Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forlorn warrior

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A forlorn warrior Empty A forlorn warrior

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:52 pm

Castle Grenward

Ser Jorah was a regular at Michael Growne’s forge in his duties as Master of Arms, arranging for orders of weapons, armour and other equipment. Whilst Michael was an excellent weaponsmith and produced a decent level of armour, the constant requests for equipment wore at him and he grumbled regularly.
“Good morning Ser Jorah,” Michael said wearily, “what can I provide today? 3 dozen axes or perhaps reshoeing the entire host of cavalry?”

“Today, I bring a request of quality, not quantity. I wish to purchase a suit of full plate and a castle forged sword please,” Jorah answered, “a chance to do something a bit different from what is normally requested of.”

Michael snorted, “As much as Lord Coldbrook likes you, I don’t think he’ll stretch to providing that,” he scratched his chin, “though the chance to work on a castle forged blade would be a welcome respite.”

“He doesn’t have to,” Jorah explained, opening a coin bag full of Gold Dragons;
“this contains the money I earned from ransoms at the recent tournament and the bounty on Ser Lionel’s head which I believe should cover your time and costs. Lord Coldbrook has agreed to allow you the time to work on these, before admittedly we need a lot of equipment before the campaign against the clans.”

As overworked Michael Growne was, he looked at the money and smiled, “I think we can manage that, though if I am to be heavily worked in the next few months, I could do with some more assistance in the forge.”

“With Castle Grenward formally now House Coldbrook’s and Ser Lionel dead, things have quietened down for now. Some of the siege engineers I believe have skills that should be of assistance.”

“Thank you Ser Jorah. Shall we begin? There are a lot of measurements required for a suit of plate armour so that it fits you like a glove.”

ooc
Purchase of plate armour and a castle forged sword 4250ss

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

A forlorn warrior Empty Re: A forlorn warrior

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:09 pm

After his initial sizing from Master Growne, he headed back towards the barracks to pick out the troops who would be accompanying him against the Faith Militant. He would need men who could be stealthy and observant, but as he arrived, he found Garret waiting for him.

"
Ser Jorah, might I have a word? It is regarding a sensitive matter."

"
Of course Garret, what may I do for you?"
Jorah wondered if Garret was attempting to patch things between him and Daveth. He certainly loved his brother and this might be an attempt to thaw their relationship.

"
Ever since Daveth was confirmed as heir, I have felt a little out of place here. I have no official position here and at my age, I need to be doing more than chasing skirts as enjoyable as that is."
He smiled a roguish grin at Ser Jorah, who couldn't help but laugh in response. "
I've heard that you are intending to take out a squad to investigate the Faith Militant and I would like to join you. Of course, if you are successful in joining the Kingsguard, then that would leave a position free."
There was a twinkle in Garret's eye.

"
Well then, come inside and help me choose who would be accompanying the two of us."

"
You won't regret this."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:37 pm

Sulla
Ser Jorah lay in wait;
watching elements of the Faith Militant arrive. His men were anxious here. A plague had wiped out the House that lived here generations ago and the remaining population had fled to other regions. It had long since passed, but the spectre of death clung to this place. Before them lay one of the Faith Militant’s armour caches. Ser Duncan Haiges, could be seen ordering his men around.

With Ser Lionel Darry dead, he was one of the remaining highest ranking commanders and probably the one who would lead them into battle. Removing him would weaken them considerably and make it a lot easier to finish them. Another raid had caught up with a couple of Faith Militant, but the other caches had already been moved to new locations. This was the last location they were aware of.

He looked across at his companions. A squad from the Garrison;
Abner, Loud Sam Petyr and Deadeye Harry were some of his best men. He would have liked Loreia to have been here, but she had been granted permission to travel north with Yoren Longshore. Hopefully she would return in one piece. Garret had decided to join them just before they had left Castle Grenward. Both of them had their own reasons for not wanting to be at Castle Grenward at the moment and in fact, neither of them had been happy with life was going at the moment. Garret wanted to make a name for himself, to show his quality to his father and prove that even though he was a bastard, he wanted to be known as a reputable fighter and leader.

