Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 7 LA] Green Septon, Black? Knight.

2 posters

Go down

[Day 7 LA] Green Septon, Black? Knight. Empty [Day 7 LA] Green Septon, Black? Knight.

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:47 pm

well that is a very interesting revelation. Lord Haig has pointed to Theomore as the man who put him up to the second Pennytree attack. Well let us ask the man himself. Septon Arlyn follows the tall knight, dressed in his Tullison finery. Ser Theomore appeared to be in a hurry to get some where, causing the Septon's pace to double trying to catch up to him.

"
Ser Theomore."
Septon Arlyn calls, but his words get lost in the bustle of the campsites under the kings banner. Septon Arlyn doubles good pace yet again, almost at a trot to catch up to the knight.

"
Ser Theomore, "
Septon Arlyn calls again, bouncing through the crowded fairways, moving between the Marsten guards. "
Ser Theomore..."
Septon Arlyn pants heavily, sweat was dripping off his brow as Septon Arlyn wipes away the excess salty liquid to keep it from stinging his eyes.

"
Ser Theomore, may I have a moment,"
Septon Arlyn stands on the tripod position, with one hand raised in a "
please one moment gesture.

Last edited by 167 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 7 LA] Green Septon, Black? Knight. Empty Re: [Day 7 LM] Green Septon, Black? Knight.

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:40 pm

"
But of course."
Theomore stops to let him catch up. "
What is on your mind, septon?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Day 7 LA] Green Septon, Black? Knight. Empty Re: [Day 7 LM] Green Septon, Black? Knight.

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:56 pm

"
Theomore, "
Septon Arlyn gulps for air, normal courtesies are lost upon him for a moment as he breathed heavily. "
Is it true?"
The Septon out heavily. "
Did you put Lord Haig up to the second Pennytree attack?"
He blurted blurted out. "
Septon Arlyn straightens up and stares into Ser Theomore's eyes trying to tell what he was thinking.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 7 LA] Green Septon, Black? Knight. Empty Re: [Day 7 LA] Green Septon, Black? Knight.

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:08 am

After getting a few more gulps of air, the Septon laid out what he knew. "
The first attack was clearly done by the Bracken's heavy cavalry. This is not a debate as Ser Humprey Piper testified that after he was pressured by the men under his command he set about his tactics quite well, killing the Dornish caravan to a man. From there I discovered that the second attack was not perpetrated by the Brackens at all, as well as the evidence appeared to have disapeared by the time I had started investigating the Warriors Seat as well. Which was suspicious as we had intel from a few very reliable sources that there was a few of the soldiers who did not sell off their wares, but instead kept them hidden."
Septon Arlyn gestures to Ser Theomore, "
This is where I assume that your suggestion to Lord Haig to be rid of the evidence came from."
Septon Arlyn stops himself, as if debating continuing further or not. The septons face was still flushed from exhertion but his breathing had steadied, yet the knight could see the grouse flesh crawling over the Septon.

What is to stop him from murdering me where I stand. Or worse, sending Ser Walton on some suicide mission. I never would have thought him capable of such a thing before, but after the dragon incident... Septon Arlyns thoughts race through his head as he lays out his trail of evidence but the final thought leads him to trail off but the new thoughts causes his heart to race, faster then any amount of exertion could have caused. I will not let him harm Ser Walton. For all of his flaws he does have a good heart. Even if his actions seem a bit cruel he does not do so intentionally. I'm sure that it has to do with his flaws in learning. Maybe I will train him more when I return.

"
Ser Theomore, A few days ago I would have been the first to dismiss these claims. Your coming forward with the fact you had a close connection to these black cavalrymen turned bandits would have caused me to question the credibility of the drakeson claim, Hell, I even suspected Lord Baelon for a time. But your actions of late has drawn more concern from myself. Ser Theomore, what is going on?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[Day 7 LA] Green Septon, Black? Knight. Empty Re: [Day 7 LA] Green Septon, Black? Knight.

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:55 pm

Theomore at first looks confused, of all the things he might be suspected of, putting Lord Haig up to that was not what he had expected. He does makes signs of agreement with the septon's recollection of witnesses and evidence regarding the first attacks and the goods being kept by these men. An eyebrow is raised on the mention of Baelon, whatever foolishness his blind arrogance and inflated self-esteem could cause, this was not it.

