Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The reckoning (D7 MM Closed)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The reckoning (D7 MM Closed) Empty The reckoning (D7 MM Closed)

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:31 pm

Having cleansed himself by the fire for the day, Yoren dons his armor, in meeting with a martial tradition he'll show his martial side as well. He moves to the garden at a steady speed. Here he intends to meet the solution to all of his problems.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

The reckoning (D7 MM Closed) Empty Re: The reckoning (D7 MM Closed)

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:41 pm

Ser Walton Dulver and Ser Garred Mountfort were directed to the garden, where Yoren was awaiting. Both Dulvers seemed pretty much used by previous days with their dusty armours and covered in mud high riding shoes. Also their faces were marked with furrows. Garred's face was hidden under his usual beard, but Walton's thick stubble was evidence of last few busy days. Ser Walton nodded in greeting

"
Lord Longshore."

But Ser Garred, who was more direct and less used to good manners and titles, smiled widely.

"
Yoren."

Heir of Dulvers didn't pay attention to loose behaviour of his guard's captain, so he just added

"
You wanted to see me, Longshore?"
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:01 pm

Yoren smiles to Garred: "
Good to see you too, glad to see that you are well."
Before he turns to Walton: "
Lord Dulver, let me express my gratitude for you showing up."

After a few pleasantries he turns to the matter at hand: "
I'm sure that you are aware of the tribunal that was set down. I was approached by Ser Theomore Tullyson a few days ago, and what seemed to be an honest tribunal turned out to be a sham. The knights that are to judge Baelon, who killed my brother, is former aquintances of his. One is a house knight of Baelons liegelord and one is a friend of his from his days at Hearthshorn."

Yoren pauses to let the information sink in before he continues: "
Me and a few others have tried to stop this mock tribunal, by attempting to send him to be judged by the lord Paramount of these areas. However, here is where I will need you: Baelon is a good fighter, he can simply ask for trial by combat and be certain of victory, he will be walking free regardless of his crimes. However, you have a reputation as a briliant knight. I've heard that you felled The ferocious frey with a single swipe of your blade, I'm sure that you can best him in a trial. I ask you for your help, are you willing to help me?"

As an after though Yoren adds: "
Although the tribunal was rigged, I don't think Lady Corrine did it out of malicious intent, she was simply tricked by Baelon. He is unfortunately a friend of hers, and although well meaning, she might be a bit too naive."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:40 pm

"
That's why women shouldn't push among the men..."
Walton summed up shortly.

"
Tell something more about Baelon, please. I believe, You might have already seen that man in combat. But I'm favorable to aid in that case. Ser Theomore and You, Lord Yoren, seem to be worthy and just men. That's enough to pull out sword out of scabbard for a good cause..."
Ser Walton smiled approvingly. "
But first tell me more what I may stand against, Longshore..."
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:02 pm

"
She has much to learn, that's true, so forgive her, she's just a bit hot headed, with nobody to properly admonish her, she will hopefully learn soon enough."

"
Baelon is smaller than you are, and you are stronger than he is, but he is devilishly swift. I saw him in the melee amd he is also cunning like a fox. There was a man, Greysteel, at the melee. When he fought Baelon simply stood in the background, waiting for the better fighters to exhaust themselves before he headed in at full strength against the weakened last man standing. From what I have heard of you you are amuch better fighter, but you need to be wary of his speed amd of his cunning. He might try to fool you before the proper fight has started."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:44 am

Walton was listening in silence. Even when Yoren finished, he didn't say anything for a while.

"
Fine, Yoren. I agree to be Your strong arm of justice. Or vengeance- I don't care which one. But I also have one concern: if tribunal is a joke, wouldn't it be easier for Baelon to not risk in fight? If he may just walk away unguilty, or being named guilty, but without serious punishment?'

Walton watched Yoren carefully, he was obviously curious about the answed.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:33 pm

"
I have talked to Jasper Wylde, the master of law, and he will try to overturn the mock tribunal. He will try to send Baelon to recieve proper justice at Riverrun, outside of the tribunals authority. Hopefully the tribunal won't have a say in the matter. At Riverrun is when I will need you to be there, to ensure that he gets his proper punishment."

"
I thank you for your help. You were yourself present to see Baelons misdeeds, you know how important justice is. My brother, Athelstan, left a suit of highest quality plate armor- perhaps you could see if it fits you? He was smaller, but perhaps we can widen the straps to make it fit regardless?"

After a bit of hesitation Yoren adds: "
Perhaps it is best to keep this conversation between us for the moment? If he gets to know who will face him, then there's no telling what he will decide to do... Best to keep quiet until Riverrun, so that he is unaware that you will be the champion of justice..."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:15 pm

Walton nodded with gratitude.

"
It would be an honor to wear such great armour, Yoren, especially that it previously belonged to man, You loved as a brother. Due to Your brother- reputation is nothing, as we can see, as it's judged and named by people. Please know, that House Dulver is sorry for Your loss, Longshore. With pleasure I will attend at Riverrun and do the right thing, Lord Yoren."

