Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7, EA] Answering House Dulver's Insult

+2
Tymon Lannister
Reader
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D7, EA] Answering House Dulver's Insult Empty [D7, EA] Answering House Dulver's Insult

Post by Reader Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:32 am

Ser Colyn Manderly made ready to defend his liege's honour with lance and sword once more despite his earlier defeat, Ser Myles Blackwood having wisely decided that calling on the famed Ser Tyron Blackwood risked inflaming the situation further.

The proud aqua merman of House Manderly had suffered the indignity of defeat by Ser Kevan's lance once already in recent days, and the Northman was determined to restore his martial reputation by putting up a strong display against House Dulver's champion.

While a better swordsman than a jouster, Ser Colyn still sat a finer lance than most.

Ser Colyn
Passive Ride: 14
Health 12/12
AR 9

[OOC: settled by first injury/unhorsing or yield, this is a matter of honour rather than life &
death]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D7, EA] Answering House Dulver's Insult Empty Re: [D7, EA] Answering House Dulver's Insult

Post by Tymon Lannister Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:52 am

Ser Tymon Lannister answered the challenge for House Dulver. The betrothed to Helen Dulver readied his lance and steed, proud and ready to answer the call. He was naturally skilled in the joust and the sword and was excited to have the chance to challenge Ser Colyn in the list.

Ser Tymon
Health 9/9
AR 8

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

[D7, EA] Answering House Dulver's Insult Empty Re: [D7, EA] Answering House Dulver's Insult

Post by Reader Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:59 am

House Blackwood's champion dipped his tourney lance to both Lord Benjicot Blackwood and the Dulver delegation, giving all present their dues. Honour was at stake here and this was a serious matter, but that did not mean knightly courtesies should not be observed.

Ser Colyn waited for his opponent to set himself before kicking his mount in to the charge, adopting a conventional stance against this unfamiliar foe. He faced a Lannister, and therefore his foe was likely to be well trained at the very least: the Lions did not lack for coin and had many fine masters of arms. Ser Colyn noted his opponent's youth - a new generation of Lannisters to defeat: more honour in this than facing the old and sluggish Ser Lefford Lannister.

Ser Colyn
Health 12/12
AR 9
Stance: normal

[OOC: feel free to post your stance and roll now, then I'll roll for Ser Colyn]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:27 pm

Ser Tymon grabbed his helm as he swung onto his Courser, Storm, and patted her neck, calming her as she whickered the way she usually did before a tilt, feeling the excitement. He fed her an apple as he adjusted his armor and asked for his tourney lance. He moved to the stands and saluted the House Dulver delegation, smiling at his betrothed, Helen (OOC – Reader aged Helen up to 16 years old), and mouthing “Hear us Roar” to her, causing her to laugh at their private joke. As Ser Tymon dipped his lance, Helen said “for luck” as she tied a ribbon around his lance. Ser Tymon then saluted Lord Blackwood and his retainers and then closed the visor on his helm and moved towards his starting position in the list. He went through his mental preparation that Ser Alayne Tarly had taught him as a squire. He then turned his attention towards his opponent and he began to feel the electric charge of combat, the test of one individual against another. He felt aware of every one of his senses as he readied to do one of the things he loved, the joust. To feel the charged atmosphere of the list as two warriors hurtled towards each other was a feeling like no other, a true test. The thundering of hooves became silence to him as he began his charge down the list. He heard nothing and felt only the blood singing in his veins and the thrill of the challenge before him.

Ser Tymon
Health 9/9
AR 8
Stance: High in the Saddle (+1)

[url=Joust with Ser Colyn][/url]: 10d6k4+1 24

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:49 pm

Ser Tymon dealt a thunderous blow to Ser Colyn's shield, both lances shattering in the crisp spring afternoon. Lady Helen Dulver leapt to her feet to applaud her betrothed, while Dulver guardsmen shouted their approval with "
Lannister! Lannister for Deepen Hall!"

Here was the conflict that bubbled up across Westeros in microcosm, Green jouster against Black.

Ser Myles Blackwood leant across, nodding and gesturing approvingly at the display of prowess to his young Lord and nephew. Lord Benjicot Blackwood clapped as hard as his young hands could manage when he saw Ser Colyn fight to regain control of his mount and wheel for another pass despite the blood all could see turning his pale blue merman surcoat red.

