Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8, LE] The Lady Commands

2 posters

Go down

[D8, LE] The Lady Commands Empty [D8, LE] The Lady Commands

Post by Samurel Manderly Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:41 am

Samurel Kept a close watch to the pavilion entrance;
earlier that evening there was talk between his lady and the Septon, Maidenpool, something about knights and their movements. Nothing that particularly concerned Sam, paying more attention to the expressions and emotions of both the Septon and his lady rather then their words.

Sam suspected she referenced himself when volunteering someone for the task, and he eagerly awaited her arrival, surely she had more for Sam to do then simple eyes for a Septon.

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

[D8, LE] The Lady Commands Empty Re: [D8, LE] The Lady Commands

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:41 am

Corrine eventually appears, and smiles at Sam. She beckons for him to follow her, and leads him into her private tent.

"
Sam, I am going to send you with the Septon to Maidenpool,"
she announces.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Corrine eventually appears, and smiles at Sam. She beckons for him to follow her, and leads him into her private tent.

"
Sam, I am going to send you with the Septon to Maidenpool,"
she announces.

"
I gathered that much my lady, though as I suspect, this won't be simply to assist the Septon in his task."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:35 am

"
Do, by all means, be of assistance to the Septon, within reason. Don't do anything that will compromise yourself or House Marsten, but I'm sure that goes without saying. However, I want you to observe the Septon, and learn as much as you can about House Dulver's doings. This week has shown me that they are a bunch of Green troublemakers, and I want us to be better prepared for any shenanigans they may be planning. I'll leave it to you to judge whether to disguise yourself or not. I will back whatever play you wish to make."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:44 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:"
Do, by all means, be of assistance to the Septon, within reason. Don't do anything that will compromise yourself or House Marsten, but I'm sure that goes without saying. However, I want you to observe the Septon, and learn as much as you can about House Dulver's doings. This week has shown me that they are a bunch of Green troublemakers, and I want us to be better prepared for any shenanigans they may be planning. I'll leave it to you to judge whether to disguise yourself or not. I will back whatever play you wish to make."

"
As the Lady Commands, so shall it be... I'll leave with the Septon. I'll be back in little more then a fortnight at Hartshorn, I don't expect too much trouble with either task. Take care of yourself my Lady. I'll make any preparations with the men I've recruited to meet you at Hartshorn... please allow them to lodge in a secluded... wouldn't want Isobel or any others finding them..."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:47 am

"
My my! You've been a busy bee, my dear,"
Corrine chuckles slyly. "
I shall arrange for them to have their own quarters. How many are we expecting? If you can provide me with a brief list of names, that would be ideal. And let me know which disguise you decide to use, if any, so that I can maintain verisimilitude. It may not come up, but one should be prepared."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:00 am

My my! You've been a busy bee, my dear,"
Corrine chuckles slyly. "
I shall arrange for them to have their own quarters. How many are we expecting? If you can provide me with a brief list of names, that would be ideal. And let me know which disguise you decide to use, if any, so that I can maintain verisimilitude. It may not come up, but one should be prepared."

A slightly raised side smile shone through his face

"
Well I do have my duty as the title you've bestowed on me, and I am but one man do it all myself... I'll ready a list of names and descriptors for you before I leave, do burn it when you are done with it, rather not have someone with that information. You should expect six, not the most, well, proper lot, but they do have talents I can use, and they seem to like me enough... I'll introduce myself as my own self, if someone asks why, well tell them we are friends and that I owed you a favor. my time apart from the household should be more then enough to ensure that facade is kept honest and true."

Sam takes a moment to pause, casually swallowing whatever liquid built up in his mouth as he spoke.

"
I'll be returning to set the household right you know... some Servants or Guardsmen may not meet my expectations... it is not my place to decide what should be done with those who do not... As head of the house I believe you should start thinking of what should be done... and any consequences of the choice you make. whatever it is, it shall be carried out... but as it stands, seeing what a single man turning traitor in a household could do, I will not stand by and let any of those kinds of seeds sprout or flourish."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:28 am

"
Your loyalty does you great credit, Sam. I will think on what procedures to put in place for staff that do not pass muster."

She briefly looks concerned, a crack in her poised façade.

"
When you return, there is another thing I must ask of you. Something... a little unsavoury. I want you to investigate Lady Isobel. Quietly. She has been having some dealings that lead me to be concerned about her loyalties."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:35 am

Your loyalty does you great credit, Sam. I will think on what procedures to put in place for staff that do not pass muster."

