Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D8 PUTG] Lord Baelon Drakeson - Ser Tyron Blackwood

2 posters

Go down

[D8 PUTG] Lord Baelon Drakeson - Ser Tyron Blackwood Empty [D8 PUTG] Lord Baelon Drakeson - Ser Tyron Blackwood

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Baelon arrives for Ser Tyron's last attempt to clear his name - or at least, escape punishment.
His black dragon-scale enameled plate is obscured by a greatcloak, word to keep off the rain as long as possible. Robert - one of the Bloodriders, serving as his squire for the day - readies his lances nearby. Lances, plural, for while many would choose a war lance for it's greater effectiveness, Baelon does not want to kill Ser Tyron, just defeat him. Jojen will be deprived of his father for many years or more;
no need for him to see his father die in front of him instead.

Black horses and black armor are getting popular. He thinks, watching Ser Kevan prepare to face the treacherous knight from House Vance of Atranta.

At last, the time has come. Casting off the greatcloak he calls out to his opponent.

"
Ser Tyron, my offer stands. You may yield and accept it at any time - for your son's sake."

Snapping his visor shut with a spray of rainwater, Baelon prepares for his first pass.

Mind the mud, now.

Tilt 1:
[url=Tilt 1 v Ser Tyron - Defensive 2][/url]: 9d6k4-2 21, 9 damage per DoS [Reader edit: destiny increases roll to 26 = 2 DoS
PR: 18 (16+2), AR 10
Health: 9/9
F/I/W: 0/0/0

[EDIT/OOC: fyi, there is a scene between Baelon and Ser Tyron which is being referenced... it'll be posted as soon as I finish writing it and get it approved.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D8 PUTG] Lord Baelon Drakeson - Ser Tyron Blackwood Empty Re: [D8 PUTG] Lord Baelon Drakeson - Ser Tyron Blackwood

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:47 pm

Ser Tyron justified his reputation only in part. While he struck true with his tourney lance, Lord Drakeson's blow knocked him clean off his mount.

Still, despite the impact Ser Tyron was on his feet swiftly, scrabbling at his sword belt where other men would still be rising groggy from their injuries. Lord Drakeson's fragile tourney lance had shattered, but had it served its master sufficiently to see him to victory already?

Passive ride 18
Health: 6/12
AR: 10
I/w/f: 2/0/0

[url=Balanced][/url]: 9d6k4 18 [url=missing dice][/url]: 1d6 4 +1 talented = 19
[url=Stay in the saddle][/url]: 5d6k3 8
[url=Catch your breath][/url]: 4d6-2 10

[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6-6 9
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D8 PUTG] Lord Baelon Drakeson - Ser Tyron Blackwood Empty Re: [D8 PUTG] Lord Baelon Drakeson - Ser Tyron Blackwood

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:27 pm

Ser Tyron's lance struck true, but luck was on Baelon's side and he managed to stay mounted.

Baelon dismounts, tossing aside the shattered lance and handing Velox' reins to Robert. Staying mounted would make for an easy victory, but Baelon is above such dishonorable tactics.
Turning towards his foe, he draws his prized dragonwing-guard sword and prepares for Ser Tyron's assault, the mud sucking greedily at his steel-shod feet as he positions himself.

[OOC: 1 DoS vs. Baelon, I presume from his rolls that would be less than my 10 AR for 0 damage, but I still could be dismounted.
[url=T1 Stay in Saddle (TN 9)][/url]: 4d6 8 Shocked Orokos....
[url=T1 Stay in Saddle Lucky Reroll TN 9][/url]: 4d6 15 That's better.

Combat
[url=PutG Initiative][/url]: 3d6-3 4 Orokos wants this to be dramatic, I guess.
Combat Defense: 11 [14 if fatigue used] (Base 10, -3 Armor, +4 shield) AR 10, Bulk 4
F/I/W: 0/0/0
Superior Longsword, Superior Plate, Large Shield, VS dagger

Will take a fatigue to ignore AP if attacked.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:06 pm

Ser Tyron raised his sword in salute at Ser Baelon's honourable dismount, giving both men time to draw steel and prepare themselves for what was to follow.