Lord Coldbrook had been happy for them to hunt down the remaining Faith Militant and before they returned, they would meet up with Edmund Lyras to find out what he had uncovered about Market Town. They were aware that Daveth was due to leave to assist at House Tullison and Jorah wanted Garret to accompany him. He completely disagreed with Daveth’s choice and remained angry with him. Even so, there was no chance he would leave him with no protection, despite what he had said.

He signalled his men forward to ambush the Faith Militant. Garret and Loud Sam moved around, Loud Sam distracting the lookout long enough for Garrett to knock him out. Contrary to everybody’s opinion of Ser Jorah, he was remarkably quiet on his feet when he wanted to be, even encased in full plate armour and they got close enough to charge without being spotted.

As the forces of Faith Militant had dismounted and committed to loading materials into the cart, Ser Jorah ordered them forwarded.

“Surrender now,” he ordered the Faith Militant.

Tactics roll for initiative

[url=Tactics check][/url]: 3d6r1 9

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:00 pm

"
Dumbass sentries don't know how to keep watch."

Ser Duncan spits on the ground.
"
Tree-worshipping heathen Coldbrook scum. This aught to be fun. Edd! Willain! The Seven have a gift for us!"

He looks over at his horse - in an open-air shelter with a couple of other horses on the side of the manor - and scowls, fixing his shield and drawing his sword.

At his words two guards step out of the Manor. They are dressed in mail with steel skullcaps and carry halberds.
Two similarly attired other guards having just loaded a crate into the cart pick up the halberds that they had leaned against the cart and prepare for combat.

Ser Duncan [url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6-4 7
FM Guards (1,2,3,4) [url=Initiative][/url]: 2d6-3 5
Stot initiative: [url=Initiative][/url]: 2d6 7 (after Ser Duncan)
Courser initiative: [url=Initiative][/url]: 6d6k4 15

OOC: With that 9, you can add +1B to any one ally's initiative test. Choose, then roll their initiatives (if you choose a guard, roll them separate from the other 3). You automatically go last.
Note: as was in the case with the M7 fight, horses not trained for war (all 3 are stots) will bolt (and trample anyone in their way) on the stot initiative if there is fighting adjacent to them on them for two consecutive rounds (on their initiative). If the horse with the cart bolts, the cart goes with it, likely eventually crashing. The cart horse is effectively between the squares, and does not prevent entry into them... but if it bolts, anyone in the path of the cart will be 'trampled' as if by the horse. Ser Duncan's courser is war trained, and will simply stand it's ground unless attacked. I don't anticipate it getting involved, but I rolled it's initiative just in case. I have decided that animals always lose initiative ties, for simplicity.

Code:
| A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M |
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
1 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Key:

---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---| A,B,C,D :
Coldbrook Guards
2 | A | | | | | | | | | | | | | G:
Garrett
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---| J:
Jorah
3 | | B | | | | | |CCC|CCC| 1 | | | | H:
Ser Duncan Haiges
---|---|---|---|---|---|-HHHHH-|---|---|---|---|---|---| 1,2,3,4:
Faith Militant Guards
4 | G | | | | | | |CCC|CCC| 2 | | | H |
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---| HHH, HHHHH:
Horses (stots), not war trained
5 | J | | | | | | | | | | | | | WAR:
A warhorse (courser), unsaddled and unbridled
6 | | C | | | | | | | | | 3 | 4 | | CCC:
A half-loaded cart, attached to HHHHH
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---| DDD:
Door into the manor (double-doors)
7 | D | | | | H | H | W |MMM|MMM|MMM|DDD|DDD|MMM| MMM:
Manor (extends off-map)
---|---|---|---|---|-H-|-H-|-A-|---|---|---|---|---|---|
8 | | | | | H | H | R |MMM|MMM|MMM|MMM|MMM|MMM|
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:01 pm

"
Fun!! I see the level of idiocy within the Faith Militant has grown after I killed Ser Lionel."
Ser Jorah taunted them, guiding his troops into position.