"
What, if I may ask, made you think I suggested to Lord Haig that he get rid of the evidence?"
It was a dangerous ground to walk, the charges against him looming above his head, and yet, the lies would need to stop. But the septon had the wrong idea even if he was on to the truth Theomore wanted to hide. Best right the wrong and hope that would at least buy enough time to remove the threat of the blade the Coldbrooks wanted to dangle above his head.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:23 pm

"
Well Ser Theomore, it was you who suggested he gather the evidence from the Pennytree caravan attack, and no one else had even investigated the penny tree incident as much as you had before you. You also admitted to knowing of the black cavalry mercenaries, stating that it would not make sense for them to turn bandit whenever they could earn more from honestly hiring themselves out. Then for them to have left all their ill gotten goods behind? Making impossible for us to track them down?"

Septon Arlyn clucks his tongue and shakes his head before turning his attention back to Ser Theomore.

"
No one else at the warriors seat knew of these black mercenaries. I spent a great deal of time searching there. Both Ser Wyl and Ser Humphrey also denied knowledge of it. Then Lord Haig claims it was you? Also your championing leaving dornish from the treaty?"

Septon Arlyn clasps his hands together in front of himself and begins to tap his foot.

"
And then the incident with the dragon?"
Faster tapping.

"
There is a lot of suspicious activity around these two Pennytree attacks Ser Theomore. And your name keeps circulating around them. Now I've searched for physical evidence of anyone involved in this. As I stated I even suspected Lord Baelon for a while, but I can see from his stubbornness and lack of forethought at the treaty discussion, that I doubt he could be capable of creating such a plan, let alone following it through. That leads to only onesuspect Ser Theomore. You. Now the biggest question left is why? Why would you take such a risk? Unless you can offer another reason and suspect."

(Septon Arlyn would want to enter an intrigue here if he doesn't get some answers Smile )
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:59 pm

"
It would have been better for everyone if I had done nothing"
Theomore pinches the bridge of his nose, one way or the other that was true. Hindsight was such a bitch. "
Just as with the dragon, just as it would have been if Baelon had stepped back and let others deal with Athelstan with greater wisdom. But we all do as we think we must sometimes. We make mistakes every now and then, we learn from them...but the consequences...people died because of my mistakes this time, wherever the failing lies, and not by accident. "
But that was not what he asked, was it? No, but it was part of the answer, or more like the makings of a better question to reach it. "
That...that is new."
He sighs, shrugging away that thought, he was looking for something, but he would not find it here and now.

"
It is a troubling question you ask, septon, the Coldbrooks are pressing charges, whether by malice or by drawing conclusion from having half the pieces of the puzzle, I do not know, and it is difficult to separate the rights and wrongs of my actions when I must prepare a defense of them. By the laws of men, I cannot be justly convicted of wrongdoing, this I know, though that does not mean I have not done any. And now you tell me that Lord Haig has said things that are not true?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:34 pm

I press for the truth yet like a rainbow trout his scales his slick scales cause him to slip out of my grasp before I get a hold of him for the truth. Yet he keeps mentioning the coldbrook's and their charges. Silpery as a fish, a Tully's son indeed. Septon Arlyn moves his big meaty hand to his chin and scratches the stubble that has grown their thoughtfully. Turning to the Marsten guards Septon Arlyn speaks to them offhandedly, "
Goodman Marstens, if it would please you I would like a moment of privacy with your charge here. I do not doubt your loyalty to the Marstens but sometimes what is said is best left between a man and his Gods."
Septon Arlyn turns to each one in turn, leveling an authoritative yet compassionate glance at each of the guard's in turn. "
I'm sure each one of you has something that you would not want your brothers to know. Now imagine bearing your soul to a Septon whilst six Strangers looked on. Then you might understand Ser Theomore's reluctance here."

With the the guards looked at each other, there duty to uphold their oaths to their Liege Lady Waring with their conscience of giving a man his privacy with the gods. "
Boys,"
Septon Arlyn's tone becomes more friendly, warming the cool damp air more then any amount the hidden son could, "
Lady Corinne is my friend"
or at least I am still her friend, I'm not sure she could say the same of me. the Septon ambles his way over to the group while he speaks then leans in towards the head guard and whispers to him. "
If he reveals anything dangerous to your Liege Lady I will report it to her myself. But I have a feeling that Ser Theomore is lothe to speak about this issue as he feels he may be unjustly implicated in some of the dealings here in battle valley. You can use my name, Septon Arlyn, if your Lady becomes angry with you, for my shoulders are broad and I would hate to see any small folk suffer for obeying myself. I've already been in the receiving end of your Ladies temper and I would not want to see such a thing happened to a good and honorable man such as yourself."
Septon Arlyn gives the man a sly wink.

