Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House Dulver Event - Reap what you Sow

+5
Luecian LongBow
Ser Walton Dulver
Gwyneth Drakeson
Septon Arlyn
Reader
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

House Dulver Event - Reap what you Sow Empty House Dulver Event - Reap what you Sow

Post by Reader Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:27 pm

Dulver - Ser Benjen Frey's raiders
Vengeance. Fire and Blood are Targaryen words, but Ser Benjen Frey now lives to exercise them against the hated Septon Arlyn and House Dulver. The fat Septon’s incitement of the crowd during Ser Benjen’s farce of a trial has not been forgotten. Fresh from his dramatic, bloody escape from the a Night’s Watch prison train, the disgraced knight moves to strike against House Dulver. He sets the countryside aflame, drawing the wicked and desperate to his banner, alongside a core of loyal former Frey men.

-1 population
-2 Law
-1 Wealth
-1 Influence

Tests
Status (Reputation) TN 12 – Each DoS = +1 to subsequent check
Persuasion (Any) TN 12
[One assist permitted to each test]
1 DoS = Reduce penalty to influence to 0, as you manage the political fallout
2 DoS = Reduce population penalty to 0 as you protect your smallfolk
3 DoS = Reduce penalty to Law to -1 as your swift action restores order
4 DoS = Reduce one unit’s training level to green, as you convince the more experienced fighters to disband

Opposing troops:
Cavalry, Green: Fighting 3 [Mounted on Rounseys]
Criminals, Trained: Fighting 4, Endurance 3
Infantry: Trained, Athletics 3, Fighting 3, Endurance 3

Leader: Ser Benjen Frey, Command 3D
Back-up commander Old Jack, Command 3D+1B [a cannier leader, he defers to Ser Benjen unless Ser Benjen has been slain before/during battle]

Champion [can be challenged to 1v1 combat before the Warfare rules kick in, if not he attaches to a unit, giving it +1D to Fighting/Marksmanship tests]:
Ser Benjen Frey [if not challenged, he serves as Commander and Old Jack attaches to a unit instead while Ser Benjen leads]
Agility 3
Animal Handling 2
Athletics 4
Endurance 4
Fighting 5
Will 2
Knight, Stupid, Strength 2B, Spears 1B, Ride 2B, Shield 1B, Long Blades 2B, Intimidate 2B, Talented (fighting), Talented (Animal Handling), Furious
Destiny points: 1 remaining [other destiny point burnt escaping from captivity]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

House Dulver Event - Reap what you Sow Empty Re: House Dulver Event - Reap what you Sow

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:28 am

OOC Would I get the favored of the small folk bonus die? Also do destiny and piety refresh before this house event?
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

House Dulver Event - Reap what you Sow Empty Re: House Dulver Event - Reap what you Sow

Post by Reader Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:33 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:OOC Would I get the favored of the small folk bonus die? Also do destiny and piety refresh before this house event?

Destiny has refreshed (your destiny was to provoke an angry, violent bully?). Pious has refreshed too.

Favoured of the smallfolk seems appropriate here too, given the circumstances. Smile

You got the poor peasants in to this mess, now rally them out of it!
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:28 pm

(OOC what is life without a little excitement? lol)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:02 pm

(OOC - Long? Twisted Evil )
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:10 pm

[placeholder- depends on what happens with the solid foundation as to where septon arlyn is coming from]

"
Your holiness, a message arrives from House Dulver,"
the young man delivers the rolled up note to Septon Arlyn, its seal appears unbroken and the flowing lines of Lord Walton Dulvers hand spell out "
To: Septon Arlyn"

"
Your antics at the tournament of riverrun have caused us issue Arlyn. Ser Benjen has arrived and it terrorizing our lands. You must return at once help deal with this."

Hearing of Ser Benjens escape, Septon Arlyns heart jumps to his throat. I had feared that Benjen Frey would try and escape. Now he has and is terrorizing my people hoping to drag me out. I'm not even there to confront him. I need to return at once to let the people know that they are not alone.

Septon Arlyn excuses himself from his activities he was trying to accomplish. He travels back to House Dulvers lands and begins to rally the people, convincing the guards to return to their posts as well as having the families who were planning on leaving convinced to stay, promising that justice would be delivered to Ser Benjen Frey as he was an outlaw now, and had forsaken his vows so was a dead man walking. He was also able to convince the Lords in the surrounding areas that Ser Benjen would be handled appropriately with the justice that he deserves for disobeying his word that he would join the honorable nights watch.

