Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6 EA] Helping the Mute (open)

2 posters

Go down

[D6 EA] Helping the Mute (open) Empty [D6 EA] Helping the Mute (open)

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:42 am

Septon Arlyn arrives as the sun is beginning to crest through the clouds. A few clouds are dropping there wet loads in the distance makes the Septon feel warm. Hopefully this dampness will cool some tempers. As he merges from the small woods into the clearing around the town he looks over at the small refugee camp. Not today my friends, Today I am helping my Brothers and Sisters in preparing the dead. Thank the Seven that their peace will be had at last. He silently approaches the town, seeing figures cloaked in grey moving from place to place, like a bunch of restless spirits raised by the violence of the poisoned death head here. Moving ahead towards the figures in grey, Septon Arlyn takes silent guidance from them. Fulfilling his duty to those whom he does not know, but whom he mourns.

Septon Arlyn helps load body after body onto the cart, the horses were too afraid of the smell of death that permeated the ground and very air that was being inhaled. Brown Brothers instead stood in front of the hand carts as the sisters loaded them, bringing them to the pyres to be unloaded by more of the sisters.

After about half an hour of labors work, Septon Arlyn had sweat dripping down his back and could feel the sore ache in his back and legs. Even though the bodies did not have much substance left to them, the sheer number of bodies that they were moving lead the Septon to feel it start to drain his body. Septon Arlyn tries to smile at the Grey Sisters, but it becomes more of a grimace then a thing of joy, and nods silently at their continued labors. Mother, let their dreams not be troubled by the sites they see here. Let their training and dedication allow them to find peace, even with the amount of sorrow that surrounds them. Septon Arlyn moves to the edge of the village, where Nathan had set up refreshment stations for the Brothers, Sisters, and families who had come to this place.

As Septon Arlyn is approaching the table he sees a small huddled group, an elderly man and women with two small children clutching at the old women's skits. Septon Arlyn carefully approaches the table and coughs, announcing his presence. "
I'm sorry Septon,"
the old man says, his gravely voice cracking under the strain. "
Let me get my family out of your way, Come Pollox, Isobel, and my love Fredina. Let us give the Septon his table."
A small amount of bitterness escapes his voice, clearly showing that he felt the Septon was not in need of any more meals.

"
You can stay Goodman, I am Septon Arlyn of House Dulver. I want to help..."
Septon Arlyn begins

"
You could have helped by being here earlier! preventing this senseless violence!"
the old gravely voice raises, lashing out against the only thing he can. "
The seven gods have forsaken us, you people of the faith have forsaken us. Where were you when sweet Jolanta lost her husband? Where were you when she had to turn away from her children in shame for what she had become! You cursed her, you blamed her for the things she did to survive! She was strong my Jolanta, She always sent money when she could to help support her children... she..."
The old voice trails off, sobbing in remembrance of daughter who he lost in this village, his shoulders rising and falling as the sobs racked his body.

"
I'm am sorry for your loss, there are not words that can correct this wrong that was committed here."
Begins Septon Arlyn, "
I understand that people do what they must to survive goodman... May I Have your name?"

"
Jailal"
, He replies his voice lacking in emotion that was so evident a few moments before.

"
Jailal,"
Septon Arlyn starts "
I'm am sorry if you feel that the faith has abandoned you, but I can promise you that I am here to help. The mother is there to offer her comfort to you, and the crone will offer her wisdom for you to see the path forward."

"
Septon, I'm sorry for my outburst, but I fear it is the stranger who stalks my steps these days. Just Last year I lost my son in law, I lost my Daughter here in Blackbuckle, and my wife has the wasting. I have broke myself on her treatments. My son has died from bandits and my brother is now at the wall. I don't have anyone else to help me with my grandchildren."
He gives his tail in a halting voice, "
Now I can not even recognize my daughter!"
he sobs.

Septon Arlyn listens attentively as the man gives his story. Holding up his arms he embraces the man, feeling the bony malnourished form against him. Septon Arlyn whispers in the mans ear "
bring your grandchildren to House Dulver, to the orphanage. I will find space for you on Dulvers lands. The Gods will provide Goodman Jailal."
Septon Arlyn releases the man and stares into his eyes. "
You will be alright. Now tell me what you know of your daughter, What color is her hair, did she have any birthmarks or jewelry?"
Septon Arlyn asks.

