Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House Longshore Event - The Eagle Swoops to Conquer

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

House Longshore Event - The Eagle Swoops to Conquer Empty House Longshore Event - The Eagle Swoops to Conquer

Post by Reader Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Longshore – Mallisters
Reparations for House Longshores reaving, and a personal grudge, bring Lord Mallister to House Longshore's lands, demanding gold or blood to recompense the Riverlands for the wrongs he lays at the Ironborns' door. The white eagle on purple of House Mallister fills Longshore lands as the Lords of Seagard attempt to reassert their authority and role as the shield of the Riverlands against Ironborn depredations.

-1 Law
-1 Wealth (from damage to property)
-1 Influence

Mallister troops will depart peacefully in exchange for 2 wealth of reparations, negating the Law and wealth penalties but not the influence penalty.

Tests
Status (Reputation) TN 9 – Each DoS = +1 to subsequent check
Persuasion (Any) TN 9
[One assist permitted to each test]
1 DoS = Raise a temporary unit of Green Peasant Levies
2 DoS = Raise a temporary unit of Green Raiders by inspiring the Ironborn to take up arms
3 DoS = Reduce penalty to Law to 0 as your swift action restores order
4 DoS = Reduce influence penalty to 0 and gain 1B to a Status, Persuade or Intrigue speciality

Opposing troops:
Cavalry, Trained: Fighting 4, Animal Handling 3 [Mounted on Rounseys]
Archers, Trained:Agility 3, Marksmanship 4
Infantry: Trained, Athletics 3, Fighting 3, Endurance 3
Infantry: Trained, Athletics 3, Fighting 3, Endurance 3

Leader: Lord Petyr Mallister, Command 4D +1B
Back-up commander Ser Jaime Mallister, Command 3D+1B

Champion [can be challenged to 1v1 combat before the Warfare rules kick in, if not he attaches to a unit, giving it +1D to Fighting/Marksmanship tests]:
Lord Petyr Mallister [if not challenged, he serves as Commander and Ser Jaime Mallister attaches to a unit instead while Lord Mallister leads]
Agility 3
Animal Handling 3
Athletics 4
Awareness 3
Cunning 3
Endurance 3
Fighting 5
Warfare 4
Will 3
Knight, Lord of House Mallister, Spears 1B, Axes 2B, Strategy 1B, Tactics 1B, Charm 1B, Hunting 1B, Notice 1B, Tournaments 2B, Ride 1B Tourney Knight, Head of House. Full Plate, Shield, Battleaxe. Destiny Points = 1
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

House Longshore Event - The Eagle Swoops to Conquer Empty Re: House Longshore Event - The Eagle Swoops to Conquer

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:36 am

[url=Pious persuasion][/url]: 6d6k5 15 (based on Ferris assist I may spend a dp here)
[url=Status][/url]: 4d6 13 (if Ferris succeeds in assist a plus 2 to the roll)

I tried to look up status here: viewtopic.php?f=65&
t=1185&
start=20#p28229

but I couldn't find jaimie mallister. What is his status?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

House Longshore Event - The Eagle Swoops to Conquer Empty Re: House Longshore Event - The Eagle Swoops to Conquer

Post by Reader Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:29 am

Ferris assists by providing advice, but his sickness ravaged body prevents him from travelling.

[url=Persuade (Convince)][/url]: 5d6k4 16 +2 bonus

[url=status (reputation)][/url]: 5d6k4 19 +2 bonus
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:16 am

[url=dp bonus die with special ability][/url]: 2d6 11 (holy cow! this adds 9 to the result of 15+ 2 from status+2 from Ferris so 27 (4 dos))

Hearing of news Yoren swiftly takes measures to rally the smallfolk to the strongholds. He sends out letters to close by lords to relay the information he wants to be relayed, then he makes ready for war...
(Waiting for Athelstans combat scene before the battle commences.)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:37 am

Yoren longshore wrote:[url=dp bonus die with special ability][/url]: 2d6 11 (holy cow! this adds 9 to the result of 15+ 2 from status+2 from Ferris so 27 (4 dos))

Hearing of news Yoren swiftly takes measures to rally the smallfolk to the strongholds. He sends out letters to close by lords to relay the information he wants to be relayed, then he makes ready for war...
(Waiting for Athelstans combat scene before the battle commences.)

[OOC: excellent stuff. Remember to note your desired +1B earned in your personal forum. Inspired by the Red God and destiny, you might have worn yourself a few converts!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:58 pm

Have I put the mob: "
in flames"
?;
)

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:51 pm

Athelstan looks for the Mallisters either Lord Petyr or Ser Jaime it matter not which one, but the reminder of chains around his wrists is still there as the moves them and enjoy a bit of respite before challenging the champion of House Mallister.

"
Lord Mallister, you save me the time to go find you and challenge you in your own lands, but you will pay more than reparations for what you have done"
smiling his wolfish smile "
I challenge you lord Patyr to a duel, and let world see that I have not only bested you and your son once, but I shall best you twice"

[ooc]Waiting to confirm something with reader to continue beyond this point[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:16 pm

Standing tall at the front of his line, his plate shining Petyr Mallister looks like a proper commander. With great confidence he motions for his axe and shield: "
You insolent whelp. I'd love to take your other eye out of your face, but I want you to see the tormented look of your people as we raze your lands and put them back to their rightful owner: Me!"
With ease he takes his battleaxe, arms himself with his sword and walks to meet athelstan in the middle between the battlelines.

Defence 8 (-4 from plate +2 from shield)
Dr 10
Health 9
[url=Mallister initiative][/url]: 3d6 7 minus 4 from plate, so a total of 3 you'll most likely go first...

