Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House Marsten Event - Loyal only to Coin

+4
Kevan Lyras
Nathaniel Mason
Lady Corrine Marsten
Reader
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

House Marsten Event - Loyal only to Coin Empty House Marsten Event - Loyal only to Coin

Post by Reader Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Marsten – Mercenaries
Mercenary companies trouble House Marsten’s lands, unpaid flotsam and jetsam from Prince Daemon’s wars in the Narrow Sea. Unpaid and low on provision, they fight as much from desperation as greed, and some may yet be forced to see sense.

Tests
-1 population
-1 Law
Status (Reputation) TN 12 – Each DoS = +1 to subsequent check
Persuasion (Any) TN 12
1 DoS = Reduce penalty to population to 0
2 DoS Reduce Command Bonus to 3D+1B, as you lure away the mercenary company’s most able commander. [May be automatically unlocked by spending 1 Wealth]
3 DoS = Reduce penalty to Law to 0
4 DoS = Reduce one unit’s training level to green, as you convince the more experienced fighters to disband

Opposing troops:
Archers: Trained – Marksmanship 4, Agility 3
Infantry: Trained, Athletics 3, Fighting 3, Endurance 3
Infantry: Trained, Athletics 3, Fighting 3, Endurance 3
Cavalry: Trained, Fighting 4, Animal handling 3, riding coursers

Leader: Captain Hugh the Tall, Command 4D +2B
Back-up commander Jon Oakshield, Command 3D+1B

Champion [can be challenged to 1v1 combat before the Warfare rules kick in, if not he attaches to a unit, giving it +1D to Fighting/Marksmanship tests]:
Ser Erryk Flowers
Endurance 4
Fighting 5 (Bludgeon 2B)
Weapon Mastery (Mace)
Athletics 4
Agility 3
Awareness 2
Will 2
Mace, Shield, Half-plate armour
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

House Marsten Event - Loyal only to Coin Empty Re: House Marsten Event - Loyal only to Coin

Post by Reader Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:26 pm

One assist permitted to each "
Test"
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

House Marsten Event - Loyal only to Coin Empty Re: House Marsten Event - Loyal only to Coin

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:10 pm

Hmmm. Not sure how I might contribute. :s
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:31 am

Not sure what your House has for Power and Wealth, but since they are mercenaries... and desperate, I would just try and buy them off. You could always use the units for future barbarian incursions.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Hmmm. I wonder if I can use Persuade.
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:21 pm

Well, the test is Persuade... but if you can get the Captain in a room, an Intrigue would probably be beneficial to you.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Some clobbering by the fighty types first then, and try to bring the leader in that way?
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Mason Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:07 pm

The idea of paying them off was to avoid fighting them.

If you fight them and you win, you don't need to pay them off. If you fight them and you lose, it works out to the same. They become more expensive, but there is usually less to pay.
Nathaniel Mason
Nathaniel Mason

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:17 pm

Lady Corrine Marsten wrote:Hmmm. Not sure how I might contribute. :s

The test section is generally geared towards our schemers, but open to creative ideas that won't overwhelm me. Idea is for everyone to have a chance to contribute - schemers with tests here and offseason status rolls, fighters by defeating champions and using their command skills/attaching to units (or even fighting as an individual unit if they're very brave!).
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:19 pm

[RP to follow once rolls and assists are complete.]

[url=House event - Status][/url]: 5d6k5 19 +2 from assist = 21. (2 DoS. +2 to next roll)

[url=House event - Persuasion (Charm) +2][/url]: 6d6k5+2 21 + 2 from assist = 23. (3 DoS)

Last edited by 151 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:03 pm

[url=Status Assist][/url]: 4d6 14 +2 to the roll

[url=Persuasion assist][/url]: 4d6 12 +2 to the roll -->
3 DoS

Last edited by 157 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:52 pm

[Updated rolls to reflect assists. Cheers, Kevan, you got us an extra DoS on the Persuasion!]

Lady Corrine acted swiftly, with her customary deft hand and gentle voice, inviting the mercenary captain into discussion personally, and convincing him that, what with troops flocking to Hartshorn to fight the clans, it was in his best interests to move his little band onwards, lest they become vastly outnumbered and outclassed. The captain saw easily how saving his face and his hide had merit.

