Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sea Wyrm roams again

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sea Wyrm roams again Empty Sea Wyrm roams again

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:34 pm

Athelstan finds himself free of the deep dungeons and away of the scorn of Lord Ferris, defeating lord Mallister was no simple task, and helping to bring his son at the table and not to cross swords and further damage to their lands won him his freedom... and timely intervention of Yoren with his honeyed words to lord Ferris, after all that's how he got to be heir, no surprises there.

Well someone has to pay and it's a good time of the year to join the raiding parties and keep making a name for myself among the ironborn. No, that is simple enough to do, greenlanders want me a villain, I'll give them a villain worth fearing, since greenlanders only respect strength and force, I shall grant them something to recon with next time I have the chance, but for now I'll find some tournament's to participate in the melee to hone my skill and cruelty, I'll let my axe speak for me and the dead and defeated, to spread the word.

Athelstan searches for tournaments worth entering to make a name for himself, finding the Tournament of "
the Gates"
of House Frey, that should bring enough attention, and after his victory over lord Mallister in a duel, it has already helped him with his reputation, for better or worse. They are probably trying to win back some of their lost face during the Riverrun problems they had, and not like House Longshore didn't, but then again that was just lord Tully meddling in none of his business, other than steal money from our coffers.
[url=Status][/url]: 3d6k3 17

For many it was a surprise that Athelstan was not there to joust, but for the melee, and he was looking at the knights and other participants to figure a strategy to win. My axe will be a dulled weapon, but they will reel from every swing as I brake bone without tearing flesh asunder
[url=Warfare (Command)][/url]: 4d6k3 15

Once the fight began Athelstan proved his reflexes were as good as always, quick on his feet and gaining momentum to bring his axe down in fierce and deadly arcs. This is not about winning that much, is about sowing fear and inflicting pain in as many greenlanders as he could, if he won it was fine, but it was not the money he wanted it was their fear, make them think twice before even having to raise their sword against an unstoppable tide of blows.

[url=Agility (Quickness)][/url]: 5d6k4 20 (+1 forgot to add from success in the first 2 rolls) 21
[url=Fighting (Axes)][/url]: 7d6k5+1 20 (+1 forgot to add from success in the first 2 rolls) 21

Athelstan started as he always did quick on his feet, but with every blow there were broken bones and knights left on his wake, a sea dragon breaking hulls and damaging the insides, the audience look in horror as he maims and brakes knights, no matter how hard they hit him back, he continues to swing his axe, woe betide the knights he caught by surprise, they had it the worse people weren't sure if someone died, but perhaps later in the day someone would, it was Ser Ereth that struck him from the flank while he was felling another knight, his axe unstopped by armor or shield, it just broke through them, but the sea wyrm, the horror of the gates, the red wake was finally down and the melee finished soon after, won by Ser Ereth.

Last edited by 149 on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Sea Wyrm roams again Empty Re: Sea Wyrm roams again

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:50 pm

The buzz around him was all about how this monster ought to have been put down like the rabid dog he was....this was the twins after all, and Ser Benjen had been sentenced to the wall for less than Athelstan had done, or so all the locals agreed. This the Freys were not so quick to forget as the fact that none of them had liked their furious cousin. Theomore, however, simply watched and listened with great interest. The one-eyed ironborn fought like a man possessed. Different from the more calculated style seen at Riverrun, quite curious, and Theomore has a feeling that this particular curiosity ought to be indulged, not that he needed any additional incentive most times.