Garrett
[url=Initiative][/url]: 5d6k3-4 8
Brigandine, sword and shield
[url=extra initiative dice][/url]: 1d6 3, I misread his stats, so needed to roll an extra dice
So 11

Guards
[url=Initiative][/url]: 2d6k2-3 8

Mail and halberds

Garret smiled and twirled his sword stepping, taunting Ser Duncan
"
Do you think you have the skill to defeat the son of Lord Coldbrook or are you planning to hide behind your men?"

Two guards moved forward to secure the cart and prevent the Faith Militant from escaping quickly, whilst the others went to secure the horses. There would be no easy escape for the Faith Militant.

ooc

Guards A&
B move to F2 and E2 respectively and aim ready for their opponents
Garret moves to D5, taunts Ser Duncan
[url=taunt ser Duncan][/url]: 3d6k3 7
Guards C&
D move to E6 and E5 to secure the horses

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:56 am

Ser Duncan moves around the cart to get a better look at Garrett.
"
I think the real question is whether you've got the guts to face me one on one or whether you're as spineless as that pisspot coward heathen you call a father. I don't see him out here;
what, he sends his bastard brat and his trained Dornish dog to fight his battles, is that it? Alright men, let the whelp through to face me. Do the world a favor and kill the rest of these scum tree-worshippers. The Seven bless those who fight for them."

The two Faith Militant behind the cart rush forth to face the approaching guards to the north, the first hooking the lead northerner's leg with his halberd, sending the man sprawling to the ground. The second follows it up with a devastating slash to the downed man's head, splitting his helm and skull in twain.

The two guards that came out of the manor - Edd and Willain - charge the two guards closer to the manor. One of the Coldbrook guards loses half an arm before being disemboweled, and the other pierced through the chest;
both fall to the ground fatally wounded.

Ser Duncan laughs. "
You should have brought more for us to kill, this'll be over too quickly!"

OOC:
Ser Duncan:
Move to L5
Aim
CD 7, AR 10, 12/12 health
F/I/W: 0/0/0

Guard 1:
Move to G1
[url=Knockdown Guard A][/url]: 4d6 19 vs TN 8, Success
CD 6, AR 5, 9/9 health

Guard 2:
[url=Charge Guard A (with KD)][/url] (End in G2): 5d6k4 16 vs CD 6, 3 DoS , 9 damage per DoS;
27 - 5AR = 22 Damage. Guard A is killed.
CD 6, AR 5, 9/9 health

Guard 3:
[url=Charge Guard C][/url] (End in F5): 4d6k3 12 vs CD 6, 2 DoS, 9 damage per DoS;
18 - 5 AR, 13 Damage. Guard C is killed.
CD 6, AR 5, 9/9 health

Guard 4:
[url=Charge Guard D][/url] (End in F6): 4d6k3 12 vs CD 6, 2 DoS, 9 damage per DoS;
18 - 5 AR, 13 Damage. Guard D is killed.
CD 6, AR 5, 9/9 health

Note: Garrett can move past the Faith Militant guards with no reprisal (as they have been ordered to let him pass). Ser Jorah would face passive attacks as normal.

Well this round was bloody. High damage weapons used against low defense characters - a recipe for quick deaths. No doubt Ser Jorah will turn things around with little difficulty.

Code:
1 | | | | | | | 1 | | | | | | | Key:

Coldbrook Guards
2 | | | | | B | | 2 | | | | | | | G:
Garrett
Jorah
3 | | | | | | | |CCC|CCC| | | | | H:
Ser Duncan Haiges
Faith Militant Guards
4 | | | | | | | |CCC|CCC| | | | |
5 | J | | | G | | 3 | | | | | | H | | WAR:
6 | | | | | | 4 | | | | | | | | CCC:
7 | | | | | H | H | W |MMM|MMM|MMM|DDD|DDD|MMM| MMM:
Manor (extends off-map)
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:44 am

Ser Jorah realised his mistake and swore. He hated losing men and he'd let them get too close. Hearing Garret taunt Ser Duncan, he realised Garret wanted his moment of glory.

"
Be careful Garret, he's more dangerous than you think."

