Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D5 R3 Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Kevan Lyras

3 posters

Go down

D5 R3 Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Kevan Lyras Empty D5 R3 Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Kevan Lyras

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri May 15, 2015 9:02 pm

The two friends lined up to face each other. Ser Jorah's shield was emblazoned with a black background with a yellow jagged cross splitting it into four. So far, his involvement had ended after the first tilt. He hoped for his friend's sake that it was not so embarrassing.

passive ride 14
Health 9/9
AR 9

[url=Endurance Recovery][/url]: 3d6k3-1 13

Last edited by 105 on Sat May 16, 2015 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

D5 R3 Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Kevan Lyras Empty Re: D5 R3 Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Kevan Lyras

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat May 16, 2015 1:25 pm

Slowly, Ser Kevan prepares his armor, checks his shield and mounts his horse. He is once again clad in dark black, with the Lyras' sun emblem present on his shield.
He lifts the tourney lance towards the stands in salute and after that towards his opponent.

"
May the better knight win, Ser Jorah!"

Happy it is not one of the kingsguard men, but must it be Jorah? At least he is not cheating like that bastard Hugo...

Statistics
Maneuver: [Do we send this to Reader as a PM and then roll?]
Passive Ride: 14
Health: 9/9
AR: 8
Edit after conversation with Reader:
[url=Recovery from injury][/url]: 3d6-1 5
[url=Healing][/url]: 1d6 6
No injury malus due to Heloise -->
total 11

Last edited by 157 on Sat May 16, 2015 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

D5 R3 Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Kevan Lyras Empty Re: D5 R3 Ser Jorah Holt vs Ser Kevan Lyras

Post by Reader Sat May 16, 2015 2:04 pm

[OOC: Septa Heloise rolls healing at 4d6k3, she doesn't have a -1 injury penalty so that's at least a 6, plus 1B and keep highest. House Marsten has no maester, thanks Lady Isobel Rolling Eyes ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon May 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Ser Jorah charged forward, balanced on his horse. His lance struck Ser Kevan's shield, but not with the accuracy he had shown yesterday.

balanced joust

Tilt 1 vs Kevan: 8d6k4 16 1 dos

hmm, tn9 ride roll needed

8 damage

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon May 18, 2015 9:05 pm

Both lances hit their target at the same time. Kevan can deflect the lance of his opponent, but the force almost lifts him from his saddle. However, he manages to cling to his horse.

Rolls
Maneuver: Defensive +2
Passive Ride: 14+2 = 16
[url=Joust (R3T1)][/url]: 9d6k4-2 21 ->
2 DoS = 16 Damage, tn12 check needed

Damage absorbed by Armour
[url=Stayinsaddle][/url]: 5d6k3 8 -->
Spend my BoTA bonus for the day now -->
+2 = 10
(That coulda ended bad)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue May 19, 2015 12:23 pm

Ser Kevan's Lance struck his shield more firmly, jarring him. He was lifted back, but held easily. Jorah shook his head to catch his breath.

ooc
AR 9, so 7 damage
[url=Ride check][/url]: 5d6k3 14

[url=Catch your breath][/url]: 3d6k3 13

Health 5/9

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Tue May 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Ser Jorah wheeled around and collected a lance from a Coldbrook page. Settling himself into position again, he charged forward.

Balanced response

D5 R3 Tilt 2: 8d6k4 18

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue May 19, 2015 10:05 pm

You ride well, friend, but I get you this time

Kevan receives a new lance as well and the two knights ride against each other for a second time. Both lances strike through. This time, Kevan holds on more easily and reaches the end of the lane, turning around, ready for a third ride...

Rolls
[url=Joust (R3T2)][/url]: 9d6k4-2 20 ->
2 DoS = 16 Damage, tn12 check needed

Damage absorbed by Armour
[url=Stayinsaddle][/url]: 5d6k3 11

[In case of a 3rd tilt: I have posted my tactic in my personal forum, from my side, we are good to go]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed May 20, 2015 12:31 pm

Ser Jorah kept in his saddle, though he had clearly been rocked by the blow. Swearing under his breath, he took a second to compose himself before coming around for the final tilt. Sitting high in the saddle, he struck with the finest strike he could manage.

ooc
I'll have to take an injury to stay in

[url=Take a breath action][/url]: 3d6k3-1 6 - awful roll
Health 2/9
[url=Ride check][/url]: 5d6k3-1 13

High in the saddle +2
[url=D5 R 1 Tilt 3][/url]: 8d6k4+1 25 2 DOS if you are keeping to the same tactics so 16 damage and TN12 if you are riding

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed May 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Once again, both lances connect, as the knights ride against each other for the 3rd time. And once again, both riders hold on...