Not that it was too hard to get the chance later, Athelstan's rampage in the melee had served to make most avoid the man the following evening, well Theomore figures that the fact that he dares approach the "
monster"
might as well make the assorted nobles admire him for his courage more so than scorn at him for associating with such scum, funny how the sheep thinks, they forget that there are no axes allowed in the hall. "
It would appear that this bench is empty"
he more states than asks, a servant arrives with a bottle of fine arbor red shortly after. "
From the personal stocks of Lord Forrest"
Theomore says matter-of-factly "
It's nice friends, but I suppose being feared is better than being loved, if one must chose between them."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:08 pm

Athelstan looks at the man coming closer and sit next to him, not quite sure where he saw him last but his face looks familiar enough, and will humor his "
guest"
and probably only one willing to sit next to him after I will remember who you are before long, I know I've seen you somewhere before "
It's the better of the two choices I would say, it makes your enemies think twice and only your true friends will see through... or your worst enemies"
looking at the bottle of wine "
stretching a hand to the man "
Athelstan Pyke, and a assorted of list of long titles that follow to long to name, but 'm sure you have heard at least half of them if not all"
he smiles owning them all "
People will seek you no matter how bad you are, someone always needs a man like you"
bowing in respect "
I wouldn't mind a sip"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:34 pm

"
Well, I did happen to attend the tourney at Riverrun...."
Theomore says knowingly, refreshingly odd not to be recognized, but Athelstan probably did have other things on his mind back then. "
I would be Ser Theomore Tullison, and I almost won myself the title of conciliator, though history does not take stock of almost"
he chuckles as he waves for the servant to fill two glasses.

"
Though I must admit that I am more of the type that wants it all, being loved is quite nice, being feared is considerably more useful."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:06 pm

"
Yes, I remember you now, and I'm glad I did not face you in the joust after you skewed the kingsguard, it was a great performance on your part"
looking at the servant tremble a bit when serving the cup "
Arbor red is not the only red thing I can spill off my cup"
looking at the boy to make him more nervous and some sweat trickle down his forehead "
Relax I'm only joking"
then turning again to Ser Theomore, "
Apologies for not the immediate recognition, my eye sight is not what it used to be anymore, history remembers victors not all the circumstances that lead to it, the scheming behind and the backstabing, that turns some into heroes and others into villains, so I rather like to hear about Ser Theomore than another that probably stumbled on the title or used his strength of position to take it"
taking a sip of the cup and enjoying the wine, looking at Theomore "
Fear is a tool, as long as you are aware of it there is, and love is not, unless it's fake"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:56 am

"
I don't think I would be known as such either way, but a respected..."
Theomore adds a pause, as if to find the right word to describe Nathan before opting for his favorite "
friend of mine said he would dub me as such if I managed to convince someone to do a certain something for the good of the realm. That tale ended somewhat differently than I had arranged, but the telling is ill suited for these halls I am afraid. Another night, perhaps?"

"
I am but a simple man, with simple motivations and simple goals, it is just that I do not have the habit of letting people know what they are, and how I go about pursuing them. And people fear what they do not know, I just need to show them that I am capable of being just as dangerous to those who get in my way as your axe is to those that get in yours, and keep them guessing at the rest."

Theomore lifts his glass in silent toast.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:21 am

Athelstan answers the silent toast

"
That is my point precisely, do something to draw attention, let people think they have you figured out so you can surprise when people didn't expect you capable of other things, the fear of uncertainty and the unknown is something greenlander have, for us ironborn we all know the only two things are certain, birth and death and you best enjoy the time you have in between"
drinking from his cup to the toast "
Simple things are usually the best ones, it makes it easier to know what you want and what to strive for"
a grim visage crosses his eyes "
I have learned to not trust so easy, it costed me my eye to learn that"
he smiles to Theomore "
That is also a story for another time, but also known as the story of Athelstan the kinslayer, how Yoren became the heir and Baelon wins with much less damage"
making a long pause and looking at his cup of wine "
I hope your reputation won't be tarnished to hard for sitting next to me, or even drinking with me"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:43 am

"
Ah, on the contrary, I have a feeling that they overestimate my courage, as they are too scared to do what I just did."
Theomore smiles. "
I think they are all quite curious to know what sort of message you wanted to send out today, and now they believe that I know."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:53 am

Shrugging his shoulders "
I though my axe sent it pretty clear message, and I have no doubt many men will challenge me at some point and I'll send back their broken bodies"
looking at those looking at them talking "
Your courage will get you far then Ser Theomore, you will be the main talk of the day, and I'll just be something sour that passes peoples lips when they say how brave you were right now"
Athelstan smiles holding back a chuckle and drinking the rest of his cup and looking at the empty cup "
I also hope to never joust against you, lord Mallister was though jouster, and not so much in a duel, but your jousting... I rather not look like brochette at the end of a lance, so I assume it's a skill to remain more unnoticed than others, but knowing you can be as accomplished if you truly wanted."