He may have agreed to give and accept quarter, but fight he would show his son how a Blackwood fights!

He barrelled towards Lord Drakeson, the pain of his injuries offsetting the momentum he gained from his shield bash.

Health: 6/12
CD: 10
I/w/f: 2/0/1
Lesser action: move adjacent to Ser Baelon
Lesser action: [url=Knockdown][/url]: 4d6 14
Fatigue
Lesser action: [url=Fighting][/url]: 7d6k5-2 19 - 5 damage per DoS

[OOC: corrected Ser Tyron's tilt roll for talented (fighting) and spears 3B now that I've checked my spreadsheet, but no difference made]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:44 pm

Baelon lands hard in the mud with loud squelch, but Ser Tyron's follow-up attack skitters off of his armor.
Baelon spins around, hooking the back of the other knight's leg, sending the Blackwood knight unceremoniously into the mud - again - and brings his sword down, finding a gap in the plates of Ser Tyron's upper leg.

OOC:
Looks like Ser Tyron did not get his +1D for the successful knockdown, so adding that in: [url=Extra die for KD][/url]: 1d6 4 yields 23
23 vs 14 CD, 2 DoS x 5 = 10 - 10AR = 0 damage

Lesser Action: [url=Knockdown][/url]: 4d6 18 -1 fatigue, 17 Success
Lesser Action: [url=Attack w/ KD die][/url]: 9d6k7 23 (sup. longsword offsets fatigue) 23 vs 10 CD, 3 DoS, 15 - 10 AR = 5 damage

Round 1
[url=PutG Initiative][/url]: 3d6-3 4
Combat Defense: 11 [14 if fatigue used] (Base 10, -3 Armor, +4 shield) AR 10, Bulk 4
F/I/W: 1/0/0

Will take a fatigue to ignore AP if attacked.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Ser Tyron fought more conservatively than he perhaps would have had this been a matter of life and death, controlling his temper and an outright reckless attack. Perhaps a mistake in hindsight.
Once more Lord Drakeson's training, shield and finely wrought plate proved sufficient to repel the Blackwood knight's assault, although it was a close run thing again. Prince Daemon's supposed bastard lived up to his reputation once more, and had evidently absorbed some lessons from his hard fought duel with Ser Hugh Rivers.
Still, at least he was wearing the young Lord down. Unfortunately, Lord Drakeson's sword continued to snake in and out of Tyron's own defences, leaving him winded and close to defeat.

Health: 1/12
I/w/f: 2/0/1
Lesser action: [url=Fighting][/url]: 8d6k6-2 23
Lesser action: aim

[OOC: thanks for remembering the extra dice I'd missed in the first round of hand to hand. Two rounds of missing that vital extra DoS by 1!]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:34 pm

As the cold, wet mud saps the heat from Baelon's muscles, he feels the dull drain of exhaustion start to creep in.

Calm down. Breathe No reason to rush this. You have the edge, ride it to victory.

He shifts his attention to defense, but his sword still manages to find an opening in Ser Tyron's plate, this time his blade sinking into Ser Tyron's sword arm, drawing a significant amount of blood.
Baelon tries to drive Ser Tyron back, but fails to gain sufficient leverage, sliding in the mud instead of moving his opponent.

Round 2

Lesser Action: [url=Cautious Attack][/url]: 9d6k6-1 24 vs CD 10, 3 DoS 15-10AR = 5 damage [2 injuries or defeat]
Lesser Action: [url=maneuver][/url]: 6d6-2 13 Uh, no.

Combat Defense: 11 [14 with cautious] (Base 10, -3 Armor, +4 shield) AR 10, Bulk 4
F/I/W: 2/0/0
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:09 pm

[OOC: Just a note that I a approved the DP spent, Reader didn't just use up precious resources without asking. :;
):
Also, it's Ser Tyron's action]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:11 pm

Lord Drakeson's blade bit deeply enough to slow Ser Tyron's sword arm, and the bastard-Lord was able to deflect his foe's wild attacks.