[url=Persuade convince w/ pious die and favor of the small folk benjen frey house event][/url]: 8d6k6 26 + 2 from charismatic convince = 28 -12=16 = 4 DOS
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:48 am

-Attentiooooon! Aaaaaaaaaaat Eaaaaaase! Attentiooooon!- Ser Garred Mountfort was drilling his soldiers like every day. Now, their time is coming. Maybe not today yet, but soon. was thinking experienced Captain of Stony Heath's Guard. We will see who of those greenhorns is real man... Like all before them, and all after them, heat of battle will show... I did good job, now everything depends from what they've learned.
-They are Yours, my Lord.- Whatever he thought, he was proud of them and could guarantee for them with his head. And he would probably do that, if they would fail: As he was always teaching: lead from the front.

Ser Walton Dulver was looking at neat rows of soldiers, not hiding satisfaction. -If You have taught them tenth part of what You taught me, they will not disappoint us, old man- saying that he slapped commander on the shoulder. -Free them and have a walk with me, please.-

-Aaaaaaaat Eaaaaaaase! Disband!- relieved soldiers went back to their activities: swordfighting, shooting from bows, cleaning equipment: just came back to their every day routine. Two men didn't pay attention to them anymore.

-I guarantee they will stand up to task, but we are definitely too short in men, Walton- Garred was talking slowly while limbing across the yard. He was weighting every word. -I know.- young knight responded with that his derisive smile. -And that's what I would like to talk with You about.- Garred Mountfort was practical man, sparing with words. And Walton knew that, and abusing it sometimes seemed to be one of his best amusements. They walked a while in silence, until young knight continued. -We are going to meet Short Tom now. To talk about our 'options'.- Again smile and pause, but Garred showed no irritation. Walton didn't say anything until they entered the castle. -You say You need more swords? I'm afraid that the only way is to pay for them, my friend. Hundred of good swords, and one rusty, for that damned Frey when we'll finish with him...- He raised his hand and clasped his fist in gesture of crushing. -Or maybe two rusty swords... What Arlyn was thinking? Went away and brought shit like this to us? He should stick to his singing and lighting candles... Eeeeh...- Garred waved his hand away, like he would like to push away thoughts, then came back to the topic after short while of consternation. -Buy me some swords? I like this idea, but only if we pay them enough to not be a problem for us later. Please remind that gently to Your Lord Father, boy.- Ser Garred was great example that loyalty and respect doesn't mean absolute love. -Hah, I will surely do that, old man. But know, let's first talk with Short Tom about 'the options'- They actually arrived at the chamber of Dulvers' eyes and ears- Short Tom Tinker, who was waiting for them with informations about mercenary troops available to hire...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:55 pm

[url=deception test vs dulver house event 1][/url]: 3d6 7

[url=Cunning test vs furious frey house event 1][/url]: 3d6 8(orokos hates me today apparently)

Septon Arlyn knew that Ser Walton Dulver was a brash young man and would take personal offence to Benjen Frey invading and try to face him himself. In order to keep his young prodigy safe Septon Arlyn turned to the stanger, feeling the sting of the warriors betrayal still from the death of Ser Jon.

Septon Arlyn arranged for a poisoned casket of wine to "
fall"
into the hands of the raders, along with some other supplies. His hope was that when the Benjen Frey found out about the fine vintage that the Frey would take the wine for himself.

(OOC can the other people from house dulver assist reader?)

Last edited by 167 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:42 pm

[OOC: will allow one Dulver assist, one Bartheld assist. TN 9 rolls with deception or cunning. Two assists would at least push you to 9 for a basic success]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:15 pm

(OOC I think Bluff should apply in this scenario, but I'm going to roll the bonus die separately and tally a total for with bluff bonus die and without)

[url=Deception Roll for House event-Rolling bluff bonus die seperately][/url]: 3d6 12
[url=Deception Roll for House event- bluff bonus die only][/url]: 1d6 3
(Bluff didn't end up mattering anyway as it happens)

Luecian slowly smiles as Septon Arlyn relays his scheme to him. He's right about Walton though, I'd wager my last few silvers that he's chomping at the bit to challenge Ser Benjen. Luecian continues to smile at the septon and then gives him a pat on the back and wink. "
Aye Septon, I believe I could help you out in this endeavor. I can think of a few shady characters who might help us get these goods to our friendly Frey out there and lucky for us one or two of them happen to owe me some silver. And just think of all the times you lectured me on how gambling never benefited anyone..."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:17 pm

[OOC: excellent work, and a fair point on Bluff Leuician.

