Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D7, Early Morning] Marei's Seven

+7
Dunstan Tullison
Kevan Lyras
Ser Jorah Holt
Jon Cobb
Benedict Marsten
Baelon Drakeson
Reader
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

[D7, Early Morning] Marei's Seven - Page 2 Empty Re: [D7, Early Morning] Marei's Seven

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun May 31, 2015 11:33 pm

[Since you decided to make this into a clusterfuck where we don't even get to mount up before the battle...ain't gonna happen.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D7, Early Morning] Marei's Seven - Page 2 Empty Re: [D7, Early Morning] Marei's Seven

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:29 am

Round 1
Ben catches the knights blade in his chest, but the weak blow is absorbed by steel and leather. Before he can move a woodsman slams into him sending him to the dirt with a jar. Springing to his feet he ignores the haggard woodsman, wheeling on the real threat. He brings his sword up and across his body over his left shoulder and down hard on the would-be-knight, crunching splint and finding flesh. "
Fucking sot, ride a man down unhorsed! I hope you have said your goodbyes!"

CD: 10
Health: 11/11
AR: 8
I/W/F: 0/0/0

[url=Lesser: Stand TN 9][/url]: 3d6 10
[url=Lesser: Attack][/url]: 7d6k5 20 (Forgot to mark the Knight as target.)
Result: (If knight from the book) 3 Dos x 5 damage= 15-7AR= 8damage

Contingency Fatigue if knockdown or Attacked

OOC: Any man who raises his sword against the seven(or Marei) will get to use said sword as his grave marker. If the woodsman strike and then flee they will be attacked by Ben.

Round 2

The woodsman seizes an oppertunity to combine his assault with the knights. As Ben deflects the woodsmans blow with his shield arm extended, the knight brings his sword down onto the exposed arm. The blow pulls at Bens wrist and shoulder, but the armor and favor do their job.

Ben quickly returns the blow coming up hard across the knights abdomen. His sword cutting through steel, leather, muscle and finding soft insides. The knight reels back crumbling to the earth clutching his wound.

[url=Lesser: Attack Knight if living, if not Woodsman][/url]: 7d6k5 18
Result: (If knight from the book) 3 Dos x 5 damage= 15-7AR= 8damage

Last edited by 113 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:00 am

Round 2:

CD:7
Health: 1/9
AR:10
I/W/F: 2/0/2

Dunstan suffers a heavy blow to his shoulder, the knight's greatsword taking of a chunk of his plate armor and giving him a nasty wound. In the surge of adrenaline, however, the young Lord does not pay that too much attention and thrusts his lance to the knight's chest, with the intention of knocking him down from his horse.

OOC: Take 2 injuries

[url=Knockdown vs greatsword knight][/url]: 4d6k3 13 (Fatigue to ignore AP. DP to impose -1D on him)
Having succeeded in his attempt, Dunstan thrusts his lance once again, this time intended to hurt the man grievously.

[url=Standard Attack vs. Greatsword Knight][/url]: 4d6 14-2= 12 vs 5 CD = 2 DoS, 16dmg - 7AR (if knight from the book of course = 9dmg +2 since he is unmounted = 11dmg in total.

Round 3:
Lesser Action: Aim
Lesser Action: [url=Standard Attack vs. Greatsword Knight][/url]: 5d6k4 15 (If he doesn't stand up)

-II-: [url=Standard Attack vs. Greatsword Knight][/url]: 4d6k3 9 (if he does stand up)

Last edited by 115 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:46 am

[OOC: Dunstan, I think the extra damage for being mounted is applied before DoS, so you'd do 20 Damage, not 16 Smile

He's in brigandine - decided full plate wouldbe too much = 20 Damage - 8 = 12 damage, takes two injuries to reduce it to 6 and just remain standing]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:07 am

OOC: Umm, wow, this fight is a bit messy right now. I'm not even sure what round it is?

As I understand it, the initiative order and any declared actions for round 1 are as follows:
[url=Baelon][/url],
[url=Jorah][/url],
the five longsword knights attacking various targets,
[url=Dunstan][/url],
the greatsword knight attacking Dunstan,
Jon (no actions declared yet)
the woodsmen knocking down some of our party, the rest winding up for an attack round 2,
Kevan (no actions declared yet)
[url=Ben][/url],
Theo (no actions declared yet)
and Ser Lionel, who engaged Jorah in single combat.

So, if I'm getting this right, since Dunstan hasn't declared that he's altering his first declared actions (per the link above), his actions [url=here][/url] would actually represent his actions in rounds 2 and 3?

Also, Reader, I PM:ed you yesterday with some questions about the fight which I feel need answering so we can start getting a clear picture of what's going on. It includes such questions as who among Lionel's boys are actually mounted.

