Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Epilogue]The Real reason for a Wedding(open)

+4
Ser Jorah Holt
Loreia
Lady Corrine Marsten
Benedict Marsten
8 posters

Go down

[Epilogue]The Real reason for a Wedding(open) Empty [Epilogue]The Real reason for a Wedding(open)

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:06 am

Drinking Contest
It starts as it always does in the back corner of the hall. One guy challenges another and before you know it a crowd has gathered and a whole table is filled with crazy friends and family who think they can out drink everyone or just want to have a laugh.

This time a gauntlet sets in the middle of the table holding 1GD for the winner. Pull up a chair and grab a drinking vessel.

Cunning to pace yourself: each DOS adds +1 to endurance
Will to push pass threshold: each DOS adds +1 to endurance
(1 option from above)

Endurance hold your drink: 1DOS= success
2DOS and up= add +1 to next endurance
Failure= Can't finish drink
Crit Failure= Puke or pass out player choice

Winner gets a hangover and 1GD

Round 1 TN6
Round 2 TN9
Round 3 TN12
Round 4 TN 15
Round 5 TN 18
Round 6 Yeah right!

Sneaky Sneaks feel free to try cheating if you like. Its a fun atmosphere the worse you may get is some friendly ribbing. Though Loreia is here so you may get challenged to a duel. :;
): Laughing

Feel free to peer pressure(intrigue) those who do not want to participate. "
Cough-Baelon-Cough"
:;
):

Last edited by 113 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Epilogue]The Real reason for a Wedding(open) Empty Re: [Epilogue]The Real reason for a Wedding(open)

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:24 am

Corrine is already in a celebratory mood, and so boldly joins in with the banter, handing her empty wine glass over to be filled.

"
To love and marriage!"
she toasts, before downing the first drink.

Round 1

[url=Will][/url]: 4d6 14 (2 DoS)
[url=Endurance][/url]: 2d6+2 9 (1 DoS)

She splutters as she swallows the drink with difficulty, realising that the cheeky sod who poured her drink had given her brandy instead of wine. She gulps it down bravely, but her face quickly becomes flushed and her head light. Despite this, she tries again, actually asking for the brandy this time, holding out her wine glass with the words "
Come on. Splishy splashy!"
, then a raucous giggle.

Round 2

[url=Will][/url]: 4d6 9 (1 DoS)
[url=Endurance][/url]: 2d6+1 7

Unaccustomed to liquor, Corrine finds herself gagging a little on the second wine glass full of brandy, and pushes it away, only two thirds empty.

"
Ugh, nope. That stuff is disgusting,"
she laughs giddily, shaking her head. "
I can feel it searing my insides already. Surely nobody actually likes that?!"
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

[Epilogue]The Real reason for a Wedding(open) Empty Re: [Epilogue]The Real reason for a Wedding(open)

Post by Loreia Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:36 am

Party gossip draws Loreia's attention. Boisterous laughter and tough talk lures her to a drinking contest, at a wedding. The amount in the pile is enough to draw her into the game.

"
Only at tourneys an' weddings,"
she sighs, "
and only for a gold dragon's worth in silver."

She sits down for the first match against a squirrely, contentious Westerlander. "
Come Try Me, northern freak!"
he sneers.

"
You're goin' to throw up dove pie,"
she says with a smirk.

Will: [url=Will - drinking 1, story 1 weddings][/url]: 4d6 13 (2 DoS) +1B Dedication? [url=1B Dedicat. TN6 - story 1 weddings][/url]: 1d6 for 16 (3 DoS)
Endurance: [url=Endurance TN6 - story 1 weddings][/url]: 5d6+2 19 +2/+3(DoS) 21(22? Whatever, I win.*)

[url=Will - drinking TN9-18][/url]: 4#4d6 17 20 15 13

[url=Endurance - drinking TN9, wedding][/url]: 5d6+2 24 +2(DoS) = 26
[url=Endurance - drinking TN12, wedding][/url]: 5d6+2 24 +2(DoS) = 26
[url=Endurance - drinking TN15, wedding][/url]: 5d6+2 25 +1(DoS) = 26
[url=Endurance - drinking TN18, wedding][/url]: 5d6+2 10
What!?