With that the charge gaurd gives a smile, causing his bushy brown beard to break apart and yellow teeth show through at Septon Arlyn, with a small chuckle he states "
aye, you may have your privacy, but we are not letting you two out of our sight."

Septon Arlyn nods somberly, "
I would not dream of such a thing, "
Septon Arlyn gestures to Ser Theomore. "
come along, "
he orders, not the harsh unrelenting orders of a captian of the guard, nor the polite command of a lady of the evening. But the unspoken authority of a Gods Sworn. Society may view Ser Theomore a mighty man for his skill in arms and connections to Prince Daemon. However in this moment Septon Arlyn felt called of the Gods, and his authority was derived from a station higher then Aegon the Conqueror himself.

So without pause the Septon moved away, with the expectation that Ser Theomore would follow him and obey his request. As the Septon found a secluded section just outside the camp sites he turns to Ser Theomore and sees the guards, true to their word, just outside of listening range but still clearly with in visible eyesight.

"
Now that I have secured us some quiet I'm going to be frank with you Ser Theomore."
Septon Arlyn's head turns to Ser Theomore, "
your lying to me."
Septon Arlyn comments on this in a matter of fact tone, not seeking for this to become another inane argument with no resolution. gods only know we have had enough of that this week.

"
I'm stating this so we can skip over the superfluous denial and accusations that seem to have plagued this treaty discussion. You spoke to Ser Walton about leaving the words Dornish from the treaty, at first I was confused, 'what does it matter if the words Dornish are used? Would it not be more upsetting to leave the words Dornish from the treaty?' Then a mind brighter then mine brought it to my attention that using the words Dornish would hurt the Black's in particular, due to someone's close involvement in the war against them,"
Septon states into Ser Theomore's eyes deeply, as if searching for something. "
Two men have close ties to that some one, both men have guards placed on them, yet one speaks with Lady Corinne, and poof, his guards disappear. Then Lord Bracken, a close friend of this other man, points the finger at you. It's all very suspicious Ser Theomore. As then he starts advocating for leaving the words Dornish in the treaty, which is bad for the Black's. Showing that he is no cunning enough to understand the nuances of the great halls that his... Sponsor frequents. But you,"
Septon Arlyn shakes his chubby index finger at Ser Theomore, "
you continued to advocate for leaving Dornish out of the treaty, but why?"

Septon Arlyn begins to pace back and forth in front of Ser Theomore.

"
Tell me everything about your involvement in Pennytree. Help me bring justice to those who died in the second attack on Pennytree, and I will help to exonerate your name in front of the courts."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:15 pm

"
I believe you are mistaken on two accounts, good septon."
Theomore states flatly. "
Firstly, Lord Haig could not point his finger at me, given what he knows, and it is not in his nature to employ falsehood and treachery. Secondly, this has much less to do with the color of one's cloak than the personal interests of someone powerful. Someone that keeps a representative at the court of the princess at Dragonstone I believe, he could frequent her halls himself, but a man that takes pains to maintain anonymity while displaying his power in the choice of messenger is not likely to have much of a personal presence."

"
I can't quite see how it would hurt or gain either faction to leave it out or not, it is all about the trade. And the loss of it will hurt lords on both sides. One of them decided that it would be a good idea to command House Tullison to see it done, and add some additional instructions on how to make it happen."
Theomore shakes his head, clearly disapproving of the whole plan. "
Had he simply told us he wanted it done and the why of it, odds are we'd help him willingly, the request does hold merit on it's own, after all, but there were threats of consequence should we fail to do as we were bid."

"
And I did as the uncle with experience in the game of thrones ought to, I shielded my lord nephew from the parts he should not be associated with under any circumstances, did what I had to satisfy the demands laid upon us and ensured that if things went sour, I would be able to maintain deniability. I would investigate Pennytree, I would meet an agent sent there and report my findings to him, and receive further instructions, those being go to Warrior's Seat to appeal to Lord Haig's sense of honor to see if he might collect such evidence from his men as they had kept for themselves."