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:43 am

Round 1
Initiative: 7
CD: 8
Health: 7/11 (hit for 6 x 2 DoS = 12-8 AR = 4 damage)

Jon has barely finished speaking when the enraged zealot knight is on him, chopping viciously at Jon's head with his sword. Too slow old man, a woman's voice in his head taunts, as Jon brings up his shield to deflect the blow. He manages to catch the brunt of the blow, but the knight's blade scrapes across the surface of the shield and strikes Jon's helmet with a clang. Jon's vision darkens momentarily, but he doesn't panic, instead letting his combat instincts guide his actions.

Seeing that the knight has overextended himself with his overhand blow, Jon bats his sword aside with his shield and delivers a ferocious strike with his mace that breaks off the lower third of the knight's shield, before powering into his side, crushing the steel splints of his armor and grinding them into his body. That's it! Even if he lives, he'll be coughing up blood for weeks! a new voice exults. The force of Jon's blow is such that the zealot knight reels backward, opening up a gap between himself and Jon.

Lesser Action: [url=Attack Knight][/url]: 8d6k5+3 30 - sorry, should just be +2, so 29 total
Damage: 13 (5 x 4 DoS = 20-7 AR = 13 damage) plus -1 Defensive bonus to knight's shield (assuming he stays in the fight)
then,
Lesser Action: [url=Maneuver Knight][/url]: 8d6k5+2 22 - 1 DoS
Effect: Knight takes -1D on all tests for 1 round, and is forced back 1 yard into the path of the 4 woodsmen who are currently not engaged

Round 2
Screaming a Faith Militant war cry, the stricken knight surges forward again, but Jon easily diverts the attack and then crowds him with his shield. He delivers a quick blow to the knight's head, momentarily stunning his foe, and then follows up with a second, solid strike that caves in the knight's helmet with a satisfying crunch. The zealot collapses to the ground, stone dead.

Bringing his shield up, Jon moves to engage the four woodsmen, who are clearly shaken by the speed with which their best warriors are being struck down. The first man Jon engages doesn't even manage to react before Jon's mace slams into his face, tearing his lower jaw right off. He collapses with a gargle, blood pouring from the ruin of his mouth and throat.

Initiative: 7
CD: 8
Health: 7/11

Contingency fatigue to ignore AP in case Jon is attacked before his turn by any NC knight except round 1 opponent

Lesser Action: [url=Cautious Attack vs. Knight][/url]: 8d6k4 16 - 3 DoS, assuming CD 6 (base 8-3 AP = 5+1 damaged shield);
+3 CD for Jon until his next turn
Damage: 8 (5 x 3 DoS = 15-7 AR = 8 damage) plus -1 Defensive bonus to knight's shield;
this should definitely defeat him
then,
Lesser Action: Move to engage the woodsmen
then,
Spend 1 Fatigue for an extra Lesser Action:
Lesser Action: [url=Cautious Attack vs. Woodsman][/url]: 8d6k4-1 20 - 3 DoS, assuming CD is 6-10;
+3 CD for Jon until his next turn
Damage: 13 (5 x 3 DoS = 15-2 AR = 13 damage) plus -1 AR

Last edited by 117 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:57 pm; edited 3 times in total

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:29 pm

[OOC: Those of you using lances, remember that they have the Impale property, so 3+ DoS may disarm you and you may do extra damage when pulling the lance out.]

CD: 11 (14)
AR: 7
Health: 9/9
F/I/W: 1/0/0

Baelon takes the knight's sword strike on the arm, but his armor absorbs the impact.

Round 2

Lesser Action: [url=M7R2 mounted cautious attack][/url]: 10d6k4 21 -1 for fatigue so 20
Effect: 3 DoS x (5+2) - 7AR = 14 damage
Lesser Action:
IF the knight is still up
THEN [url=maneuver][/url]: 7d6k5 18 -1 for fatigue so 17
ELSEIF there there is a different foe adjacent
THEN maneuver them using the above roll
ELSE interact(cut the ropes on Marei's hands so she can control her horse)

Round 3

[pending]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:27 pm

CD 12
Health 9
AR 9
Initiative 9 (that's a lot of 9's)

Round 2
[url=Attack on Ser Lionel Darry][/url]: 6d6k5+2 26 - wait, the +2 comes from attacking non- mounted, so 24

[url=Knock Ser Lionel off his horse][/url]: 4d6k4 11, unless his agility or passive ride is really poor, that won't work

Round 3
[url=Attack on Ser Lionel Darry round 3][/url]: 6d6k5 22

[url=Knock Ser Lionel off his horse][/url]: 4d6k4 18

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:36 pm

[OOC:

Ser Lionel Darry
Health 12
AR 8 [downgraded him to brigandine]
CD 8 [including armour penalty]]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:47 pm

[Round 2

Jorah - pulling people from a mount is a greater action - are you taking fatigue for that?
Theomore - if you don't like the way this is being handled I'm happy for you to just sit this out Erroly Flynning against one Knight and One Woodsman in a stalemate. Smile
Just waiting on Ser Kevan I think?