Rolls
Health: 1/9
[url=Joust (R3T3)][/url]: 9d6k4-2 14 = your passive ride, is that even a hit or not? exceed by 0 = 1 DoS?

[url=Stayinsaddle][/url]: 5d6k3 13
8 Damage, after AR

[OOC: Assuming Jorah makes the easy ride check (if necessary) So what now? Counting DoS? Continuing on foot?]

Last edited by 157 on Thu May 21, 2015 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed May 20, 2015 8:06 pm

[OOC: Victor is based on: broken lance, then DoS, then judge's decision. Obviously you can spend destiny to try to lower your opponent's DoS, boost your own etc]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed May 20, 2015 10:30 pm

14 is a hit

[url=ride check][/url]: 5d6k3-3 13 to stay on my horse

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu May 21, 2015 12:28 pm

Ser Jorah wheeled around and cantered back to the centre, waiting to be joined by Ser Kevan. With both still on horseback, both would need to wait on the judges, though he knew he had not ridden well until the final tilt.

ooc

To avoid a ritual spending of DPs that doesn't help either of us in the end, just letting it go to adjudication by the judges as we are both still on horseback

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu May 21, 2015 12:40 pm

[OOC: The judges make that 5 DoS to Ser Kevan, 4 DoS to Ser Jorah, and Ser Kevan is narrowly declared the winner. Well fought to both of you, unless anyone wants to spend destiny. Corrections welcome. Very tight match in the end, single point in it several times.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu May 21, 2015 12:49 pm

Kevan met Ser Jorah in the center, riding close to the barrier between the two riders and offering his friend a handshake.

"
You rode very well, Jorah! I was lucky at times, but so were you!"
he said with a grin.

As the judges declare him the winner. Ser Kevan turns to the stands and bows his had to the visitors and the judges.

To Ser Jorah he added:
"
In the melee we will fight on the same side and after today, I am even more happy about it"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu May 21, 2015 1:00 pm

After the joust, Ser Rickard Thorne approaches Ser Jorah.

He is resplendent in the white cloak and shield of the Kingsguard, but still bears the flail on red of House Thorne on his helm's crests, neatly tucked under his arm.

"
You rode well Ser Jorah, a hard fought victory against a talented foe. I believe Ser Kevan leads one of the teams in the melee."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu May 21, 2015 7:10 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Kevan met Ser Jorah in the center, riding close to the barrier between the two riders and offering his friend a handshake.

"
You rode very well, Jorah! I was lucky at times, but so were you!"
he said with a grin.

As the judges declare him the winner. Ser Kevan turns to the stands and bows his had to the visitors and the judges.

To Ser Jorah he added:
"
In the melee we will fight on the same side and after today, I am even more happy about it"

He took his friend's hand and shook it firmly. "
That could easily have gone either way. I will certainly be looking for a rematch."
He grinned back at his friend.
"
And I am a better swordsman than I am a horseman. Let's hope we can lead our side to victory."

After the joust, Ser Rickard Thorne approaches Ser Jorah.

He is resplendent in the white cloak and shield of the Kingsguard, but still bears the flail on red of House Thorne on his helm's crests, neatly tucked under his arm.

"
You rode well Ser Jorah, a hard fought victory against a talented foe. I believe Ser Kevan leads one of the teams in the melee.

Ser Jorah saluted the knight

"
Thank you Ser Rickard, it is an honour to hear such words from a member of the Kingsguard. Yes, Ser Kevan will be leading one of the teams in the melee."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat May 23, 2015 9:52 am

Hearing Ser Jorah's words to Ser Kevan, the kingsguard presses further.

"
If you are a better sword than lance you must be a fine swordsman indeed. I have learned all the tricks my brothers in arms posses. Why not try me on the training grounds in the day to come?"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat May 23, 2015 3:49 pm

Ser Jorah was surprised at the offer.

"
I would be honoured Ser Rickard to cross blades with you, mayhap we can learn something from each other"
he said, bowing his head slightly, "
are you free before the jousting in the morning perhaps?"

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat May 23, 2015 4:01 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Ser Jorah was surprised at the offer.

"
I would be honoured Ser Rickard to cross blades with you, mayhap we can learn something from each other"
he said, bowing his head slightly, "
are you free before the jousting in the morning perhaps?"

"
Aye, seek me out on the morrow Ser."

He bows respectfully and departs.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down