Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Epilogue] A Proper Wedding Party (Open)

+6
Daveth Coldbrook
Dyana Marsten
Ser Jorah Holt
Kevan Lyras
Benedict Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Epilogue] A Proper Wedding Party (Open) Empty [Epilogue] A Proper Wedding Party (Open)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:46 am

[ooc: continued from this thread - viewtopic.php?f=61&
t=1395
]
[This thread is open to any of Ben &
Corrine's and Baelon &
Gwyn's wedding attendees. Please party, schmooze, scheme, seduce, drink, and have fun!]

Following the two ceremonies, the wedding party finds before them a modest but well-made feast, with plenty of drink and music to celebrate this unconventional but joyous union.

[The speeches &
gift-giving competition thread - viewtopic.php?f=65&
t=1413&
p=35975#p35975
]

Last edited by 151 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Epilogue] A Proper Wedding Party (Open) Empty Re: [Epilogue] A Proper Wedding Party (Open)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:36 am

"
Finally,"
Corrine sughs happily, holding Ben's hand as they sit together. "
No more hiding."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Epilogue] A Proper Wedding Party (Open) Empty Re: [Epilogue] A Proper Wedding Party (Open)

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:56 am

"
It was a bit exhilarating and fun having such a big secret, but it feels overwhelming and exciting to be able to..."
He quickly kisses her. "
... kiss you with out worry."

He reaches for the filled glass in front of him. Taking along draught he looks out over their gathered friends, family and guests.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:28 am

As the wedding party moves from the sept to the great hall, Kevan is one of the first guests moving up to the newly wedded.
"
Ben, I wish you all the best. I am happy for you!"
He offers his new Lord Protector a cordially handshake before turning to his liege lady: "
You look beautiful today Lady Corrine, all the best for you as well."
Leaning slightly forward, lowering his voice, but still within earshot of Ben: "
I think you made a great choice!"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:59 pm

Ser Jorah was the next in line, though he seemed slightly distracted by something else. He smiled at the newly married couple and held a small carved statue of a cockatrice.

"
I wish you both the very best. A gift for you both. This has always been a sign of both change and family for me. Change will happen, but in this case, you have both embraced it and it has made you stronger."

ooc
yes, he has just given an oblique present. Like I said, he is distracted.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:22 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:As the wedding party moves from the sept to the great hall, Kevan is one of the first guests moving up to the newly wedded.
"
He offers his new Lord Protector a cordially handshake before turning to his liege lady: "
Leaning slightly forward, lowering his voice, but still within earshot of Ben: "

Corrine blushes and beams widely;

"
Thank you, Kevan. I look forward to congratulating you on your own wedding tomorrow!"

She pats his arm in a friendly gesture, then looks to Ser Jorah as he approaches.

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Ser Jorah was the next in line, though he seemed slightly distracted by something else. He smiled at the newly married couple and held a small carved statue of a cockatrice.

"
I wish you both the very best. A gift for you both. This has always been a sign of both change and family for me. Change will happen, but in this case, you have both embraced it and it has made you stronger."

ooc

"
Thank you, Ser Jorah. It's lovely. We will treasure it."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:41 pm

Kevan Lyras wrote:As the wedding party moves from the sept to the great hall, Kevan is one of the first guests moving up to the newly wedded.
"

"
And I you Ser Kevan, we shall be doubly related after your wedding."
He returns the handshake a genuine smile with it.

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Ser Jorah was the next in line, though he seemed slightly distracted by something else. He smiled at the newly married couple and held a small carved statue of a cockatrice.

"

ooc

Ben clasps Jorah on the shoulder. "
Thank you, Ser Jorah. It has been a tumultuous time, but for this one night lets put away our worries and enjoy the moment. While it last."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:57 pm

[ooc: Mechanical event has been added to run alongside this thread. Please see original post for link.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Dyana isn't one of the first in line, and in fact only comes before the newly wed couple once the line has mostly expended itself. She brings no gift at that moment, and speaks little.

Still, she smiles warmly and gives them a small bow. "
I wish you two happiness and love, only. I trust you can accomplish all else without my wishes, now."

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:53 pm

Corrine looks curiously at her cousin.

Odd. That's not like Dyana. Popr soul, she must still be hurting.

Corrine embraces Dyana and kisses her cheek;

"
I'm so glad you are here,"
she says warmly. "
If there is anything we can do for you, you have but to ask. After all, we owe you a great debt for helping to nudge us together."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:00 pm

"
It was only that, Corrine, a nudge."
Dyana says, not without affection, then gently takes hold of her cousin to kiss her in the forehead. "
The days is yours, see that you enjoy it."
Wearing the same warm smile, she bows again to the Lord Marsten and walks herself to a seat.

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:02 pm

Dyana Marsten wrote:"
It was only that, Corrine, a nudge."
Dyana says, not without affection, then gently takes hold of her cousin to kiss her in the forehead. "
The days is yours, see that you enjoy it."
Wearing the same warm smile, she bows again to the Lord Marsten and walks herself to a seat.

[url=What's up with Dyana? (Awareness - Empathy)][/url]: 4d6k3 12
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyana Marsten Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:[url=What's up with Dyana? (Awareness - Empathy)][/url]: 4d6k3 12
While Corrine knows Dyana to be a self-contained woman, she'd seen her cousin have an emotional outburst this week to rival everything she'd seen or heard of her from the last few years combined. It's simple to imagine it's grief and guilt from the situation with Jon, but such things usually get worse before they get better, and both phases had passed in the days before. She should be, if not feeling a lot better, at least appearing more her normal self by now.