Ser Lionel Darry - takes 20 damage from Ser Jorah, -8AR -1 (1 injury) = 8 damage

4/12 health remaining

Ser Lionel - his steed circles Ser Jorah as the two clash in a whirl of steel
Round 2 action
Lesser action [url=Attack jorah][/url]: 7d6k5 21-1 for injury = 20 = 5 damage per DoS
Lesser action aim

Greatsword Knight - reeling from Dunstan's blow and at Death's door, he attempts to cut his war free
- less action [url=maneuver dunstan][/url]: 5d6-2 18 - he forces Lord Dunstan back
- spends 1 fatigue
- greater action to stand
- spends 1 fatigue
- moves to a horse]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:52 pm

[OOC: Baelon - in round two the knight you're fighting takes two injuries = 1 health remaining.

He remains standing but is then driven back by your manuever and then YIELDS on his initiative as a greater action, throwing down his sword and shield and kneeling]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:02 pm

[Ben: your opponents in round 2

Woodsman
- assist
- aim

Knight
- Delays to get an assist from the woodsman
- [url=attack ben (woodsman assists)][/url]: 6d6k4+1 21 - 4 Damage per DoS
- Is then defeated on your initiative]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:08 pm

[OOC:

Jon Cobb - you also take out a knight over two rounds -

By round 2, that's three knights down (Baelon's yielded, Ben's - defeated, Jon's defeated before he can even act again in round 2)

plus whatever Ser Kevan can do in two rounds. If he takes out a Knight in two rounds, that's all 5 regular knights accounted for, as Ser Theomore is "
Flynning"
against one.

Leaves me 5 woodsmen to resolve (one is flynning against theomore, another is assisting against Ser Ben)

Suddenly this looks like resolving reasonably swiftly!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:18 pm

Round 1
Minor action: Mount up
Minor action: Attack woodsman (who should be near me, as he tried to attack me.) As he is not mounted, I get a bonus for attacking (+1b to fighting, +2 on damage)
[url=Attack R1][/url]: 7d6k5 24
Damage: 5 + 2 from being mounted = 7 per DoS

The attacks from the enemies posted by reader should not affect me

Round 2
Attack if somebody near me (woodsmen preferred, otherwise knights)
Move towards nearest foe, if nobody near me
[url=Attack R2][/url]: 7d6k5 14

I spend 1 fatigue to ignore armor penalty if this helps to not get hit

Injuries / Wounds / Fatigues: 0/0/0
Combat Damage 10

Corrections welcome

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:20 pm

[Pfft, since Theo specifically is in the rear I spend a destiny point to invoke the quality of being surrounded by meatshields, horses, allies, etc, so that they don't manage to move to be adjacent to him, and knight needs to attack past cover. Though I'd argue that Theo's sense of self-preservation would ensure that without use of destiny points.]

CD 6
Health 9
AR 10
Initiative 4

Round 1: Knight does 12 against effective CD 11, 1 DoS, armor soaks it all. Presumably, my woodsman does the aim thing like his puny fellows.
Free action: [url=vault into saddle][/url]: 4d6 14
Simple action: control mount
Simple action: [url=Skewer Knight][/url]: 8d6k4 18 Spend BoA-bonus to bring that up to 20 if this means the difference between 2 and 3 DoS, 10 damage per DoS.

Round 2: Assuming his lance is now embedded in a very dead knight, greater action: [url=Trample!][/url]: 6d6k4 23
That's 5 damage per DoS, it's against CD of the mooks, if I did not spend BoA in round 1, I do so now if that means I get in an additional DoS on them. Targets 3 Woodsmen, 2nd and 3rd has +5 and +10 CD respectively.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:21 pm

[OOC:

Ser Kevan, your results.

Round 1 = 4 DoS = 28 damage - 7 AR = 21 damage - feel free to narrate a suitably messy end for your foe, albeit you're not using a vicious weapon so it doesn't have to be fatal.

Round 2
Woodsman
- aim
- [url=attack Kevan (fatigued, aim)][/url]: 4d6k3-1 14 - 5 Damage per DoS
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:29 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:[Pfft, since Theo specifically is in the rear I spend a destiny point to invoke the quality of being surrounded by meatshields, horses, allies, etc, so that they don't manage to move to be adjacent to him, and knight needs to attack past cover. Though I'd argue that Theo's sense of self-preservation would ensure that without use of destiny points.]

