Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D6] Seeing The Seer (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D6] Seeing The Seer (Closed) Empty [D6] Seeing The Seer (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:07 pm

[ooc: Backdated with Reader's permission, as this is a short interaction that has no bearing on proceedings.]

Passing by the royal encampment, Corrine spots a familiar face. One she was not sure if she'd ever see again. She rode over at a trot, Ser Markus hurrying after her.

"
Alys!"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D6] Seeing The Seer (Closed) Empty Re: [D6] Seeing The Seer (Closed)

Post by Reader Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:15 pm

[OOC: placeholder. Rare time-warp allowed as Corrine didn't know Alys was present (was tacked on to NPC post without being announced. I'm sneaky.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:48 pm

Alys Rivers lagged a yard or two behind the purposefully striding Prince Aemond. The Dragon was wroth at what he had learned and was intent on returning to King's Landing on Vhagar's back to call the banner.

While still little more than a girl and with her eyes shyly cast downwards, Alys was in a happier condition than when Corrine had last seen her. Indeed, Alys's long black hair had a healthy shine that many true-born noblewomen would envy.

Hearing her name Alys looked up meekly and smiled in recognition, eyes darting furtively towards Aemond, her Prince briefly distracted by Ser Arryk Cargyll of the Kingsguard.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:34 am

Corrine approaches with a cautious glance toward Aemond, but smiles warmly at Alys.

"
I'm not sure if you remember me. I'm Lady Corrine Marsten. We met briefly at Riverrun, last year. You said you had a vision. You made a... prediction. I just wanted to tell you that you were right. And I wanted to thank you for your insight. It has brought my husband &
I much joy. I had wondered how you were, but was not sure if a letter would have been welcome."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:57 am

"
I remember."
Eyes still downcast, meek or a show of meekness to placate others.

"
I remember things before they are yet to happen, but to it is as if it were but a day past."

One hand dreamily draw an arc across Corrine horizontally, the other plays with Alys's dark hair nervously.

"
One heart not yours still remains to you, and more yet to come. You know what I saw. You trust I was right."

She swallows.

"
I am not mad?"

It is a nervous question, not a statement of defiance.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:43 pm

Corrine smiles kindly at the awkward, intense girl.

"
I don't think you're mad at all. I believe the Gods have blessed you with foresight. Many would envy such a gift."

She glances warily in Aemond's direction.

"
Is that why he keeps you with him?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:12 pm

The hands stop playing with hair at Corrine's affirmation of Alys's "
gift"
and a nervous half-smile forms.

At the gesture towards the Prince Alys looked up, speaking with true conviction now, the fierce defiance of an infatuated teenager.

"
He loves me. The Prince and your husband saved me at Riverrun."

[OOC: Awareness (empathy) TN 13]

She attempted to keep her voice down, so as not to draw her Prince's attention. Ser Arryk was gesturing an animated fashion, drawing out some battle plan in the mud with his longsword.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:07 pm

[url=Awareness (Empathy) +1DP][/url]: 4d6 16

[ooc: I'd like to factor the result into Corrine's reply, so I'm doing the roll first.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Corrine looks at Alys with concern.

Poor girl.

"
Ben was glad to have helped you, Alys. He and I only wish we could have done more. We believe in protecting the innocent."

She steps closer, lowering her voice.

"
Alys, listen carefully. I see that you have strong emotions about him, but I also see fear in you. He has much more power than you. I am concerned for what will happen if you displease him. He is known for having a violent temper, and Ben &
I would hate for you to come to any harm."

She gently takes Alys' hand.

"
I can't tell you what to feel, but from what I can see, this love may be dangerous for you. Love should not be fearful or controlling. Think on it. And, if ever he hurts you, or intimidates you, and you need help, I will be there for you. Either get a message to me at Hartshorn, or, if you are in immediate danger, come straight to us."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:00 am

A quick, fretful nod and then the eyes search for ants once more. Does the Lady speak true? Am I but an insect to him?

"
Write me."

That defiant tone again.

"
I may not have a family name, but I am lettered."

Prince Aemond shakes hands with Ser Arryk, and calls for Alys to join him. Seeing her hesitation, she strides off toward her, taking her forearm in a firm grip, but not an unkind one. He regards Corrine with haughty disdain, fleeting recognition playing across his face and making no attempt to hide his dislike. She is but a bug to him, as all within Westeros are when on Dragonback. High lords or low born bastard. All are just bugs when you have dragonfire.

Before he can drag her to Vhagar, Alys manages a few snatched final words with Corrine.

"
Call on me if you are ever in the capital."

Not us.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:29 am

Corrine lets go of Alys' hand swiftly as Aemond strides up, not wanting to get her in trouble, or attract further ire from the Prince. She regards Aemond's single eye with cool disdain, determined not to seem intimidated.

When Alys whispers for her to write, Corrine only just manages to mouth "
I will,"
before Alys is hauled off by Aemond.

Merciful Mother and Maiden, keep her safe.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:50 am

Aemond and Alys depart, her eyes downcast once more, the Prince's arm protectively or possessively around her shoulders as they young couple make ready to depart for King's Landing on the terrifying Vhagar.

[/scene]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down