"
All my activities was arranged in such a manner that if someone asks me questions, I can claim that I did not know and it would not be a lie. What I told Ser Walton was true, as were all my words at the assembly. We all omit such truths that will bring discomfort, we keep a smile when we despise another. We say a knight died a warrior's death when he was accidentally felled by an arrow from his own side. So no, I did not lie to you any more than each and everyone of us does every day, because else we would hurt ourselves and others."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:42 am

(Septon's assumption of what Lord Haig said is based off of this post in the assembly thread.[url:2rypd7qg]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=189&
t=2473&
start=100#p72871[/url:2rypd7qg])
Ah so we get to the truth of it. An omission of fact but not the commission of crime. Septon Arlyn listens to as Ser Theomore speaks trying to more fully understand his words, or maybe even more importantly their tone.
[url=Day 7 LA green Septon, black knight awareness empathy check][/url]: 3d6 7

Strangely enough the Septon Arlyn believes the knight. Ser Theomore's courteous manner helping to ease the tension Septon Arlyn felt. But the truth of the knights words brought sadness to the Septon's eyes. His righteous condemnation turns to divine sadness as Ser Theomore speaks of sheltering his nephew from the shadows that loomed around the game of thrones.

"
Ser Theomore, you may have done these things to help your house, or at least prevent the displeasure of someone with a long arm from affecting those you care about. However many small folk died due to your misplaced trust in this individual. That combined with your lack of defense of the small folk from the dragons wrath, leads me to believe that there may be even more behind the scenes that I am yet unaware of."

Septon Arlyn turns from Ser Theomore and pinches the bridge of his nose, then he begins tapping his foot slightly. Finally he clasps his hands in front of him in a prayerful symbol, searching for answers. How can I help Ser Theomore from a ways away. What can I do to prevent another incident from happening. Septon's Arlyn brown eyes snap open. maybe seven labors would help
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:04 am

"
There is always more behind the scenes than one is aware of, septon."
Theomore would under different circumstances utter the phrase with more bravado. "
You say you want justice for those responsible, how would you go about achieving it?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:29 pm

Septon Arlyn looks at Ser Theomore, his eyes betray the depth of righteous sorrow as he views Ser Theomore through his fresh eyes. "
Ser Theomore, last year when we [url=spoke][/url] we talked of honor and oaths. Ser Theomore, your actions this week were not actions befitting a proper honorable knight. From not standing against Aemond about feeding the people to his dragon, to your duplicity and omission of valuable clues that may have prevented the attacks on Pennytree you have failed in your vows to protect the weak."
Septon Arlyn lets out a heavy sigh. "
Ser Theomore, the Gods are not pleased with you actions as of late. therefore I charge you to renew your vows in a Sept, as well as carry on with 7 labors to help redeem your honor and show westeros what a gallant and honorable knight I know you to be, under all this filth that you have muddied yourself in."

Septon Arlyn turns back towards Ser Theomore, the normal jovialness of his smile gone, replaced with a grave expression. "
Your first steps on your path of redemption have already begun, in humbling yourself before a holy man of the faith and confessing your involvement in Pennytree has helped set yourself on the correct path."
There was a gravity to his voice, his normal lighthearted tone replaced by a more somber one.

The Father's face is stern and strong, he sits and judges right from wrong.He weighs our lives, the short and long, and loves the little children

"
You state that you obscured the truth of the matter regarding pennytree and a sellsword company that you had connections to in order to help protect your nephew from the shadows that surround the game of thrones. While this cause may have been noble and well intentioned at the onset of these investigations, to shield your innocent young Nephew from the shadows, what has happened instead is you have muddied the waters. This obfuscated the truth the the point where these sellswords were able to attack the innocents and made it so that the decision was not clear immediately as to who was the guilty party. Perhaps if you had approached the other investigators with more then hints and clues, allowing them to know the extent and truth of the matter, There may have been a swifter response from the investigating houses, allowing us to capture the sellsword company and bring them to justice. You have impaired the judgement of the investigating houses, causing out judgements to be faulty, so in the name of the father I charge you with righting a wrong that has been perpetrated."
Septon Arlyn stares at the knight, "
The most obvious start is the name of the sellsword company was using when camped near the Village of Pennytree, I'm sure that a bunch of sellswords would not have the discipline to not visit the places of ill repute in that town, defiling the sanctity of the maiden, perhaps if you gave us a name to ask then one of their attendants."
Septon Arlyn nearly chokes on the word before continuing. "
Could provide us with a likely place they were going. Men tend to have looser lips when they feel comforted by the arms of the mother, No? This may very well be the opportunity to bring justice to those who lost their lives during the second Pennytree attack. Elsewise I would suggest that you commit yourself to redeeming the wrongs brought upon others, then write them o me so that I may know the trueness of your redemption so that I may speak for you in the name of the seven."
Preferably this case of Pennytree's second attack, it would not only help right a wrong you have been involved in, even in the periphery, but also prove your own innocence in not ordering the second attack.

