Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good steel does most harm (EA D7 closed)

2 posters

Go down

Good steel does most harm (EA D7 closed) Empty Good steel does most harm (EA D7 closed)

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:10 pm

Yoren, a firm believer in fire and thinking of himself as quite the patron of art, held blacksmithing in high regard. This, combined with a good first impression of Davain from the year before, made him quite happy to see Davain again in this desolate land.
Yoren reaches out his hand as he approaches: "
Davain! I heard that things worked out for you in the end. Do you have time for a talk?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Good steel does most harm (EA D7 closed) Empty Re: Good steel does most harm (EA D7 closed)

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:43 pm

Davain was surprised to see Yoren out in the borderlands as he was out surveying the lands. "
Yoren, a pleasure to see you again"
he said as he clasped Yoren's hand. “I do have time to speak with you, how has House Longshore faired since we last met."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Good steel does most harm (EA D7 closed) Empty Re: Good steel does most harm (EA D7 closed)

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:54 pm

"
We have done much good since we last spoke. My sister is to get married soon, you are of course invited, and my father shows the meaning of the word tenacity. Obviously the debacles here has been big, but I live to rectify what's gone wrong."
Yoren babbles a bit before suddenly asking: "
I suppose you don't have much time to smith these days? Being a lord must be hard... Have you managed to rein in the... festivities of your house?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:59 am

"
Yes I have heard of your sister's marriage. Lord Ereth already invited me and of course I will be attending. Smiting has taken a back seat for my duties of a Lord take precedence. While I have scaled back the frequency and grandeur of the festivities, I do play the necessary part of a gracious host. Most people mistake my intentions with my houses parties as that of wishing to see them end, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. I understand that parties are a necessity, I simply wish for my house to be known as for something more than a good time."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:24 pm

"
Having more baskets to put your eggs in are most likely a very good idea. Being too dependent upon one facet of the house is most unwise indeed. A wedding of Longshores would probably be nothing but an average friday for your house, but I hope we can please you nevertheless. Are you a martial man? We did intend to do a joust at the wedding too. Will you parttake?"

Yoren smiles to Davain before asking: "
Have you received the summon from Corrine? It seems that she wants us all to travel to her later... Hopefully she has managed to make everything ready for votes."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:03 am

“I am sure your wedding would be a success. I heard about the tournament that would be in conjunction with the wedding, but I will abstain from it. Simply because when I fight a man for real, I don't want him to know what I can do. As for martial prowess, how would you like to join me in an expedition to the Stepstones in the coming months? I have receive information of an artifact located on one of the islands. I only have interest in the artifact and I am willing to let all the other member split whatever other treasures we might find."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:20 am

"
That's prudent, however it might be better to let your skills work as a deterrent. People are not likely to attack you if you are known for your martial prowess."

"
Stepstones? What do you intend to find there? I must say that I have a love for travels, so I'd be interested in coming. However, my skills with a blade is sorely lacking. I do have a knowledge of all the languages there, and would be happy to come as a translator."

Yoren pauses: "
If I am right in assuming that you have a knack for fighting, I might have need for you in the upcoming weeks, a man might try to escape justice by combat, and I will need someone who is capable of stopping him."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:17 am

"
I am not sure what we might find. Master Fourthwind said it is genuine and only alludes to a great treasure. My sources tell me that the island it is on is fortified. If this information proves true I will not only need your support, but the support of House Longshores troops as well. As for the matter of justice, I will gladly attend the trial and stand for the seven if the accused is truely wicked."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:49 am

"
If you're not knowing what you search for, how can you know when you've found it? Is there such a risk that we will need to bring forces? How many troops would we need to bring each? When are you thinking we should leave for the stepstones?"
The Ironborn asks a lot of questions, but his tone stays amiable.

"
I'm glad you are willing to give a helping hand, it might not be necessary, but I always like to be prepared."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:05 pm

"
I wish to have a large force available for expedition for the same reason you wish to have me present at the trial. It is better to have something and not need it than need it and not have it. While I'm lacking in information it regards to what might be there and what might be guarding it, I do have informants out trying to find as much information as possible. The only information is a map that is genuine, detailing a great treasure and defend by a stout garrison in a wooden Motte &
Bailey. Though Maester Fourthwind is convince we haven't learned everything about this map. As for a departure date, hopefully in the next few months it all depends on when all the forces are ready. One thing I am certain about is this expedition will not go underway until everyone is ready."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:23 pm

"
Good, I'll be ready for your call. However, could I have a look at the map? I'd like to see if I can be of further assistance, maps has always interested me. How many troops do you plan to bring to take this fortification?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:08 am

"
Of course will gladly let you view the map yourself to see if it is indeed true. It is not here with me now, but I was planning on invite you and the other lords interested to Hart Home so they view the map themselves and for those that decided to come, to start planning and making the necessary preparations. As for troops I plan on bring as many as I can muster. I have my personal guard right now and I am hoping to train at least a unit of foot soldiers before the expedition. The real issue would be to find a navy to get us down there.”
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:21 am

"
I can be of assistance with the navy. I got a group of warships, and they could be of assistance. Especially if there is potential for treasures."

Pausing he asks: "
Speaking of which;
What guarantee do you have for the supposed treasures? is there only that one map supporting it? Wouldn't it be wise to send someone to scout it out first?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:32 pm

"
Right now I only have the map supporting the claim right now, but I will have scouts sent in the coming weeks to scout the area."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:07 pm

"
Good, there's always the chance that the treasure is already taken, it never hurts to take precautions. I look forward to feel the deck under my feet again, though I speak from experience when I say that we should probably divide spoils before we go ashore."

Never trust men with gold in front of them.Uoren thinks to himself.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:17 pm

"
Hopefully we will have the shares already agreed upon before we leave for the Stepstones."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:31 pm

"
Good, I'll get ships ready to depart."
Yoren claps the other man on the shoulder amiably, all his concerns addressed.

[/Scene?]

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down