Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arlyn's Personal Matter

2 posters

Go down

Arlyn's Personal Matter Empty Arlyn's Personal Matter

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:49 pm

The sept was quiet at this time of day, the light pale gold upon the unmoving statues as a few robed figures swept the floor and polished candlesticks in preparation for evening prayers.

Corrine led Septon Arlyn into one of the alcoves, sitting on a carved wooden bench and smoothing her skirts, before indicating for him to sit with her.

"
So, what is this 'personal' matter that you could not speak of in front of your companions and my husband? That seems quite suspicious."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Arlyn's Personal Matter Empty Re: Arlyn's Personal Matter

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:The sept was quiet at this time of day, the light pale gold upon the unmoving statues as a few robed figures swept the floor and polished candlesticks in preparation for evening prayers.

Septon Arlyn pauses slightly in his following of Lady Corrine as he makes a sign to the seven after entering the Sept.

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote: Corrine led Septon Arlyn into one of the alcoves, sitting on a carved wooden bench and smoothing her skirts, before indicating for him to sit with her.

The Septons sandaled feet patter softly against the slate grey stone floors as he crosses the threshold of the alcove and takes a seat next to Lady Corrine. Now how do I best to explain this gift without sounding completely crazy.
[size=150:8p3e6zee]Just start from the beginning, she will understand.

[Quote="
Lady Corrine Marsten"
So, what is this 'personal' matter that you could not speak of in front of your companions and my husband? That seems quite suspicious."
[/quote]

Septon Arlyn sighs as Lady Corrine levels the questions at him.

[size=200:8p3e6zee]Do not disappoint me

Septon Arlyn shifts his weight, his bulk, although lessened through his recent constant travel, as still considerable and caused the wooden hinges of the bench to groan in protest, towards Lady Corrine.
“When My Lady asked me about whether or not the curse was fulfilled, and I stated that I did not have any more knowledge than any other man about the will of the gods, I was not telling the whole truth. While it may seem strange that I asked to speak to you alone without my companions or your husband, but what I am about to tell you is quite fantastical, enough so that I can barely believe it myself.”
“Your husband worships the old gods, and may misinterpret what I am about to tell you. He is a good and honest man, but has not had as much schooling in the matters of faith and virtue.”
“Luecian, while a good man and taught in the ways of the faith, is also a simple hunter. He does not have time for the fantastical and tends to deal in the here and now, as most common folk do.”
“And Ser Tymon,” Septon Arlyn lets out another little sight, “He is a Lannister, as such will likely follow his cousin no matter whatever end.”
Septon Arlyn tries to make eye contact with Corrine, “Then there is yourself,”
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:19 pm

Septon Arlyn nods, “Lady Marsten, you have proven yourself to be a good women and capable ruler. I have seen by your actions that you are devoted to the cause of peace. You also appear to be a very pious person. So I feel confident in sharing this with you, as long as you promise share it with only those whom you trust implicitly.”

Septon Arlyn pauses and waits for Corrines response
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:23 pm

Corrine's wariness turned to concern, seeing the Septon's distress.

"
Myself? I keep the Old Gods too, Septon, though I was raised and still follow in the light of the Seven. My other Gods don't preclude my ability to listen without prejudice,"
Corrine replied, gently. "
Whatever this matter is clearly weighs heavily on you. Trust in me, and unload your burden."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:50 pm

Septon Arlyn nods at Corrine’s words then says simply. “The Seven speak to me, and I think the war between the greens and the blacks is coming” Septon Arlyn rubs his nose with his thick index and thumb finger and takes another look at Lady Corrine. “This is how I *know* the prophesy has been fulfilled, not that I merely think it is. But I think that they began speaking to me to try and warn of danger.

During one of the last nights at the tourney of Riverrun, I had a dream. House Dulver had been overrun by the Longshore’s and ended with me being consumed by a dragon.” Septon Arlyn shudders at the memory. “Then during the investigations of the Blackwood and Bracken, after the dragon came and I came and I went to the Sept, they spoke to me.” Septon Arlyn pauses You sound ridiculous

“The reason I am sharing this is because I think you will be pivotal after the war is over. You have managed to make the gaggle of houses that were involved in the investigation work together to have a reasonably balanced treaty. You have also shown care and concern over the small folk, which I value highly. When this war is over, and it will eventually come to an end, someone is going to need to help unite the factions.” Septon Arlyn break ‘s his train of thought, letting Lady Corrine speak if she wished.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:36 pm

Corrine listened in stunned silence, and it took her a few moments to form the words.

"
I see. Well, firstly, thank you for confiding in me. It is no small thing to trust someone with such a thing. Secondly, I want you to know that I think no less of you than I did before. I do have some questions though, if you would be willing to answer?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:57 pm

"
Of course my Lady"
responds the Septon.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:04 am

"
How can you be certain it is the Seven that speak to you?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:40 am

Septon Arlyn looks at Lady Corinne and gives a small sad smile, "
there are seven of them, they give me advice and comfort when I hear them."
Septon Arlyn's voice takes a lower tone as one of servants walks by with what appears to be fresh cloths and a small container that smells of polish. how do I best describe this?

