Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 3: All day] Party Invite! (Open to all - must read!)

+9
Ser Jorah Holt
Gwyneth Drakeson
Kevan Lyras
Lady Corrine Marsten
Loreia
Theomore Tullison
Benedict Marsten
Dunstan Tullison
Jon Cobb
13 posters

Go down

[Day 3: All day] Party Invite! (Open to all - must read!) Empty [Day 3: All day] Party Invite! (Open to all - must read!)

Post by Jon Cobb Fri May 08, 2015 1:49 pm

Come one, come all to House Bartheld's legendary masquerade ball!
Three days hence, at sunset at the Black Boar's camp,
All are welcome, whether you be highborn, commoner or tramp.
Bring friends and good cheer,
House Bartheld will stand you the beer;

Or wine if such is your pleasure
- We bid you welcome to an evening of leisure!

Come partake of the Boar's largesse!
Hot stew and fresh-baked bread for those in need,
Lamprey pie and roast suckling pig for worthies by title or deed.
Amusements aplenty are guaranteed!
Jugglers, singers and jousting dwarfs,
Music, dancing and puppet shows
- Come one, come all, to savor the joys House Bartheld bestows!

All day long, hired criers have been spreading the news, while a steady stream of liveried servants have delivered personal invitations to the noble families attending the tourney - House Bartheld is throwing one of its famous masked balls!

Where? At the Bartheld encampment.
When? After the Mummer's Show on the sixth day of the tournament, to continue at least until midnight

[OOC: In the finest Bartheld tradition, the festivities will be open to both nobles and smallfolk, but the snobbish need have no fear - the commoners will have their own designated feasting space, with separate food, drink and entertainment. Only those of noble rank or with a personal invitation will be allowed into the ball proper. Everyone must wear a mask while at the ball, and officially it may not be removed while within the confines of the Bartheld camp.

This is nothing sinister - it has nothing to do with any disputes within House Bartheld - it's just a party! Of course, if you lazy beggars can't get up to some serious mischief at a masked ball, well then you're just not trying, are you? :;
):

If you want to attend, please leave a post in this thread (some of you have already been invited earlier - it'd be great if you could confirm by leaving a post here as well). The festivities begin in the Mid Evening slot on day 6, and can reasonably be expected to continue until the Early Night slot (longer if people want to keep posting as being at the party). Posts can be IC or OOC, as your prefer. Hope to see you all there!]

Last edited by 117 on Sun May 24, 2015 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

[Day 3: All day] Party Invite! (Open to all - must read!) Empty Re: [Day 3: All day] Party Invite! (Open to all - must read!

Post by Dunstan Tullison Fri May 08, 2015 2:06 pm

Dunstan was munching some raspberries as Hendry the page delivered him the invitation.

"
Here, Lord, someone gave this to the guards in front"
- he never was the most courteous of pages, that Hendry.

Looking over the skillfully assembled note Dunstan wiped of the raspberry juice of his beard with a tunic sleeve and smiled.

"
Find whoever gave you this and tell him I'll be there!"
he said.

"
Ugh, fine.. My Lord"
Hendry replied and left the tent.

Dunstan Tullison

Back to top Go down

[Day 3: All day] Party Invite! (Open to all - must read!) Empty Re: [Day 3: All day] Party Invite! (Open to all - must read!

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri May 08, 2015 2:54 pm

OoC: The Blackthornes will be there as stated in 'Thorne and Hammer thread.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri May 08, 2015 3:28 pm

For certain, Ser Theomore has never been one to turn down such an invitation.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri May 08, 2015 4:09 pm

On her way to the stables in the market, Loreia happens by a crier hawking news of a party to the smallfolk. Masks? she wonders, will they be provided, or will I have to grab one while I'm out here in advance? She grins and nods at the crier, who continues to cry out to no one in particular, grateful for the addition of a news topic she may discuss with the stable hands later.

OOC: If I've learned anything about masked balls in TV and games...
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Fri May 08, 2015 4:12 pm

Loreia Merrgal wrote:On her way to the stables in the market, Loreia happens by a crier hawking news of a party to the smallfolk. Masks? she wonders, will they be provided, or will I have to grab one while I'm out here in advance? She grins and nods at the crier, who continues to cry out to no one in particular, grateful for the addition of a news topic she may discuss with the stable hands later.

OOC: If I've learned anything about masked balls in TV and games...
It's officially BYOM, but if you happen to know someone in the Bartheld household I'm sure an...appropriate...mask could be found for you. :;
):

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri May 08, 2015 5:01 pm

Corrine was rather taken aback when her mother suggested she go to the Barthelds' party. She half-suspected Lady Isobel had some manner of trap in store, some new toad to foist on her, perhaps. But she agreed nonetheless. After all, the Barthelds were renowned for their parties.

And, I suppose, it might divert me from my worries for a time, she thought.

Last edited by 151 on Sat May 09, 2015 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat May 09, 2015 9:05 am

A masquerade ball? At a Tourney? The Barthelds really cannot be without their parties...

"
Tell your master that I will attend!"
he answers to the page that brought him the finely crafted invitation

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat May 09, 2015 1:51 pm

Gwyn smirks a little at the message, but nods her head. A masquerade could be very entertaining indeed...and she did owe Jon Cobb a party, did she not?
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat May 09, 2015 4:30 pm

A party like this would show what Ser fendrel would be like as lord of House Bartheld. He told Fendrel he would consider both and this was his opportunity.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sat May 09, 2015 5:55 pm

Edmund will be there

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Wed May 13, 2015 8:50 pm

Athelstan will be there.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Wed May 13, 2015 9:08 pm

Athelstan wrote:Athelstan will be there.
Bonus points if you come as Baelon Waters and insult everybody! Very Happy

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Sat May 23, 2015 11:33 pm

While he'd held back on committing until he'd at least met both potential lords, Daveth belatedly sends a message confirming his attendance.
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue May 26, 2015 12:46 am

OOC: Apologies for the delay. Baelon is in fact attending.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[Day 3: All day] Party Invite! (Open to all - must read!) Empty Re: [Day 3: All day] Party Invite! (Open to all - must read!)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down