Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another.

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another. Empty [D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another.

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Septon Arlyn wakes early in the morning, knowing that he is going to the warriors seat, he has some clean water drawn up and boiled, adding lavender and some other herbs to make a strong tea. As he sets about cleaning his tent from the scraps of paper and notes he has jotted down he hears the Tea begin to whistle the song of its people. He pulls out a clean washcloth and proceeds to bathe himself, taking pauses to drink the tea as well as adding some of the boiling tea water to the cold bucket to warm it up slightly. After he is done removing the near weeks worth of dirt and grime from his body he is much more pleased with himself. Cleanliness truly is of the gods, Won't it be nice to be back in the sept on the hearth were I can afford time for such amenities and out of this Gods Forsaken Valley of death. He looks through his robes, noting that nearly all of them are in need of serious repair or beyond saving. "
Well at least all these bandits have convinced me that I need a new wardrobe."
The Septon mumbles to himself. Gathering up his red robes, he notes a large dark stain from where he had bleed onto it. Looking at his Yellow robes he sees the mud and such as stained the lower extremities. Well if looks as if the gods have spoken. And he takes out his knife and cuts off the bottom of the robes as evenly as he can, then rolls up the bottom shreaded bit and quickly does a whip stitch around the bottom to prevent it from fraying. With his new found overcoat and red skit Septon Arlyn moves forward with meeting Ser Wyll, Hopefully Ser Wyll can shed some more light on this pennytree nightmare

[url=Initiative day 7 against Ser Wyll][/url]: 3d6 6
ID 9
Composure 12/12
frustrations 0/0
F/I/W : 0/0/0
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another. Empty Re: [D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another.

Post by Reader Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:13 pm

Ser Wyll was a religious man and seemed a decent sort and faced with a Septon he attempted to impress upon his guest his adherence to his knightly vows and honour.

Ser Wyll Bracken
ID 10
Composure 9/9
frustrations 0/0
Initiative: [url=status (reputation)][/url]: 5d6+1 21
Round 1: Shield of reputation: [url=status][/url]: 5d6+1 19
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another. Empty Re: [D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another.

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:04 pm

[D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another. Son_of_a_sun_by_rodg_art_d5a2u0c.jpg

"
Aye, Ser Wyll, you do justice to your knightly vows. I've heard many great things about you."
Septon Arlyn spoke soothingly to the young knight who cut a pleasing figure, his well maintain beard and hair cropped short in the style of many southern knight's, to stay out of the way and provide less purchase to grab onto is what Septon Arln thought he remembered hearing. Not as large nor imposing as his father, but neither a sickly nor thin man either. Septon Arlyn was impressed by the man. His family not so much, but I wonder how far the apple fell from the tree. If it made some distance it would be a true shame that Lady Sofia could not be married to him as part of the marriage treaty. Although I did speak favorably at her coronation of queen of love and beauty. It is a true thing that their was not a happy maid in the seven kingdoms. Pauses a moment, Nay, I bet it was a close second to the Lady Corrine in all actuality.

[url=Read Target vs Wyll bracken round one day 7 kings justice][/url]: 3d6 10

(I'll take that roll, I'm guessing I needed a 12 but at least it's not a critical failure :;
): . )
Initiative day 7 against Ser Wyll: 3d6 6
ID 9
Composure 12/12
frustrations 0/0
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:58 am

Ser Wyll Bracken
ID 10
Composure 9/9
frustrations 0/0
Septon's read target succeeds
Initiative: status (reputation): 5d6+1 21
Round 2: [url=read target][/url]: 3d6 5 - miserable failure
Round 3+: [url=Persuade (Convince)][/url]: 10#5d6k3 14 16 14 16 8 12 14 13 14 10
3 Damage per DoS.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:33 am

Round 3

"
Septon Arlyn, would you please assist us in determining the truth of what happened at the borderlands of House Darry, it was clearly within my rights to pursue them."
Ser Wylls words were lacking conviction and their force was lost.