CD 6
Health 9
AR 10
Initiative 4

Round 1: Knight does 12 against effective CD 11, 1 DoS, armor soaks it all. Presumably, my woodsman does the aim thing like his puny fellows.
Free action: [url=vault into saddle][/url]: 4d6 14
Simple action: control mount
Simple action: [url=Skewer Knight][/url]: 8d6k4 18 Spend BoA-bonus to bring that up to 20 if this means the difference between 2 and 3 DoS, 10 damage per DoS.

Round 2: Assuming his lance is now embedded in a very dead knight, greater action: [url=Trample!][/url]: 6d6k4 23
That's 5 damage per DoS, it's against CD of the mooks, if I did not spend BoA in round 1, I do so now if that means I get in an additional DoS on them. Targets 3 Woodsmen, 2nd and 3rd has +5 and +10 CD respectively.

- Ser Theomore's destiny point certainly stymies the knockdown ruse, leaving the attacks merely deflecting off his armour
- Ser Theomore Hits for 3 DoS without BoA or 4 with it! = one very DEFEATED knight

Who needs to Flynn? With Theomore and

- Woodsmen break on Round 3 as Theomore tramples 3 (!!), Kevan kills 1 (round 2) and so does Baelon (on round 3), but get to take their round 2 actions as they beat Theomore on initiative. Ben's foe gets cut down by Ben's passive fighting check of 20 = 3 DoS = 15 damage

- By round 3, everyone is fleeing expect for Ser Lionel.

We have - 4 defeated regular knights, 1 yielded knight
1 fleeing greatsword knight of quality fleeing on horse
- 6 dead woodsmen, 1 fleeing on foot

- Ser Lionel duelling Ser Jorah - do the rest of you dogpile in Twisted Evil ]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Reader wrote:[Round 2

Jorah - pulling people from a mount is a greater action - are you taking fatigue for that?

I was doing a knockdown action if that was legit in this context

That hits me for 10 damage -9 leaving me 8/9 health

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Description Round 1:

Kevan steps back from the unsuccessful attacks from a knight as well as a woodsman and mounts his horse. From this advantageous position he swings his swors in one vicious attack splitting the skull of a leather clad enemy.

Another woodsman hacks at the mounted Lyras knight but his weak blow gets absorbed by the massive armour

[OOC: Reader, you have to roll the disengagement attack against me as well]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:33 pm

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:
Reader wrote:[Round 2

I was doing a knockdown action if that was legit in this context

That hits me for 10 damage -9 leaving me 8/9 health

[OOC: knockdown on a mount seems weird and presumably not covered by rules, given there's "
pull from mount"

- can I offer Ser a different lesser action for those two rounds?]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:34 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:Description Round 1:

Kevan steps back from the unsuccessful attacks from a knight as well as a woodsman and mounts his horse. From this advantageous position he swings his swors in one vicious attack splitting the skull of a leather clad enemy.

Another woodsman hacks at the mounted Lyras knight but his weak blow gets absorbed by the massive armour

[OOC: Reader, you have to roll the disengagement attack against me as well]

[OOC: disengagement attacks are passive fighting so = 16, thanks for the reminder. 4 damage per DoS]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunstan Tullison Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:42 pm

OOC: Since my Round 3 action won't work due to greatsword knight fleeing, I will attack Lionel.

Round 3
CD: 7
AR: 10
I/W/F: 0/1/2

Lesser action: Ride to Lionel
Lesser action: [url=Standard Attack vs. Lionel Darry][/url]: 4d6 9 -2 = 7, nothing.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Round 3

The terrified woodsman swings franticly at Ben his blows easily glancing off his shield. Ben turns side ways his sword held low behind him. As the woodsman moved in to Bens opening, Ben turns on his rear foot coming up behind the man with a upward swing cutting deep across the back. The fool flies face first into the dirt, unmoving.

Ooc: Ben is holding unless able to catch cowards.

Last edited by 113 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:19 pm

OOC: I have not written/rolled a round 3 yet... but you have him taking out a woodsman? Unless that woodsman was an active threat to him, Baelon would have instead gone after the greatsword knight.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:50 pm

"
Stay back Lord Tullison, House Coldbrook owes this murderous bastard."

I'll swap for an aim
[url=extra bonus dice][/url]: 1d6 5
[url=Attack on Ser Lionel Darry round 3][/url]: 6d6k5 22 replace 3 with the 5
which makes his round 3 roll 24, so 4 DOS = 20 damage

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next