"
During my time as a healer and a begging brother wandering the land there were times to time small folk would come to me asking for banishment of demons from their loved ones to return them to the way they were before the mind sickness took them."
Septon Arlyn's face turns dark. it was awful seeing them changed and barely human buy t the time i got there. But no need to tannish this story with the darkness of human fear. Septon Arlyn's voice turns to gravel. "
That mind sickness of voices are never silent. They speak and scream in the poor souls minds, unrelenting and angry, making them fear every voice. Valerian root I have found with a pinch of sweetsleep can quiet the voices, and allow them to live reasonable lives."

Septon Arlyn looks into Lady Corinne eyes. "
This does not affect the gods, and when I pray they answer."

Septon Arlyn gives a shrug. "
I trust them, and so far they have led me on the correct path,"
Septon Arlyn gives a grin, "
they told me to trust you in this."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:02 pm

"
I see,"
Corrine nods slowly. "
This is a great gift you have been given, though I am not sure what to make of the Gods' recommendation of me. I shall be grateful for it. To my next question;
have the Gods foretold that I will do these things, this... unification? I do know that war is likely inevitable. Even if the King abdicated in favour of his chosen heir, it would likely still be contested. What makes you sure that I will survive this conflict?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:24 pm

Septon Arlyn gives a sad smile, “There is no gauntee that you will survive, just as there is no gauntee I will either. Prophesy is a nitoriously tricky beast to understand. I believe that you will survive to fulfill the roll of consilliator.” At I certianly hope so, Is this a gift a blessing or a curse? “But the Gods do not show all to me”

Not that I think I would want to know everything. All that knowledge would be even more terrifying then this bestowment already is

[size=150:5ayuwjfh]It will be ok. A reassuring voice spoke.

“My Lady is right to question this, in fact if you had not I would be even more worried. But this gift does not show how things will be,” Septon Arlyn pauses, “At least that Is what I believe, for why would the Gods offer such a gift to a man if they did not want the future to change?”

Septon Arlyn takes a moment to pounder his own question.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:24 pm

"
The Gods sometimes require us to enact their will. I certainly intend to survive whatever hardships may come. I also intend to foster peace wherever I may. I am only one person, but I can assure you, and the Gods, that I will do my utmost. Is there anything else the Seven wish of me?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:16 pm

Is there anything more that you would have of your servants?

[size=200:2kn6b3b3]No, but give her peace and let her know that the Gods will be with her

Septon Arlyn gives a relieved smile, "
There is nothing more besides that that you should know are not alone in attempting to foster peace My Lady, the Gods are with us. I have taken every opportunity given to me to try to bring peace and avoid war, yet I fear you are correct in your assessment that even *if* the king were to reemphasize that Rhaenyra was still his heir, thus abolishing the Andal tradition."
Which could be what he intended to do, Targaryen's were originally from the Freehold, who knows what other queer customs they have passed down to each other besides such things as an uncle marrying niece. "
I think that Queen Alicent and her followers would have a difficult time accepting that judgement after the good king has gone."

"
My Lady, even though we may end up on different sides of this fight, due to our duites and obligations, know that I will be fighting fervently for peace and the well being of the small folk where ever I end up. You are not alone, even if it sometimes it may feel like the world has abandoned you and chaos reigns. Do not loose hope, no matter how dark things get, for the Hour of the Stranger is always the strongest before the Light of the Mother arrives."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:11 am

Corrine nodded slowly in understanding.

"
Your wisdom and counsel is appreciated, Septon. I believe that, before Black or Green, we are people first. It is my hope that whomever wins the day will hold the realm's and the people's best interests at heart. I will endeavour to do the will of the Seven. And I will hold your secret gift in confidence."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:48 am

Septon lets out a sigh of relief, "
Thank you my Lady,"
you were right once again, "
I am deeply humbled and thankful for your discretion in this matter. I apologize for... appearing deceitful, and thanks for your willingness to chat in private."
The acolyte whom was tasked with the polishing of the candlesticks returns walking past them, a familar sent of hard work mixed with polish is detected by the Septon as he moves by, his robes denoting his status as a servant to the seven rustling slightly.

"
Is there anything further that you wish to discuss My Lady?"
inquires the Septon.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:14 pm

"
I do not believe we need discuss anything else privately, so why don't we return to the others and get to work on our search?"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:51 pm

"
Certainly My Lady,"
replies the Septon, and he stands and moves from the alcove towards the fathers image in the Sept, allowing Corrine to move ahead and lead the way back to the main hall.

/scene?
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:58 pm

Corrine stood and bustled on ahead, leading them back to where Ben, Luecian, and Tymon waited.

[/scene, and can go back to the previous thread.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down