She briefly looks concerned, a crack in her poised façade.

"
When you return, there is another thing I must ask of you. Something... a little unsavoury. I want you to investigate Lady Isobel. Quietly. She has been having some dealings that lead me to be concerned about her loyalties."

Sam breaks his own facade as well, showing concern with raised eyebrows and a softened tone.

"
The heads of households need to make hard choices my lady, it is only my concern that you should go hard from it...
I am loyal because this family is loyal to me, it is more a home then my family ever felt like..."

looking towards the ground, Sam chews a nonexistent swish of spirits.

"
My own concerns as well... I will do this"

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:51 am

She places a slender hand upon his shoulder.

"
Thank you. I know I do not ask easy things of you, but I know you want this House to thrive as much as I do, and you desire to protect it as much as I. In turn, I wish to protect and reward those who serve well. If there is anything you need, you have but to ask."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:04 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:She places a slender hand upon his shoulder.

"
Thank you. I know I do not ask easy things of you, but I know you want this House to thrive as much as I do, and you desire to protect it as much as I. In turn, I wish to protect and reward those who serve well. If there is anything you need, you have but to ask."

Taking her hand off his shoulder and standing up, he places his hand on her shoulder

"
...Do not become so hard that your edges cut you."

With that Sam heads to a makeshift table with parchment and ink.

"
... I should begin that list of your my lady. None of them are a terrible sort, no truly sadistic in the bunch, but I wouldn't keep the nice clothing or jewels around them either."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:14 am

"
I see. Very well. They shall be housed away from anything important, but you should know that, if they commit crimes against us, they shall be treated like anyone else in the circumstances."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:17 am

I see. Very well. They shall be housed away from anything important, but you should know that, if they commit crimes against us, they shall be treated like anyone else in the circumstances."

a short chuckle slips Sam's lips

"
Ofcourse, I'll be sure to keep them well behaved."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:19 am

"
Impress upon them that House Marsten rewards loyalty, and punishes iniquity."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:25 am

Impress upon them that House Marsten rewards loyalty, and punishes iniquity."

"
I intend to do that with all who serve the family, not just those under me, my Lady... as you so wish it, I will make it to my best abilities..."

Quickly jotting down the names on the piece of paper alongside their mannerisms, he hands it to Corrine.

"
He they are, they won't be at Hartshorn for long, I'll be taking them to Essos with me once I'm done. there is much work that needs to be done there...
You should go soon my Lady, I suspect others will wish your presence sooner rather then later, and you need your rest, my work is of the moonlit oil...
I assume you'll inform Kevan and Ben where I have gone?"

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:28 am

She takes the list, and gives Sam a warm smile.

"
Of course. They will understand. We have work of our own to do when we get home."

"
Not to mention the week I intend to spend doing as little as possible,"
she adds, with a half-sigh, half-laugh.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:40 am

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:She takes the list, and gives Sam a warm smile.

"
Of course. They will understand. We have work of our own to do when we get home."

"
Not to mention the week I intend to spend doing as little as possible,"
she adds, with a half-sigh, half-laugh.

"
Ah... to be a leader means so little time, so much to do"

a soft chuckle erupts from Sam

"
I should start thinking now, what do you think Kevan and Ben would like from Essos? and don't you worry, I'll be asking them the very same question with regards to you.
Its not often that a Household Head gets to visit Essos, and there are so many exotic things to behold... I'm sure I'll find something for everyone."

A lightness overtakes Sam, and the air seems to be quite a bit less tense then just a few moments earlier
Heading towards the entrance
"
Ah, but my work is never done Corrine, and so I must prepare myself for a role I don't often get to play, myself.
I can walk you back to your resting area as I make my way to observe the Septon and his own area."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:12 am

"
It is very kind of you to want to bring us gifts, but unnecessary,"
Corrine replies, politely, walking with him from the small meeting tent to her own.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Samurel Manderly Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:32 pm

It is very kind of you to want to bring us gifts, but unnecessary,"
Corrine replies, politely, walking with him from the small meeting tent to her own.

"
Necessities are rarely the thing one has their mind on when gift giving."

Samurel Manderly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 pm

"
Well, if you indist, and have the means, I'm sure Ben and Kevan will be delighted with a gift. Something unique to Essos, perhaps?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down