Time to even the situation and keep his men alive. Loud Sam was still alive and needed his help. If they removed those two men, then it would be an even fight. He charged one of the guards near Loud Sam and cleaved his head in with a single stroke. Loud Sam screamed at the death of his friend and moved forward, striking with his halberd, splitting his face in two.

ooc
charge to F2
[url=charging guard][/url]: 6d6k4 19 attacks guard 2
3 DOS for 7 damage each, 21-5 = 16 damage - dead
Loud Sam (Guard B) moves to F1 and attacks guard 1
[url=vengeance strike][/url]: 5d6k4 14 2 DOS, so 14 damage - 5AR = 9 damage. Dead

Garret stepped forward slowly, still twirling his sword.

"
Come and get me then Ser Duncan, or are you scared to come forward and face me?"

He spoke quietly to the two remaining Faith Militant guards as he moved up close, hoping that they would obey orders.

"
In a moment, Ser Jorah will be here. I suggest that you aren't. His blood is up, which means you'll be dead in seconds and do you really think you will be able to face the man who killed Ser Lionel Darry."

ooc
Move to E5
Intimidation against the guards
[url=scare the guards][/url]: 3d6k3 16

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:04 pm

[OOC: I think you forgot the training penalty on the guard's halberd, it should have been only 4d6. Dropping a random die:
[url=dropping random extra die][/url]: 1d5 2 Drops a 5, reducing the total to 10, 1 DoS, 7 - 5AR = 2 Damage.]
----------------------------------

Ser Duncan scowls at Garrett's words. The boy talked too much. He'd not be able to get those two to take on the knight right now. Best to redirect their attention.
"
Edd, Willain, don't listen to him. The Warrior curses cowards. Stand your ground and take that lordling down a peg... and make a hole for me."

[Ser Duncan delays until after his guards]

The first Faith Militant guard shouts incoherently as Ser Jorah kills his friend, and focuses his attention on the knight rather than Loud Sam - clearly the plate-bound man is the greater threat. He tries the same move he did against the Coldbrook guard, using the spike on the back of his halberd to pull one of Ser Jorah's legs out from under him, but the spike fails to find purchase, sliding off of the knight's plate-bound leg. He swings the halberd around, delivering a solid blow against Ser Jorah's side.
[[url=Knockdown Ser Jorah][/url]: 4d6 10 (fails)
[url=Attack Ser Jorah][/url]: 4d6 17 vs. 12 CD, 2 DoS, 14 - 11AR = 3 Damage
I've assumed the same stats as the Benjen Frey combat, but with plate - please post combat stats]
CD 6, AR 5, 7/9 health

Edd (Guard 3) circles around Garrett and attempts to sweep the bastard off his feet.
[Move to D5
[url=Knockdown Garrett][/url]: 4d6 12 vs TN 16 (fails)]
CD 6, AR 5, 9/9 health

Willain (Guard 4) also tries to knock Garrett down, but the agile northman easily avoids it. The follow-up attack however, finds a gap in the plates of Garrett's brigandine, slicing quite deep.
[url=Knockdown Garrett][/url]: 4d6 12 vs TN 16 (fails)
[url=Attack Garrett][/url]: 4d6 22 vs. 10 CD, 3 DoS, 21 - 8AR = 13 Damage - I presume he will take an injury or wound to prevent defeat]
I've assumed the same stats as Melee Group 6, but with brigandine - please post combat stats]
CD 6, AR 5, 9/9 health

Ser Duncan charges the injured northern brat, his sword making a second vicious cut. Time to send Lord Coldbrook a message - his son's head in a box, perhaps.
[[url=Charge Garrett (with Aim)][/url] (end in F5): 8d6k4 19 vs. 10 CD, 2 DoS, 14 - 8 AR = 6 Damage]

Code:
1 | | | | | | B | 1 | | | | | | | Key:

Coldbrook Guards
2 | | | | | | J | | | | | | | | G:
Garrett
Jorah
Ser Duncan Haiges
Faith Militant Guards
4 | | | | | | | |CCC|CCC| | | | |
5 | | | | 3 | G | H | | | | | | | | WAR:
6 | | | | | | 4 | | | | | | | | CCC:
Manor (extends off-map)
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:13 pm

whoops, and nuts. typical of my luck. Then I get these rolls - my god, I've never rolled like this before.

Seeing Garret under attack by the cowardly Ser Duncan and the 2 guards he had instructed to let pass, Ser Jorah growled. He had to stop believing these scum could be trusted at all.

