Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8, MN] Expedition to Treasure Island [Closed]

+5
Septon Arlyn
Baelon Drakeson
Terren Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver
Yoren longshore
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D8, MN] Expedition to Treasure Island [Closed] Empty [D8, MN] Expedition to Treasure Island [Closed]

Post by Davain Bartheld Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:02 pm

The hour was late, the treaty over and done with, and the parties were ready to leave for their respected home in the morning, but one last matter remained. Davain was dressed in a black leather jerkin, overlooking a map on a table in the center of the pavilion. The tent was completely empty save for Davain and Maester Fourthwind as they awaited their guest. He had dispatched messages to other lords who have shown interest in his proposal, summoning them to his tent before everyone went home.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

[D8, MN] Expedition to Treasure Island [Closed] Empty Re: [D8, MN] Expedition to Treasure Island [Closed]

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:59 am

Yoren arrives shortly after receiving the message. "
Good day Davain, a pleasure seeing you again."
He greets Davain before he sits down.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

[D8, MN] Expedition to Treasure Island [Closed] Empty Re: [D8, MN] Expedition to Treasure Island [Closed]

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:11 pm

Shortly after Yoren, also Dulvers arrived: Ser Walton in assistance of guard's captain- Ser Garred Mountfort. Few other Dulver soldiers accompanied them, but only two first approached pavillion. First, they nodded to guards standing outside, then entered and greeted highly-born men awaiting them

"
Lord Yoren, Lord Davain. Middle of the night gives birth to great ideas, I suppose?"
, asked Walton, while Ser Garred only gave slight bow, as he was soldiers short in courtesy. "
Are we waiting for someone else?"

Both were clothed casually, in leathers, but both had swords with them: at Garred's belt was hanging longsword, and on Walton's back was placed greatsword, as it seemed best option for young heir of Dulvers, after he noticed Bartheld's interest in that kind of weapon before.
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:37 am

Davain gave a nod of greeting to the two men as they enter, moving to greet them with a firm hand shake. "
My Lords Yoren and Walton. Thank you for coming so late. While this expeditions is months off and more planning must be done before we set sail, I thought I would give you to a chance to see that what we are after is true."
He waves his hand towards the table. "
This is the map that I have been ranting about. I have also invited Lords Ereth and Baelon, but you two can get started."
Giving Yoren a glance and taking in a more serious tone. "
I know you and Lord Baelon have your differences, I hope you and him can set them aside when it comes to this trips. While I much rather have you and your ships, I afraid we might need his navy also."
Taking a more cheerful tone "
Well here it is, take as much time as you like."

Knowledge (Education) TN 9 Knowledge
Cunning (Decipher) TN 9 Cunning
Language (Any) TN 9 Language

[OCC: Don’t worry Walton, Davain will not be offended by you having your weapon with you. As a fellow warrior he now that sometimes is better safe than sorry to carry a weapon around with you.}

As the Lords peruse the map, Davain also gives it a look in case Nathaniel or Maester Fourthwind missed anything.
[url=Cunning Map][/url]: 4d6k3 17
Spending a destiny Point to add +1B

Spending a destiny Point to add +1B
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:42 pm

Ser Walton and Ser Garred couldn't read anything useful from the map, so Walton just asked "
Do You have a copy we could take with us, so men from our household could study it also?"
Both Dulvers studied it for short moment, then Walton continued "
I believe that You already checked the map properly, Lord Davain? What can You say us about the expedition? What are profits and risks, which suggested You to gather party from so many Houses?"
. Dulvers were curious, but also were trying to read something from Bartheld's behaviour- is he saying everything, without ommiting any informations...

[url=Awareness][/url]: 3d6 16 [i]

[OOC: Well, I thought no other Dulver will jump into thread, so rolled by myself... anyway, please just count Terren's and Septon's rolls as +1 from Walton :;
): ]

Last edited by 179 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:16 pm

Ereth is announced as he is walking into the tent "
Forgive my tardiness, I was sleeping already when I received the invitation, but I'm here now"
the moment his eyes gazed upon the map Ereth looked like a child with a new toy "
Interesting! Is this the map you acquired lord Davain?"
touching the map as if he could feel the difference in terrain features like a god would passing his hand over the land and thinking already how he would approach and bring down or defend such place. Yet the map felt akward, like some details were missing and some areas unclear to Ereth, perhaps he was still sleepy, but then again this is not the best of maps either.