Ser Colyn
Health 4/12 [includes catch your breath result]
AR 9
I/W/F: 1/0/0
Stance: normal
Pass 1: [url=Jousting - standard][/url]: 8d6k4 17 - Animal Handling (ride) TN 9 for Ser Tymon to stay mounted, takes 8 damage -8AR = 0 damage to Ser Tymon
Takes 24 damage - 9 AR = 15 damage - 1 injury = 11 damage
Stay in the saddle at TN 15: [url=Stay in the saddle][/url]: 5d6k3-1 15 [spending destiny will cause him to fail this roll by imposing -1D]
Pass 2 stance: high in the saddle +2
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:30 pm

As Ser Colyn fought to regain control of his mount, destiny intervened and Ser Colyn fell from his horse, ending the joust, and challenge. Ser Tymon opened the visor to his helmet and yelled out to the sky, "
For Deepen Hall"
. He saluted Ser Colyn for his bravery in taking up the challenge of the joust and said "
Ser Colyn, you fought well"
. Ser Tymon then cantered towards the reviewing stand and as he stopped in front of the stands he first saluted Lord Blackwood, and then turned towards the Dulver delegation and saluted his future family and retainers. He turned to Helen Dulver, his betrothed, with a smile on his face and said to her "
My lady, your lovely presence and favor were inspiring in today's tilt"

(OOC: I use a destiny point to to impose -1D to his animal handling (ride) roll to make Ser Colyn to miss his TN15 roll)

[url=Destiny use for Ser Colyn's Animal Handling Roll][/url]: 1d6 6
Ser Colyn's Roll to stay mounted= 15-6 for use of Destiny Point = 9 modified roll

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:52 pm

An inspiring display, with Ser Tymon showing himself a man of not just talent but also honour and poise.

Ser Colyn rose, battered and out matched but still moving, mercifully.

"
Well struck Ser, I withdraw my harsh words towards goodman Luecian,"
he manages, clutching bruised ribs from the fall, not noticing the blood staining his tunic. Septon Arrick lopes forward to assist, House Blackwood having been deprived of its Maester in unpleasant circumstances. "
I thank you for your courtesy. Continue like that and your House's mines will pale in comparison to the earnings from your tourney victories."

Even once all this had passed, Helen Dulver had barely stopped applauding in delight.

"
I knew my betrothed would win, I knew it."

[OOC: a minor clarification on how spending destiny on another roll works: it effectively imposes -1D on their roll. This is ideal for PbP because -1D doesn't adjust the dice they rolled, just the number they keep. There's no need to roll, as they'll just logically drop their lowest scoring dice. In this case a 4, leaving Ser Colyn on a 4. Doesn't matter at all in this case.

Ser Tymon Lannister earns +1 glory

Ser Colyn takes an additional 8 damage from the fall (ignores AR) and therefore takes 2 more injuries, giving him some bruised ribs to go with his lance injury.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:57 am

Septon Arlyn smiles from the healer's tent set up on the green. that Lannister sure has a way about him. A single pass to unseat a knight if such quality. A good match for little Helen. Septon looks over at the beaming young Dulver. a good match. Although if anything should happen to her... There is more ways then the lance to handle an errant knight. a slight frown crosses the Septon's face at that thought. "
Well fought Ser Tyron Lannister! A noble showing indeed."
He yells across the green.

now to set about healing injuried wounds from injuried pride Septon Arlyn waits until Septon Arrick arrives at the tent with Ser Colyn. "
Good Ser, I am Septon Arlyn from House Dulver. If you desire, I have some experience as a healer and would be happy to see to your wounds. Think of it as a small gesture of goodwill from House Dulver to their kin the Blackwood's."
Septon Arlyn smiles through his words, hoping to set the knight at ease.

[url=Charm Ser Colyn into accepting assistance day 7 EA][/url]: 7d6k5 28 (wow, almost a perfect roll Shocked )
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:26 am

House Dulver's guardsmen roar their agreement with Septon Arlyn over Tymon's victory, with even Ser Myles joining the applause.