Last edited by 151 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:33 pm

Kevan sighted as he sat in the castle's scholar with another page just leaving the room to bring his orders to the Marsten soldiers. It had started as a small trickle of unemployed mercenaries from the stepstones filling the inns and causing problem, while the Marsten household was focused on the clans, but it quickly became a much bigger problems as these ruffians banded together and abused the smallfolks.

Lady Corrine was focusing on sentencing the biggest troublemakers to secure order, while Kevan had sent out additional patrols to protect the Marsten people. A knock on the door indicated that another report had arrived. Another knock and young Benjen came in. Since the two had returned from their Journey, he had been living in the Castle, not daring to return to the town and Kevan did not yet know what to do with him. In the meantime, Benjen had made himself useful running errands and delivering messages.
"
Lady Corrine made huge progress! Remember the captain of the mercenaries your men brought in yesterday? Ser Hugh, the Lady convinced him to cooperate with us! Unfortunately, the rest of them ruffians have grown even bolder, they make camp outside of Hartsbridge."

"
Thanks Benjen, can you please inform Lord Ben as well, while I gather our troops so we can end this! Lord Kriegar's men arrived yesterday as well!"

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:59 pm

The clamor of the two gathered forces swallows up one's hearing. The small breeze carries the aroma of smoke and horse. The soft, peat moss covered ground makes walking a chore. A small group of men stand in the open field between the raucous and eager mercenaries and the battle-worn and somber Marsten troops.

Captain Hugh, the aptly named Tall, stands arms folded between his second Jon Oakshield and Ser Erryk Flowers. He addresses the Marsten commanders across from him. "
You'll pay us with gold or blood."

Lord Krieger's face alights in anger, but he refrains himself with a look from his Liege Lord. Ben turns to look at Ser Kevan, with a disconcerted look. It is as we predicted, they will not bend. So we must break them... Turning back to the enemy before him his eyes narrow in on Ser Erryk. ...And we will start with him

"
Flowers,"
Ben drops Erryk's title and strikes a second blow by highlighting his bastardry. "
will you stand for these..."
he waves his hand through the air at the troops behind the mercenaries. "
... lost men, as champion."

(ooc: need someone to run Ser Erryk, please.)

[url=Initiative vs Ser Erryk Flowers][/url]: 4d6k3 14
Health 11/11
CD 11
AR: 10
F/I/W: 0/0/0
Superior Longsword +1 Att

(ooc: Fatigue if made target of attack, knockdown, etc.)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:40 pm

Erryk flowers steps further forwards at the challenge. His rage is barely contained when he answers: "
I will stand as champion. I will kill you, and i will enjoy it!"
He shouts: "
Come meet your doom!"

: 4d6-5 12 (sorry rolled one dice too much, but you are first either way.)

Def 6
ar 9
Health: 12
f/i/w: 0/0/0
Fatigue spent if damaged or knocked down etc.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Round 1
The others scramble to create distance as the two quickly engage. Ben swiftly pulls his sword out as he rushes forward, using the weapons draw as part of his attack bringing it up into Flowers left thigh. Metal plates are sundered and flesh cleaved.

"
Yield Ser! And Lord Krieger can set you on a path to atonement through the seven!"
Ben shouts as her braces for Erryk's return.

Initiative vs Ser Erryk Flowers: 4d6k3 14-3 =11
Health 11/11
CD 11
F/I/W: 1/0/0

Spend Fatigue: Lesser action: draw sword
Greater Action: [url=Charge Flowers -1D att, +2 Dam, LBF 1][/url]: 5d6k4+1 17-1 Fatigue = 16
Result: w/ fatigue CD 11(?) 3 DoS x 8 Dam = 24 - 9AR = 13 Damage (wound or defeat? most duels have only used injuries.)
Free Action: speak - offer yield

(ooc: contingency fatigue)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:07 pm

(If he cannot take a wound he takes an injury.)
Def 6
ar 9
Health: 3/12
f/i/w: 1/1/0
spend fatigue if attacked
Roaring he lashes out at his attacker, trying to knock him down, before pouncing on him trying to scramble his brain. "
Give up now, and i may spare you!"

Lesser action: knockdown : 4d6-2 17
Lesser Action: Attack : 7d6k5-2 17 [url=if knockdown succeeds add][/url]: 1d6 6 total 23 6 damage per DOS.

