Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7, LA] Meeting with Ser Arryk Cargyll

2 posters

Go down

[D7, LA] Meeting with Ser Arryk Cargyll Empty [D7, LA] Meeting with Ser Arryk Cargyll

Post by Tymon Lannister Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:39 pm

Ser Tymon was in the practice yard that afternoon going through his daily practice with the longsword when Ser Arryk Cargyll came to speak with him. Ser Tymon stopped his practice, sheathed his sword and saluted the battle tested member of the Kingsguard. Ser Tymon said “Good afternoon Ser, it is an honor and a pleasure to make your acquaintance.”

Last edited by 201 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

[D7, LA] Meeting with Ser Arryk Cargyll Empty Re: [D7, LA] Meeting with Ser Arryk Cargyll

Post by Reader Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:24 pm

Ser Arryk Cargyll himself! Half of the famed Cargyll twins - few houses were lucky enough to count one son skilled enough to serve in the Kingsguard, let alone two. Where most warriors carried their scars as marks of honour the Cargyll twins were said to be so skilled that few blades had touched them, leaving the valiant knights indistinguishable to this day: both clean shaven, tall and strong with short blond hair, but a dull, dirty yellow rather than the gold of Tymon's Lannister heritage.

Ser Arryk is resplendent in the white cloak and gleaming plate of the Kingsguard with its distinctive scaled joints and silver clasps at the breastplate.

"
Well ridden Ser Tymon. In years to come I am sure many and more will be glad to have made your acquaintance. And a few more to rue the day they ever set eyes on you if you can oft ride like you did against Ser Colyn. House Blackwood attracts martial men of talent, your foe was no stranger to victories in melees and even the odd joust."

"
Your young lady seemed quite taken with your victory, are you lucky enough to have set a date?"

[OOC: tweaked timeslot as discussed via PM]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D7, LA] Meeting with Ser Arryk Cargyll Empty Re: [D7, LA] Meeting with Ser Arryk Cargyll

Post by Tymon Lannister Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:43 am

Ser Tymon was honored by the words and compliments of a warrior of such skill and notoriety as Ser Arryk.

"
Ser Arryk, you honor me with your words, I am sure that Ser Alayne Tarly would be happy to hear your words and to know that his time spent teaching me the art of the joust was not wasted. He was always such a taskmaster with the quintain. It was many a day I ended up flat on my back in my armor, scarcely remembering my own name after being knocked senseless"
Ser Tymon said with a chuckle, fondly remembering his time as a squire, and his time learning the lance.

"
Ser Colyn was a honorable and worthy opponent. He is a man of skill and martial prowess and I was fortunate to win the joust."
Ser Tymon said in a serious tone.

"
My Lord father and Lady mother truly could not have made a better match. I left House Dulver as a young man to begin my time as a squire and she was just a young girl with knobby knees who annoyed me. I returned to the Stony Heath to meet a young lady who is beautiful, intelligent, kind and has an excellent sense of humor."
Ser Tymon said with a smile. "
Our families wanted us to spend some time together to make sure the match was a good one, but a date should be set in the near future. I also think my Lord father and Lady mother also wanted me to make sure to teach her to roar and the proper way to pay our debts"
he jested.

"
Have you enjoyed your journey and time spent here?"
Ser Tymon asked.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:54 pm

"
Few men are skilled enough to tell me that they were trained by Ser Alayne himself and not have it questioned, but your tilt proved the truth of your words."

"
Ser Colyn is a good man in a poor cause - all too common these days. A victory is all the worthier for being against a worthy foe. Treat your opponents with dignity and the Warrior shall look upon you with favour."

"
You are lucky to be married for more than just politics - knightly love is something normally reserved for the singers. My brother and I are spared running that particular gauntlet."

He taps his white shield and smiles good naturedly.

"
I enjoyed my journey passing well. With Winter loosening its cruel embrace it is good to be on the road. I cannot speak so kindly of our time in Battle Valley, but few can."

"
Even the bandits cannot, dispersed and defeated by Lord Marsten and Ser Jorah before they could make off with their ill gotten gains."

Ser Arryk was a political man and not shy of it, but neither was he shy of praising Blacks who served the Realm well, particularly after Lord Marsten's bravery had saved the Kingsguard's life.

"
Battle Valley has brought naught but attacks on the royal party and traitors to fill Vhagar's belly. The people will not soon forget the Prince's justice."

