Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus

+13
Ser Jorah Holt
Lady Corrine Marsten
Baelon Drakeson
Ereth Redwain
Ser Walton Dulver
Ayleth Bartheld
Kevan Lyras
Yoren longshore
Theomore Tullison
Dyana Marsten
Gwyneth Drakeson
Loreia
Reader
17 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus Empty Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus

Post by Reader Mon May 02, 2016 8:25 pm

Hello All,

I'm afraid due to a combination of a happy event (my upcoming wedding) and an unhappy event (ongoing delays with my home repairs/insurers) I cannot give Dragon's Dance the attention that my players' efforts deserve. Dealing with fellow residents, workmen and insurers is time consuming and leaves me with little time/energy for Dragon's Dance.

Very sorry everyone.

However, these are hopefully only temporary issues: my Wedding/Honeymoon will have finished by the end of June and

Tenative plan:
- Relaunch in July/August or later, depending on speed of home repairs.

Alternative:
- Happy to pass notes to a new narrator, if there's a popular candidate.

Again, apologies to everyone for these unexpected issues and the (hopefully temporary) derailment of the game.

Appreciate all the wonderful players and stories that you've created, and hope we can kick on with this in the future,

Reader

Last edited by Reader on Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus Empty Re: Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus

Post by Loreia Mon May 02, 2016 9:46 pm

We'll wait for you, buddy! PBP is a slow format, and we've been at this for a year, right? What's four months at the most by comparison? Congratulations on your wedding being around the corner!
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus Empty Re: Dark Wings, Dark Words: Dragon's Dance on Hiatus

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue May 03, 2016 1:00 am

Indeed. I hope you're not trying to scare me off, cuz I don't scare that easy. I have season 6 of the TV show to keep my interest in this setting high while things play out in RL for you. Smile

I'll keep checking in, waiting to see when things kick back up.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Tue May 03, 2016 4:51 am

I'm right around the corner as well. Cheers on the wedding!!

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue May 03, 2016 9:40 am

I don't think setting up a new narrator is a good alternative to relaunch in July/August.

Though we could perhaps sub-narrate some minor events happening during downtime?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue May 03, 2016 5:31 pm

This is sad, however I think that having a small sub plot somewhere else might be interesting. It does not need to be big, a small northern/dornisjh house or even a story of landless knights and farmers?
If it's interest for it I can write something up.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue May 03, 2016 5:59 pm

First - thanks to all for the kind words from various players. Suddenly started making big progress with neighbours the day after I created this thread.

Yoren longshore wrote:This is sad, however I think that having a small sub plot somewhere else might be interesting. It does not need to be big, a small northern/dornisjh house or even a story of landless knights and farmers?
If it's interest for it I can write something up.

A little something would meet my approval and I can certainly find time to set up subforums etc as requested.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue May 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Sad to hear, but I totally understandable. Thanks for letting us know how things stand! Clear communication as shown here hopefully also helps in getting the players get together after the hiatus is over :-)

Take care of your wedding good ser, you (hopefully) only do that once a life! Razz

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue May 03, 2016 7:21 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Sad to hear, but I totally understandable. Thanks for letting us know how things stand! Clear communication as shown here hopefully also helps in getting the players get together after the hiatus is over :-)

Take care of your wedding good ser, you (hopefully) only do that once a life! Razz

Cheers Ser! Hoping this is my only wedding - my partner and I met in 2004 at university and own a flat together (with a game delaying damaged ceiling!), so we're hopefully not leaping in to anything.

I'll send out a general message and may even try to post NPC stats in various paused threads to help those who are stuck in combat limbo get on with life during the interregnum period.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue May 03, 2016 7:22 pm

Dyana Marsten wrote:I'm right around the corner as well. Cheers on the wedding!!

Missed this! Good luck on your wedding too. Very Happy
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue May 03, 2016 11:31 pm

Hmm...Baelon, do we need much adjudication from Reader to do our tourney? If nothing else it'd give folks a chance to RP and so on. As long as no one starts trouble.

But I'm sure no one would do THAT.

