Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another.

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another. - Page 2 Empty Re: [D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another.

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:26 pm

"
I've not heard those rumors. Although I have heard of him making frequent visits to Forest Frey as well, as well as courting Lady Floreta to gain Benjen's recently vacated lands."
Lady Gwyn could easily note the Septon's lack of title or last name puts the Septon's opinion of the deceased knight as low. "
He appears to have spent time with both sides of the spectrum."
I wonder what he is playing at?
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another. - Page 2 Empty Re: [D7 MM] Ser Wyll, you have another.

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:32 pm

Gwyn spreads her hands. "
I've few answers so far. I've only just recently learned the correct questions. In the interim though, I'd be very careful about trusting anything he says. I can say with some experience, he's extremely skilled at the art of insinuation, and subtle deceptions such as partial truths, and guided assumptions. Until his purpose is known...and that may never happen...we'll never be sure we're not playing into some scheme of his."

She pauses and regards the Septon with new curiosity. "
Which makes me wonder, in fact...has he been up to anything lately you're aware of? It would almost certainly seem innocent, or even noble I imagine."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:39 pm

Most recently it would be about leaving the dornish merchants from the treaty and replacing it with the word merchants. "
Septon Arlyn opens his hands, "
as I spoke to earlier he is saying it would be to prevent further hostilities from escalating with the dornish, and it seems that including such things would only antagonize them. No one wants to see a flare up with them, as it may place the whole realm at war. Besides that I know he has spoken with Luecian and Ser Walton, but I assume it was mere pleasantries as they were waiting for for me to arrive. "
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:44 pm

"
Dangerous assumptions in these times,"
Gwyn muses. "
Lucian. Lucian..."
she thinks, then brightens. "
The archer with Corrine? They killed the shadowcats? Hm, interesting choice. I'll have to see if I can track down what they spoke of."

She looks back at Arlyn. "
Anything else? Even small things can lead to answers sometimes."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:46 pm

Septon Arlyn wracks his brain, "
Nothing* else I can think of"
The Septon replies regretfully
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:27 pm

Gwyn came forward a step and patted the Septon's shoulder reassuringly.

"
Well, should you hear anything, perhaps even from someone else speaking to you, let me know. It may take two of us to make up for all the time we were deceived into trusting him. And should I hear anything about this, I will do the same for you."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:00 pm

"
Thank you Lady Gwyn, "
replies Septon Arlyn. Then taking a moment he says, "
your Lord husband. He is a true knight, but I fear that sometimes his temper and rash actions, while nobly intended, may have far flung and reaching consequences that are unseen by both himself and those around him. Meanwhile you seem to be more mild mannered and even handed... I know this might sound strange, coming from a green and all, but could you perhaps speak with him about the value of patience?"
Asks Septon Arlyn. "
Maybe even speak for him in the instances where a women's kind words might reach the bottom of the situation with peace, rather then the rattle of sabers?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:23 pm

Gwyneth chuckled at that. "
Oh, we've already had discussions, believe me. In his defense, there were considerations in the matter with Athelsten that weren't broadly well known...he had some reasons to act aggressively. That said, what happened was a tragedy and with the benefit of hindsight it's easy to see how he might have acted differently."

Her smile faded a little as she sighed. "
I won't deny he can be hot blooded, but it wasn't anger that drove him in this. He only sought not to give the kinslayer a chance to lash out at Corrine, or make good an escape. In his eagerness perhaps he went too far. Certainly it looks that way now. We'll never know what we would have seen had he given Athelsten more of an opportunity."

She shrugs.