convince round 3 0

"
As members of the Royal investigation party and a Septon of the Seven, I am bound to uphold the truth Ser Wyll, but I will take all matters into consideration when I make my report."
Septon Arlyn draws upon his reputation as a Septon to convince Ser Wyll of his commitments

[url=Shield of reputation][/url]: 4d6k3 17

Ser Wyll Bracken
ID 10
Composure 2/9
frustrations 3/3

DR amniable : 3

Septon Arlyn
ID 9
Composure 12/12
frustrations 0/0

Round 4

"
I respect your devotion to the Seven Septon, and to the truth. But their are many truths to be had, and if you could see things from the faithful of the Brackens, that would be for the best."
Ser Wyll once more attempts to convince the Septon to see the Brackens side more favorably

concive round 4

[url=round 4 Ser Wyll kings justice convince][/url]: 8d6k6+2 23

"
I'm not here about the borders of darry Ser, I want to know what happened at the village of pennytree, it appears to be that the brackens heavy cavalry attacked the caravans outside for profit, but the second attack raises some concerns that It might have been an attempted coverup. Do you know anyone who may have attempted to cover this attack up? Who in your household would benefit the most from the attacks not being linked to House Bracken, excluding yourself and your father of course"
Septon Arlyn hoped the weight of his words would finially reach some success if finding answers to the pennytree problem.

4x 3 dos= 12 - 4 dr = 8 - 2 = 0 composure remaining... (yield offers welcome Twisted Evil )

Ser Wyll Bracken
ID 10
Composure 2/9
frustrations 3/3

DR indifferent : 4

Septon Arlyn
ID 9
Composure 12/12
frustrations 0/0
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:45 pm

Ser Wyll's guilt and the charges laid bore him worse away at him.

"
I had not part in that, my second Ser Humphrey had the command that day. A talented man, but without the control of his troops for true leadership. He may have been able to restrain his men from such a rich target. What matter, Dorne has warred against the King in living memory and in the chaos of war they may not be entirely fair game, but nor are they truly protected non-combatants."

He whistles in frustration.

"
Still, a commander must be held to account for his men."

Charges that could be laid at my door to.

"
As for your darker concerns of corruption or cover-up, given the lowly status of Dornish merchants I cannot think of who would risk so much for such a lowly transgression, be it such at all. Mayhap someone keen for peace with Dorne? I am sorry Septon."

He shrugs apologetically.

[OOC: Ser Wyll is defeated.

He's talking about Ser Humphrey Piper, a household knight at the Warrior's seat [Status 3]]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:12 pm

"
Thank you for your honesty Ser Wyll, it is a true sign of your character that you have come forth with this. I promise I will speak of your cooperation to the other houses."
Septon Arlyn speaks soothingly to the knight. "
The Seven will smile kindly at at you for this."

Peace with Dorne? How could the attack on the village promote peace with the Dornish? Strange, and curious.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another. Empty [D7 MM] Ser Humphrey meets the Septon

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:29 am

"
Ser Humphrey,"
states Septon Arlyn as the man walks in. "
It is a pleasure to meet you."
The Septon declares coolly. "
Now, I have it on good authority that you were in charge of the Bracken's heavy Calvary on the day that the attack on the dornish caravans occurred. So..."
Septon Arlyn levels his gaze at the knight. "
Do you have any sins you need to bring before a Septon?"

[url=Intimidate Ser Humphrey day seven into confessing to the Penny Tree attacks][/url]: 6d6k5 23

(That should hopefully put this part of the matter to rest.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:30 am

Ser Wyll departed with a polite farewell, pleased to have made an impression on the holy Septon and keen to adhere to his oaths.

Some within the Warrior's Seat knew the answer to the Septon's unvoiced question, and the big-bellied servant of the gods had time to dwell on the problem as he waddled off.

[OOC: Warfare (tactics/strategy)/Cunning (logic) at TN 12 for an extra clue which I'll provide via PM, so beyond that it's /scene for Wyll]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another. Empty Re: [D7 MM] Ser Humphrey meets the Septon

Post by Reader Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:29 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:"
Ser Humphrey,"
states Septon Arlyn as the man walks in. "
It is a pleasure to meet you."
The Septon declares coolly. "
Now, I have it on good authority that you were in charge of the Bracken's heavy Calvary on the day that the attack on the dornish caravans occurred. So..."
Septon Arlyn levels his gaze at the knight. "
Do you have any sins you need to bring before a Septon?"