Walton's smile was honest, his words also.

"
I never used to talk about interests of others, so fear not that this conversation will leave this place. You can also trust Ser Mountfort- Garred is loyal servant of our House. Is there something else You would like to talk through with House Dulver, Lord Yoren?"
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:01 pm

"
I borrowed money from your house when I first came to Westeros, and I'd like to say that I can repay it probably next month, not in two years as we agreed upon, so you might find that your coffers might get a boon shortly. I wish to express my gratitude for your services, and I hope to be able to return the favour in the future. Are you ready to vote over the punishments tomorrow? It will be a lot to go through in a short time."

Yoren nods to the two smilingly as he asks: "
My brother in law has made some great Cider, would you like some? Perhaps Garred would like to share some of his stories with us?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:29 pm

Walton waved with his hand bored

"
We appreciate the hurry with repayment, but Dulvers are rich House, we don't count money lastly"

Walton summed it up with blink of his eye.

'And the punishments... If we are going to talk about them, Cider is great idea, indeed"

Garred only took off his gloves and rubbed his hands in response. Walton continued.

"
With what's happening around Brackens and Blackwoods conflict, I'm afraid that we will never be ready, even if our grandsons would be the ones, who should announce the verdict. I'm really looking forward to end of it. Anyway, we had some fruitful investigations. We could wish for something more, but what can we do?"

Ser Garred joined the talk

"
At least we were not sitting on our asses. It was also good time to learn a thing or two. I am man of sword, Yoren, missions like this one, with all it's fighting and battles is something what I live for. But even I think that all that bloodshed went out of control... Those battles and everything... I don't think that Brackens and Blackwoods could spit to the ground in whole generation as much blood as we did during this week..."
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:58 pm

"
Yes, I look forward to being off duty here, I want to go back to my lands and do things that properly helps people. I have seen that many houses have started to train up a bigger army, and something seems afoot, how are you Dulvers preparing? Have you started increasing your armies for what might come? Given what happened here I would like to be prepared, my smallfolk shall not be suffering the same fate as those here, I refuse to let that happen..."

"
I think we should be harsh. Kill most of them, although we should give them an option to take the black instead. Many lords punish their people too harshly, only fair if we let the lords live up to that standard too, kill the worst ones and show that the kings laws are to be adhered to."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Walton was surprised, by what Yoren said, but didn't look to be pushed by his words

"
Well, those are big words, Yoren. It may be good way to give peace to valley, but do You think others will agree with that? We will discuss among lords and highly born men and women. Drastical methods may be precedent, if anyone would be judged in future... Even in battle they don't want to kill each other, because they are not common men..."

Walton snorted with disgust.

"
But You may be right, Longshore. Moving them away from those lands, by any way, may be the most reasonable thing to do... Our words are backed up by Royal banner, but do You think other investigators will agree on that?"

Walton came back to first question then.

"
Well, Dulvers are on good way to military improvement. Last few months we had to focus rather on reorganization of it, but now we can finally focus on improving the numbers. Dulvers aren't great house, at least not yet. Military power is needed to push our claims and let us be not pushed by others, who are only waiting for moment to put their hands on our mines and wealth... But in Stony Heath we live our lifes, Yoren. We want to improve on all fields. But when our liege will tell us to march, we will march..."
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:29 pm

"
I do not know what they think, or what they will do."
Yoren seems frustrated: "
It would be much easier if it was like a battle, one man leading, the rest simply following the leader, but alas, everybody thinks that their opinion is the right one."

"
Focus on your military, when you see battle you want troops of high quality and experience next to you. Better trained men makes up for lesser numbers, which will allow you to field less men. We are preparing for war too, but the progress is slow, there is so much needed to be able to field a proper army."

Yoren looks at Garred: "
You have a commander to lead you in battle at the very least. I almost look forward to fight next to you, just to b be able to learn from the best."
Yoren nods to Garred to acknowledge his compliment.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:26 pm

Garred laughed "
Only Stranger knows why Good King requested us to make verdict, instead of doing that by himself or by Lord Tully! Competent or not, those are his lands and his interestes, right? United army could clean area up as we did, investigate, as we did, but why the hell vote now? With so many votes, it will come out that some of those summbags are maybe or only little guilty... Hang them on trees along the road from Raventree Hall to Warrior's Seat, You will see royal peace then!"
To sum his strong words, Garred took big sip of cider, but his hands were shaking so hard because of nerves, that he spit some on his beard. Anyway, in appreciation of cider's quality, he saluted with his cup to host.

"
I must admit, that Garred's words have some sense, even if were ungently put together"
Walton's sight was tired. "
Anyway Longshore, what You say, we plan to do- as You mentioned, we have skilled commander, who can train our men very well."
Garred snorted hearing word skilled, but Walton ignored that. "
Dark times are coming, we are aware of that. We will be ready when they come. What about House Longshore? It's not possible to overlook forces Longshores brought to royal investigation, with all due respect"
Walton saluted with cider. "
We can travel together on our way back to our lands, Longshore- we both go west, I believe. In company would be safer and merrier."
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:39 pm

Yoren nods at Garreds words: "
However the people who ordered the killings should not have the luxury of a hanging. We should shackle them and leave them by the roads to starve, we need to show that the peace will be kept."