It would be something else, then, added to said grief. Another thought pressing her mind, perhaps brought to bear by today's ceremonies... but Dyana was famous between her and Gwyn for being more recluse and hard than the two of them. Crying on her sister's shoulder was an exception, the only of its kind thus far, and it is unlikely she'd repeat the scene if approached now. Still, there is something there.

Dyana Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:46 pm

(Okay. I've staring at this screen for like half-an-hour, and I'm still completely blanking on a gift. So, I'm just going to use a placeholder. ...And now I'm blanking on words. Joy.)

"
Congratulations to you both."
Daveth says, handing over [gift] with a smile. "
I wish you every success and happiness."

And may you quickly start repopulating the house I depopulated so effectively.

No! Bad Daveth!
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:41 am

Daveth Coldbrook wrote:(Okay. I've staring at this screen for like half-an-hour, and I'm still completely blanking on a gift. So, I'm just going to use a placeholder. ...And now I'm blanking on words. Joy.)

"
Congratulations to you both."
Daveth says, handing over [gift] with a smile. "
I wish you every success and happiness."

And may you quickly start repopulating the house I depopulated so effectively.

No! Bad Daveth!

"
Thank you, Daveth,"
Corrine replies, lightly embracing him.

"
Don't mention the other gift to Ben yet. I want to show it to him once it's underway,"
she whispers, then withdraws.

"
I do hope you will come visit when things calm down."

[ooc: in case it isn't clear, she's referring to our prior agreement about the Godswood.]
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:27 am

Ben looks at Daveth curiously. Then just smiles. "
Thank you Daveth."

For one of the most long-winded talkers I know, that sure was short. Hope he is not still pissed.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:00 am

Corrine excuses herself and makes her way over to Gwyn.

"
Cousin, is Dyana alright?"
she asks in a hushed voice. "
She doesn't seem herself."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:56 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:"
Thank you, Daveth,"
Corrine replies, lightly embracing him.

"
Don't mention the other gift to Ben yet. I want to show it to him once it's underway,"
she whispers, then withdraws.

"
I do hope you will come visit when things calm down."
Daveth simply gives her a wryly amused look at her whispered request. "
Thank you, I will certainly try to, but can't make any promises."

Benedict Marsten wrote:Ben looks at Daveth curiously. Then just smiles. "
Thank you Daveth."

For one of the most long-winded talkers I know, that sure was short. Hope he is not still pissed.
"
You're welcome, Lord Benedict. Enjoy the day."
Daveth doesn't seem overtly upset or angry, and doesn't seem to be ignoring the new Lord Marsten. If anything, he simply seems a bit distracted. Still, after his short, simple words, he leaves to join the main party.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:47 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Corrine excuses herself and makes her way over to Gwyn.

"

Gwyneth looks around at Corrine in surprise, then frowns a little as she looks for Dyana.

"
Hm. Distant. Brooding. Pleasant, but disconnected."

She returns her attention to Corrine.

"
She seems normal enough to me."

At Corrine's expression, Gwyn breaks into an apologetic smile and holds her hand out.l "
All right, all right, I'm sorry. Yes, she probably has a lot on her mind right now. Not just the events of the melee, but...I'll wager...Daveth's little visit afterwards."
She grins.

"
Lets just watch and wait for now. It's too soon after the other night...and if we chase after her every time we think there's something going on in her life, she'll just start finding excuses to avoid us."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:52 pm

Gwyneth Marsten wrote:
Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Corrine excuses herself and makes her way over to Gwyn.

"

Gwyneth looks around at Corrine in surprise, then frowns a little as she looks for Dyana.

"
Hm. Distant. Brooding. Pleasant, but disconnected."

She returns her attention to Corrine.

"
She seems normal enough to me."

At Corrine's expression, Gwyn breaks into an apologetic smile and holds her hand out.l "
All right, all right, I'm sorry. Yes, she probably has a lot on her mind right now. Not just the events of the melee, but...I'll wager...Daveth's little visit afterwards."
She grins.

"
Lets just watch and wait for now. It's too soon after the other night...and if we chase after her every time we think there's something going on in her life, she'll just start finding excuses to avoid us."

Corrine nods reluctantly;

"
You are right, of course,"
she sighs. "
I just worry, that's all. You know how I get. Someone being unhappy is like a challenge to me to make it right."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:05 am

"
Pardon me, Lady Gwyn. May I borrow my lady wife for a dance?"
Ben smiles warmly at both women, but gives a sly wink to Corrine.

"
My Lady?"
Ben extends his hand.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:10 am

Benedict Marsten wrote:"
Pardon me, Lady Gwyn. May I borrow my lady wife for a dance?"
Ben smiles warmly at both women, but gives a sly wink to Corrine.

"
My Lady?"
Ben extends his hand.

"
I am delighted to accept, My Lord,"
Corrine giggles, taking his hand and following, turning to give Gwyn a cheery little wave, mouthing a brief apology for peeling off abruptly.

Taking position, Corrine began to move with her husband.

"
I hope you will feel a bit more confident about this than our last dance,"
she says with a kind look.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:19 am

"
Of course. I know my partner will catch me if I stumble and cover my mistakes. Not to mention right now I could give a damn what others think."
He smiles his crooked grin, leading off onto the floor.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:29 am

"
Good. I recall meeting a rather shy man in the library a few weeks ago. It is good to see him transformed before me. It suits you. We may not fit what others expect, but we can make that our strength."
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:50 am

Gwyneth gives Ben and Corrine a little finger-wave, chuckling to herself as she turns away to sample some of the modest, but tasty refreshments.
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next