[url=Intimidate Ser Humphrey day seven into confessing to the Penny Tree attacks][/url]: 6d6k5 23

(That should hopefully put this part of the matter to rest.

A sorry tale and confession follows from the experienced but stammering Ser Humphrey, cowed by the fiery Septon. A feeble willed knight was no obstacle to a man who had once carried a whole Lordly caught before him with his rhetoric. His grey beard suddenly seemed a sad old thing rather than a mark of a distinguished veteran.

Ser Humphrey had been swept along by his men's enthusiasm and desire for loot, despite his better judgement. Better to be seen to lead rather than risk a mutiny and be thought an old useless thing. Would that he had Ser Damian's charisma. More tragically still, he had the capability to carry out the attack competently once his mind was made up that it was the lesser of two evils. He knows little beyond what is rumoured of the second attack and vehemently denies any part in it.

House Darry's master of arms, Ser Damian Piper would be greatly saddened when he learned of this, and curse himself for recommending his weak willed but bright older brother for service in this cursed region. His recent comrades in arms at House Coldbrook had taken part in the investigation, and he counted them men of honour and would trust in their approval of any sentence.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:52 pm

[url=Cunning check with bonus piety die peace with dorne? Day 7MM][/url]: 4d6 10
The matters of the day has distracted the Septon from mulling over the issue properly, leaving the clue forgetten in the sands of time.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:52 pm

Suddenly Septon Arlyn is startled from his revery buy a flash of golden curly hair out of the corner of his eye. could that be the lady of a dragon son? wonders Septon Arlyn. Curiosity peaked Septon Arlyn went forth to investigate.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:57 pm

Gwyn wasn't dallying as she wended her way along, but the rotund figure of the Septon was unmistakable even in her peripheral vision. A quick mental accounting of minutes was enough for her to decide this fortuitous meeting was worthy of spending some precious time on. She stopped and turned to face him directly, smiling in greeting.

"
Why Septon, it's been too long. How have you been?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:11 pm

"
It has been far too long my Lady Drakeson, "
best be formal so as not to offend. "
I've been better, after being attacked by bandits twice in less then one week one would think I would have leaned a lesson from those with more fighting experience them myself."
Septon Arlyn gives a smile at the blond. "
Plug them damnable investigations seem to be as clear as mud. I feel like I could have spent an entire year here and still turned up more information."
Septon Arlyn gives pause, "
I hear whispered sentiments here and their though, and we received confession about two of the crimes attributed to house Blackwood, and half of the Pennytree incident... But this other half has been causing me grief. Who is responsible for the second attack. My first thought was that it would be those same men seeking to cover up for their transgression, or perhaps someone else who had a vested interested in dorne, but so far evidence escapes me, and without a confession, all I have are my suspicions."
Comments Septon Arlyn, clearly eager to get that off his chest. Then he pauses, realizing who he is talking to."
I'm sorry my Lady, I guess some times simple questions can elicit unwarranted responses."
States Septon Arlyn bashfully
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Gwyn chuckled and waved the apology off. "
No need for that. We all have the same mandate after all, even if we pursue it in our own ways. Pennytree is an especially vexing puzzle. Twists within twists. Fortunately, Lord Drakeson has managed to find a witness close to it all who is willing to testify before us today. Of course, the implications of the testimony are troubling...but are also beyond the powers of our royal commission, I expect."

She tilted her head curiously as she regarded Arlyn, then asked, "
May I ask...what conclusions you've reached?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:11 am

"
Conclusions... is a strong word for what I have reached my Lady."
Septon Arlyn give a nervous smile and a half hearted shrug. "
But from the evidence we gathered a pennytree it appears that there were two attacks, but they were not arranged in the same way. There was strong cohesion in the first attack, but that same cohesion was not reported in the second one. This is what lead me to question Ser Wyl. But we will return to that."

