Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joust R3: Lord Baelon Drakeson vs. Ser Gerion Deddings

3 posters

Go down

Joust R3: Lord Baelon Drakeson vs. Ser Gerion Deddings  Empty Joust R3: Lord Baelon Drakeson vs. Ser Gerion Deddings

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:50 pm

Baeon lined up across from his third opponent, a knight of House Deddings, bearing a sigil of two roundels counterchanged on a field divided per pale red and blue. Baelon was not exactly an expert at heraldry, but he was fairly sure that was not the sigil of House Deddings - perhaps this knight was of a lesser branch.

[OOC of course I pick a house with unknown heraldry. Hooray for making something up and justifying it IC!

Maneuver posted in private forum.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Joust R3: Lord Baelon Drakeson vs. Ser Gerion Deddings  Empty Re: Joust R3: Lord Baelon Drakeson vs. Ser Gerion Deddings

Post by Jon Templeton Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:02 am

[ooc]Can't sleep so knocking out some NC rolls for people.[/ooc]

Ser Gerion wasn't particularly happy about who he'd drawn in the lists. If I was facing a lesser lord or knight I might have a chance but to defeat Baelon I'll need a bit of luck. Ser Gerion didn't know if the Warrior was listening but he was definitely praying to him before the start of the tilt. Gerion saluted Lord Baelon and lowered his visor.

Ser Gerion knew of Baelon's skill so he braced himself for the inevitable impact against his shield.

vs. Baelon Drakeson, Braced 2, Pass 1: 9d6k4-2 19
vs. Baelon Drakeson, SitS, Pass 1: 5d6k3+2 19
vs. Baelon Drakeson, CYB, Pass 1: 4d6k4 18

Ser Gerion Deddings
PR: 14
AR: 10
HP: 12/12
Damage: 8 per DoS
SitS: 5d6k3
Base Attack: 9d6k4
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Joust R3: Lord Baelon Drakeson vs. Ser Gerion Deddings  Empty Re: Joust R3: Lord Baelon Drakeson vs. Ser Gerion Deddings

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:38 pm

[OOC: thanks for stepping up on these; with all the melee goings on I completely forgot about them.]

Lord Baelon saluted his opponent and lowered his visor. Taking a balanced stance, Ser Gerion's lance shatters against his shield, but does no harm. Baelon's lance, on the other hand, strikes his foe fiercely. Ser Gerion

Charge Ser Gerion, Balanced: 10d6k4 20 vs PR 14, 2 DoS for 20-10AR = 10 Damage
Ser Gerion stays firmly in the saddle (19 vs TN 12) and recovers 4 health (ending pass 1 at 6/12 health)

Ser Gerion's 19 vs PR 20 is 0 DoS.

Pass 2 Maneuver posted.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:25 am

Ser Gerion's lance shattered against Lord Drakeson's shield but otherwise there was no effect. The same could not be said for Baelon's strike. While Gerion easily maintained his balance on his horse the lance strike nearly knocked the wind out of him and his shield arm felt like pudding. Another blow like that and I'll be done. I just need a little time to catch my breath.

Taking a fresh lance Gerion willed his arm to hold his shield high in an attempt to deflect the force of Baelon's upcoming strike.

vs. Baelon Drakeson, Defensive 2, Pass 2: 9d6k4-2 19
vs. Baelon Drakeson, SitS, Pass 2: 5d6k3 16
vs. Baelon Drakeson, CYB, Pass 2: 4d6k4 17

Ser Gerion Deddings
PR: 14 (16)
AR: 10
HP: 6/12
Damage: 8 per DoS
SitS: 5d6k3
Base Attack: 9d6k4
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:59 am

Ser Gerion's stance proved to be the correct choice, as Baelon chose to rise in the saddle for extra effect; it was only Ser Gerion's defensiveness that prevented a truly devastating blow.

Ser Gerion Pass 2, HitS 1: 10d6k4+1 24 vs PR 16, 2 DoS for 20-10AR = 10 Damage; Ser Gerion must take 2 injuries to reduce it to 2 damage or be defeated.
Even with the injuries, he passes his ride test (14 vs TN12).
Ser Gerion recovers 3 health (7/12)

Ser Gerion misses.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:20 am

[ooc]Are KoQs allowed to take injuries or is that for named NC and PCs only?[/ooc]
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:13 pm

[ooc at my tourney I said no, others said they should... so I assumed so.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Templeton Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:08 am

[ooc]I'm going with a no to injuries (since Loreia presumed no) until Coldbrook tells me/us different. Speeds up the process imo anyway.[/ooc]
Jon Templeton
Jon Templeton

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:29 am

[I decided to ask when I saw you guys going back and forth on this. I will make the change to my post ending my Round 3 joust.]

https://dragonsdance.rpg-board.net/t3206p25-contestthe-joust#97638
Daveth Coldbrook wrote:Eep.  I'm not sure, but my gut says yes to Injuries.  They'd be Knights of Poor Quality if they couldn't even manage that much.
Loreia wrote:Let us proceed with Injuries then.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down