Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8 EA] Looking for support (closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D8 EA] Looking for support (closed) Empty [D8 EA] Looking for support (closed)

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm

It was shortly after noon, when Kevan entered the Tullison’s camping area, a water skin in his hand, looking for Ser Ben. The grand melee was planned to start soon and the Marsten knight wanted to take the opportunity to talk to his future Lord protector. He found Ser Ben in front of his tent, where a squire was helping him with his armor.
“Ser Ben, I see you are getting ready for the melee as well. I’d like to wish you all the best for the competition, take care of yourself. Do you have a couple of minutes for me?”

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D8 EA] Looking for support (closed) Empty Re: [D8 EA] Looking for support (closed)

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:10 pm

"
Of course, Ser Kevan. Congratulations on your placing in the joust."
Ben attempts to shake Kevan's hand but is restricted by the portly page under his arm cinching straps. He waves it off with a smile.

"
Have a seat. Would you care for a drink? What is on your mind, Ser?"
Ben gestures to the various crates and barrels scattered about.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[D8 EA] Looking for support (closed) Empty Re: [D8 EA] Looking for support (closed)

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:58 pm

"
Thank you Ser!"
He answered with a smile before his expression became earnest. "
I'd like to discuss my role with House Marsten with you. As you know I've been serving House Marsten for all my life and I'd like to increase my role as a supporter of Lady Corrine and you as her husband. If I'd get the opportunity to be responsible for the protection of a distinct part of the Marsten lands, I am convinced that I could do well in protecting the smallfolk.
What is your opinipn on that matter? Originally, I wanted to discuss this with lady Isobel, but with the recent changes, I do not think her word is that important in this decision.
Obviously, this is not something you decide yourself, but your backing would certainly help..."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:06 am

Ben is only momentarily taken aback, as he is quickly becoming accustomed to his impending role. "
Well you have proven yourself a capable knight thus far. And you have proven your loyalty in your previous questioning of me."
He chuckles.

"
What you are asking is no small thing. And have you considered the Keeper of the Gate position? Baelon has received offers from House Tullison and Coldbrook. That also may be a good choice for you."
Ben seems to be weighing the thought as he speaks it. His head nods in agreement with his words.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:43 am

At Ben's first comment, Kevan reacts slightly embarassed. "
You know I never wanted to bother you with that questioning, but Corr..Lady Corrine, I know her for a very long time and it seemed only right to get to know her future husband..."

"
I didnt know that Baelon is leaving House Marsten, I always assumed the position of Keeper would be his... I know what I am asking of you is no snall thing and I do not need an answer right know, surprising you with all this during your preparations for the melee..."

OOC: Want to start an intrigue or continue without?Obviously the discussion with Corrine takes place later IC.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:07 pm

"
No worries Ser Kevan. Our conversation will take my mind off the fact that shortly men will he trying to smash me. Baelon has not made a decision, but has many offers on the table. House Tullison is seeking a bannerman. Not that i would like to see you go, but I could arrange for you to speak with Lord Dunstan. If that is something that may interest you."

Ben is hesitant with his offer but feels compelled to lay out plausible options for the the runner-up of the joust.

OOC: I don't think we need an intrigue. I will offer a suggested outcome IC. If you don't accept then maybe.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:48 pm

"
Oh dont mention it"
, and with a short glance and a grin at the page working on Ben's equipment he adds "
Make sure to pull those staps tight boy, not that the armor shifts from its place in an unfortunate moment"

He pauses for a moment upon hearing Ben's offer
"
Thank you Ser, I heard only positive things about Lord Tullison and I am sure he is a worthy liege lord, but my heart is with House Marsten, I almost feel like it is my house as well and I cannot see myself serving somewhere else..."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:15 pm

Ben is relieved to here Kevan's answer, further reaffirming the man's qualities.

"
Loyalty is a highly valued quality, Ser. I believe you have sold me."
Ben smiles warmly.

"
Let me say this, you may surely have my support as long as I may count on your own should I need it at some time in the future."
Ben pauses to judge Kevan's reaction to his offer.

OOC: simply asking for a later favor/support
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:00 pm

He steps forward, touching Ben on his shoulder, making sure he is not hindering the page struggeling with the knots placing the shin armor correctly.
"
You can always count on me Ser, I will not disappoint you. In times of trouble I will be at your side."

"
I saw that you will be fighting in a group with Brackens and Blackwood, Ironborn and Mallisters. I hope you can avoid the worst of these quarrels fueled by past battles."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:30 pm

Ben smiles. "
I am glad to hear that Ser Kevan. I do fear my transition may be bumpy. It will be good to have people to count on. As for the melee, it will be like walking on a frozen river. The wrong move and you are going under. I will tread lightly."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:07 pm

"
Then I will hope you have the balance to cross, Ser! Good luck!"
with these parting words, Kevan turns around walking back to his tent, waiting for the melee to finally start.

[Scene?]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:27 am

With sincerity Ben replies. "
And good luck to you! May your favor in the joust win you farther."

[scene]
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down