"
Then I followed up on some testimony we received from a very credible witness, as well as testimony from someone who... lets just say honor and dedication are not strong points on this man, but his willingness to testify to the truth speaks well of him, was gathered up, and from there we found out that this man had overheard other bracken men bragging of conquests and spoils they had gained , of dornish variety. With both these witnesses we hit a dead end on gathering suitable material evidence, as one had already sold it on, and the other stated that the barracks had been wiped clean of any dornish goods."
Septon Arlyn is speaking with this hands, twirling them about quickly in front of his belly as he tells his tale, glimmer in his eye as he breaks down the story.

"
Then, on my way here to question these two people Ser Theomore was speaking with Ser Walton Dulver. Ser Garred summoned me and Ser Theomore discussed his involvement with a knight, from when he was a squire to the prince, who lead this band of mercenaries, but was afraid to mention any names for fear of retaliation."
Aye, even when pressed he did not relent, most curious, Septons eyebrows were raised at this detail. "
Now... this brings us into politics were I'm afraid your conclusions might be different from my own, but this is what I know..."

Septon Arlyn takes a deep breath, "
The war against Dorne did not go well for the Targaryens, and it was someone close to you's alleged father that might prefer the realm to forget about that little... situation..."
struggling for words Septon Arlyn continues. "
Of the investigating houses here, there are only two whom have close ties with Daemon Targaryen, thus only two who would benefit from greatly if the spread of the words *Dorne* in missives that are written in the treaty that will be spread about the kingdom were too... simply not happen."

Septon Arlyn looks straight into Lady Gwyn's eyes, "
We Dulvers have not made many friends here, as most assume that we are merely as green as the Lannisters became after Princess Reyna rejected Lord Jason Lannister last year, and the black presence is even stronger then the greens."
Septon Arlyn spoke in a matter of fact tone, not one seeking pity or full of accusation. "
What I did not realize how much these undercurrents where swirling about the proceedings here. That is until Terren made the suggestion to Lady Corrine to move Lord Blackwood to House Tully, for his own protection as well as to help prevent Little Lord Blackwood from developing resentments toward the Brackens and through that help ensure that the peace would last for longer then a generation."
Explained Septon Arlyn. "
Unfortuatnetly for the young Lord Terren, Lady Corrine..."
How should I phrase this?,"
well.. she had a rather undignified response to that suggestion, accusing us of trying to play politics in moving Lord Blackwood to a green house!"
Septon Arlyn exclaims. "
I also heard that she nearly killed her horse in eagerness to get to Ser Myles Blackwood and slander the Dulvers name, rather then work our a proposal that would benefit peace in this region."
Septon Arlyn shakes his head at the notion. "
Needless to say, I was not even thinking of the greens and blacks when Lord Terren made this suggestion, merely thinking of the Lord paramount and how he should be the one to ensure peace in this region, not a collection of houses that we are."
Septon Aryn scoffs at the idea that Lord Tully was not charged with these decisions. "
However, after that rude awakening I have had to look at things with fresh eyes. My eyes then saw how Dorne could be considered a stain on the reputation of Daemon, and how other houses might see that as a springboard for political flag waving."
States Septon Arlyn, barely managing to contain rolling his eyes at how ridiculous he thinks the whole politics of this situation were.

"
This brings me back to *who* ordered the second attack. I doubt that it was Lord Bracken, the man would more likely prefer to answer that charge with sword in hand and letting the gods decide, rather than risk complicated, rushed, maneuvering of many pieces. The second question becomes why, at first I thought it might be to cover up the first attack, but the evidence points to a rushed job, more likely to point to a bracken cover up then actually be one. Who would benefit the most from that though?"
letting the pieces fall together, "
...Someone who is close to the prince, someone who would want the prince's approval... possibly someone with a close connection to Lord Haig Bracken, or who is willing to jump to conclusions about political motives without checking their own motives at the door..."
Someone like your Lord Husband, Or Ser Theomore."
... but that is where I draw a blank, that list is small, but without any solid evidence it is pure conjecture on my part, and I am not going to make baseless accusations based off my personal feelings."
States Septon Arlyn firmly
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:48 am

Gwyneth listened attentively, and when the Septon's words finally ran dry, she managed a smile.