The defeated, injured Ser Colyn Vance tried to be an honourable man, and once a challenge was resolved he tried to set aside any rancour or ill-feeling. An easy task with such an honourable opponent backed by gracious companions. House Dulver seemed a confusing mix between the belligerent and the courteous.

"
My thanks kind Septon. Family ties unites us even where my House clings to different gods."

"
I still cannot believe it of Maester Arran. He confessed fully, so must have done it. Strange to have known a man so many years and yet not truly known him. For all his sins, he was a gifted maester and I find myself in need of him all too soon, but from what I hear of the outrage at the Green Door Inn you are at least his equal."

Ser Colyn proved a willing, stoic patient. He had borne many wounds in service to his Lord with a strong body and scars that could tell of countless battles and duels.

[OOC: Ser Colyn's disposition towards the Septon improves to amiable.

Feel free to make Diagnosis and Treat Injury rolls now that will kick in for D8.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:16 pm

"
Aye, a man's heart can be a difficult thing at times to understand Ser Colyn."
Septon Arlyn noticed the scars and signs of many fights. at least let's hope they were all from combat. "
I do not want to add injury to insult Ser, but Luecian is a good boy and better Archer. He saved me from a group of bandits at the start of these investigations. Now he is not the most learned man, and letters seem to be like his down fall, but he means well, even if his words were troubling at raventree hall. I hope you will not bear any ill will towards house Dulver over Goodman Longbow."

[url=Treat Ser Colyn day 7 EA][/url]: 6d6k4 18
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:55 pm

Ser Colyn is an ideal patient - he has endured far poorer surgeons than the talented septon.

"
The gods have judged that no offence was intended and I am not a man to gainsay them. I can but ask the same - honour compels me to defend my lord's hall and reputation where I perceive a slight, and I now believe Luecian's was unintended."

"
Are you citadel trained Septon? A few of your order have some rudimentary knowledge in setting bones and bandaging cuts, but generally no more than an experienced soldier. Or was your knowledge won from too many an unhappy tale and bitter experience?"
Ser Colyn had a melancholy edge to his personality, or perhaps it was supping from the cup of defeat twice in a single week.

[OOC: Ser Colyn's healing will depend on the degree of activity he undertakes but likely to be either:

light/none, TN 6 = three injuries healed
moderate TN 9= two injuries healed]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:22 pm

"
Nay, Ser Colyn, I had only seen the citadel from a distance before last year when I went there searching for.."
Septon Arlyn pauses"
An object sacred to the faith. But in my childhood I had a knack for such things, and steady hands. Maester Corwyn, my Lord Father's Liege Lord's Maester had noticed that knack and attempted to nurture it when I came to visit my fathers liege during. Maester Corwyn tried to convince my father to send me to the citadel, but as he was a simple landed knight and I was third in line he could not afford the expense to entailed, so I went to the Starry Sept in oldtown instead."
Septon Arlyn shrugs, "
but that was a different life one, and one I no longer live."
He stresses matter of factly.

"
However the lessons that the good Maester taught me came to be a vital importance as I was wandering the roads as a begging brother I discovered that there was quite a need from the small folk for a healer of their bodies, as well as their souls. For it is difficult to hear the whispers of the Seven who are On if the listener is instead distracted by the pain experienced by their bodies."
Septon Arlyn gestured to the knights many scars and wounds, as well as the neat stitches that the Septon had made from where the knights armor had pinched the skin until it was cut. "
As you yourself can likely attest. Then, as I became the Septon of Stony Hearth I discovered that there was not a master located their either, so I spend much of my time administering to the small folk and the family of Stony Hearth as well as teaching Walton, Horas, Terren, and Helena. After Maester Falsten arrived he took over caring for the memmbers of House Dulver, and that opened up more of my time to dedicate myself to the care and wellbeing of the smallfolk."

"
Now Ser Colyn, I'm going to ask that you take things easy for the next day, The stitches are good but I'm afraid that your injuries might be more internal as well, from the fall from your horse of course, to if you could have your squire attend to any running about you may have so that you can rest in bed, it will help you heal more quickly. As they Maesters say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

[url=Convince Ser Colyn to stay in bed and let his injuries heal day 7 EA][/url]: 7d6k5+2 18
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:37 pm

Ser Colyn puts up some defiance but eventually concedes defeat, aware of the wisdom of the Septon's words.