Last edited by 145 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:03 pm

(ooc: an injury only takes away your endurance level of damage. 4 injuries x 4 endurance =16. That would be needed to absorb the 13 damage. All Erryks rolls are at -5[4 injuries 1 fatigue].
Knockdown: success even with added penalty
Attack becomes 20 vs 15 CD(fatigue) = 2DoS x 6dam =12 -10 AR = 2 damage.)

Round 2
Ser Erryk topples Ben. Being braced as he was he takes the impact with the ease of an experienced warrior. The following blow was not so easy to shrug off. A lasting bit of bruising would follow it up.

Kicking out with his hard cobbled boots he manages to knock the slippery ground out from under Flowers. Allowing no time for the knight to adjust he brings his sword pommel down hard on Erryk's head.

"
So be it."
Ben's voice is calm, if strained by his exertions.

Lesser action: [url=Knockdown Erryk +1D Att][/url]: 5d6 19-1 fatigue
Result: knockdown
Lesser action: [url=Attack vs Erryk LBF 1 +1D Knockdown][/url]: 6d6 20+/-1 sword/fatigue
Result: w/fatigue 3DoS x6=18-9=9damage;
w/o fatigue 4DoS x6=24-9=13damage

Health 9/11
CD 11
F/I/W: 2/0/0

(ooc: contingency fatigue)
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:18 pm

No, he takes 13 dmg. He has 12 in health he takes 1 injury and reduce the damage by 4 now its 9 dmg vs health 12 no need for him to take more than one injury. Also after a knockdown you'll have to spend a greater action to rise. This may be reduced to a lesser by rolling agility. Either way due to the changes this makes, I'll not have him take this turn before you are allowed to change your actions.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:20 pm

Yoren longshore wrote:No, he takes 13 dmg. He has 12 in health he takes 1 injury and reduce the damage by 4 now its 9 dmg vs health 12 no need for him to take more than one injury. Also after a knockdown you'll have to spend a greater action to rise. This may be reduced to a lesser by rolling agility. Either way due to the changes this makes, I'll not have him take this turn before you are allowed to change your actions.

Ah yes it was a long week last week my brain is fried. Very good, continue the beatings. Embarassed Very Happy
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:24 pm

Benedict Marsten wrote:
Yoren longshore wrote:No, he takes 13 dmg. He has 12 in health he takes 1 injury and reduce the damage by 4 now its 9 dmg vs health 12 no need for him to take more than one injury. Also after a knockdown you'll have to spend a greater action to rise. This may be reduced to a lesser by rolling agility. Either way due to the changes this makes, I'll not have him take this turn before you are allowed to change your actions.

Ah yes it was a long week last week my brain is fried. Very good, continue the beatings. Embarassed Very Happy

I never stood up. I did the knockdown from the ground, as we have been doing since combat began and struck from the ground, as well.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:34 pm

OK, ground combat, this is something new :;
): you'll only have to take 6 more damage, so it's neglible. GG the best man has won :;
):
Def 6 (1)
ar 9
Health: 2/12
f/i/w: 4/3/0
OOC: he takes 2 injuries to stay concious.

With an expulsion of air Erryk goes down in a heap of limbs. Refusing to give up he starts pummeling at Ben with his mace with a great roar, opening himself up completely.
Takes a fatigue to ignore injuries one more for an additional lesser action.
Lesser action: aim
Greater action: recless attack. : 11d6k7-4 30 against cd 11 for 4dos 24dmg-10ar- 14 damage.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:01 pm

Like I said I am fried, but isn't a mace damage straight athletics?
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:02 pm

House Rule:
Mace:
Damage increased to Athletics +1. This damage bonus doesn't apply when using Bludgeon Fighter II or Bludgeon Fighter III.

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:20 am

Kevan Lyras wrote:House Rule:
Mace:
Damage increased to Athletics +1. This damage bonus doesn't apply when using Bludgeon Fighter II or Bludgeon Fighter III.

It doesn't matter for my roll, but for the coming battle after it will make a difference if I have injuries or not. 4dos at 5 = 20 which would not require any injuries.

Round 3
Ben manages to weather the furious onslaught Erryk hurls at him. Finding the unguarded center of Flower's maelstrom Ben drives his blade home.

Lesser action: Aim
Lesser action: [url=Attack Erryk w/ aim &
knockdown][/url]: 7d6k6-3 22
Results: 4 DoS x 6 = 24-9=13dam

Health 11/11
CD 11
F/I/W: 2/2/0
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next