Rallying House Bartheld to help with your ruse and/or spend destiny and you'll get there yet despite some rough rolls! Either way, by Monday this moves to combat]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Septon Arlyn wrote:[url=deception test vs dulver house event 1][/url]: 3d6 7

[url=Cunning test vs furious frey house event 1][/url]: 3d6 8(orokos hates me today apparently)

Septon Arlyn knew that Ser Walton Dulver was a brash young man and would take personal offence to Benjen Frey invading and try to face him himself. In order to keep his young prodigy safe Septon Arlyn turned to the stanger, feeling the sting of the warriors betrayal still from the death of Ser Jon.

Septon Arlyn arranged for a poisoned casket of wine to "
fall"
into the hands of the raders, along with some other supplies. His hope was that when the Benjen Frey found out about the fine vintage that the Frey would take the wine for himself.

(OOC can the other people from house dulver assist reader?)

[url=cunning test bonus die from spent destiny][/url]: 1d6 5

which brings cunning total up to 13, just need some deception assistance

(OOC I realized afterword that it would have been better to use my destiny on the deception test and gotten assistance with the cunning test. oops lol)

Septon Arlyn had a feeling he should take one last look at the poisoned cargo, just to ensure that things were going smoothly. As he looked at the cask he drew in a sharp intake of breath. Gods almighty! a slow leak had formed where the cask had been opened, showing that there was a possibility that the cask of wine had been tampered with. Which it has thought the Septon grimly. Septon Arlyn was not pleased at having to attempt this subterfuge, however seeing the battle between Ser Jorah and Benjen Frey caused Septon Arlyn to fear that his brash young charge would attempt to challenge the Furious Frey himself. If that happened Septon Arlyn wanted to ensure that the Frey was weakned and would be an easier opponent. Shaking from his reverie Septon Arlyn calls for some more pitch, taking a knife he wedges the pitch around the seal, ensuring that it will leak no longer he makes his work look quick, like a teamster whom was hurriedly attempting to seal the cask and prevent the loss of any precious product. That should do thinks the Septon to himself.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:30 pm

Per Lord Dulver's orders, Luecian and Short Tom arrive in a small village situated to the south east outside Dulver Lands. Reputedly, Captain Rivers and his mercenary troops spent their downtime in the village and they had been sent to inform of Lord Dulver's job offer and request the mercenaries depart at once for Dulver lands. Lord Dulver had communicated an uncharacteristically generous offer to cover the mercenaries travel costs in the case an agreement was not later made. However since the Dulvers needed the men and assuredly the mercenaries needed the coin, once would think a deal would be reached.

Entering the town around mid afternoon, the travelers proceed to stable the horses provided by Lord Dulver for their mission. Tom mentions to Luecian."
A tavern is of course always the best place to began searching for a fellow,especially a mercenary..."
Following along they locate a small run down looking tavern, and walk in. Upon entering Luecian sees a tall and heavy man seated at a table with 2 other men and recognizes Captain Rivers right away. "
That's him there, Tom. Reckon you were surely right."

Approaching the captain's table, Luecian offers a greeting with a friendly smile"
Captain Rivers sir, Luecian Longbow here. Hoping your recalling we met at the tourney sir. Was hoping for a bit of your time as me and me friend know of a way for you and your men to make some more drinking coin! Me friend, Tom, will fill you in on the details Captain but the offers a real one."

Short Tom proceeds to relay Lord Dulver's request for the captain and his men to travel to Stony Heath immediately where a job offer was pending. Lord Dulver would finalize the offer with the captain himself but offered to cover any travel costs if for some reason they did not reach an agreement.

(OOC-We would be fine if you ran any bargaining interaction between Lord Dulver and the mercenary captain and let us know the result or one of us can test for Lord Dulver-either way. Luecian is planning to travel to Bartheld lands using the map provided by Nathaniel Mason after his contact with the mercenaries.)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Ser Benjen Frey strode forth, ready to face Ser Walton Dulver's challenge.

While the Ferocious Frey dwarfs most men, House Dulver's heir is an imposing sight too: this should be a clash for the ages...

