Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6, MA] Knight After Knight

2 posters

Go down

[D6, MA] Knight After Knight Empty [D6, MA] Knight After Knight

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:20 pm

Gwyn didn't have to hunt very hard to find Ser Jorah. His name and face had become rather famous in the area, and the first server she pulled aside to ask after him had seen him in Ravenhall earlier in the day. Gwyneth hurried there, and a few more inquiries led her to where straw training dummies had been set up in a yard, and men with wooden swords attacked them over and over, like some weird vision of a warlike afterlife spent in an eternal battle against indestructible, passive foes. Would that be paradise for a warrior, or hell?

But there in the shadow of a tower was the man she sought, with his squire...or who she assumed was his squire. She'd seen Trelane trailing around after Jorah, but hadn't thought to inquire after him much. There were simply too many other things to keep track of.

It was an oversight. She'd need to correct that. Now more than ever, it was important to know who was with you...and who was against you.

"
Ser Jorah!"
Gwyn called as she carefully made her way across the yard. "
Might I have a word?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D6, MA] Knight After Knight Empty Re: [D6, MA] Knight After Knight

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:46 pm

Ser Jorah and Trelane were trying Trelane's preferred style of fencing as Lady Drakeson called out.

"
My Lady Drakeson,"
he bowed politely, "
how might I be of service?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:50 pm

She reached his side, all smiles. "
I'm very sorry to interrupt your training time. Something's come to my attention though, and I think you're the perfect man for the job. Is there somewhere we can talk more privately?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:07 pm

Ser Jorah raised an eyebrow;
"
Shall we retire to my quarters? We won't be disturbed."

Trelane was eager to accompany them.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:12 pm

"
That would be perfect, thank you very much."

As they made the journey to Jorah's room, Gwyn gave Trelane a smile. "
So you're Ser Jorah's squire, hm? I don't think we've been formally introduced, face to face. I'm Gwyneth Drakeson. However did you manage to squire to such a distinguished knight as our Ser Jorah here? I sense an interesting story behind that."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:32 pm

Trelane gave her a wry smile and bowed politely, his eyes perhaps lingering slightly too long.

"
Well, we haven't had much chance to speak after my abrupt arrival. My father is Lord Connington. He wished for me to learn from a true knight."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:44 pm

"
As must many fathers for their sons,"
Gwyn points out with a chuckle. "
But still, only one may squire for a particular knight at a time. How did you come to be chosen? Did you impress Jorah? Or were negotiations involved?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:24 pm

"
I think we can safely say that my arrival was a surprise to Ser Jorah. My family is an influential one and Ser Jorah was a name that came highly recommended by various people. Of course, it was all very sudden."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:48 pm

"
Yes indeed,"
Gwyn agreed. "
You've mentioned that several times now. Ser Jorah, if you don't mind my asking...what about young Trelane here made you decide to accept him as your squire? As sudden as his arrival was."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:13 pm

"
Potential,"
he replied, "
potential for the future."
He opened up his chambers and politely gestured for them to enter.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:32 pm

Gwyneth nodded gratefully and stepped inside. Once the door was closed behind them, she said, "
My apologies for prying. I have been feeling extra...cautious, of late."

She glanced at Trelane, then at Jorah. "
I trust your judgement, Ser. If you trust him, so shall I."

Pausing just a moment, to allow Jorah to confirm or deny that trust, Gwyn then went on to the reason she'd brought them there.

"
A green knight of our acquaintance has been making moves as we investigated. Over the past days he's been rounding up sympathizers of Ser Hugh Rivers, without the knowledge or involvement of any of the other investigators including the Marstens. Rather, he's gone straight to Prince Aemond himself."

Her eyes met Jorah's. "
I can only guess at his intentions, but what seems most likely to me is that he intends to undermine Lord and Lady Marsten's authority, as well as the authority of the investigating Houses in general, by instigating the Prince to take direct action without going through proper channels. In the process, he most likely hopes to gain the Prince's favor as...a bulwark...against suspicion and accusations."

"
I'd like you to go meet with Prince Aemond, and see what you can discover about this."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:45 am

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Gwyneth nodded gratefully and stepped inside. Once the door was closed behind them, she said, "
My apologies for prying. I have been feeling extra...cautious, of late."

She glanced at Trelane, then at Jorah. "
I trust your judgement, Ser. If you trust him, so shall I."

Pausing just a moment, to allow Jorah to confirm or deny that trust, Gwyn then went on to the reason she'd brought them there.

Ser Jorah sighed, "
I can understand your caution on this. Everything happened so suddenly, it is all suspicious, but I do trust this young man.

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:"
A green knight of our acquaintance has been making moves as we investigated. Over the past days he's been rounding up sympathizers of Ser Hugh Rivers, without the knowledge or involvement of any of the other investigators including the Marstens. Rather, he's gone straight to Prince Aemond himself."

Her eyes met Jorah's. "
I can only guess at his intentions, but what seems most likely to me is that he intends to undermine Lord and Lady Marsten's authority, as well as the authority of the investigating Houses in general, by instigating the Prince to take direct action without going through proper channels. In the process, he most likely hopes to gain the Prince's favor as...a bulwark...against suspicion and accusations."

"
I'd like you to go meet with Prince Aemond, and see what you can discover about this."

"
So he intends to make enemies of various houses in the process then. Is anybody else talking with the other houses? What exactly do you wish for me to do? Just find out what is going on or try and convince him to wait to listen to all the houses?"

Ser Jorah sighed, "
it looks like I will need to put my head in the Dragon's mouth and get burned."
He looked at Trelane, "
sorry."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:42 pm

Gwyn shakes her head. "
I sincerely doubt he's planning to make enemies of more than the Marstens in this matter. It's far more likely he's been quietly going around convincing the other Houses to lose faith in Ben and Corrine. And I know I've no authority to tell you what to do. I haven't gone to Daveth with this yet. However, if there's one man who can convince Aemond to respect the King's edict and allow the Houses here to operate without interference, it's you. Our green knight is very persuasive, but the Prince owes you his life."

"
It's my hope that this will give you an advantage in dealing with him."

She sighs and shrugs. "
Trying to assess what damage he's done among the other Houses will be something Corrine and I will be doing, though there's little time left."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:57 pm

"
I'm sure his liege lord will happily have found himself having changed allegiances politically."
Jorah sighed, wondering how out of his depth he was about to be, "
I will speak to him, but somebody needs to speak to Lord Wylde. The Prince overstepping his boundaries is not something he would like."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:49 pm

"
With any luck, we can prevent it from being an issue in the first place,"
Gwyn sighs. "
But I'll pass the idea of seeing Lord Wylde on to Daveth when I can see him. I came to you directly the moment I found out what was going on, but I'd like to bring him up to speed before things get TOO far advanced."

She paused for a moment, weighing Jorah. "
Is there anything you need from me, or that I can do to help?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:07 am

"
Hmm, whilst you do feel I am the best person for this, my techniques in this area I find are deficient in comparison to my martial skills. Would you be able to provide some suggestions of how to approach the Prince?"
Jorah didn't like admitting weakness, but he knew he would need all the help he could get in this instance.

ooc
trying to do some prep work to get any bonuses with the prince

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down