Loreia is going strong, right up until the end when food mixes unpleasantly with the drink by sheer quantity, and grabs the bucket latrine brought in earlier to retch into it. Ugh, someone already used this! The sight and smell of someone else's vomit causes her to lurch, and the thankfulness that it covers up the smell of what it was used for before that barely, briefly, registers in her mind. Meanwhile, the boisterous crowd cheers the winner, a sworn sword of House Tully.

* - Ruled NO specialties for Cunning or Will.

Last edited by 129 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:15 am

Ser Jorah sits down and shakes his head in amusement.

round 1
ooc
I'm presuming the t/n's listed apply to all the rolls
[url=cunning - drinking][/url]: 3d6k3 14 so +2

[url=endurance drinking][/url]: 4d6k4+2 8

Pacing his drinking, Jorah manages to get his drink down, but it doesn't seem to fully agree with him.

round 2

[url=cunning - drinking][/url]: 3d6k3 11 +1
[url=endurance drinking][/url]: 4d6k4+1 18 - much better 2 DOS

This time Jorah downs his drink in one and is no the worse for it, pacing himself properly.

Round 3
[url=cunning - drinking][/url]: 3d6k3 9 - no bonus
[url=endurance drinking][/url]: 4d6k4+1 10

Whatever is distracting Ser Jorah still seems to be bothering and he is unable to finish his drink this time. He pushes it away, disgusted with himself for not managing to do better.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:29 pm

[OOC: 100 GD? That's twice the melee purse, half a wealth resource! That's an insane amount for a drinking contest. I think you have an extra zero - no, two extra zeros in there. Or were you thinking silver stags?]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:50 pm

OOC: Good catch Baelon! Gotta stop posting late. Was supposed to be SS, but will make it 1GD since I made the mistake. SORRY folks!
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:01 pm

What specialties apply (if any)? Resilience is an obvious candidate. Though none of the ones for cunning or will seems to fit the description, dedication let's you resist temptation easier...not push yourself to endure more of it. Does 3 and 4 DoS on the Endurance test confer additional +1's to the next one?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:06 pm

OOC: Resilience the only specialty that applies as most others do not fit. Dedication is iffy, but in the interest of simplicity no specialties for Cunning or Will.

Each DoS above initial adds +1 to next endurance.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:14 pm

[url=Cheating at drinking, round 1][/url]: 5d6k4+2 15 2 DoS=+4
[url=Drinking round 1][/url]: 3d6+4 16 3 DoS +2 to next round

[url=Cheating at drinking, round 2][/url]: 5d6k4+2 14 1 DoS=+2
[url=Drinking round 2][/url]: 3d6+4 12 1 DoS

[url=Cheating at drinking, round 3][/url]: 5d6k4+2 17 1 DoS=+2
[url=Drinking round 3][/url]: 3d6+2 11 Fails

[RP to come later-ish, ]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Daveth Coldbrook Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:41 pm

Unusually, Daveth joins the contest, despite him normally only drinking in moderation.

[url=Drinking Contest - Round 1 - Cunning (TN6)][/url]: 4d6 14 2 DoS
[url=Drinking Contest - Round 1 - Drink (TN6)][/url]: 2d6+2 8

He doesn't go too wild, though, still controlling his intake. Still, he feels it hitting him hard already. He's almost tempted to change his mind and back out, but he notices Ser Jorah competing at the same time, and carries on.

[url=Drinking Contest - Round 2 - Cunning (TN9)][/url]: 4d6 16 2 DoS
[url=Drinking Contest - Round 2 - Drink (TN9)][/url]: 2d6+2 10

A part of him is urging him to just throw the drink down his neck, but he maintains control, and manages to just about hold this round down, though the room has already begun spinning somewhat. Looking over at Ser Jorah, he sees the knight finish his round with a great deal more ease. They both reach for the next round.

[url=Drinking Contest - Round 3 - Cunning (TN12)][/url]: 4d6 12 1 DoS
[url=Drinking Contest - Round 3 - Drink (TN12)][/url]: 2d6+1 10

The little part of his brain that skill functioned managed to keep Daveth in control. He finally can't down any more at precisely the same moment Ser Jorah does, the two of them placing their unfinished drinks down simultaneously. Their eyes meet, Ser Jorah's frustrated at his poor performance, while Daveth looks slightly smug, and very drunk, before he slowly, almost gracefully, keels over backwards under the table, with a thump.

