Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6 LE] Redwain visit

2 posters

Go down

[D6 LE] Redwain visit Empty [D6 LE] Redwain visit

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:33 am

The hour was late and Lord Bartheld sat at the desk in his pavilion still dressed in his best attire, going over his House's ledger book when one of his guard enter the tent and Announced Lord Ereth Redwain's arrival. Closing the book and rising to greet the Lord, Davain gave a deep bow before gesturing to a chair opposite the desk. "
Please Lord Ereth take a seat. Can I offer you something to drink? Perhaps a glass of wine my house is famous for? I brought a particularly good vintage with me."
As Ereth got settle, Davain took his seat and waited for Ereth to speak first.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

[D6 LE] Redwain visit Empty Re: [D6 LE] Redwain visit

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:05 am

Ereth bows back to lord Davian "
Pleasure to meet you lord Davian, I've made acquaintance of one of your retainers, Nathaniel Mason a splendid fellow"
giving thought for the drink "
I will have one glass, it's a bit late and I'm not that much of a drinker of wine, I just like to savor a cup or two"
Indeed, otherwise you will be leaving here drunk if you get started...

"
I came here to become friends and our Houses allies. You House are famous for your parties and wines, I'm for my cider and farmlands. I was hoping a good trade among our Houses could benefit us both"
a charming smile and honesty in his words "
I also seek to invite you to my wedding, and I'll be hosting a small tournament to commemorate it, so if you have any knights that wish to participate I will gladly welcome them in the lists"

[ooc]Let me know if you want an intrigue[/ooc]
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:24 am

Davain waves a servant over to bring Ereth and himself a glass of wine.

Ayyy Marriage. Perhaps one of the most important ceremonies a young lord can undergo. I will make it a point for Ayleth and me to be. I’m sure it will be a splendid occasion.

Leaning back in his chair and taking a small sip of win, Davain's tone turn from one of joy to a more serious note.

As for the image of my house, it is one I hope to change. For too long my house Bartheld has been the laughing stock of the Seven Kingdoms. Parties and Tourneys are well and all, but it is hard for a lord to be taken seriously if all he cares about is indulging in his vices. What I truly seek is arms and armor (power) and would be more than willing to pay handsomely for them. In such times of unrest it pays to be well armed.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:32 pm

Ereth smiles "
Small tournaments normally bring a few good jousters and plenty of noble knights of less renown and hedge knights. I plan to recruit some of them, perhaps you may be luckier than me and have some of them come over to join House Bartheld"
leaning close to lord Bartheld "
Now if the small tournament counted with powerful lords, it will attract better men in search of patronage and coin"

Sipping the wine splendid pleased with the taste "
It is as you said lord Davian, quite tasty and good wine, I'll take this over the arbor anytime, perhaps I'll order some for the wedding if you don't mind"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:26 am

Davain simply waved his hand at Ereth's request to purchase wine for the wedding. Nonsense, I'll bring a few cask with as a wedding gift. A tournament and feast are drain enough on funds as is. As for hedge knights I just hope to find some that aren't just knights so they can prance around the field looking for glory. But enough of the small talk. How do you fell about this current matter of succession for the Iron Throne? Speaking from experience, these matters cause more harm than good. If Princess Rhaenyra really cared about the kingdom see would let her brother rule. The laws of succession are pretty clear. A sister cannot rule before her brothers.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:55 pm

"
Many would agree, but this type of fighting is very common. The only problem is that this time it's the royal family and it affects all of us, and I do agree with you, but my liege lord does not so it might be difficult, but with some help and time he could be convinced"
Ereth takes a drink of wine.

"
So for now I play neutral, I wish my House to survive and decide were my best option is when the time comes"
chuckling for a moment "
Knights will always seek glory and fame, you just have to know we're and when you want them to do so"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:25 am

Yes, while playing neutral might seem benefical, but if this issue isn't resolved soon the realm will bleed. I just hope House Bartheld can do their part to make sure it doesn't come to it.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:53 pm

"
Well, we can all see war in the future"
Ereth shruggs "
It's the size and magnitude that escapes me, but be certain of one thing. The riverlands will pay the highest prices in blood "
shaking his head "
Playing neutral might not even work when the time comes"
finishing his drink and looking at the empty cup "
Most Houses agree with the greens, I think blacks are mostly supporting Daemon, not the princess or what she represents."
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:49 am

"
Sadly I must agree, The Riverland always suffers when the realm is at war. Neutrality might work at first, but when things start to get desperate, neutral houses seem like a viable target for both sides."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:48 pm

"
Yes they do, especially smaller Houses"
leaving out the obvious like mine at the end of the sentence "
I will march were my lord directs me even if I disagree with some of his views, but I am a loyal vassal to him, let us hope Houses that are not as fortunate as having guidance of a strong liege find themselves protected when the time comes. Either way 'Fire &
Blood' will come to the Riverlands, let us just hope not upon our Houses"
Ereth drinks asks for some water and more wine, drinking the water first before returning to wine after that "
What are your plans for a strong military arm, every lord has his own perspective of strengths"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:39 am

"
For right now I simply seek to develop a strong core first for I expand into something special. My personal guard can make up the Calvary wing for now, but with a dependable foot soldier strength, my force has no back bone. As Lord I hold a responsiblilty to be able to defend my lands and counter any threat to them. Sadly I don't have the capability but if everything goes as plan I should have the core force ready in a few months time."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:34 am

"
I have something else to ask of you Lord Ereth. I have come into possession of a map containing the location of a great treasure located in the Stepstones. The island is fortified so I'm asking houses if they would like to pledge there support in an expedition. Would you be interested in joining?"
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:07 am

"
That would depend on the timing, of your expedition as I do wish to get married and have a tournament to hold after all, but it's an interesting proposition. What is this treasure you look for?"
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:12 pm

"
To be honest I'm not quite sure. I have only recently come into possession of this map. Maester Fourthwind assures me that it is genuine detailing the information of a great treasure, defended by a stout garrison in a wooden Motte &
Bailey. Though Maester Fourthwind is convince we haven't learned everything about this map. I of course have informants out to gather more information. The departure date is still tentative, but I am sure we could wait till after your wedding to commence this expedition."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down