Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 4] LE - The Sea Wyrm Stirs (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[Day 4] LE - The Sea Wyrm Stirs (Closed) Empty [Day 4] LE - The Sea Wyrm Stirs (Closed)

Post by Athelstan Wed May 13, 2015 8:16 pm

Athelstan and the ironborn were celebrating his jousting and letting him know he did well even if he lost in his duel,he shakes hands, shared stories and jokes with the men. Some still wary of him, other distant, some welcoming to his presence It is time I speak to the men properly and get them in line, now before it's to late, Yoren is not here to be a problem, I shall speak to him when the time is right.

Athelstan clears his throat for a moment before using his best voice to speak to his men

"
Alright men, now that we are all gathered in here amongst iron brother and we can speak freely, I want you to heed my words"
looking at the crowd, knowing it was going to be a hard fought battle of words and minds, but that would never deter him "
Today I lost an eye, but I gained wisdom as I fought, and in defeat I found clarity and through my jousting strength and the conviction to stand here now to speak to you of important matters, that must be discussed"
crossing his arms looking the scene good I still have them, do not lose them now

"
I loved my brothers, and I love them still..."
opening his arms in a pleading gesture "
I don't care what you believe of me and Roddric's encounter let the Drowned God judge me when the time comes, but it's not the first time a Longshore has done this for the better of our House"
stirring some hate and emotions of all things as well as insult "
Lord Andrik the mad they said, aye he might have been, and it was his brother that killed him for greed and said he was mad, we will never know the truth of it, but this time those that have fought with me know I bear the curse laid upon the Longshore for such action, given by the Drowned God judgement for ironborn should never draw blood from another without just cause, yet here I stand"
letting the men speak and throw insults but noticing his words are beginning to take shape in them.

"
Now you have Yoren he has spent so long away, he'd be half a stranger here. The ironborn would never seat a stranger in the Landhold seat, and you will all be cursed and damned if you sit someone that does not worship the Drowned God, our House will see it's first weak lord with no fighting power except for words, and not even that great as far as I can tell"
pacing around "
For fuck sakes, he got beaten by a woman with half the skill any of you has. Yoren might have been a ironborn 10 years ago, but now he is more like the greenlander or someone from Essos, and while I understand we must try to survive with greenladers and pretend to play their games, we are far stronger then them"
he nods "
We are the monsters they tell their children to scare them, what greenlanders fear"
shrugging his shoulders.

"
We need unity now, the fractious nature of the greenlanders and their politics have played in to House benefits, since we reave like we used to. We are the ironborn, and once we were conquerors. Our writ ran everywhere the sound of the waves was heard. My brother would be content with having you convert to this fire God of his and to live with the riverlands, but I shall give you more, we will expand deeper into the riverlands, I say we take it all!!"
lifting his drink "
Of course this will take a long time to do, but we will be remember as the ones that brought greatness to House Longshore and the Drowned God for reviving our old ways and glory to the ironborn. We just need to abide for the right time, we will play this riverlanders for their greed and needs, but slowly we will take back what is rightfully ours."

"
I have my voice, and the Drowned God is with me. Mine is the strength of the sea, a strength the greenlander cannot hope to withstand. The waves may break upon the mountain, yet still they come, wave upon wave, and in the end only pebbles remain where once the mountain stood. And soon even the pebbles are swept away, to be ground beneath the sea for all eternity."

[url=Persuasion][/url]: 3d6k3 18

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

[Day 4] LE - The Sea Wyrm Stirs (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 4] LE - The Sea Wyrm Stirs (Closed)

Post by Reader Wed May 13, 2015 10:08 pm

It is a speech for the ages. It needed to be, given that it was the despised Kinslayer giving it.

As Athelstan begins to speak, two thirds of the crowd are ready to lynch him on the spot.

After his first few sentences, they wave decided to restrain themselves to booing and heckles.

By the time he's halfway through, one or two are even nodding along.

By the end, several young raiders are shouting out their support enthusiastically, although many of Leifnarr's veterans and younger supporters of Roddric shake their heads in bafflement at the folly of their fellow ironborn.

It is a speech for the ages. But can words wash away a brother's blood?
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down