my disagreement with the actions of the prince, I could not stop him, but when he bid me show that I remained loyal to the crown, I took the easy way, the wrong way."

[At this point, Theo might well be in denial about the one part he leaves out of the tale, at least he is trying to be, so let's make the roll [url=in denial][/url]: 5d6k4+2 17, good enough to fool himself into disbelieving the worst part.]
    Theomore Tullison
    Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:54 pm

"
    It would be difficult to refuse the offer of a prince."
    Septon Arlyn's voice remains level, but the strain was beginning to show on his face. "
    I doubt that as a knight, you would have a difficult time disobeying your oath to obey your liege..."
    Septon Arlyn trails off, in thought.

"
    Ser Theomore,"
    Your actions did not credit your status as a knight, no that's too harsh. Your actions disgust me? it's true but not what he needs to hear right now. "
    Your actions are a disappointment. In neglecting to contact the other invstigating houses you may very well have sentenced a man who would have nearly needed to lose a hand to,"
    Horrible, gruesome, terrible "
    ,Unfortunate end."
    Septon Arlyns face is full of disgust, and his voice cracks against the strain of his propriety. "
    I understand that it is dangerous to directly oppose any member the royal family, but in standing by and letting this happen you have stated your agreement with the practice of feeding people who displease the prince to his dragon. You are a well known knight, your actions carry great weight amongst the circles of nobility you travel in. By not speaking up you may have indirectly contributed to the death of many innocent small folk to the wrath of Prince Aemond. As part of your vows you took an oath to protect the weak. The Small folk are the weakest amongst us, thus the ones who need the protection of the honorable knights the most."
    Septon Arlyn eyes bore into Ser Theomore. The Septons shoulders raise and fall with the quick breaths he is taking, his body almost vibrates from his trembling. First Ser Wlaton speaks of skinning a man alive, now Ser Theomore speaks of sitting idly by while 17 small folk get fed to a dragon! What is this world coming to. Does honorable knighthood exist anymore? Septon Arlyn clenches and unclenches his fists.

[size=200:3m3yz3xo]Now is not the time for this

Septon Arlyn then takes a deep breath, and counts backwards from ten and exhales slowly, closing his eyes and focusing on the image of the warriors face in the Sept of riverrun. "
    Ser Theomore... I believe that you did not intend for these actions to occur. But it does not change the fact that it has happened. The Gods do not look favorably upon those who do not follow their oath."
    Especially the oaths to defend those that cannot defend themselves "
    I would suggest you seek forgiveness for being complacent in this action against the work towards peace that has been done in this valley."
    It may have been the princes will to feed those men to the dragon but it is not the gods, "
    Search your soul and determine if the Gods agree with your actions. Only through their guidance can you find peace."
    Septon Arlyn
    Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:42 pm

"
    I do not think anyone else could have gotten there in time to change anything."
    Theomore squeezes his eyes shut with thumb and index finger, his head bowed low. "
    I should have tried harder to dissuade him, pleaded with him to show mercy, however much the prince might be willing to give. I do not think it would have made a difference, but there is always a small chance, if maybe only to replace the maw of Vhagar with the rope, a true knight does not give up unless retreat will save more lives."
    What was the saying? Bad from the start? Gods, how did he end up here....

"
    It is dangerous to disagree with a prince, it is dangerous to take a stand and publicly show it. My charge as a knight is to be just, this was me lying, agreeing to show my support of the prince when a true knight would refuse to have any part in the act. I lacked the courage to do the right thing, and instead....."
    Well this thing, how could it possibly be worth it? Had he not enjoyed it? And the joy will turn to ashes in your mouth...

"
    How is it possible? How could it be easier to throw a man to a horrible end than to look the Prince in the eye and tell him to do it himself?"
    Theomore Tullison
    Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:19 pm

"
    I do not have an answer for you Ser Theomore. That is for the father and yourself to decide."
    The Septon's words were measured. His arms were crossed over this big belly and the crystal hung down from its leather throng, collecting the moisture on its surface.

"
    Life is dangerous, this is true. But standing up for the truth and right is dangerous. Sometimes it is distasteful as well. However as a knight that is your charge. Hopefully this lesson in dealing with the prince will give you the courage needed to stand up against abuses of power next time, Ser Theomore."
    Septon Arlyn emphasized the title, hoping to remind the knight of the oaths he took to become the privileged member of society that he was.
    Septon Arlyn
    Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:53 pm

[I think this is scene for the Septon, but he is going to want to talk to you after the treaty discussion]
    Septon Arlyn
    Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3