The Mother gives the gift of life, and watches over every wife. Her gentle smile ends all strife, and she loves her little children

"
Ser Theomore, the actions of not standing up for the smallfolk when questioned by the prince, you have let Prince Ameond respond even more violently then Maegor the cruel himself! When Maegor the cruel flew to put down the rebellion of Jonos Arryn, who rose against his own brother, he merely hung Jonos followers. Showing that even [url=King Maegor][/url] showed more restraint the Prince Aemond did."
Thus the cruelty shown there surpassed even the Targeon king who was known for cruelty. "
In penitence for that action you must show a great act of mercy, and be merciful in your personal dealings as well. No action can reverse the damage you have caused, as no man can bring another back to life. However through diligent work and prayerful guidance the mother can show you the best course of action."
Septon Arlyn shakes his head slowly in sad remembrance of the [url=conversation][/url] that Septon Arlyn had with Ser Theomore yesterday.

The Warrior stands before the foe, protecting us where e'er we go. With sword and shield and spear and bow, he guards the little children.

"
Ser Theomore, I also charge you with defending the weak. Only by noble service to the small folk may true contrition be shown. By protecting those who are weaker then yourself and shielding them with your reputation and skill at arms, you may show the realm that you have become penitent for your inaction to protect them. By doing so you may inspire others to be truthful, "

The Crone is very wise and old, and sees our fates as they unfold. She lifts her lamp of shining gold to lead the little children.

"
I also charge you, Ser Theomore, with finding a page. Your squire is coming at the end of his taining and so you must find a new lordling from a noble house to pass on the knowledge you have learned. Someone who you will aspire to show the proper way to be a knight. To show them how to be courteous and kind. For any man can learn to wield a sword, but with the blessing of the crone you will teach That young lad on how to be a proper knight, to know when to use the sword, and when to use their words."
You are a master of wordplay, hopefully a young mind will press you to change your ways. As acting poorly in front of a young Lord is sure to get back to his family, and if a great family can not keep Ser Theomore in line then I do not know what else will. Besides, perhaps It will also bring out the good in Ser Theomore as he finds his hands no longer Idle, for Idle hands are the strangers plaything.

The Smith, he labors day and night, to put the world of men to right. With hammer, plow, and fire bright, he builds for little children.

"
Ser Theomore, in the name of the smith I urge you to develop your other talents. Perhaps in learning to carve wooden figures, till a field, or sing in the Sept, you can humble yourself to the level of the small folk. Humbling yourself to the level of the smallfolk will enable you to better understand their plight and empathize with their struggles. You can learn much from the crofters huts and farmers barns, perhaps your high standing has clouded your vision of how your actions can change the fates to those who are weak."
This is my hope at least. It might do well to give Ser Theomore a soothing activity such as wood working to calm his troubled mind after seeing all those smallfolk be consumed by Prince Aemonds dragon.

The Maiden dances through the sky, she lives in every lover's sigh. Her smiles teach the birds to fly, and gives dreams to little children.

"
Ser Theomore, in the name of the maid I must ask that you find a women to marry. You have lived to long a a bachelor knight and as your charge as a Knight you should seek to never despoil a beautiful flower and righteously smite those who whom would seek to torture or desecrate the innocent. You have been unmarried for too long. You should settle yourself with a fine women so that the temptation of the flesh will no longer cause you to have a straying eye."
Septon Arlyn looks at the Knight. "
I Have heard of you courting Lady Floreta Frey. This is well and good but you must move more swiftly, for the longer you remain unmarried the more wild speculation will become that you have unnatural tastes, or do not wish to be with only one women, as some of the rumours about Lady Kerry Bracken were to be believed. I counsel you strongly to complete this marriage, I will even speak to Lord Tullison about it if you are in need of me to. Along with Marring a bride and stopping unrighteous thoughts and whispers of the smallfolk, you should reaffirm your vows to protect the innocent, and do a great deed for protecting the virtue of the Innocent. "

The Stranger meekly stalks the night. His shadows bring about comforting light, His caress brings smiles in the end, be brings sleep to the little children

"
Ser Theomore, in the name of the stranger I charge you with being merciful in the dealing of final judgement. It takes a strong man to avoid the temptation to torture others if they feel that person would have done the same to them, but it is your duty as a knight to stand against such atrocities, and counsel against using torturers. It is often that torture does not bring about the truth, but the truth of what the torturer wishes to hear, which is not the same as the truth and light of the seven."
Septon Arlyn says these last words in a more hushed tone, but not lacking in righteous justification.