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:33 am

Defense 11 (11 +4 Large Shield, -4 Armor)
AR 10
Health 12
[url=Initiative][/url]: 5d6k4-4 15

"
Well let's us begin then"

Athelstan closes the distance between the two men and his quicker movements allow him to gain the advantage on Lord Mallister.

[url=Axe Fighter II][/url]: 5d6k4+1 19
3 DoS = 15 Damage -10 AR = 5 Damage &
1 Wound

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:48 am

[url=mallister hit 1][/url]: 7d6k4 14
[url=maneuver][/url]: 5d6k4 18
Def 8
Ar 10
Health 4/9
f/I/w: 0/0/1
With a sickening sound Petyr staggers backwards. He lashes out at Athelstan with a blow before followig up with a few jabs to keep athelstan at bay.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:58 am

Defense 11
AR 10
Health 12
f/I/w: 0/0/0
[url=Axe Fighter II][/url]: 5d6k4+1 17 2 DoS

Athelstan continues to press his advantage but is frustrated by finding only the sound of lord Petyr armor.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:09 am

[url=maneuver][/url]: 5d6k3 15
[url=attack with 1 fatigue to ignore a wound.][/url]: 7d6k4-1 15
def 8
Ar 10
Health 2/9
f/I/w: 1/1/2
Ooc: you took k 4 instead of k 5, as my manoeuvre failed, you should have kept 5 and therefore gone past my armor.

Petyr attemts a second time to breach Athelstans armor, but still to no avail.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:15 am

[ooc]My bad, used to keep 4 dice lol[/ooc]

Defense 11
AR 10
Health 12
f/I/w: 0/0/0

Athelstan feints a hit which leaves lord Petyr wide open for Athelstan's next blow.

[url=Distract][/url]: 3d6k3 15 TN 12 (Passive Will of Lord Petyr) (Lose Awareness to Defense)
[url=Axe Fighter II][/url]: 5d6k5+1 19
3 DoS = 15 Damage + 1 Wound - 10AR = 5 damage

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:22 am

With the last staggering blow Mallister falls to the ground: "
Stop! I surrender! Kinslayer, I surrender!"

OOC: reached max cap on wounds. Now reader will have to do the battlemap... wnd determine whether the son pays the ransom..

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:32 am

Athelstan has some ironborn men carry lord Petyr to a nice cold moldy cell and stripped of his belongings to avoid unnecessary problems, but not ready to leave just yet the son stands among the Mallister men and Athelstan calls him out, in the odd chance that he will accept to face him now or he will have to search for him in the battlefield later

"
Come now Ser Jaime Mallister, this is foolish, remove your men off our lands and pay a ransom for your father, or stay and fight me as your father did, so I can show you how the Mallisters are nothing before ironborn steel."

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:16 pm

[OOC: this needs a retcon I'm afraid. We can start from round 1.

- Axe fighter II needs you to drop all bonus dice before rolling.
- Axe fighter II drops battleaxe damage by 1 when used (see house rules).
- Lord Petyr should really have been using fatigue from round 1.

I suggest starting again from round 1 with Petyr being piloted as if he's a PC - if necessary a PC from another house can pilot him or I will]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:08 pm

That is fine, battle axe damage is -1 and can restart combat as you say.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:50 am

I'm fine with it, anyone wish to be a mallister for a day?

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:43 am

[OOC: Lord Mallister is ready when Athelstan is! Keeping Yoren's helpful initial initiative roll.

CD: 8 (-4 from plate +2 from shield)
AR: 10
Health 9
Mallister initiative: 3d6 7
I/W/F: 0/0/0
- contingent fatigue if attacked]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 am

[ooc]Do I get to keep my initiative lol, or re-roll?

Combat Defense: 8
Health 12
Athelstan initiative:

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:01 am

Athelstan wrote:[ooc]Do I get to keep my initiative lol, or re-roll?

Health 12
Athelstan initiative:

[OOC: you very much get to keep yours. Wouldn't be fair to disadvantage you by forcing a reroll. Apologies for not being clear on this earlier.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:09 am

[ooc]Not a problem switched to the Long Axe for damage[/ooc]

[ooc]I believe we are at a single move distance, if not I will correct my post.[/ooc]

Health 12
Athelstan initiative:

Athelstan moves in probing to be the faster of both this time, grasping the large axe to make it bite deep into lord Petyr

Axe Fighting II
[url=Fighting (Axe Fighting II)][/url]: 7d6k5+1 17 - 12 total after dice removal
[ooc]I only roll 7 instead of 8 do to the Axes 1B tax for the long axe correct?[/ooc]

Edit: 2d7 rolls
[url=Weird dice][/url]: 2d7 5 (2,3)

1DoS - 7 dmg

Last edited by 149 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:37 am; edited 4 times in total

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:20 am

[OOC: you'll need to roll 1d7 twice and drop two random dice from your attack as you're using long axe fighter II, sorry.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:23 am

[ooc]I rather then just roll normal, why 1d7. Where does the drop 2 random dice come from? I need explanation since I don't see anything really in the House Rules about that, or maybe I missed it[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:25 am

Athelstan wrote:[ooc]I rather then just roll normal, why 1d7. Where does the drop 2 random dice come from? I need explanation since I don't see anything really in the House Rules about that, or maybe I missed it[/ooc]

[OOC: No problem, see below from core rules! Smile

Axe Fighter II - "
Whenever you are armed with an axe and roll a Fighting test to attack a foe, you can sacrifice all of your bonus dice to threaten a bloody wound."
(GoT version)

"
Whenever you make a Fighting test to attack using an axe, you can sacrifice all your bonus dice before the test to deal additional damage."
(updated pdf)

Your 7d6k5 includes bonus dice, so rolling 1d7 lets us discard two random bonus dice without forcing a complete reroll.]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next