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:14 am

"
Most of them only saw what they expected to see from an ironborn, a brutal berserker, though what puzzles them is that one showed up for a tourney, as most greenlander tourneys only have greenlander knights taking part"
Theomore is not quite in agreement with Athelstan's assessment of the message sent. "
And that is the question they are much too afraid to ask, and also the one question they are certain that I asked you, and considering that I am still sitting here, they believe you answered it, too. Perhaps you did?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:22 am

"
Look at them"
Athelstan even dares to point fingers at some of them not caring if they take offense or not "
Yes, a brutal berserker but that was carefully thought move, it is fear and dread what I wanted to plant in their hearts, something else to think about when they hear my name that will dig deeper than kinslayer, and of course fame or should I say infamy"
a smile and looking back at Theomore "
A means to an end, a tool to use for simple goals and a simple man"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:15 pm

"
Is that so?"
Theomore raises an eyebrow. "
The question then arises, is this all an Ironborn might want? To turn his name into something mothers will use to scare unruly children?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:16 pm

"
No, it's a start Ser Theomore, at some point I do hope to get my reward for my many efforts down the road"
smiling as if he could look down a road "
Ironborn are simple people, we live by our customs and the Drowned God guidance"
shrugging his shoulders "
True friends and honest men are easy to find in ironborn, if you really want to see things for what they are. I want simple things Ser Theomore, no bastard enjoys being one, specially if your father is a lord and doesn't even look at you when he speaks or treats you any better than one of his men-at-arms, but won't deny either that you are his, an invisible chain to bind you and use you that I got rid off."
looking back at Theomore "
Maybe one day I might even have my own banner House"
he smiles a crooked smile serving Ser Theomore some more wine if his cup is empty and he needs a refill.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:41 pm

"
Lord Ferris is not getting any younger, I hear."
Theomore throws out into the air to see if that might trigger a reaction. "
Mayhaps his successor might be more inclined to grant a position of prominence to a prized warrior? Or perhaps he sees potential in a dreaded warrior with a complicated relationship towards House Longshore....."

"
Or perhaps there are fortunes to be found among us soft greenlanders, ripe for the taking?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:04 pm

"
More of the former, House Longshore does not want to the same as ironborn Houses, we are living among greenlanders, why make war with the entire Riverlands for a few gold dragons, when you can just trade and continue to have some men be hired as mercenaries for some Houses that need the muscle for a task"
he nods to himself "
It's more the former in the hopes Yoren could see me when lord Ferris never did now that I have their attention, he will raise the dread warrior to a position of prominence, either from fear of me or respect because he fears what I might do next, it's a win situation either way for him and for me"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:52 pm

"
Or he could kill you in your sleep."
Theomore flashes a sinister grin. "
A dead man does not retaliate, unless he has friends to do so for him."

"
Being dreaded is well and good, but always be aware that a ruthless and pragmatic opponent will appease you only as far as this carries less cost than to cross you, and if the latter only takes one man with a knife and the desire to end you...."
Theomore takes a long sip to make it sink. "
That is why we have family, you know. To take care of us when we are too frail to rise from our beds because we once took care of them when they had not yet learned how, and to avenge us, so that none will lightly raise a blade against any of our blood."