"
I'd be glad to have company on my way home. I was trying not to step on anybodys toes, that was why I left my troops behind, but in hindsight I see my mistake. Might makes right, the saying goes. Given the option people have of trial by combat it seems our laws agree."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:50 pm

Ser Garred smile was nasty "
Well, when You are captain of guard for twenty years, You learn how to hang people right way. Leave it to me, I guarantee that they will last for long and will beg for it's end"
clasped in his hands unable to wait.

Ser Walton nodded to Yoren's last words "
It would be pleasure to travel with You."
Taking a sip to give himself short moment to get his thoguhts together, he continued.

"
Changing subject, Ser Theomore Tullison mentioned that You went together to sellswords' camp some days ago. And that those sellswords are with all probability the ones, who are guilty for attack on Pennytree withing last few days... Could You tell us something more, please? Ser Theomore, with all respect we have to him, because of fear, shared with us only minimum of information... We do not want to pursue any rights or movements in sellswords' case at once, but if question was asked, we would like to at least know the answer for it. And what we will do with it... Well, it depends from the answer, Yoren..."

Last edited by 179 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Yoren shakes his head slightly: "
I doubt that they will do proper punishments, they are not able to see the importance of strength. They fail to see that their meekness only leads to more pain."

Yoren shakes his head again, as he tells them. "
You must have been misunderstanding something. I never went to a mercemary camp with Theomore. If there are sellswords in the area we should perhaps pay them a visit?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:37 pm

[Clarification note: Theomore never said anything of the sort, he said he told the Longshores where the sellsword camp was and that they investigated the place.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:49 pm

[OOC:Sorry, misunderstood Very Happy ]

Ser Walton bowed slightly in apology "
I had to misunderstood then, excuse me my mistake"

Ser Garred was dauntless on Yoren's words about punishments, just waved with his hand away "
Well, what I learned in my long life, Yoren: dealing with low-born, You must use fear of pain or death, so other will not lean towards crime. But when You deal with highly-born, situation gets trickier: some people may remember criminalist's status, not his crime... But there is way to deal with that: You must degrade highly-born man to low-born!"
Garred was proud of his words, saluting with cider before adding "
Great drink, Longshore. "
If You want people to stay clean as whistle, You must punish harsh. But just, of course! And mentioning harsh, where would You put in hierarchy someone, who deals his problems with assassination? And betrayal? We are dealing with swamp, my Lord, and only way to clean the area, is to pour bad blood out, I'd say."

Walton only added "
What's the difference, who pulled the string or who assassinated, is he noble man, or is he simple scum? Some things are acceptable in art of War, but way too much what's happened here doesn't have any connection to warfare, and I believe, that those should be punished with maximum of harshness, as an example for others."
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:20 am

"
There is too many that wants to let them off to the wall, or let them go with a mere fine. We need to be honest with ourselves, the others will not have us give proper punishment, they'd rather just punish the house as a whole and let the bad blood stay. Leeching the bad blood is needed to make progress here, but we have to be satisfied with what we can get."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:20 pm

"
Being indulgent may give them satisfaction now, but will also make them pay in future."
Summed up Garred.

"
Is there something else, what would You like to discuss, Lord Yoren?"
asked Walton
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:30 pm

Yoren shrugs as he adds: "
Few men knows fully what the future brings, and those that do are too mad to speak in any form of coherency. Perhaps it will make them pay, perhaps others will pay for them, who knows?"

"
I do have one question: What is your plans after all this? How will you prepare for the storm that might come?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:42 pm

Walton smiled in response "
Train myself and train our people. I was thinking about visiting Casterly Rock and maybe Lannisport in nearest future, where seek the best things in Westeros, if not over there? Also now visit to Riverrun appeared as a must- like we spoke. Hopefully I will have luck of not falling into Ser Eoric after yesterday, over there..."
he rubbed his stubble with mocking smile. "
But I didn't make specific plans, yet. We only know, that we must keep earning and build our army up- first will let us improve everything what we may need, and second is quite obvious in those times. Gold and swords...What about You, Longshore?"
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:58 pm

Yoren hesitates before speaking: "
Seems like good enough plans, however I hope you can make some time to come to a tournament. It is no big arrangement, but my sister is getting wed, and I'd like to invite you there."

Yoren turns to Garred adding: "
You too are also invited."

"
For myself, I will simply be doing my mandatory tasks, arranging a marriage, I'll have to pay my liege lord a visit. I will have to pay kings landing a visit. Further than that I haven't thought of yet."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:09 pm

"
With pleasure I will come to wedding, Yoren. I usually don't fight in tournaments though, but with pleasure I will participate in that happy day of Your House, Longshore. Who is she marrying, if I may ask?"
Walton was very glad for invitation.

Garred saluted and took big sip when Yoren mentioned about wedding. "
It would be great honor for us, Yoren"
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next