Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8 PUTG] Ser Kevan Lyras - Ser Steffon Vance

2 posters

Go down

[D8 PUTG] Ser Kevan Lyras - Ser Steffon Vance Empty [D8 PUTG] Ser Kevan Lyras - Ser Steffon Vance

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:27 am

Thankful for the investigators decision to let him stand as the champion against the Ser Steffon, Kevan prepared himself for the fight. Because the Marsten knight still had no personal squire, two guards from House Lyras helped him with his armor. I should really think about choosing a squire for myself...
When he was finally prepared for the bout, he rode onto the impromptu battlefield in the middle of the royal camp site. His horse as well as his armor pitch black, the latter showing the familiar coat-of-arms of his House, the former decorated with yellow crest.

"
Let the Seven guide our arms and horses, Ser Steffon, for it is them who choose the winner!"

Joust
Passive Ride: 15 + 5 from Anointed = 20
Health 12/12
AR 10
F/I/W: 0/0/0

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D8 PUTG] Ser Kevan Lyras - Ser Steffon Vance Empty Re: [D8 PUTG] Ser Kevan Lyras - Ser Steffon Vance

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:13 pm

"
Seven willing, the Warrior will guide my arms to pierce these lies,"
cried Ser Steffon, saluting his foe and kicking his fun stallion in to the charge, the towers and dragons of his family on his shield adorned with his personal Red trim for his service to house Bracken.

PR: 14
Health: 12/12
AR: 10
Stance: balanced
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D8 PUTG] Ser Kevan Lyras - Ser Steffon Vance Empty Re: [D8 PUTG] Ser Kevan Lyras - Ser Steffon Vance

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:51 pm

"
The Seven won't be willing..."
, Kevan says, though more to himself, as he likewise charged at his foe.
Time to avenge the death of my father-in-law!
With the experience of his many jousts and the determination to take revenge for the late Lord Blackwood he aimed his lance. At the very last moment, he slightly adjusted the point of his weapon to the right, hoping the change in impact causes the other knight to fall.

[url=PutG T1 (High in the Saddle +2)][/url]: 10d6k4+2 23

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:04 pm

Ser Steffon was no swaggering bully or lickspittle courtier who had gained his station by intrigue. The master at arms' wickedness was matched only by his skills.
He held his seat, despite a thumping blow from Ser Kevan and dealt a palpable hit of his own to his foe's shield.

[url=Balanced joust][/url]: 9d6k4 22
Stay in the saddle 17 (link later)
Catch your breath 10

Passive ride: 14
Health: 7/12 - assuming war lance used?
Stance: high in the saddle +2
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:17 pm

[Yes a war lance, sorry should have specified. But this is no tourney! But I think there is something wrong with his health. It should be 9 Damage per DoS (AH+4+2charging), so 18Damage - AR. AR of 13 seems a bit excessive :;
-): ]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:25 pm

[ooc: his health includes 3 from catch your breath. 18 dmg -10ar = 8 damage, so health 4 then increases to 7 with catch your breath. Sorry for not laying it out in full, on phone]

Stance in next round: high in the saddle +2
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:37 pm

[Ah got it :;
): ]

With Ser Steffon's hit being deflected by his own armor and his own lancing clearly affecting his foe, Kevan kept pressing his advantage, but at the same time made sure not to become overeager. His second lance hit his opponent almost in the same spot as the first.

[url=Stay in the saddle][/url]: 6d6k3 14 (forgot the -2 in the roll, so 12)
[url=PutG T2 (High in the saddle +1)][/url]: 10d6k4+1 23 2DoS again:18-10= 8 ->
He has to take an injury

Passive Ride: 15
Health 12/12
AR 10

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:58 pm

Ser Steffon could not withstand a knight of Ser Kevan's calibre for a second pass and was sent tumbling to the muddy ground.

His injuries and the fall hampered him as he clawed for his sword before Ser Kevan could ride him down with the Seven's justice...