"
Without family or a pact with others, we die alone when winter is upon us."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:08 am

"
Yes, a part of me died in that tournament, when Yoren made the best to take the reins of House Longshore, and the knife can come from a woman too, that you thought it was something well maybe a bit higher than you deserve, but why not risk to aim high unless you are unaware that those that were supporting you were just using you from the start"
he fills his cup slowly "
Family is nice to have, but I have but half of one that won't stop to cast me to the seven hells to save his hide or gain from my downfall, I have an 'Eye' for such things now, or if I choose to pursuit a woman it won't be out of the good of my heart either, that stung the worst than trying to be killed by my two brothers in a different way"
he drinks deep and slow "
You have family to avenge you Ser Theomore, all I have is me and a half brother willing to help me as long as it benefits, and willing to cast me aside when it does not, much less avenge me, but that is what it means to be a bastard too, not everyone is the bastard of a mighty House to garner smiles, much less if it's an ironborn"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:56 pm

"
Springing from the loins of someone powerful is no guarantee that family cares, if it's on the wrong side of the sheets."
Theomore shrugs. "
Ser Baelon, like you, was never recognized, but we all knew who the father was. Might be it gave him the drive and fire to rise to where he is now...unless, of course, the apple didn't fall very far from the tree, but he received no aid from his name or father in getting there. Enemies aplenty on both sides though."

"
A bastard that is treated like the son he is, can be a loyal asset to the family, or the feeling of never being as good as his trueborn siblings might drive him into fulfilling all the expectations of one born from lust and sin. If a man is so inclined to spread his seed around, he better ensure that his children are born of the smallfolk and stays of the smallfolk I always say. Then you get all the pleasure and none of the headaches."

"
But I digress, we were talking of your brother, yes? Would you consider yourself happy with that arrangement, or is there something missing?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:21 pm

"
I'm happy for him, but sorry at the same time once word reaches the other iron lords that he does not worship the Drowned God, things will become harder for the Longshores in the long run"
rubbing his chin "
Won't be long before they treat us and view us as greenlanders, since he would be head of House, so the moment lord Ferris takes his last trip to the Drowned God's halls more than likely time before we see ironborn raiders in our own coast won't be far behind, so now we need to marry him to a good match, and Alya also to have allies for when it does come"
mention of Alya's name angers him.

"
We tried the Mallister's after they invaded our lands, but they refused marriage, and peace was bought by my axe and the broken body of lord Mallister at my feet, he looked by far worse than the knights in the melee"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:11 am

"
The Mallisters are like to think it a good thing that you and your own kind slaughter each other from their point of view."
Theomore opts not to comment further on the futility of an alliance with the eagle. "
Friends and allies would be best searched for elsewhere, I think, mayhaps by other houses sharing an irritation on the subject of Lord Gorman? Then there are the lords of ambition, willing to take a gambit with a house that most others will shun."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:01 am

"
Yes, we just need to find such lords that are also hungry and willing to take risks, and others that are dissatisfied or irritated with lord Gorman. The Frey's would have been a good option probably, but not so sure, it's just hard to see and find someone, but I'm sure they will eventually show their faces when it matters, after all plenty of lord could use a man like me to do some work"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:12 am

"
Lord Forrest does have half a dozen cousins in need of wives..."
Theomore's voice trails off. "
They are all pursuing the same lady though, but she won't be locked up in the septry forever, at least five of them will need to turn their gaze elsewhere."

"
I am not entirely familiar with the Longshore lineage, though those Freys are the sort that would look upon the lady Alya and see themselves the new lord Longshore, for if you are looking for ambition, you have come to the right place."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:35 am

"
Figured as much, just hope one of those five is to be the less worse of the litter. A prowess all in itself I suppose to figure that one out for me"
shrugging his shoulders "
Then I'm sure it will cost more than they are worth just yo convince them of it. Alya is a beautiful woman she can sing and is very lady like, but do not piss her off or you may find a true ironborn warrior in her... she is no push over in a fight that is for sure if she needs to"
looking at Ser Theomore "
You are single are you not Ser Theomore?"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:44 am

"
I am"
Theomore confirms, resisting the urge to make some remark about it. Of all other subjects, he usually was more talkative, but it would be wrong to jape about this one.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:49 am

'Well, if you ever feel the need to meet Alya at least let me know, worst that can happen is you liking her and lord Dunstan making a fuss about it"
he chuckles "
In all do honesty I just want her to be safe and while you have problems with the mountain tribes, it can't be as bad as having the Mallisters and anyone else that choose to take a stab at us at any given point, since finding a match for Yoren might be more difficult"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next