Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3 ME]In the memory of the sea wyrm[Closed]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D3 ME]In the memory of the sea wyrm[Closed] Empty [D3 ME]In the memory of the sea wyrm[Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:22 pm

After meeting Corrine, Theomore had someone else to see. And finding him was not too difficult, the longshores were all quartered at the warrior's seat. All Theomore had to do was to head back. It was a natural reaction for them to seek the safety of Bracken walls. No doubt news must have reached them.

"
You have my condolences, lord Yoren."
Theomore takes extra effort to be polite, Yoren did not seem the type to easily anger, but who knows what the death of a half-brother might bring out.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D3 ME]In the memory of the sea wyrm[Closed] Empty Re: [D3 ME]In the memory of the sea wyrm[Closed]

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:22 pm

Yoren's face is eerily hidden as he stands behind a brazier, eyes cast downwards. However, in stark contrast to the heat of the brazier he answers: "
Ser Theomore. Do I have anything more than your condolences?"
He looks up at Theomore before continuing:
"
I've heard from Njål what happened, were you present? From what I've pieced together Baelon and Corrine killed him before he plumeted down a mineshaft, do you know anything more?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

[D3 ME]In the memory of the sea wyrm[Closed] Empty Re: [D3 ME]In the memory of the sea wyrm[Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:56 pm

"
I wasn't there, no, I have spoken with septon Arlyn and the lady Corrine, hoping to get as clear a picture as I can before making too many conclusions of my own."
Theomore shakes his head. "
I take it Njål was not there to witness it?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:54 pm

[Sorry, thought I already had replied...]
"
Njål was there, though he has not spoken too much, we aim to do the funeral first, then untangle things later, as we still have five days to go."

Yoren stares down into the brazier: "
How should he be put to rest? Who should put him to rest? Do you know how hard it is to appease so many people on religious matters?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:59 pm

"
That can be difficult enough with just the faith of the seven to consider"
Theomore comments dryly. "
I can relay to you what I make of the accounts that I have heard of the incident."

"
You may not have five days, there will be a hearing tomorrow, Lord Baelon will have to explain himself, as does the Coldbrooks. That is likely the appropriate opportunity to bring up such concerns House Longshore may have. There is a need to agree upon what exactly lies within the mandate of the royal charge given to us, and to restore trust among the houses involved, we will not bring peace to this feud if we are looking over our shoulder wondering if some overzealous knight are going to assault us on some suspicion of wrongdoing."

"
I realize that this may seem unimportant right now, but I do not think Athelstan would want his death to ruin the peace we are here to build. And House Longshore have up until now been among those most committed to see it done."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:31 pm

"
We will see it done, our honor mandates it. We will come to that hearing, and where they may use their flowered, pretty words we will give the truth untarnished. We will right wrongs, we will see that justice is served, we will show that every act of evil has a opposite of good."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:46 pm

"
The truth untarnished?"
Theomore looks at Yoren with some curiosity at that statement. "
Do you believe that someone will try to present a version of the tale that differs from the actual events that transpired?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:52 pm

"
Yes."
Yoren answers simply, not going into details. The simple statement and Theomores imagination could produce the possibilities better than I can explain, he thinks to himself.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:28 am

"
I see."
Theomore looks thoughtful. "
I do not believe the lady Corrine lied to me, but she did not remember everything and perhaps some of it less than clearly, and I am left with questions. There are loose threads with the story thus far, and tying them together with speculation gives rise to possible conclusions I am not comfortable with making on such flimsy basis."

"
I should like to hear Njål's account, perhaps he might remember the pieces I need to make sense of it? I understand if you would prefer not to revisit the subject at this moment, and if so, I shall not push, but it is harder to remember details the longer it has been since something happened."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:19 pm

"
I'm not saying that she in particular lied, I honestly don't know who will, but if you are blind and you're told the sky is green, you are not technically lying, just passing on miss information."
Yoren bobs his head up and down, af if agreeing with his statement.

"
I've talked to him, and I have written down his account, he is not a man of letters. A quick talk to me seemed a bit taxing for fim, but if you want to, then by all means, ask for him. If he doesn't want to talk, you can see him tomorrow, after he's rested."

OOC: Reader is on his trip, but if he has time you can talk to him today, if not you have a convenient explanation.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:09 pm

"
Ah, perhaps I might be allowed to read that account?"
Theomore asked with some hope in his voice, that would be invaluable indeed. "
What irks me the most is the question of what drove Athelstan to take the fatal way out, he did seem to have ambitions and hopes for the future the last time we spoke, far from a man that would want to die when there may yet be a hope of living."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:35 pm

"
Sure, have them, but it'd be good if I could have them back by tomorrow."
Yoren smiles at Theomore as he hands over a few sheets of cheap paper: "
this is verbatim, but he was a little upset, so don't put too much stock into his description of the septon, he puts little stock in the faith..."

[When I get info on what I know from reader I'll ask him to forward it to you.]