AR: 8
CD: 9
Equipment: Brigandine, Large Shield, Bastard Sword, Courser, Warlance
HP: 12/12
Initiative: [url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6-4 9
F/I/W: 0/0/0
- Contingent fatigue if targeted with an attack
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:42 pm

Ser Walton Dulver stepped into the fight in his simple brigandine armour. Ser Garred handed him his large shield with determined sight -Good luck, boy. Give Your best- and nod of his head

-I wasn't thinking you will step up... I would rather think that you will turn back and run away. But that's good... let's get it on...- lowered cover of his helmet, then reached to his back, and took out his greatsword. -I'm ready dog, show what you've got-

CD: 10
Equipment: Brigandine, Large Shield, Great Sword, Courser, Stiletto
HP: 15/15
Initiative: Initiative: 3d6-4 9
[url=Initiative vs Frey][/url]: 3d6-4 7

p.s. I assume we fight on our feet, right?Very Happy
p.s. 2 please be gentle, it's my first time xD but seriously, feel free to throw advice or correct me anytime Very Happy
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:59 pm

[A greatsword is a two-handed weapon, I'd suggest to take some other blade if you want to keep the shield in combat as the penalty for using a two-hander one handed is quite severe]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:55 pm

[unless you have the massive quality I would agree with Ser Kevan]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:17 pm

OOC: Ser Walton is Massive Smile but thanks for controlling, may need some advice later)
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:50 pm

[OOC: we'll start on foot to make things easier both from a rules point of view and to address a glaring deficiency in Ser Walton's abilities as it's his debut! :;
):

Ser Benjen is pretty dangerous, but you've got destiny if necessary...]

"
Treacherous fucks, slaying Old Jack from ambush. If there are any curs here it is the Dulvers that are dogs."
He guffaws at his own joke.

The ferocious Frey let out a bestial cry and charged his enormous foe, sending a full-blooded side-swing at the Dulver heir.

CD: 9
HP: 12/12
Greater action: [url=Charge Walton][/url]: 7d6k4+1 18 = 2 DoS = 14 damage - 8 AR = 6 damage
- Contingent fatigue if targeted with an attack
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:58 pm

Septon Arlyn has a sharp intake of breath as the two combatants come forward to meet together. Hopefully the boy will not pay for my mistakes

"
The warrior protect you Ser Walton!"
Cheers Septon Arlyn. "
Show that murdering rapist that we will not tolerate his kind on our lands!"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Ser Walton reacted too slowly and blow slipped through his sword and hit him to the shoulder. It will leave the bruise, but Walton didn't seem to get hurt and reacted in no time, turning around ti his left and sending mighty blow from behind, using all power he had...

HP: 9/15
Atatck [url=vs Frey Round 1][/url]: 8d6k5 29 what gives ... 5DoS? Embarassed 5x9-8AR=37 Damage
[url=Initiative for Round 2 vs Frey][/url]: 3d6-4 3

p.s. Frey[*]
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:29 pm

[OOC:

- A greatsword drops 1B of bonus dice for training requirement, but I'll just assume you used your other lesser action to aim for 1B.
- DoS capped at 4 = 4x9 = 36 damage - 8AR = 28 damage
- No need to reroll for initiative each round.]

Ser Walton dealt his foe a terrifying blow, staggering him. Benjen attack desperately now, already more wounded animal than man...

CD: 4
HP: 4/12
F/I/W: 1/0/1
Greater action: [url=Greater attack][/url]: 8d6k5-2 20 = 3 DoS = 15 Damage - 8AR = 7 Damage
- 28 damage - take a wound instead.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:33 pm

[Uhm, Greatsword doesn't have a training penalty. Also, wound takes away all damage from the attack.]
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:39 pm

Theomore Tullison wrote:[Uhm, Greatsword doesn't have a training penalty. Also, wound takes away all damage from the attack.]

[OOC: good point, we'll stash the aim for next round. As for wounds, thought I'd houseruled that but no record of it, minor tweak incoming]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Walton almost ignored desperate blow from false knight, which left another mark on his brigandine, and pushing Frey with his shield, set him up for next vicious blow, this time from above his head.

[url=attack vs Frey Round2][/url]: 8d6k5 25

HP: 2/15
Another 28dmg. If I can throw that extra 1B for aiming, could You please do rol that for me? Can't do that by myself at this moment...
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next