[/scene on my part, but Ser Tymon should feel free to revel in his triumph and others are free to congratulate him on his spectacular showing]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 pm

Ser Tymon was feeling exhilarated after his joust with Ser Colyn. After all honors had been rendered and the formal portion of the joust was over Ser Tymon dismounted from Storm and tied her reins to a nearby postern. After the Dulver delegation moved to an area by themselves he then found Helen and spoke to his betrothed, asking her, “My dear, would you like to feast with me tonight to celebrate the successful defense of the challenge to House Dulver”? He smiled and said to Helen “I can think of nothing I would like more than to spend time with you milady.” He turned to the members of the Dulver delegation and asked “Lords Walton, Lord Terren, Septon Arlyn, (OOC – I am not sure who exactly showed up for the joust from House Dulver other than Septon Arlyn but would ask them all) would you care to feast tonight in celebration of the victory for House Dulver and House Lannister. We should eat, drink, and share good company”.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:27 pm

Terren will smile at Ser Tymon "
An incredible display of skill, Ser Tymon, defeating Ser Colyn in a single tilt is nothing short of impressive. And I am more than willing to join you in celebration."

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:35 pm

Septon Arlyn had just finished working on Ser Colyn and providing the knight with the Septon's words of concern, encouragement, and warning about the risks of being too active after receiving such injuries, as well as appealing to the knights own experience in healing from the multitude of injuries that Ser Colyn had sustained, as evidenced by the knights frequent scaring.

"
My Lord Lannister, a feast sounds like a brilliant idea!"
Septon Arlyn beams with the possibility of such an extensive array of food. "
Perhaps we can invite the bartheld's to assist in such an endeavor, for they are famous for their parties and such. Might it be that we could hold two feasts, one for the common's, and one for the mighty Lord's? Perhaps Luecian could round up some beasts to present the mighty Lord's, and maybe Lord Terren can speak with some of the merchants about freeing up some of their gains for the common's?"
Quietly he approaches the gathered Lord's of House Dulver and Lannister.

In a more hushed tone he continues, "
such an event might bring both sides together, so it would best be held in a neutral location. It might be a chance to bring Blackwood's and Bracken's together as well. Maybe by our hosting of such a thing, we can draw on the strength of blood to prevent the Blackwood's from initiating any sourness from stirring up. And perhaps my own status as an officer of the Faith my words of peace will prevent the Bracken's from initiating any hostilities. It will be a test of good faith between the two houses, but if faith is not tested it becomes a shallow sickly thing and of no use."
Septon Arlyn turns to each of the assembled. "
What say you? Ser Walton, Ser Garred? Would it be possible to open up some of the soldiers rations for the common folk here? Maybe use some of the houses funds to purchase enough food and spirits for this to be feast of peace to be remembered?"
and hopefully generate enough goodwill between these houses to help prevent a further fued. Thinks Septon Arlyn to himself.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:34 am

Luecian watched this display nervous for the now young knight that he knew many years ago as a young boy. Me own silly words got him into this, could stand a lesson on when to open me mouth and when to not. Mayhaps these old god worshipers just be more thin skinned than most, bet Septon Arlyn would say they be missing the Father's blessing. He silently expressed relief as the young knight proved more than capable of handling himself with lance and steed. Guessing he paid attention to a few things over the years, that be pretty impressive.

Approaching Ser Colyn as the Septon was finishing with him, he tried to give an apology of sorts while trying to hide his own excitement from the contest. "
Ser you be an honorable knight and it saddens me ownself that me own poor words caused this situation. Hopin that as the Septon mentioned that you can be forgiving meself and House Dulver both."

After exchanging words with the knight from House Blackwood, he quickly ran up to hero of the day to express his thanks.
"
Ser Tymon you be a true friend in helping dig meself out of the hole me owns words dug. Mighty impressive ride there, you be surely very skilled with lance and steed. Consider meself in your debt and owing a big favor at the least me old friend!' He clasps the knights gauntlet in eager friendship, struggling to contain his relief and excitement.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:02 am

Ser Tymon warmly greeted Terren Dulver warmly "
I look forward to dining with you Terren. It will be good to eat and drink with my future brother. We can eat and drink our fill, and once Helen retires we can drink our fill of wine and sing bawdy song. Perhaps we should also wait until the Septon retires"
Ser Tymon said while laughing. He was in a fine mood after his victory in the joust and successful defense of the honor of House Dulver.