"
She had a leather neckless, on which a crecent shapend shell was hung. A gift from her dead husband that she kept on here. Her hair was brown and she had the bite of the stork around the base of her neck."
The words came pouring forth, like water rushing from a dam.

"
I will help you find her,"
Says Septon Arlyn. "
The crone will guide our search."

"
Thank you Septon,"
States Jailal tears begining to well up in his eyes again and spilling over his eyelid. "
Thank you for everything."
The tears dry quickly on his tan wrinkled skin, the hollowness under his eyes like a dry desert absorbing the liquid that was escaping.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Septon Arlyn reaches the end of the time he had allotted for helping the village and was about to leave.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D6 EA] Helping the Mute (open) Empty Re: [D6 EA] Helping the Mute (open)

Post by Davain Bartheld Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:38 am

Davain patrolled the village of Blackbuckle to see the damaged caused to the smallfolk first hand. He was surprised to see the septon of House Dulver helping to dispose of the dead. approaching the man, Septon I wish to thank you personally with helping to clean up the dead. It is such a tragedy to see this once prosperous village get destroyed because of some petty feud between two noble houses. It is a shame to see such life wasted.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:15 pm

Septon Arlyn looks to see who is approaching and sees a young man, his armor is well made and places him as a noble, if not a Lord. Septon Arlyn sees the narrow face and high cheek bones, with his eyes peering out from under a medium length hair, but his face is clean shaven, showing great attention to detail. I think that I saw this man with the baratheld's at the speechs in front of ironrod, unless... That is right, I believe that he is the Lord of House Bartheld, as the man that Ser Jon was backing decided to bow out after the famous knights death.

As the Lord approaches Septon Arlyn greets him with a smile and listens intently to his words. His words were measured, humble, and understanding, showing Septon Arlyn that this was another lord who cares about the people and so the Septon finds himself nodding along with the Lord's words. After Lord Davian Bartheld finishes speaking Septon Arlyn begins, "
I doubt that much sense can be made of the the silent violence that was done here, however I am glad that the Coldbrooks discovered who the culprit was and caught him so that Arryn can finally be brought to justice, and although I doubt that there can be any equal of punishment that can be brought to one man to equal to the slow painful death that he brought to all of these people, or the ripples of pain that he caused to those who had family and friends here, I'm sure that the father will provide a special place in the seven hells for him. After he is sent from this life is the only time I believe that true justice for his crimes can finally be meted out, as sending him to death by the same way that he sent all of the people here to the strangers embrace and the crones guidance only perpetuates his atrocity to include himself, and brings whoever administers the poison into his scheme, making them an accomplice to this."
with the final words Septon Arlyn stretches his arms out to the village, indicating the mass death brought on by the poisoners hand.

"
So are you Lord Bartheld then? I have heard a lot about you from Nathan and he has only good things to say about you."
Although the dead knight Jon seemed to feel that you would lead the house to ruin "
How have the fortunes been for House Bartheld. I heard that with Nathan's words at the Maesters conclave and your wisdom in following Nathan's advice you managed to adequately prepare for the coming winter, and as such did not lose your crops, saving your smallfolk from starcing."
Septon Arlyn gave a big smile at that, "
That shows great wisdom I believe, Sometimes it is good to manage every detial of your affairs, but I feel that it is even more wise for Lords to surround themselves with talent people, particaularly to sure up places that they feel they have a lack of understanding. I hear that your Maester is another very talented individual, that his amount of learning is great, even amongst those in the citadiel. When I visited the Citadel last year there were whispers that there was no man alive who was as talented in the matters of nature as your Maester. "
Septon Arlyn gives a big generous grin to Lord Bartheld.

Last edited by 167 on Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:14 am

OOC: Davain is 19 so he is no where near being a middle aged man

Yes Nathaniel has been very resourceful and has proven to be invaluable to House Bartheld. I am afraid that without him my uncle would have had a lot more support for his claim against. With his help and the help Maester Fourthwind our wealth has been well managed. I have heard rumors, but what has truly happened here? Who is responsible for such destruction?
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:28 pm

(Noted, changed the post above. I made the post on a guess Very Happy )

"
It was the work of a solitary madman. A Maester of the citadel sworn to house blackwood. However this Maester Arryn worked alone, claiming it was too prevent any further suffering of the Blackwood's men who were being tortured here. He used an ancient poison known as glass candle tears and was apprehended a few days ago at the assembly that was called by Lady Corinne before the inn was attacked."
Septon Arlyn shook his head sadly.