[url=Knowledge (Education)][/url]: 4d6k3 12 - 1 DoS
[url=Cunning (Logic)][/url]: 3d6 8 - Fail
[url=Language][/url]: 3d6 12 - 1 DoS

[ooc]Oops, put Logic for Cunning but the dicepool is the same 3d6 so the result is the same, I do have a DP I can use to turn it into a DoS if everyone doesn't pass all rolls[/ooc]

Last edited by 193 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Terren Dulver Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:22 pm

Having been informed his brother is going on an expedition, Terren decided to join the men planning this journey. Terren bows courteously and then says: "
I have been informed you are going on an adventure on the basis of a certain map, if possible I would like to take a look at that map."
Terren will wait a few seconds, seeing no one intervene, he will then take a look at the map.
[url=knowledge education coordinate][/url]: 5d6 18 2DoS +3 to septons roll
[url=Cunning][/url]: 4d6 13 1DoS
[url=Language][/url]: 3d6 15 2DoS

Last edited by 199 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

Terren Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:42 pm

Walton nodded kindly to Terren with words "
Good to see You, Terren. Have a look at the map and tell us what You see, brother."
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:53 pm

"
Welcome, feel free to take a look."
Davain said to Ereth and Terren. Taking a seat and letting the others take a look over the map, he finally got down the business. "
I'm sorry Ser Walton, but I don't have another map. If you are attending Lord Ereth's wedding, I will bring the map with me and they can look over it there. As for treasure the map is vague. It just details an ancient treasure and an artifact. While I do not know what this artifact is, it is the only thing I want. House Bartheld has wealth, this artifact will gain me renown and show that I will succeed in leading House Bartheld in a new direction, something gold cannot buy. The island is defended by the son of an Admiral Sharako Lohar, a pirate lord. It is said that the boy is rash and looking to step out of his father's shadow. While this means that combat will most likely be inevitable, this could prove his down fall. Four lords make a tempting target and we might be able to draw him out of his castle to fight us on even ground. The ships under his command are a mix of veteran and green pirates (A unit of both veteran and green warships.). Lord Yoren has pledge ships, but do you believe this will be enough? On land he has a garrison of a few hundred foot soldiers (20 power in total.). I will be bring my personal guard and at least 100 foot (16 power), but if fortunes grant it, I hope to bring more. While I do not know how much wealth we will find, the castle is a pirate stronghold and bound to hold their plunder if we take the castle. The map also contains information that will benefit House Drakeson's shipping routes. If Lord Baelon refuses to assist us, we can trade this knowledge to help fund our expedition. This is the extent of my knowledge, hopefully someone found other information that I have missed."

[Not sure if I need to roll a deception check if I'm disclosing all my character knows.]
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:23 am

"
If Lord Drakeson does not wish to assist, I would gladly put forth my engineers that can crack that castle open with the right tools and repair it"
looking at Yoren and Davain "
Of course, this castle would be an interesting treasure in itself for whoever wishes to hold on to it, and I don't mind doing so, as long as I get the support of the Longshores to have some warships and skilled men to protect the sea. The realm would be better without such scoundrels"
Not to mention House Redwain extended holdings and if it's a decent castle might even move thereand of course the added fame to my House and name.

"
Of course, we can settle this after a lengthy discussion and sign a proper document so that no one feels cheated or wronged somehow. At least an exchange of tapestries or shield to each House of this symbolic alliance if you choose to go also"
Rather important that House Redwain sigil be displayed in others Houses
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:23 pm

[OOC: just an FYI that I am not ignoring this thread - just trying to get some other relevant stuff wrapped up - I hope to make an IC post soon.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:50 pm

Septon Arlyn arrives with the other Dulver's but remains quiet through the talking, intently studying the map and listening to the discussion that Terren and Garred and Ser Walton were having. He remembered hearing something in particular about this area and was trying to coordinate what the others were saying with what he remembered.

[url=knowledge education treasure island house Dulver][/url]: 7d6k4 19 with Walton's assist and Terren's coordinate that brings it up to 22

[url=Cunning decipher treasure island day 8 coordinate Terren][/url]: 4d6 15 +3 to cunning

[url=Language coordinate Terren day 8 treasure island][/url]: 4d6 10 +2 to language

Last edited by 167 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:40 pm

Yoren studies the map, but he has little to say, his expertise was languages, he knew little else of the area.