"
Well, I can see how your background assists you in this endeavor,"
she quips. "
Those long ceremonies and sermons septons are known for pale before your summaries of your investigations."

Her smile fades a little as she resumes the serious business at hand.

"
I shouldn't speak too much on the subject of Corrine, as she is her own woman and more than able to account for her actions if you were to speak with her...but I will tell you she has been under a great deal of strain, trying to keep all the loose ends of the investigations together, while dealing with all of our intemperate Houses and our various dealings. I'm sure she didn't mean any slander."

Her head tilts again, and she meets his gaze directly. "
So...you have a short list of suspects, but you're being very coy with it. Therefore my husband is clearly one...and I'd expect Theomore is the other since you're looking for people with ties to Prince Daemon. You've built a very interesting and elegant construct of logic...but like any such edifice, it depends on accurate first assumptions to lead you correctly."

"
In this case, one of your assumptions is false. The witness that will be testifying today is Lord Haigh Bracken. The Pennytree raids did indeed come in two stages. The first were unruly and undisciplined Bracken men, acting on their own to enrich themselves when a fat caravan happened by, and no one of rank was there to stop them. The second is more complex. Someone appears to have...impressed on Lord Bracken the need to cover the crime of his men up, rather than informing the investigators. This someone was successful in convincing him to stage another attack...and this someone supplied the men for it, and the actual orders, allowing Lord Bracken to remain without obvious ties."

"
The identity of this someone will be made clear soon, so for the purposes of not muddying the investigation and the debate, I think it may be best if I too play coy for the moment."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:19 am

ah... So they do suspect Ser Theomore, I wonder if that is why he has been gathering allies. Septon Arlyn thinks, so she knows I suspect her husband, but does she know of Lady Kerry's advances? Surely with his duality of bastardy and Targareon blood it is small wonder that he made the eight. His supposed sire is famous for his ways with women as well... Or should I say infamous.

"
I understand the need for secrecy, but there is one thing I forgot to mention on my tirade,"
Septon Arlyn smiles apologetically, "
there was a lot of information I was trying to relay, but when I questioned Ser Wyl about who had command of the heavy Calvary, it became apparent that Ser Piper was in charge of the Calvary that day, and through his inability to resist the pull of his men, he found himself organizing the attack against the caravan, which it was reported to me, that the attack was very organized, like the men were used to fighting in close formation, to better use the there horses,"
Septon Arlyn waves the thought away, "
such talk of tactics and warfare makes my head spin, in sorry my Lady. But he states that he had nothing to do with the second pennytree attacks, which is the one that vexes me sorely."

Septon Arlyn rubs his temples with one hand, like he was trying to jog since memory. "
Did you at least get the name of the mercenary company from Lord Haig?"
He finally asked after a moment of contemplation. "
It is well and good you have a confession, but I feel that we are dealing with politics now, and that may go over our head quickly. If we could at least get a name, maybe of Lord Haig's contact with the company? If it is just Lord Haig's words against this mystery knight."
she is most likely thinking Ser Theomore, "
then you must make sure there is solid proof. If you could get the testimony of that man, or the leader of this mercenary company, and their stories corroborate, then it is no longer one man's word against the other. "
and if this man is half as good as I think he is, then he will have tons of plausible deniability to cast Lord Bracken's word into doubt. Seven Hells, even myself can think of Lord Drakeson and Lord Haig manufacturing this story together to keep them both out of hot water. It is well known that Lord Haig views him as a son, and this lie could be one pressed for from that friendship.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:33 am

"
Mmm, as I said, the soldiers were procured and hired without his direct involvement,"
Gwyn reminds Arlyn. "
So he wasn't much help there. I haven't been personally following up on the Pennytree matter, so that's the extent of what I know. I'll bring up the question of the soldiers though, when I see the others next. While I think Lord Bracken's words will carry weight, you make some good points."