"
If only these two Lord's had not continued this fued, if Lord Bracken had his men use more restraint in questioning, then perhaps the Maester would not have had such demented thoughts of mercy, and then he would not have poisoned this whole village."
Septon Arlyn frowned and shrugged his shoulders. Then he looks into the young Lord's eyes. "
At least Ser Myles is helping pay for the restoration of blackbuckle. I believe that was your man Nathan's doing. Very kind of him. "
kindness and ferocity, a dangerous combination. Nothing is as scary as a justified man.

"
Hopefully the pain and suffering found here can serve as a warning to other wise Lord's."
Septon Arlyn nods in reverence to the young Lord.

"
On a slightly happier note, I have discovered some good books on healing processes. If I could barrow the use of your Maester to help you research this morning, then I am sure that I would be able to more quickly sift through the information and find the facts from the fantasy. As you stated yourself, Maester Forthwind is well educated. He would be an invaluable asset to me and another Maester, Maester Healis from house Tullison, who will be helping research this information."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:56 pm

"
It is such a shame that the most learned amoung us choose to commit such vile actions. Hopefully the citidel will replace this bad seed with a good one. One that can hopefully teach Lord Benji that aggression isn't alway the answer. Perhaps than all this blood shed can stop. No one even knows the truth anymore as to why this two house fight."

"
But there is nothing we can really do is there? Only punish the wicked and hope it steems the violence for enough time. Enough if that though>
I would gladly lend my maester to support one of the Seven's most devolt. I will inform him of his duties and you may call upon him when you need him."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:11 pm

"
Your most kind Lord Davian. I feel you are correct in this, that the citadel should replace the Maester. If mighty Lord's can not responsibly assured that there investment would be made good on, how can we assume that they could trust the citadel or Maester's at all?."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:52 am

"
Exactly, by not replacing the Maester, one could infer that the Citadel condones such acts of treachery."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:37 pm

"
That would set a dangerous precedent I believe. We have too few things to bind all the noble houses together. Faith, but that's lacking in the iron islands and the north. The king, but that is lacking in dorne, as well as the iron islands. It is the wisdom of the citadel that nearly all can agree on. If we have Lord's questioning their Maester's."
Septon Arlyn let's the implications of that sink in.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:01 am

"
The knowledge of the Maesters is something all noble born have past on to them, without them their would be no one to teach our children the customs of the land."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:08 am

"
Precisely, it would be remiss to deprive young Lord Blackwood of the knowledge of a maester, nor the good fortune that it would bring onto his house."
Septon Arlyn nods in agreement with Lord Davians assessment. "
So tell me, do you have a Sept on Bartheld lands, Goodman nathan seems to be a religious sort."
in his own queer way "
Do you have time to learn from a Septon about the light the seven can bring to your house?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:10 am

"
Sadly Hart Home does not have a sept. My ancestors thought it unimportant to bring the light of the Seven to our people, but don't worry, building a sept is one of the many plans I have for my house."
Davain takes the next few month to ponder how best to phrase his next question. "
Septon Arlyn, I here you advisor House Dulver on many matters. I was hoping you could introduce me to Ser Walton. I heard he is a great warrior. I am planning a great expedition in the coming months and I am sure his skills will help me immensely."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:11 am

"
Certainly, we have a hunt for a bear and later I believe he will be at the Dulvers camp after the hunt. He decided that we Dulvers should move to Pennytree to help support the population their after the recent attacks. I'm Planning on more fully investigating the scene and hope to pick up some additional clues on the second attack,"
States Septon Arlyn, his mind already turning over the puzzle in his mind. "
But a greater warrior I imagine there are few. He smote Ser Benjen Frey in one stroke of his heavy sword."
Septon Arlyn shivers slightly at the memory. "
Impressive, yet also gruesome. However, if a strong fighter is what is needed then he is the man you should speak to."
Septon Arlyn spoke with pride about Ser Walton.

the hunt
[url:32komje0]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=187&
t=2335[/url:32komje0]

The Dulvers Camp
[url:32komje0]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=187&
t=2339[/url:32komje0]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:36 pm

"
Thank you good Septon, I will follow your lead."

[OOC:] I am thinking of meeting him at the camp. Do you want to make and introduction post or should I go at it alone?
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:43 pm

[I will edit my last post saying you wish to meet him, but I've already left the pavilion in a bit of a tizzy due to a touched nerve Razz ]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down