Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7, MA] Forming The Treaty (Open)

+13
Septon Arlyn
Reader
Baelon Drakeson
Loreia
Samurel Manderly
Daveth Coldbrook
Benedict Marsten
Kevan Lyras
Theomore Tullison
Davain Bartheld
Ser Walton Dulver
Yoren longshore
Lady Corrine Marsten
17 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

[D7, MA] Forming The Treaty (Open) - Page 7 Empty Re: [D7, MA] Forming The Treaty (Open)

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:17 pm

[Push, push, push to closure....]

After some more debate that seems not to amount to anything, Theomore again takes the word.

"
So following the precedent concerning Ser Tyron and the salted fields, I should think it applicable to the Iron Mines and the Darry situation as well, though the Bracken involvement in the latter cannot be said to be the work of a single person, but rather the entire house, so directly comparable measures will be difficult."
A pause, to reread the note he had scribbled down.

"
For the first part, I suggest that Ser Frank Mooton's punishment shall mirror that of Ser Tyron, 15 years of exile to Essos."

"
Secondly, it is my suggestion that House Bracken is to pay for the restoration of the damage done to the lands of House Darry, and an equal sum to the crown to compensate for the loss of taxation the incursion caused. Within a reasonable amount of time, of course. If for the sake of balance, Ser Tyron's exile ought to be extended, then so be it, though the inclusion of his son as ward would serve as a mitigating factor in the calculations, I should say. This way, we put the lords of the realm at ease in so far as breaching the domain of another is concerned, while subtly showing Lord Joffrey that we find his efforts of protecting his lands to be lacking without giving insult. I imagine he will get the point when we divide what he thinks his rightful due between him and the crown"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D7, MA] Forming The Treaty (Open) - Page 7 Empty Re: [D7, MA] Forming The Treaty (Open)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm

"
All in favour of this proposal, say Aye,"
Corrine calmly commands.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:57 pm

"
Aye,"
states Septon Arlyn.

seems fair enough.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:43 pm

Ser Frank Mooton. Just a household knight, so probably nothing nefarious there, so the trick must be in his other hand. So, the Darry situation? But what if that's what he wants us to think? Or, what if they're *both* tricks? Maybe I should push for House Darry to receive full compensation? But do I actually want to *succeed* there? Or should I wait until the measure is sure to pass, then place a token vote against it?

Gah! If I could see *how* Ser Theomore intended to use that idea for malevolent ends, I might be willing to consider maybe, perhaps, vaguely implying not voting against it. Come on, Daveth, think! What's hidden in that proposal that he can use to cause pain and suffering?

Wrapped up in his thoughts, Daveth still pays enough attention to the world around him to note how others are voting.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:55 pm

"
Aye to Ser Frank Mooton being excile. Nah to House Bracken being solely responsible to cover the damages."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:54 pm

"
House Blackwood is already receiving more punishment than House Bracken,"
Corrine intones. "
Let us not tip the scales further. We value peace, as well as justice."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:09 pm

"
Forgive me if I am mistaken, but is House Blackwood not at fault too for destruction of House Darry lands? If so, they should be held just as accountable for their actions as House Bracken is for theirs. It is not just to absolve House Blackwood of any burden of punishment simply because they have already been punished for unrelated crimes."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:44 am

"
The reparations already agreed upon are, in part, resultant from both Houses' culpability in failing to respect the Darry boundaries. Both Houses are paying like for like, as penance for the destruction they have caused to their neighbours. No further financial punishment is necessary,"
Corrine states, a weariness creeping into her tone.

"
Now, if we might have the remaining votes on the previous proposal?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:17 pm

"
Lord Davain, it has been established that Ser Tyron Blackwood is responsible for the incursion of Blackwood troops into the Darry lands, without the sanction of Lord Bryan or Ser Myles, thus it would not be prudent to punish his house for his action, a precedent we have followed regarding the salting of Bracken fields, the assassination of Lord Blackwood, the raids of Pennytree and the poisoning of Blackbuckle. Though additional punishment, such as a longer exile, for Ser Tyron, is a matter we certainly can discuss."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:23 pm

"
Frank Mooton is merely a man at arms, no large conspirator. nay to both."
Yoren tells them his vote

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:56 pm

"
Did the King order us to only bring 'great conspirators' to justice? Either he is guilty or he is not. Ser Humphrey was no great conspirator, yet he has been sentenced to death."

I agree with you about Darry, however - I still believe that Lord Darry was complicit - if not welcoming - of the Blackwood troops. Even if he could not drive them out militarily, he could have written to Lord Bryan to demand that the troops be removed. Yet, he did not."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7