Septon Arlyn finally finishes and looks to Ser Theomore. The cool air keeps the Septon from sweating, but he can feel the flush in his cheeks at giving Ser Theomore his last charge. With a ruddy glow the Septon looks to Ser Theomore and sees how his words and charges affected the knight.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:32 pm

Theomore sits patiently, that was quite a bit to take in.

"
It is not supposed to be easy, is it?"
he scratches his neck. "
I shall have one thing to say though, I will not take a wife because it is good for me, I will take a wife because it is required of me, I am born a Tullison, and while that gives me privileges most men would give their lives to bestow upon their sons, it comes with duties. Those duties includes that my marriage will be a union that benefits Mountain's Reach more than the alternative, if I serve my lord nephew better by not marrying at all, then such is my duty. And neither you nor I should attempt to sway him on this matter just because it would be better for me."
But a knowing smile does come next. "
However, things have long since been set in motion that I believe will make your wish come true."

"
And I believe you to be mistaken about these sellswords, a group that took such pains to only leave false clues as to their identity and whereabouts are not like to ruin that work by interacting with the locals. These men are experienced soldiers that knows the value of discipline. Pennytree will give you nothing, I fear. I would look for signs of their passage at Maidenpool, and pray that was where they were headed, it is only a guess, but a good one, I think."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:03 pm

"
Aye, then I will travel there immediately after this tournament is done. It may be that my family can help me find these sell swords."
I wonder how my family would receive me. It has been many years sense I have seen them. "
I may have to draft you a letter stating your willingness to change, as well as all of the help, your honesty in explaining what you know."
or don't know"
about the second Pennytree attack, to take with you to the trial. For I think you are correct, the longer that I wait before following up with these cavalry, the more likely they are to disappear into the shadows."
Septon Arlyn frowns at the thought.

"
Perhaps you know of someone in Madienpool as well? Maybe a knight or lord whom you have broken bread with. An honorable man that would assist me in bringing the rouge bandits to justice?"
Asks Septon Arlyn.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:11 pm

"
I do know a few men in Maidenpool, yes. Some among your own family, perhaps?"
Theomore does indeed, and to his knowledge that was where a certain other man might be found. "
Though I am not sure if the honorable ones are those best able to aid you, septon."

"
There is a thing that puzzles me though."
Theomore gives the septon a discerning look. "
Say that you find these men. How will you bring them to justice?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Septon Arlyn looks up to Ser Thomore from the spot on the ground where he had been staring. The Septons normally chubby countenance seemed nearly gaunt and haunted from the face that Ser Theomore had seen a week ago. Septon Arlyn turns slightly away, his shoulders slumping slightly in defeat. He asks a very pointed question. What Do I plan on doing to bring these Bandits to justice. I was nearly killed by those four bandits in the woods, even with Luecian's help at the beginning of the week I was still injured badly. I am not blessed with the gifts of the warrior.

[size=200:2uldbeu6]we will help you

The Septon straightens, his back turning to iron before Ser Theomore and his eyes begin to clear and he looks at the knight seriously. "
The gods will provide a way, if they have gone to maidenpool, and if I can find them,"
Septon Arlyn's iron turns to steel. "
Then I will have to convince some local Lord to assist me. For I am merely an instrument in the hands of the gods. If my life should be ended by these foul murderers, then my blood will stand as testimony against them. If they choose not to come peacefully, and they do end up harming me, then no doubt the King will hear of it. For it was the kings father who promised to protect the Faith so that the Faith would lay down their weapons. So if the king will avenge my death, else the gods will seek payment."

Septon Arlyn let's the words settle, the finality of his fate confirmed with this charge he gave himself, before continuing.

"
We all make choices Ser Theomore, my life is not my own. We have failed these people of battle valley, and that does not sit well on my soul. I have vowed to find peace for those here in battle valley, and I hope that my actions will bring peace for those families who lost loved ones in the cowardly raid, while the houses under the kings banner sat by in there camp and those bandits escaped. I seek to right this wrong."

