Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8, ME] After the Judgment (Closed)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[D8, ME] After the Judgment (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D8, ME] After the Judgment (Closed)

Post by Nathaniel Mason Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:13 pm

"
The vast majority of brothels simply sell sex, my Lady. Women slowly being used up for a few coppers. They are grotesque."

"
To me, what we do is a service, no different than a farmer, tailor or blacksmith;
and like those professions, requires both skill and talent to be good at. There are many who would scoff at us thinking ourselves artisans, but that is always by those who refuse or disdain our services. The fact that most of my competition has reduced the profession to such a demeaned state does not help."

"
To some I sell fantasy;
clients who have unusual desires and wish to indulge them safely. To some I sell opportunity;
clients who have reticent wives or young noblemen who want intimacy without the fear of making a bastard. To some I sell experience;
clients who want their first few times to be with someone who will guide them without judgement."

"
People who come to the Boar think they want sex, but that is usually the least of what they want. My establishment is not cheap, and sex freely gained if that is all they truly wanted. My prices are high, not only because I want to make a well earned profit, but because I want my clients to value the services we offer. Women who are sold for coppers are valued even less."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

[D8, ME] After the Judgment (Closed) - Page 2 Empty Re: [D8, ME] After the Judgment (Closed)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:19 am

"
See, that is exactly why I am intrigued, and why I respect you so greatly. Integrity. Compassion. Wisdom. I may not run a house of pleasure, but I aspire to those same qualities as a leader. In your way, you too are a leader."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:14 am

"
Remember that most have low expectations of me, so it is easy to exceed them."
Nathan smiles. "
I think you have done very well so far. You have not been shy to act when necessary, and have staltworthy stood your ground when needed. Certainly you may have done certain things differently in hindsight, but who wouldn't."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:23 am

"
Are there things you would have done differently?"
she enquires, her head tilting curiously.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:32 am

"
I would not presume to second guess you, my Lady. Probably, if only because we are different people."

"
I might have arranged for a royal presence to monitor the treaty and settle disputes between the two Houses. I expect they will return to their feud the moment they have seen our backs. Perhaps you have, but I do not recall that in the documents."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:43 am

"
I meant in your own life,"
Corrine clarifies, a little embarrassed.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:01 am

Nathan sat back and pondered the question, giving the seriousness it deserved.

"
I would have to say, no."

"
Don't get me wrong. I have had my fair share of misfortune. Some might say more than my share for someone my age. But each of those misfortunes were accompanied by opportunities. It would be hypocritical of me to enjoy the good things I have in my life and regret the price that was attached."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:52 am

Corrine nods in understanding.

"
It is hard to believe that you are younger than I. Your wisdom and insight make me feel like a callow child, at times. I say that with great awe and affection, I hasten to add."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:33 am

"
Wisdom always comes at the cost of innocence, my Lady. Nothing in life is earned without a price. Sometimes the price of taking the left road is simply not taking the right. Sometimes the price is much higher.

Your position has protected you from some of the hardships most others face, but it also confers burdens that most others do not understand. I am sure there are many insights that you have that I do not, simply because your experiences are vastly different than mine."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:55 am

"
And we have made a good team in the past,"
Corrine smiles. "
If you ever wish to right wrongs collaboratively again, I'd gladly do so. Likewise, if ever I can be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to ask."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:25 am

"
I will keep that in mind. Currently I am trying to render aid to the Dalefords. They were instrumental in putting down the Faith Militant, but at great cost. Lord Daleford lost several sons in that conflict, leaving only one son and a daughter. Neither did they receive much recognition or reward from the Crown for their sacrifices.

I had hoped to garner them some aid in the treaty, but that did not bear fruit, so I am doing what little I can on my own initiative. Also, it seems the daughter has gone missing. The Dalefords are a sterling example that no good deed seems to go unpunished."
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:05 pm

"
I heard about the kidnap of the young lady. I am personally joining the search for her. That House has suffered too much."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2