"
I have heard that heated words were passed after Athelstans death too. It seems that you Tullisons were blessed by your absence. What do you say?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:02 pm

"
What I am reasonably certain of is that Lord Baelon and all his bloodriders surrounded Athelstan, accusing him of tampering with the evidence at the mines, all Athelstan said was that he had moved some wildfire into the mines, because he did not wish anyone to accidentally stumble upon them. This did not placate Lord Baelon, who ordered his bloodriders to shoot Athelstan's horse and threaten to have him shot and crippled if he did not answer his questions."
Theomore relates what Corrine had told him dispassionately. "
Then Athelstan reached for his axe, and seemed to go after lady corrine, she panicked and shot him with her bow, after that, he threw himself into a mineshaft. I believe Ser Marcus when he stated that falling down was his own choice."

"
I believe that Lord Baelon overstepping his authority would be the kindest description I can imagine to use for his acts, I can think of a few that would be a deal worse, but those would be based on speculation, and I do not wish to make such conclusions based on speculation."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:50 am

"
Let's keep the speculation to a minimum, tomorrow it wil all come to light. Hopefully it's not a dark story, for dark stories in the light are disgusting indeed... I heard that an entire new contingent will come tomorrow, so they should be able to give a fresh view to things here."

Yoren walks back to behind the brazier, his hands almost touching the fire.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:05 pm

"
As you say, Lord Yoren."
Theomore ponders for a moment if Yoren is pragmatic and conciliatory, or simply hiding his tranquil fury. "
I don't suppose you have any idea what this about Wildfire might be?"

[url=awareness(empathy)][/url]: 5d6k4 19 pm incoming.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:12 pm

[Baelon will try some mollyfying earlier than this, so I'll get back with the details after I've had that talk.]

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:41 pm

Yoren looks worried at the mention of wildfire: "
I have no idea if it's true, but I operate based on the fact that it is, better safe than sorry I'd say. We should all look for it, and if Baelon is right it has to be hidden in plain sight, possibly as winebottles in a winecellar. If there is as large an amount as Baelon says this may burn down a good sized castle."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:27 pm

"
And I doubt the king will give us an extension on delivering the peacetreaty."
Theomore grumbles. "
The day is coming to an end, and tomorrow I need to head back out in the field to restore the king's peace, we broke the organized resistance today, or so I hope, but broken men are still a menace, and better deal with them now than later."
That he had been chosen for this task implied that the side that preferred to kill them all had prevailed. Theomore did not exactly have a track record for taking prisoners. "
But house Tullison have other men in our service with good eyes and keen minds, I can talk to Dunstan about it during breakfast."

"
There is one more thing we might need to discuss, Athelstan's findings today at Pennytree might be put in doubt on account of him finding it. My man has verified the findings, so whatever else he might have done, tampering with what was there to be found is not among them, assuming the accounts brought to you are in agreements with those brought to me. But then, it would be best if Tullison involvement where kept unmentioned, I must admit that I knew where to look given prior dealings with the men that were there. They know that I knew they were there, and thus revealing my involvement in their exposure would be unfortunate."

"
So it may be an idea to present the findings as those of House Longshore."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:24 pm

"
We'll bring your findings up, don't worry about that."
Yoren shrugs: "
I'll get your evidence to be heard, however, alone I doubt it will be given as much heed."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:10 pm

"
Each house does indeed make up it's own mind on the matters presented to them."
Theomore agrees, though he had a plan for this of course. No need to mention that, though. "
All we can do is present our findings and see where they lead us."

"
And I do owe you a favor, if you feel like having a need for it seeing how this day has turned."
Theomore adds, his demeanor suggesting a desire to help. Of course, what would be better than what Yoren wished him to do played into his own agenda or open some other opportunity? If nothing else, doing favors made people like you, even if that was in return for a favor first given to you.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:18 pm

Yoren smiles amiably:
"
I might have need of assistance one day, I'll be sure to call on you then. Remember that you just need to ask if you need anything further. With the politics as they are I am afraid that we might both need favours in the near future."

Looking up he asks: "
Is there anything else? Will you come to the funeral tonight?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:27 pm

"
There is one matter that House Tullison indeed could use some assistance with, connected both in short and long term, though that is not exactly small or insignificant matter."
Theomore might as well play this piece forward to see if the response invites for further moves.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:36 pm

"
If it was small or insignificant it would hardly be a favour. What is it?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:15 pm

"
There are small favors, and then there are favors that have enough of an impact for some maester in Oldtown to find it worth the bother to record it."
Theomore shrugs. "
With the pieces starting to fall in place for the near term, my attention once again can turn to the larger scheme of things, there is a peace treaty to be written, yes, but that will do no more than to put this feud on hold until fire and blood will rain upon the seven kingdoms."

"
And I would prefer that my family and I will weather that storm."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:01 pm

Yoren nods: "
I appreciate your caution, however, I need to know more to be able to help you. What help do you need to weather the storm. We all need to weather the storm, but what do you need in particular?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next