(OOC: So, yeah, I didn't have to collapse with that roll, I just thought it was funny.)
Daveth Coldbrook
Daveth Coldbrook

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:48 am

There is no way Ben was missing an opportunity to drink. He quickly slides in across from his wife with a wink.

Round 1
[url=Cunning TN 6][/url]: 3d6 10 +1
[url=Endurance TN 6 Blood of the First][/url]: 3d6+3 13 2DoS +1 next roll
Ben eases his drink back in no hurry. It was a long night and plenty of drinking to be done competition or not.

Round 2
[url=Cunning TN 9][/url]: 3d6 12 +1
[url=Endurance TN 9][/url]: 3d6+3 7Fail
Halfway through his drink he can feel the intoxication creeping through his veins. He slams his cup back down. "
Out. I have an important duty this evening and being piss drunk may interfere."
He laughs boisterously and shoots a devilish grin to Corrine.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:50 am

Corrine blushes bright pink and stifles a giggle, glancing at Ben coyly.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:22 am

Septon Arlyn sees a gathered crowd. With so many people he had met at the tourney over there he decides to see what all the fuss is about. Excusing himself from his conversation he sees Loreina finish up her bout and begin to rech into the bucket. Seeing the Westlander about to start mocking the women Septon Arlyn steps in. "
Let us see if you can keep up with a humble man of the faith! Now drink with me my friends!"

[url=Persuade the guard to drink up with the Septon][/url]: 6d6k5 17

Feeling slightly curious about the big Septon, Syeth joins him in continuing to dink well past what is reasonable or acceptable.

[url=Will test for first round of drinks][/url]: 4d6 15

2 DOS

[url=endurance to resist the effect of ETOH round 1][/url]: 3d6 15 +2 = 16

TN 6 = 3 DOS

Having already had some food to help mellow out the effects of the alcohol, Septon Arlyn easily keeps pace with the guard, Whom is now having a slight bit of trouble .

[url=Will to resist the effects round 2][/url]: 4d6 8

TN 9 = 0 DOS

[url=endurce to resist the effects of ETOH round 2][/url]: 3d6 9 +3

TN 9 = 1 DOS

Septon Arlyn is having an easy time of it, whilst the Syeth is beginning to sink below the table.

[url=Will to resist the effects of ETOH round 3][/url]: 4d6 13

1 DOS

[url=Endurance to stay upright round 3][/url]: 3d6 12 +1

TN 12 = 1 DOS

Pushing through the next set of drinks Septon Arlyn is starting to feel warm and queasy, Whilst Syeth is now under the table and softly snoring

[url=Will to push himself past the point of no return round 4][/url]: 4d6 11

TN 15 = 0 DOS

[url=Will to push himself past the point of no return round 4][/url]: 4d6 11

TN 15 = 0 DOS

Septon Arlyn takes a few swallows of the next mug. Pushing it away he comments. "
I've had my fill for the night any more and I would end up like this fellow"
. And he gestures to the silently sleeping man under the table.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:19 pm

As the Septon wisely pushes away his last drink, Loreia diligently passes him, onto her fourth drink.

Recovering from her worship of the latrine bucket after losing the bout with the fifth drink, she realizes the cheering is for her. Few contestants are left upright at the table, her own charge one of the numerous figures under the table. The cheers come from the many spectators and the few smart enough to know their limits.

Ben stands, his legs a bit wobbly. He grabs the minted dragon and tosses it to Loriea. "
Congratulations! Why in heavens did you try for a fifth?"
He laughs looking to the bucket.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:24 pm

The Septon applauds Loriena, "
You are a brave women to try for that fifth drink, few people, men or women, would have even made it to the fourth, let alone try the fifth."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:16 pm

The coin clatters to the ground. "
Ugh. I don't - have an answer,"
she croaks, bending over to pick it up.

"
Savor the memory, you two, you'll scarce have another chance to witness me in this state. I'm fine...I wasn't gonna pass, just throw up mayhaps - and, I did. After enough drinks, with me, the next one's sort of hit-or-miss, m'lord. Eugh, I need some water to rinse my mouth."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down