She considers, then adds, "
I'd like to find the truth of the matter out as much as it seems you would...but for the purposes of the treaty, the only matter needing resolution was the extent of the Bracken's involvement, unfortunately. We're not here to put anyone else on trial. That said, nothing prevents us from following up using our own resources and time. It might be fruitful to cooperate on that matter in the future...as it sounds as if you've found a few leads. Yes?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:53 am

"
Actually the leads I have found are that there is not leads."
Septon Arlyn gives a crooked smile, "
Which is just as concerning honestly. What that tells me is that leads have been silenced, or are too afraid to talk. My sources are usually very good, but for some reason the well of information I keep putting my bucket down keeps coming up dry. Although to follow up on some trajectory Ser theomore believes that they headed to madienpool to off load themselves of their ill gotten goods, or at least the ones that were not recovered. He also mentioned that they could make more money working as sell swords then as mere bandits. This leads me to believe that this company is well organized, possibly with second or third sons making up the core of its force if they could demand such pay. So any hints or whispers of mercenary companies heavy with coin coming from an area light of conflict should raise suspicions... I do not know how well organized your contacts are but it might be worth passing this information on to Nathan Manson, He has quiet the soft spot for the small folk,"
and a pointed opinion of those who commit banditry, "
So he might be of more assistance in this matter."
replies Septon Arlyn.

(OOC, do you want to give me an assist so that I can try and get to 12 and get that additional information?)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:26 pm

"
He's been busy with Blackbuckle of late, but from what I've heard he's very motivated in such matters,"
Gwyn comments. "
And truthfully it sounds to me as if you've been pursuing the sellswords more assiduously than any of the Coldbrooks have had time to do. Perhaps you and I can compare notes once I've had a chance to catch up, and see if any patterns emerge. I would very much like to see some substantial evidence arise on this matter."

(Gwyn will assist in this investigation, on the condition that she has full access to its results. Smile )
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:34 pm

"
Of course my Lady "
replies Septon Arlyn feeling slightly relived, "
let's work together on this, for too long has this investigation split our houses when we should be working together in consort. Our houses are not the ones who committed these crimes, let's see if we can find some justice for the small folk this day"

(Septon Arlyn accepts that condition. Assuming you have 4 cunning we should be golden Very Happy )
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:39 pm

(OOC - She does. Smile )
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:06 pm

"
What if... Lady Gwyn, I think you are quite correct. This is troubling indeed. Especially with the pleas about the treaty"
the dornish shall remain out of the treaty, for further mentions are likely to only increase hostilities, maybe even cause them to declare war. "
I know it is for peace that we must leave that mention out. But what if Ser Theomore is being manipulated? Sure he sacrificed all those small folk, but it might not have been his idea. What if he is being pushed by someone more powerful or deceptive?"
could it be the prince himself causing Ser Theomore to act so recklessly. Maybe prince Daemon is using him to cover up for his own involvement, sending him to get close to greens and find out their plans, only to feed that information back to the prince. "
my Lady Gwyn, I fear we may have found a bees nest. We must approach carefully if we want to harvest the honey without getting stung."
Septon Arlyn had a curious look on his face, almost two parts apprehension while at the same time one part excitement.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:15 pm

"
His behavior of late does seem a little out of character,"
Gwyn allows thoughtfully. "
Though perhaps not in the way you mean. I got to know him passingly well while I was at Mountain's Reach. I know he is capable of great subtlety...which he has used in the past to protect Dunstan and further Tullison's interests. But these new actions seem entirely unconnected with either."

She glances at the Septon. "
But he has recently been seen visiting the Tullys, in Riverrun, uncommonly often. Normally I'd place them at opposite ends of the political spectrum, but if the Tullys had something on him..."

Gwyn shrugs at that. "
I suppose it's all speculation at this point, but covering up the first Pennytree attack could have been with the aim of shielding Lord Bracken from having to deal with the humiliation and reprisals his men's actions would bring. And while Theomore would normally have no motivation to help him, if he were compromised somehow by the Tullys, it could explain things...as well as his astute hand in concealing his own involvement."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next