Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fleetest Fleet (Drakeson/Marsten/Blackthornes)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Fleetest Fleet (Drakeson/Marsten/Blackthornes) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fleetest Fleet (Drakeson/Marsten/Blackthornes)

Post by Benedict Marsten Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:18 pm

"
Aye you seem to have the right of it. Horns are good but a septry bell... there is something about those blessed bells that make a man honest and a deaf man hear. Fire is a tricky thing. It don't much care who or what it burns.

Another tactic they use across the sea are bulkheads or man-made reefs between the harbor and open sea. They slow entry and funnel ships where you want them. Easy targets no need to adjusts your flingers."

He straightens and adjusts his wide belt. "
You definitely have the ambition and the right ideas."

Drawing a flask from his overcoat he pulls long before returning it.

"
Guessin' that brings us to what kinda presence you are looking for. The 'Light' or the 'Darkness'."

With a smile and a wink he continues. "
Those are the names given to our fleets."
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

The Fleetest Fleet (Drakeson/Marsten/Blackthornes) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fleetest Fleet (Drakeson/Marsten/Blackthornes)

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:24 pm

"
How prosaic,"
Gwyn chortles. "
Those don't sound like boring maritime names at all. I'm delighted."

"
Are there differences between the two beyond the names? What sort of presence do they project? We want to frighten off pirates but welcome trade."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:45 pm

"
My lady, house Blackthorne's words are 'Born in darkness , to live in the light'. Hence the 'Darkness' our first fleet, trained and seasoned. The 'Light' our newest fleet, fresh and ready to be salted."

Flashing a boisterous grin he slaps the table. "
Any Blackthorne ship will cause pirates to piss their breeches. As for the traders, they will safe as long as their daughters are not aboard."

He gives a playful wink.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Corrine Marsten Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Corrine whispers in Ben's ear;

"
Your father certainly has a way with words. I can see where you get your roguish charm from."

Last edited by 151 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady Corrine Marsten
Lady Corrine Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:05 pm

"
Ahh, I see,"
replies Gwyn. "
Well, costs being the same, we'd of course want the more experienced crew guarding our shores first. But I expect I'm not wrong in expecting the costs not to be the same. In that case, the question comes down to how much of a difference there is."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:53 pm

Baelon nods. Military might was his area, finances were Gwyn's.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Benedict Marsten Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:31 am

"
It pains me to have to talk monies in such beautiful company."
His eyes linger on Gwyn and Corrine before falling on his wife. He blows her a quick kiss.

"
But I have some bedside entertaining to do before retiring this evening so I will steer you straight and quick. 1(wealth) for the unsalted and 3 for the salted."

Lady Sara softly shakes her head. Having grow well accustom to Karris' brash language and behaviour.
Benedict Marsten
Benedict Marsten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2