Ser Tymon then turned to Luecian, a childhood friend and whispered to him "
Look at the fine mess you got me into. It feels just like growing up at the Stoney Heath"
He laughed and clapped Luecian heartily on his back. "
It is good to see you again friend, it has been too long."

Ser Tymon then walked out to the Septon and said "
That is a fine idea Septon. I think the invitation coming from a man of learning and piety such as yourself has the best chance of an invitation accepted amongst those that might otherwise consider us to be on opposite side of things. As a matter of honor the one invitation I will extend is to Ser Colyn, as one warrior who has faced the other in the list."

Ser Tymon walked to where Septon Arlyn was tending to Ser Colyn and said to Ser Colyn "
Good Ser, I want to invite you to dine with us tonight at our camp and at our table. As one honorable warrior to another, I hope we can put today's challenge behind us, and I can think of no better way than to break bread together, as well as a few casks of wine"
he said with a smile.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:10 am

Ser Walton approached Tymon as last one. He was honestly smiling and pat Ser Tymon to the shoulder with words "
With pride I can say, You will be worthy brother, Lannister"
. And those words were more worth, as it was first time, when Walton adressed them to anyone. "
Helen will be in good hands"
added with kind nod of his head.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:11 pm

"
This is quite the momentous occasion good Ser Tymon. Ser Walton, do you think it would be possible to celebrate this occasion with a grand feast? I'm sure that some of the local populace has grown weary of the kings forces. I think that our recent actions at Pennytree may have earned us some more of that goodwill. Perhaps if we have a feast for the commons and the nobles we can invest that goodwill and receive a return of peace."
Septon Arlyn hopefully asks.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:46 pm

Walton nodded in confirmation "
That's great idea, share our splendour with surrondings."
After that he made small pause, to gather thoughts before continuing. "
But we should treat our victory as addition to long lasting peace between Brackens and Blackwoods, which our intervention is starting. That should be main point and reason of ou feast. But it doesn't take glory from Tymon, of course. Lannister, I would like You to sit on most honorable places of dais, with me and Septon."
Then Walton once more turned to Septon "
Arlyn, You may take care of diplomatic side, Garred will ensure safety and Terren can keep eye on coin, according to his talents."
Then Walton once more patted Tymon to the shoulder. "
And now take off that junk, before Your balls will boil in it..."
Blinked to Tymon before adding last words "
We should leave You and Helen, so You can celebrate together, with no more disturbance from our side"
At the end Walton gave a little bow towards Helen "
You shall be proud of Your knight, little sister. We all are."
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:49 pm

"
Well then, it seems I have my work cut out for me, enjoy your celebration Ser Tymon, you have earned it."
And with that Terren will bow and walk away.

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:31 pm

"
Perhaps taking to Lord Bartheld will give us a leg up on party decorations and such. I hear that there house is famous for them,"
Septon Arlyn replies with a wink, "
they might give us some good suggestions. Perhaps I can speak with him after the treaty assembly is completed. Also we should invite all of the houses that are under the kings banner, it would be a poor show of reconciliation of not even ask the houses that were sent to investigate could come together over foods and such, how could we expect these two houses who have been feuding for centuries to?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:43 pm

"
Naturally, Septon. Send message also to Lord Darry, it wouldn't be complete reconciliation, if he would be omited. Darries are great and old House, and Lord Darry seemed to be decent man during our visit there"
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:41 am

Ser Tymon clasped hands with Ser Walton and said "
It is a fortunate thing for a man to gain brothers such as yourself and Terren. I am honored that we can feast together and have both a celebration of today's events while also hopefully mending any rifts between Houses. There is nothing better than a few cups of wine and a fine feast to bring people together."

He then turned to Helen and said "
My lady, let me put my armor away and then we can take a walk and enjoy the day."
He hurried to his pavilion and took off his armor and put it away. He left his shield in his tent but ensured that he had his longsword with him in his scabbard to ensure Helen's protection. He then walked back to Helen and said "
My lady, shall we"
and they turned and began to walk away, deep in conversation and enjoying each others company.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next