"
Finish this one!"
he ordered Loud Sam, moving to help Garret. The guard struck at him as he turned his back, but the blow merely bounced off his armour. He took a few steps, dismissively eliminating Edd, almost separating his opponent's head clean from his neck, with a single swipe of his sword.

"
You are as cowardly as the late Ser Lionel. I will not any mistake with trusting your word at all."

ooc
As the guard's passive attack will only generate 1DOS, that's absorbed by my armour.
Lesser - move to E4
Lesser - [url=attack on guard Edd][/url]: 6d6k5 27 - 4DOS, so 15 damage after armour, Edd's dead baby, Edd's dead.)

Ser Jorah
CD 12
Health 9/12
AR 11
W/I/F
0/0/0
Contingency 1 fatigue if it prevents 1DOS of health damage

Finding himself heavily beset by foes, he held them off as best he could before Ser Jorah arrived to help, feeling his ribs getting bruised through his armour. He was glad Ser Jorah had refitted his old armour to fit him. He smiled as Edd died and his sword slipped through Wilhelm's guard, piercing through his mail and through his stomach. Even so, Ser Duncan had hurt him and he needed a moment to recover and he stepped back to Ser Jorah's side.

Garret takes 2 injuries
CD 9
AR 8
Health 1/12
W/I/F
0/2/0
lesser - [url=Kill Wilhelm][/url]: 6d6k4-2 20 - 4DOS for 20 damage, 15 after AR 5 removed. Another dead
lesser - step back to recover to D4

Loud Sam, following his Commander's orders and still full of righteous fury, swung his halberd as hard as he could, cleaving his opponent clean almost in twain.

Aim for +1B

[url=Finish Faith Militant][/url]: 5d6k4 24 That's 28 damage, so utter death.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:38 pm

[OOC Just a couple quick comments having to do with the house rules:
1. Gareth stepping back from Ser Duncan would produce a 3 DoS passive attack, for 15 - 8AR = 7 Damage.
2. Contingent fatigue use is all or nothing - it is decided before the roll, so it can't be triggered by the specific value of the roll.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:02 am

Ooc As my numbers were wrong anyway and Garret only got 3 DOS, I'm not going to change to cautious attack, but will use maneuver as his second action.

Garret tried to force Ser Duncan with a flurry of sword strikes, but the knight deftly deflected them. Steadying himself, he prepared for an attack, though with Ser Jorah by his side, Ser Duncan may decide to attack him instead.

[url=Maneuver Ser Duncan][/url]: 6d6k4-2 14 which fails. He will use 1 fatigue to remove armour penalties, so his CD is 13 for the next round He doesn't move though to avoid the passive attack

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:46 am

Ser Duncan, faced with two dangerous foes, takes the defensive. He knocks Ser Jorah's feet out from under him, hoping that the Knight will stand rather than risk a vulnerable attack. He then presses his attack against the wounded Garrett. Ser Duncan knows he may die here, but he does not fear death. When he sees the Warrior in the afterlife, he wants to be able to say that he did not die in vain.
Lesser Action: [url=Knockdown Ser Jorah][/url]: 4d6 13 vs TN 12(?) Success (?)
Lesser Action: [url=Cautious Attack vs Garrett][/url]: 7d6k4 21 vs 13 CD, 2 DoS, 10 - 8AR = 2 Damage. Chipping away...

All three stots whinny and stamp their feet, their eyes rolling. The clash of steel and the scent of blood an entrails has driven them almost to the point of panic and madness.

Code:
1 | | | | | | B | | | | | | | | Key:

Coldbrook Guards
2 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | G:
Garrett
Jorah
Ser Duncan Haiges
Faith Militant Guards
4 | | | | | J | | |CCC|CCC| | | | |
5 | | | | | G | H | | | | | | | | WAR:
6 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | CCC:
Manor (extends off-map)
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:53 am

At the last moment, Ser Jorah twisted and kept his footing to the dismay of Ser Duncan for a moment before Ser Jorah returned the favour, knocking him to the ground with his shield

Spend a DP to reduce his success on the knockdown so Ser Duncan is unsuccessful. It doesn’t matter which dice is removed as any of them make it a failure
Knockdown and attack on Ser Duncan
[url=Knockdown Ser Duncan][/url]: 4d6k4 12
[url=Attack Ser Duncan][/url]: 7d6k6 29
4 DOS, so 20 damage, 10 damage after AR 10.