[url=Knowledge education][/url]: 4d6k3 15
[url=language][/url]: 3d6 8
[url=cunning][/url]: 3d6 10

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:46 pm

The sound of hoofbeats - almost lost in the squelch of mud and the relentless drumbeat of rain on canvas - heralds the arrival of another.

The door flap opens and a young man in Drakeson livery steps in and bows to the assembly.
"
Pardon me m'lords,"
he says, clearly trying - though not fully succeeding- to erase the trace of a smallfolk upbringing from his words. "
Milord and Lady say they have retired for the night and express their regret that they are unable to attend. However, Lord Davain Bartheld is cor'jally invited to join House Drakeson in breaking their fast in the morning, and to conduct business at that time."

He bows again, and waits for a reply to bring to his lord and lady.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:23 pm

"
Inform Lord Baelon that I will join him in breaking our fast in morning."
Turning his attention to the rest of the party. "
I will of course make sure everyone is informed of what happenes at this meeting."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:58 pm

[Sufficient DoS here to confirm the truth of what Lord Bartheld informs you of, but does not reveal any additional information]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:18 pm

[OOC: Sorry for the thread necromancy, but rather than creating a whole new thread fora handful of posts that should have already happened, I figured it would be better/cleaner to put it here]

The next morning, as the camps are being packed up for departure, Lord and Lady Drakeson host Lord Davain for breakfast, along with Maester Leopold. While they eat they consider Lord Davain's map...

[OOC: Maester Leo tests with assists by Baelon. Gwyn will be coordinating, so these results are not final.

[url=Knowledge(Education)][/url]: 6d6k4+1 18 vs. TN 9
[url=Cunning (Decipher)][/url]: 5d6k4+1 16 vs. TN 9
[url=Language (Any)][/url]: 4d6+1 15 vs. TN 9
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:28 pm

Gwyn is as courteous and charming as ever with Lord Davain, but her attention is quickly captured by the map. She works with both the maester and Baelon, making sure that the old man's mutterings are understood, and making sure that Baelon always has something to do, to keep him engaged and not frustrated. However, she was so fascinated with the old document herself that her efforts were not as helpful as they might have been...

[url=Will (Coordinate) for Map Reading][/url]: 4d6 12

[url=Will (Coordinate) for map reading (Cunning)][/url]: 4d6 11

[url=Will (Coordinate) for Map Reading (language)][/url]: 4d6 9

(lol...wow, that progression was really terrible...sorry guys! Mad )
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:46 pm

[OOC: Good enough, I think, Gwyn. Numbers below final assuming Davain does not also assist (a +1 on the Cunning and a +2 on the Language would each garner an additional DoS)

1 DoS on each coordinate adds +2 to each test.

[url=Knowledge(Education)][/url]: 6d6k4+1 18 +2 = 20 vs. TN 9, 3 DoS
[url=Cunning (Decipher)][/url]: 5d6k4+1 16 +2 = 18 vs. TN 9, 2 DoS
[url=Language (Any)][/url]: 4d6+1 15 +2 = 17 vs. TN 9, 2 DoS

7 DoS total.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:32 pm

[OOC: Baelon can we move our breakfest to a new thread? There are things I would still like to go over with the first group and it would be to confusing running two meetings in the same thread.
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:47 pm

"
So I hope your findings have confirmed that I have been upfront and honest with everyone. A scouting report of the island is still needed so unless anyone has any suryvers they are willing to lend I will just hire a mercenary company to do it for us. We have rumors of their numbers at sea and on land. If everything works out as I hope, Yoren and Lord Baelon can defeat them at sea while Dulver, Redwain, and Bartheld forces can defeat them on land. I hope to bring 200 men myself plus siegemasters to help storm they the castle. If Ser Walton and Lord Ereth can each pledge a hundred or two men, there no reason we will not win with ease."
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:54 pm

[OOC: Sure, no problem. Sorry about that, I thought you were wrapped up.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:04 pm

[OOC: All good. Send me the link and Davain and Ayleth will be there.]
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Davain Bartheld Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:55 am

[Bump so we can move this along and get to the expedition.]
Davain Bartheld
Davain Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:23 pm

"
Don't be too certain of yourself. Just because they seem weak doesn't mean that they are. I'd advise us to not jump to any conclusions until we ourselves can see their troops."
Yoren reminds them gently.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next