Pass 2
PR: 14
Health: 5/12
I/W/F: 3/0/0
[url=High in the saddle +2][/url]: 9d6k4+2 24 - 2 DoS = 18 Damage, TN 12 to remain mounted
[url=Stay in the saddle][/url]: 5d6k3-3 6 - topples from the saddle, takes an additional 9 damage
[url=catch your breath][/url]: 4d6-3 11

[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6-7 3
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:17 pm

The second round sent the Bracken knight tumbling from his horse, while Kevan merely felt a little sting in his shoulder. He turned around and dismounted, before exchanging his useless broken warlance for his well-crafted sword. No decoration enhanced this blade, only a regular brown leather band ensured that the weapon would not slip from his fingers in a fight.
"
Say it here, before the old gods and the Seven! Confess your crimes before you leave this world!"
He raised his sword and charged at his enemy, swinging at his helmed head with a vicious cut.

[url=Stay in the saddle II][/url]: 6d6k3-1 14
[url=Catch breath][/url]: 4d6 8
[url=Initiative (PutG)][/url]: 3d6-4 13
[url=Charge][/url]: 6d6k4+1 20 7 damage per DoS
Health 6/12
CD: 10, AR 10

Spend fatigue on attack / knockdown

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:28 pm

Despite the weight of his plate armour, Ser Kevan is upon Steffon like a bolt from the heavens. His blow lands with a sickening crunch on Steffon's helm, drawing blood despite his foe's armour.

House Bracken's master of arms fights on desperately despite the blood from the cuts dripping across his eyes, raining down blows on his opponent with paying any heed to defence.

"
Blackwood lies you dog!"
rails Steffon. "
Fucking savage fucker!"

CD: 8
I/W/F: 3/1/0

3 DoS = 21 Damage - 10 AR = 11 Damage = Takes a wound
Greater action: [url=Reckless attack][/url]: 8d6k5 27 -3 (injuries) = 24 = 3 DoS = 15 Damage -5 AR = 5 damage to Ser Kevan
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:50 pm

"
Tell us how you gave the order to assassinate Lord Blackwood! How you murdered him like a coward!"

Kevan pushes Steffon away with his shield and delivers another blow to his head, which causes more blood to spill through the helm's openings.

[url=Aim+Attack][/url]: 7d6k5+1-1 22
Health 1/12
CD: 10, AR 10
F/I/W: 1/0/0

Spend fatigue on attack / knockdown

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:22 pm

Ser Steffon opens his visor to spit blood, his face by now a hideous visage drenched in blood. A religious man may think the Seven have given him the face he deserves through Kevan's strokes: a face to match the darkness in his oul.

"
Cut off the head and the body follows. Done perfectly too. You're next, I'll not fall to a man who takes Ser Benjen's sloppy seconds."

Pure hatred burns in his eyes , the only part of his face that seems clear of blood.

What drives a man to such dishonour, such hate?

CD: 8 (3) reckless attack)
I/W/F: 3/2/0 - takes a second wound

4 DoS = 20 Damage - 10 AR = 10 Damage = Takes a wound
Greater action: [url=Reckless attack][/url]: 8d6k4-3 19 - 5 damage per DoS = 2 DoS (due to Ser Kevan's use of fatigue) = 10 Damage - 10 AR = 0 damage
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:19 pm

"
Indeed, cut the head off..."
, Ser Kevan replied, leaving Steffon's insults unanswered. The last attack had left the Bracken knight out off balance and Kevan was intent to finish it right here.
Spinning around his own axis, he hit his opponent right at the crease between the damaged helmet and the breastplate with a backhanded blow. Despite not wielding a valyrian blade, the hit was placed perfectly, separaring the head from shoulders.As it landed next to the knight's body, Kevan opened his own visor and said: "
The Seven and the old gods judged this man to be guilty. Justice is served."

[url=Aim+Attack][/url]: 7d6k5+1-2 18
With Reader's approval, he is defeated, even though he could take another wound to live for another round.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:41 pm

A superlative display with both sword and lance brought a spectacular end to the veteran Ser Steffon.

The rain beat down, washing away Ser Steffon's lifeblood.

Justice had been done.

Lord Bracken's face was set grimly at seeing a long serving, loyal sworn sword fall - a man who had dishonoured his house, yet served it faithfully for decades.

Lady Sofia Blackwood stood up in her chair, nodded at her husband and moved to depart the viewing stands, pulling her cloak's hood up to preserve her hair from the rain on the walk back to her pavilion. Ser Kevan had never let her down and had now delivered justice to the man behind her father's murder. I do not need the Bracken's Father for justice so long as I have my Kevan, here or at Riverrun.

[Ser Kevan Lyras earns 1 glory for defeating a famous opponent]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down