Garret attempted to force Ser Duncan back again, this time forcing the Knight moved back a yard away from the cart. He then rushed to the horses trying to prevent them from bolting with all the bloodshed.

Take another injury, so health 4/12
[url=Maneuver Ser Duncan][/url]: 6d6k4-3 18
Actually, as he’s knocked down, does Garret also gain the bonus dice?
[url=Extra dice][/url]: 1d6 2 Move him to G6

Move , spend 1 fatigue for a lesser action to assist Loud Sam move the horses

Ugh, this is possibly not about to go well for them.

“Sam, get the horses away,"
Garret called
Sam rushed over, grabbing at their reins and leaping onto the cart, urging the horses to move away from the fighting.

Animal Handling [url=Rescue the horses][/url]: 2d6k2 8 +1 assist so 9.
Hope that’s enough just to guide them away

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:56 pm

[OOC: Garrett does get the extra die, but [url=per this post][/url] he would not get his bonus dice;
so it should have been 5d6-3;
ignoring the extra die you rolled and [url=dropping a die][/url]: 1d6 4 from the roll yields a revised total of 21. Presuming that if the specialty doesn't count on the offense it wouldn't count on the defense, that is still a success.

I do want to point out that there is only 1 horse on the cart, the other two are in E7-8 and F7-8.
Given that, do you still want Garrett to be assisting Sam, or to try to calm one of the other horses?]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:40 pm

ooc
I was presuming that the TN would be 9. If it is lower, then he would go to another horse.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:34 am

[ooc: apologies for the delay on this - I will have a post up by the end of the week.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:30 pm

The carthorse is calmed by the combined efforts of Garrett and Sam, and together they coax it to move a few yards away from the manor, almost clipping Ser Jorah with the cart in the process.
[OOC: The normal move for a Stot is 6 yards, but I figure a heavy cart, half loaded and with two passengers is going to be at least 8 bulk, so 2 yards of movement, at an angle to avoid running over Ser Jorah]

Ser Duncan
Ser Duncan stands, recognizing that the cart is in the hands of enemies and his preferred target is getting away, leaving him to the tender mercies of the wrathful Ser Jorah.
He runs into the stables and attempts to leap onto his courses, slides down it's side, but then recovers and pulls himself up successfully, and puts his heels to the horse's flank, fleeing.

Greater Action:Stand
[url=Vault into the Saddle][/url]: 3d6-1 7 Fails
Take fatigue for lesser action: Interact (mount horse)
Take fatigue for lesser action: Control horse
Take fatigue for lesser action: move (8 yards) off map.

Stots
The two stots next to the warhorse, already frightened, panic and run, narrowly avoiding Ser Jorah and the carthorse.

The battle is over. Ser Jorah and Garrett managed to seize the arms shipment, but Ser Duncan Haigh escapes. It is a victory for House Coldbrook, but at a high cost.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:59 am

The chase is on, with an exhausted Ser Duncan desperately seeking to elude Ser Jorah as he spurs his horse through Sulla's plague emptied streets. The pox had struck long ago, but still men feared to call it home.

The village was troubled by few inhabitants allowing Ser Duncan to ride flat out in his attempt to escape, but also easing pursuit and reducing the risk of collateral damage...

CD 7, AR 10, 2/12 health
F/I/W: 3/0/0

[Chase rules, opposed Animal Handling (ride) checks, quarry wins ties.
[url=Chase - Animal Handling (Ride)][/url]: 10#5d6k3-3 9 6 9 9 12 9 9 8 6 5]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:39 am

Ser Jorah leaped onto Argo and gave chase. He was not going to let him escape that easily

[url=chase Ser Duncan][/url]: 10#5d6k3 16 15 14 12 14 12 10 13 10 7

Don't we need to make a second set of rolls for the horse

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:26 am

Ser Jorah Holt wrote:Ser Jorah leaped onto Argo and gave chase. He was not going to let him escape that easily

[url=chase Ser Duncan][/url]: 10#5d6k3 16 15 14 12 14 12 10 13 10 7

Don't we need to make a second set of rolls for the horse

[OOC: your mounts have a similar speed, so I thought I'd make this more a contest of skill and getting more out of your mount, so I went with straight Animal Handling (Ride) tests. If you're on Argo, the superior Fossoway steed, your checks are at +1, further cementing your victory. From the above, Ser Jorah easily reaches 3 DoS and chases Ser Duncan down, so we'll go in to combat again.]