Ser Arryk's tone of these final matters is guarded.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:53 am

Ser Tymon turned to Ser Arryk Cargyll and said "
I appreciate your words regarding the tilt. Having a warrior of such esteem and skill give praise is no small thing. Ser Alayne is an excellent teacher, and better man. I was lucky to learn from such a knight."

"
I feel for Ser Colyn, the man has given much in support of his cause, but I would do the same in a cause I believe in so I cant fault the man, even if I don't necessarily agree with the cause he supports."

"
When my parents originally told me of the match with Lady Helen I did not know what to think. My Lord Father and Lady Mother are wise and have always wanted what was best for me but I did not know how being matched with a young lady I had known only in childhood would turn out. I feel fortunate that when I returned to the Stoney Heath I found Lady Helen to be a young woman who was both beautiful to behold, but also possessing intelligence and an excellent sense of humor. I do not think my honored parents and Lord Dulver and my Aunt, Lady Dulver could have made a better match."

"
It is shameful that the royal party had any issues within the borders of the seven kingdoms. I suppose it is a sign of the times that are upon on us unfortunately. I think we are lucky to have men such as yourself and your brother as members of the Kingsguard."

"
Do you have any advice that you would pass along to a young knight Ser Arryk?"

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:03 pm

Ser Arryk listens attentively, nodding along at Tymon's praise for his betrothed's qualities and compliments towards the kingsguard.

At the Lannister's question he pauses for a moment in thought.

"
It pains me that I am now the man to be asked of advice from brave knights intent on errantry for their ladies - youth and a wife are denied to me now,"
says Ser Arryk with mock sorrow, although he is still a hale warrior and far from middle aged.

"
Many can offer advice on combat or tilting, but your master at arms and Ser Alayne have drilled you well already. Instead I offer this - continue to conduct yourself as you do, and attempt to lead House Dulver's heir to knightly virtue by your example. Honour can be a practical shield as well as figurative."

"
Men of quality and character are like to be taken as captives in conflicts where as thugs and bullies oft find they 'fell in the press' or 'died of a pox on the march'."

"
Conduct yourself as you have and even should you have the misfortune to face one of the few to better you with lance or blade, be assured you will be ransomed or avenged by men of honour."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:03 pm

Ser Arryk listens attentively, nodding along at Tymon's praise for his betrothed's qualities and compliments towards the kingsguard.

At the Lannister's question he pauses for a moment in thought.

"
It pains me that I am now the man to be asked of advice from brave knights intent on errantry for their ladies - youth and a wife are denied to me now,"
says Ser Arryk with mock sorrow, although he is still a hale warrior and far from middle aged.

"
Many can offer advice on combat or tilting, but your master at arms and Ser Alayne have drilled you well already. Instead I offer this - continue to conduct yourself as you do, and attempt to lead House Dulver's heir to knightly virtue by your example. Honour can be a practical shield as well as figurative."

"
Men of quality and character are like to be taken as captives in conflicts where as thugs and bullies oft find they 'fell in the press' or 'died of a pox on the march'."

"
Conduct yourself as you have and even should you have the misfortune to face one of the few to better you with lance or blade, be assured you will be ransomed or avenged by men of honour."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tymon Lannister Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:36 am

"
Ser Arryk, I hope you see no offense in my question. I only thought to ask an honorable knight for sage advice as I go forward, and I thank you for your words. A year ago I would have seen service in the Kingsguard as only glory and honor and would have been elated to be someday be chosen to join the ranks of such an elite group of warriors after proving myself."
He smiled ruefully "
Now however, after being betrothed to Lady Helen and spending time with her I do not think I could pledge my service and take the white, it would just be impossible at this point without feeling like I was cleaving my heart from the rest of myself."

He said to Ser Arryk "
I thank you for your words and pledge to continue to strive to bring honor to the Seven Kingdoms, to my betrothed Lady Helen, to my mentor, Ser Alayne, to my family of birth, House Lannister, and to the house of my Aunt and that I marry into, House Dulver.

Tymon Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:40 pm

Ser Arryk shrugs.

"
No offence was taken, and I hope none given."

"
Few are willing to put aside a wife's warm arms for duty's colder embrace, nor would I judge them for it."

"
It has been a relief to see you honour equals your skills at tilting, strive to be an example to House Dulver's heir."

[OOC: Ser Arryk's disposition towards Tymon improves to amiable.

/scene for my part, other pcs free to join in to congratulate Ser Tymon]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down