Septon Arlyn gave a sly smile.

"
As am knight I'm sure you can understand my feelings."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:57 pm

"
In my recollection, the last man who spoke with such conviction about guidance from the gods died momentarily after."
Theomore gives a shrug. "
Septon Weyls likes to remind my lord nephew that there is a long line of young men awaiting to pass through the gates of heaven who believed that the gods would provide them everything since their cause was a righteous one."

"
I suspect, septon, that twenty men need not harm you, they can simply push you away and go about their business. And if you do manage to convince the local lord to dispatch sufficient forces to make an arrest, do promise me to stay well behind these men."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:15 pm

Septon Arlyn smiles at Ser Theomore's concern. "
Of course I will stand behind them."
if I even have 20 men to stand behind. "
but my goal is simply to capture one first. For if I can capture one and have him tell of his involvement to the Mooton's, then it would surely be an easier time getting the men needed to capture the rest."
Septon Arlyn speaks with confidence, but his nonverbal cues hint at worry with his plan even as he stated it. my family was raised to knighthood from the madness of one of the Mooton's ancestors, and from the misfortune that my father's house has had some of the Mooton's still think that was a mistake. But hopefully my charge as a Septon will give them more reason to head my words. "
at very least I will speak to the people I used to know and see if they might be able to help."
Replies Septon Arlyn.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:02 pm

"
And you can find a man that you can be certain of his complicity and then capture him, just like that?"
Theomore does not say it out loud, but the feeling that the septon might end up in one of those cookpots in flea bottom Raff had joked about taking just about anything did creep up on him...and Theomore was not entirely convinced that Raff had said it in jest. They probably did not have that sort of thing in Maidenpool, but thugs in back alleys, oh yes. They even had that in Pennytree, or so he had been told.

"
I wonder, septon, if I might direct you to a man of some talent when it comes to making discreet inquiries, I have reason to believe he might be found at the Red Salmon in Maidenpool, the innkeeper can take a letter of introduction from me if he's there. If rumor is to be believed, good septon, the men you seek will learn of your search long before you learn anything about their whereabouts."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:29 pm

"
Any help would be much appreciated Ser Theomore. I think that with their head start, and lack of pursuit immediately after the attacks, that they may be less on guard now. Making it easier to not get caught. As well as a band of 20 or so men will also be more noticeable then a wagon with two. For Ser Walton has seen it fit that I be accompanied by a man from house Dulver on this little adventure."
Septon Arlyn can barely restrain rolling his eyes. "
States that the roads are far too dangerous to travel alone."
Septon Arlyn sighs. "
There used to be a time when a man could walk the riverlands with not more then a brown robe and the word of Faith to keep him safe. My how the times have changed."
I wonder if my actions and the death of the millers had anything to do with that? wonders Septon Arlyn silently, the memories of that night brought a dull ache to the Septon's injury, one from all those years ago.

"
I am aware of the dangers of clandestine operations Ser Theomore. Just because the gods are with me does not mean that I can accomplish this task by myself. So any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated, even if it is putting me in contact with a Goodman you know."
Septon Arlyn finishes.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:17 am

"
A goodman?"
Theomore finds that description somewhat humorous. "
He is of no particular high character, or I am a poor judge of person, but give him coin and he is loyal enough. I shall write the letter."

"
I must ask though, septon, will you stop at the sword, or will you then search for the hand who wielded it?."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:30 am

well that is an interesting question. What do I plan on doing if it turns out that I find out who ordered the cavalry to attack Penny trees the second time. the Septon gives set Theomore a curious look, do I trust him enough to tell? If I don't tell him, will he guess my intention? Do I even know what my intentions are?

[size=200:1iuej5xq] yes, you do

The interrupting thought have Septon Arlyn a pause, but I don't yet trust him to help me completely. I feel he knows more then he is telling me, and until such a time as he is completely honest with me I don't know if I can trust him not to try and impede me

With a sigh the Septon says, "
I don't know."
But severely lacking in the conviction that his tone normally implies.
[url=Lying to Ser Theomore day 7 green knight black Septon][/url]: 3d6 13
[url=Lying to Ser Theomore day 7 green knight black Septon reroll 6s][/url]: 2d6 7

Empathy TN 8, dos matter, will pm reader if you wish to investigate further
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:48 am

[url=awareness(empathy)][/url]: 5d6k4 11
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down