Justice in Westeros is not always swift in action or thought, but such cynical thoughts were banished wherever Ser Jorah rode. Perhaps the songs sung of the young knight were true, or perhaps he was merely beginning to live up to the propaganda that surrounded him?

Ser Duncan had little time to dwell on these questions as Ser Jorah bore down on him, sword in hand. Cornered against Sulla's long abandoned granary, Ser Duncan had little choice but to save his implacable foe once more.

CD 7
AR 10
2/12 health
[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6-7 0
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:09 am

Ser Jorah easily caught up with Ser Duncan, unhampered as he was by injuries. However, he was unable to adjust to attack his quarry as well as he would like and hurried his blow. He connected solidly, but the blow was absorbed by the foul knight's armour.

[url=Initiative][/url]: 4d6k3 10 - 4 =6

Ser Jorah
CD 12
Health 9/12
AR 11
W/I/F
0/0/0

[url=Attack on Ser Benjen on horseback][/url]: 9d6k5+1 16

wow, all those dice and still a terrible roll considering, 2 DOS for 10 damage, so 0 damage after AR

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:14 pm

Truly his cause was righteous and the Light of the Seven shone on Ser Duncan, or perhaps the curse of Castle Grenward was felt as far afield as Sulla?

"
By the Warrior's Hand!"
he cried as he smashed Ser Jorah's trusty shield in to splinters and lined up an opening for a telling blow.

CD 7
AR 10
2/12 health
Initiative: 3d6-7 0
Lesser action: [url=Smash shield][/url]: 10d6k5-3 22 = 3 DoS = 15 damage to Ser Jorah's shield, smashing it to kindling.
Lesser action: aim
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Ser Jorah raised his shield against the titanic blow, gritting his teeth as his shield was cleaved through, shattering it into useless pieces. Shaking of the remnants of his shield, he focused on his enemy, determined to take him down

action 1 Aim
Action 2 [url=Attack on Ser Benjen on horseback 2][/url]: 10d6k5+1 25
4 DOS, so 10 damage after AR - so 2 injuries

Ser Jorah
CD 12
Health 9/12
AR 11
W/I/F
0/0/0

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:35 pm

[OOC: think it's three injuries, as 10 damage - 8 = 2 damage left over, so he needs to take 3 injuries and "
waste"
a couple of points of damage absorption]

Ser Jorah's overhand blow bit deeply in to Ser Duncan's flesh, finding the weak spot at the armpit.

CD 7
AR 10
2/12 health
F/I/W: 3/3/0
Initiative: 3d6-7 0
[url=Attack (fatigue to ignore injuries)][/url]: 10d6k5-4 24 - 5 damage per Dos, less 11 AR = 9 damage/4 damage after armour (4 or 3 DoS, depending on fatigue use as Ser Jorah's shield has been shattered)
Lesser action: aim
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:06 pm

Ser Jorah grunted, feeling one of his ribs bruise under Ser Duncan's assault, but he was able to shake it off. It was time to finish this treacherous scum he thought, slamming his sword into Ser Duncan again.

ooc
He would regain a couple points of health as well taking him to 4/12
Ser Jorah can take the hit with an injury due to the fact I didn't specify anything regarding fatigue

Ser Jorah
CD 12 - now 8
Health 4/12
AR 11
W/I/F
0/1/0
Take one fatigue to reduce armour penalty if successfully hit
Action 1 [url=Attack on Ser Benjen on horseback 3][/url]: 9d6k5 22 4Dos again for 10 damage after AR. He'll need to take a wound to survive
Action 2 Aim

Last edited by 105 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next