Right?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? Very Happy
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed May 04, 2016 9:30 am

Someone looking at me? Twisted Evil

I'm halfway tempted to see if Theo won't be in the Westerlands or Reach pursuing some objective of his during that tourney (never waste an opportunity to do mischief when everyone that might be suspicious of you is assembled far away from everything, eh?) and take reader on his word that you could get more stuff done if you skip on partaking in events (I actually have a pretty good idea on what he'd like to accomplish that can be weaved into the tourney tale, I think the PC's that would be involved will like being involved with that, even if they probably won't know Theo wanted them to be involved and like it). Which means I should be able to handle all sorts of NPC jousters and possible "
fast-tracking mechanisms"
for the early rounds. If people want to intrigue NPC's and that sort of thing, I may be less able to accommodate.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Wed May 04, 2016 12:52 pm

Congratulations on the wedding, Reader!
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed May 04, 2016 6:09 pm

Ayleth Bartheld wrote:Congratulations on the wedding, Reader!

Thanks! Sorry as one of the relatively new player you didn't get to see things at their best and most active, but hopefully you'll be around for the reboot in a few months. Smile
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Wed May 04, 2016 8:22 pm

congratulations :;
): I think we will wait calmly and run what we can aside Razz take care of priority stuff and come back to us :;
):
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Wed May 04, 2016 10:47 pm

Yup, hopefully everyone is still around for this Smile and congratulations on the wedding!
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu May 05, 2016 12:36 am

Got to say I never been more optimistic for a forum game to survive a hiatus than this one :-)

Well I pour all the suddenly open time into Dark Souls III and the Euro :-)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ereth Redwain Thu May 05, 2016 1:06 am

There is a Dark Souls III kickstarter board game you might be interested in Smile
Ereth Redwain
Ereth Redwain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayleth Bartheld Thu May 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Reader wrote:Thanks! Sorry as one of the relatively new player you didn't get to see things at their best and most active, but hopefully you'll be around for the reboot in a few months. Smile

You're welcome! I'm sure I will be!
Ayleth Bartheld
Ayleth Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu May 05, 2016 9:04 pm

Reader wrote:Tenative plan:
- Relaunch in July/August or later, depending on speed of home repairs.
Well, I really should be nose-to-the-grindstone to get my thesis done this summer, so I suppose this is a good thing for me... Neutral

Again, congrats and take the time to enjoy it.

You know I'll be looking forward to the relaunch!

Gwyneth Drakeson wrote:Hmm...Baelon, do we need much adjudication from Reader to do our tourney? If nothing else it'd give folks a chance to RP and so on. As long as no one starts trouble.
Good call. NC stats is about it, and maybe a board to post threads in.
We have the time to do out a full joust if people want, too. Otherwise, approval for the shortened format I came up with. I think that's it but I haven't looked at our thread in a couple weeks, so I might be forgetting something.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri May 06, 2016 1:51 am

I'm sorry that things have gotten to this point, but I still love this game very much and want to continue when you are able, Reader. I hope the wedding and repairs go smoothly &
quickly, and I am totally on board for a renewed push forward once you're ready.

I've got a week of college assessments left, and I'm rehearsing for both a film and a theatre show, so I totally understand needing to cut down on tasks for a bit.

I'd also gladly take part in an aforementioned "
little something'.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri May 06, 2016 12:22 pm

Hope the wedding goes well Reader.

I'll still be here

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri May 06, 2016 12:30 pm

Two weeks has gone since the law enforsement left. Many was killed, the tavern was blown to smithereens, and doughty men was sent to the wall. It is said that the qarthian word for crisis is a combination of opportunity and danger, and we are all thrust into this crisis. Who will prosper, and who will fall?

Essentially a short scenario I toyed around with in my head, and I need Reader to approve and create a subforum. Each week is a day and it will work much like dragonsdance, only smaller. The consept is that all that wants to participate is someone of relative low status, you might be the replacement maester, you might be a farmer or a wandering hedgeknight, but relatively speaking you are not someone important. Either you have arrived to the Bracken/blackwood lands to gain fame, or you just want to survive the chaos that has erupted around you. This allows for many sorts of characters. I will need 3 or more players for this to be worthwile, but apart from that this will just be an immersion into how the small guys feel.

Anyone interested?

BTW: I don't remember if i have wished reader good luck, if I haven't: Good luck!

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri May 06, 2016 3:46 pm

Yoren: If Reader approves this I'd like to participate :-)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat May 07, 2016 3:36 pm

I'd be up for that.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next