The man seemed keen to put up a fine showing in front of his son, as it seemed likely the last time the two would see each other for many a year.

However, the bout seemed near an end already. It would soon be time to bring proceedings to an end and do justice...

CD: 10 (5 with reckless assault)
I/w/f: 4/0/1
Greater action: [url=Reckless attack][/url]: 8d6k6-4 21 - 2 DoS = 10 Damage - 10 = 0 Damage
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:13 pm

Baelon takes advantage of the opening left by Ser Tyron's wild swing to roll to his feet, his sword simultaneously finding a gap below Ser Tyron's backplate, slicing a deep gash.

"
Yield, Ser Tyron, and redeem yourself in service to the Seven Kingdoms."

Round 3

Greater Action: stand
Take fatigue for extra action
Lesser Action: [url=Cautious Attack][/url]: 9d6k6+1-3 25 vs 5 CD, 4 DoS, 20 - 10AR = 10 Damage (Wound or defeat)

Combat Defense: 11 [14 with cautious] (Base 10, -3 Armor, +4 shield) AR 10, Bulk 4
F/I/W: 3/0/0
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Ser Tyron throws down his sword in the mud, wincing but drawing himself up to his full height to speak clearly to the spectators.

"
I yield ser. If my son must see me defeated, at least let it be to a champion swordsman and having fought to my limits."

Ser Tyron speak boldly, a brave man despite his impending exile. No false bravado is needed here - he trusts to his conqueror's plan for Jojen's safety.

I/w/f: 4/1/1
Greater action: yield

[Lord Drakeson gains 1 glory]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:11 am

Baelon addresses his defeated foe loudly, so as to include the audience in it.
"
No man can deny that you fought with skill and honor today. May those skills serve the Seven Kingdoms well in the years to come."

More quietly he adds:
"
I will speak to Lord Haig immediately, as agreed."

"
Maester Leopold! Come, please see to Ser Tyron's injuries. It would not do to let his wounds fester."

He then approaches Lord Haig, as promised, to ask that Jojen be allowed to serve as Baelon's squire.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:11 pm

"
I will not deny you such Lord Drakeson. Either for the sake of our friendship or to deny any lad the chance to serve beneath a swordsman like you."

Rids me of a damned Blackwood spy too, Seven scourge whichever Black trickster forced that in to the blasted treaty.

"
I can but ask that some son of yours serves beneath the Stallion as a page or squire, once you get that beautiful wife of yours with child."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:54 pm

[placeholder]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:48 pm

The crowd cheered, more united than at several of the other matches. Anything that reinforced sparing nobles in combat was welcome to some, whatever the rancour between the two houses.

As for the houses, themselves, the Brackens cheered in triumph. They had seen a Blackwood defeated, while the Blackwood voices were raised in relief. They had at least seen their man spared by Lord Drakeson. Once more, his sword gave support to the claims that he was Prince Daemon Targaryen's son, for who else could wield a longsword with such skill?
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:52 pm

"
I am sure that it will not be too much longer until I have a son."
He says with a grin. "
I thank you, though your own swordsmanship should not be discounted so easily."

Removing a gauntlet he clasps the older lord's shoulder in a friendly gesture. "
I am continuously grateful for our friendship. Now, I must go to wash the remainder of this mud off. It may have been an honorable fight, but certainly not a clean one."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:56 pm

"
Ha! Well said Lord Drakeson. Still, rain or sunshine, you put them on the ground, eh?"

He returned his friends' grasp with even greater strength - despite being well in to middle age he was a great bear of a man. Happiness forced out all thoughts of mud or decorum.

Seeing a friend succeed filled Lord Bracken with genuine joy.

Seeing a friend succeed against a Blackwood pushed Lord Bracken in to realms beyond his vocabulary. Despite Maester Humphrey's best efforts, he would ever be a better solider than a scholar.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down