Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D8 LM Difference of opinion (semi-closed)

2 posters

Go down

D8 LM Difference of opinion (semi-closed) Empty D8 LM Difference of opinion (semi-closed)

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:28 pm

As the crowd broke up after Ser Benjen’s trial, Ser Jorah spotted Daveth who did not look happy at his decision. He sighed and waited for Daveth to say something.

ooc
this takes place immediately following the trial, but people may see it

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

D8 LM Difference of opinion (semi-closed) Empty Re: D8 LM Difference of opinion (semi-closed)

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:15 pm

(OOC: I have Reader permission to be here, despite double-booking myself since this will be quick and maybe dramatic.)

Daveth walks up to the knight. Not really angry, just resigned. "
One thing I asked of you regarding this whole affair."
he says, quietly, so they can't be overheard. "
Don't get involved. Did you doubt that there were others who could do as well? Why did you have to..?"
walk right into Ser Theomore's trap?
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

D8 LM Difference of opinion (semi-closed) Empty Re: D8 LM Difference of opinion (semi-closed)

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:35 pm

"
You heard them all out there. If its not people wanting blood, it's petty vengeance, politics or just currying favour. Even Septon Arlyn, who I thought better of, was calling for blood."
Jorah sighed, weary of the need for killing.

"
The only way that this ends with something other than blood is for somebody to step up and try to find another path. Maybe that is arrogance from me, but frankly if that man is gelded, then all it will do is perpetuate another cycle of violence, with a lot of innocent people ending up dead."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:39 pm

Daveth just looks at Ser Jorah for a few seconds, before lowering his head to look at the ground. "
...fuck."
he whispers. Looking back up. "
Gods blind you, but you're right. Entirely right."
And I thought you were annoying when you were trying to drag me to sword practice.

Not for the first time, Daveth considers actually being honest with Ser Jorah. And not for the first time, he concludes that he doesn't know what would be worse - if Ser Jorah didn't believe him, or if he did. So, he does what he always does in these circumstances, he relies on a half-truth.

He steps in closer, and speaks even quieter. "
The Freys have power and influence, and may seek to place man's hand over divine decisions. Giving yourself plenty of time beforehand, make sure you check all your gear like you just bought it from the shadiest merchant in King's Landing, then allocate a couple of guards to stand constant vigil beside it to ensure no others go near. Ser Benjen is not a man known for his mercy, and I would not lose you over this."
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:01 am

He clasped Daveth on the shoulder "
Your concern is gladdening, but this is not my first time dealing with people like this. I shall spend the night in contemplation in the Sept, a guard on the entrance."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:57 pm

Daveth nods, then spends a couple of seconds clearly trying to get words out and failing, before eventually coming out with. "
Be careful. And win, okay?"

(And that's probably /scene from my end.)
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:03 pm

"
The Seven willing, I will be victorious."

/scene

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down