"
But yes, we've spoken at length. And productively, I think. Unlike many lords, he is inclined to listen to his wife's words."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:42 pm

"
Yes, that incident was very unfortunate. I only wish we could have arrived moments earlier to try and help calm the tensions that had arisen. But as you say, hindsight paints the clearest picture and I only wish I had spoken more at length about how troubled the kinslayer was by his actions. A regretful man to be sure, and fill of remorse. Perhaps his parentage and feelings about killing his brother lead him to take that fatal leap."
although the final push may have come from whom presented the accusations, "
I only wish for this unpleasantness to be over with, I pity those whom were chosen as tribunal. A difficult task has been provided for them, and answers will likely be hard to find, if penny trees any thing to go by. I also don't doubt that whatever verdict is reached will still cause ripples. "

The Septon laughs sadly, "
it seems ask the more now people are clambering to one side of the debate or the other. My fear is that it will be the small folk who suffer the most, for in the game of cravyse it is always the pawns whom get sacrificed for more powerful. I just hope that none of our investigating houses become pawns for more powerful players, just as I hope that the small folk aren't used in the knights game of war."
sadly I doubt either option is likely to be seen through.

In a sudden change of pace the Septon asks, "
last year, at the tournament of riverrun, I had a nightmare... It was of dragons. It seemed that everyone has similar tale. Did you experience that as well my Lady?"
Asks Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:48 pm

Gwyn lifts her eyebrows questioningly. "
A dream of dragons? No, I can't say that I did. There was a night I had restless sleep...but it wasn't dragons that troubled me. I dreamed..."
she frowns a little as she tried to remember. "
...there was a mountain. I was trapped... There was more, but it's been quite some time. Perhaps an avalanche..."

"
My apologies, Septon. I rarely spend much time thinking about dreams."
She smiled.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:04 am

Septon Arlyn smiles, "
then perhaps it was nothing. I just remember the feel of its hot breath,"
Septon Arlyn shutters, "
I feel sorry for those small folk whom were sacrificed, but I fear for Ser Walton. His words are harsh and I am afraid if he speaks to the wrong people that way, he may end up as food for the dragon."
if Ser Theomore were to share what he said..., "
I'm sorry my Lady, that you for entertaining the ramblings of a tired Septon, "
he gives a weary smile. "
I hope that we are able to find peace. I know at the beginning of this investigation both Lady Corinne and I wanted both justice and peace when we spoke at the Sept at battle valley. I feel that we may have diverged some time during the investigation, and I hope that I did not ruin our chance at friendship. She seems to have changed from the giggling girl I spoke to at the Sept in riverrun, worried about her soon to be husband and the colors of her wedding dress, to some thing harder. Like iron, or steel, "
or granite. "
hopefully being on charge of this investigating houses, or herd of cats if you prefer, has not soured her on the idea of working with other houses. For if that is the case, and this investigation was set up so sow discontent and hard feelings between so called "
green and black"
houses, then I think that have succeeded spectacularly"
assessed Septon Arlyn, rubbing his palms together against a sudden cold.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:15 am

"
Ser Walton Dulver,"
Gwyn muses, then shrugs. "
He has little left to fear from the literal dragon. The Prince will be leaving soon, I'm led to understand."
An impish smirk crosses her lips. "
He would do better to mind Lady Marsten. As you say, her time ruling her realm has hardened her a bit. It is inevitable that it be so...and for the better, I think, so long as she takes care to make that hardening just a shell, rather than turning entirely to stone."

Like her mother.

"
I don't think this was specifically arranged to sow discontent,"
she goes on, "
it's more likely that one person said 'these' Houses should go, and then someone else said, 'well that's not good, they're all Black, or Green. If they're going, then so are 'these.' And once the sides were equally disagreeable to all, they were able to agree."
Her smile takes on an edge. "
And we were left to deal with the results."

"
Or maybe it was more purposeful. Testing the waters. Who can say? I'm afraid the machinations of those in King's Landing are far above my own head."

Gwyn smiles apologetically. "
I'll be satisfied if we can just all get through it without any more unfortunate incidents."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:41 am

it is not Vhagar who concerns me thinks Septon Arlyn. "
Aye we might be left to deal with the results, and so far we have done a right good job of bumbling things up.I bet things could have been much worse though if not for the dedication towards peace that has been shown by the Royal investigators here. "
Septon Arlyn gives a small sigh then a slight smile causing his full lips to sperate slightly.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2