Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(D1 - MA) Ironbond Brothers (Closed-ish)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(D1 - MA) Ironbond Brothers (Closed-ish) Empty (D1 - MA) Ironbond Brothers (Closed-ish)

Post by Athelstan Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Athelstan comes to the meeting place, the Green Door Inn, in hopes that Yoren has dome some investigating also and compare their notes so far, and figuring out where they are staying while during the investigations. Finding the table that could be the most private for what they are going to discuss and sit the men in the tables around them so they make enough noise to make any eavesdropping harder

This shall be a long week... Corrine is here also... hmm... I'm sure that opportunistic bastard is here too, basking in glory that he got given in a silver spoon

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

(D1 - MA) Ironbond Brothers (Closed-ish) Empty Re: (D1 - MA) Ironbond Brothers (Closed-ish)

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:35 pm

"
How's your day been?"
Yoren comes over before relieving a barmaid from a few jugs of beer. His tattered robe disguises the armor under it well, so it is not until he shows a silver stag that he gets the jugs.

"
I've been looking at the attack under the flag of truce. Here, look at my notes!"
Yoren shows the hastily jotted down lines to Athelstan while he continues, i think I've got all the information I can get from that place. I've also talked to Lord Dulvers military assistant, and he's agreed to take me out in the field with him, they say that he is a marvellous tactician, I don't think he'll miss much information. What have you been up to after your investigation?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

(D1 - MA) Ironbond Brothers (Closed-ish) Empty Re: (D1 - MA) Ironbond Brothers (Closed-ish)

Post by Athelstan Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:43 pm

"
I was fine, until I stumbled on Blackbuckle Village"
taking one of the beers for himself and waiting for Yoren to sit down to start drinking.

"
They did poison the well there, just don't know enough to know what poison it was, so if you can find someone that will be good at it, I'll gladly take them there for a second pass"
taking a sip of his beer, as if trying to pass something stuck in his throat "
The problem is that they weren't only poisoned... the village itself has no military importance itself, and worked as a "
prison"
of sorts, but I found no dead Blackwood men from drinking poisoned water or a more direct way to die' looking at Yoren "
They made sure that there was no one left alive. It was deliberate and through job"
gulping down some more beer "
If poison didn't kill a villager, they made sure they died in another way and spare neither woman or child"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:27 pm

Yoren sits down heavily: "
Poisoning a whole village? That's not something anybody would want on their conscience. Regardless, I'll see if Daveth would like to bring you with him the day he's going. Blackbuckle seems to be the worst act done, they methodically slaughtered a village! Any indication on who did it? Was there any hard evidence? More importantly perhaps is whether or not anyone survived, wholesale murder is hard, especially with enemy forces lurking around."

Yoren shaked his head: "
You got the worst task today it seems, so would you want to choose first where you wish to go? After today I'll understand if you want to do some peaceful investigation tomorrow..."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:46 pm

"
I rather finish that job for peace of mind if Daveth agrees to it"
Athelstan smiles "
Well the village was important for the Bracken's, so they wouldn't do that to their own people, and it only leaves you with the Blackwood's taking back their prisoners and retaliation for it"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:19 pm

"
Probably, though out here no possibility should be ignored. You're most likely right, but if the Brackens were to poison the well and take out most of their people from the village they could then poison it themselves and claim that the Blackwoods were to blame."

Leaning forward Yoren says: "
On a brighter note: Did you hear of that Lucas girl, Maryssa? They say that she's ample enough for any man, you reckon either of us could have a chance? I think you have an eye for such things!"
Yoren puts a hand in front of one of his eyes as he claps Athelstan on the shoulder: "
Just joking with you, Cheers!"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:33 pm

"
The loss of that village hurts them more so I doubt they did that themselves"
crossing his arms not considering the possibility of a Bracken involvement in such thing "
Maryssa? Who? What? When?"
Athelstan glares at Yoren "
Very funny"
punching him on the shoulder, not hard as if fighting but in a playful manner.

"
This is going to be a long week Yoren, I think that we should look into the Blackwood's claims before they are tampered with"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:20 pm

"
Yes, I doubt it too, but an open mind has never hurt anybody. We need to do Blackwoods swiftly, maybe we should have someone with us too, to prove that we don't tamper ourselves? If things doesn't work out people will look for someone to blame, and people love blaming ironborn."
Yoren smiles grimly at Athelstan.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:02 pm

They shall blame anyone, but let's do it this way, I'll search the Bracken claims and you search the Blackwood's claims, go to the Mines first and then Pennytree Village, if someone has already been there it will be harder, but they will leave traces if they tampered with anything, so it's best to first to a place, that's why I want to revisit Blackbuckle with someone that can identify the poison and do further research, before moving to the Sept, which will be the first stop for many pious people, then we have the Darry's lands, we could do that together at different times, but let's settle for what are you doing tomorrow?"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:01 pm

"
I think the borderland to Darry is a good place to start for me, I think the mines is something for you to take, considering that the mines are spread between the two houses it may vex them if I spend too long time in either camp. You run a lesser risk of insult, as you are of lesser birth."
Yoren cocks his head apologeticly: "
sorry to say so, but it's a fact of life, firstborn son is often the one people pay attention to. You may use that to your advantage too."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:28 am

Not feeling at all insulted, it's not like he is lying about it "
That will depend on Daveth, if he refuses to go I might go to the mines instead, but something tells me to look again, but we shall see tomorrow what happens"
changing the subject "
Any wife prospects? You better find one before the two year peace ends. Perhaps a match for Alya"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:58 am

Yoren sighs wearily: "
It should all be done sooner rather than later, but we have to prioritise. Wives, murders, money, it all has to be dealt with as fast as possible. Do you have any suggestions?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:41 pm

"
Yes, let's finish this 8 days of misery without having a war break out, then we might be able to find a Frey fro Alya, and I have no idea were to start with you..."
a smirk and a trailing thought, the Bracken's do have several knights that could be interested in Alya if we were to send for her, she might arrive in a couple of days, at least for the last three days so they can meet her. Lady Kerry is probably quite single too..."
Athelstan looks at Yoren, not saying it will work, but there isn't anything stopping you from trying to get a strong ally for us, even if no marriage is accomplished"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:46 am

"
It seems so unnatural after having lived in Essos, but responsibility is a heavy burden. Kerry is ten years my junior and I've never met her... We'll have to see how things develop here, and if nothing works out here, tournaments pop up left and right, I may participate in one of those to find a bethrothed. Same goes for Alya, though I'm loathe to send her here, although she can handle herself in a pinch, most lords wouldn't want a woman who can handle herself in a fight.
What's your thoughts of Bracken vs Blackwood? Who would win purely militarily?"

Yoren asks for a refil for him and Athelstan from the barmaid, who complies with due haste.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:29 pm

"
I would say they are pretty even. Blackwoods have great archers I think, but Bracken seems the better commander and I dont really know his troops. So from a safe standing point I give them equal chances in a fight, but we will have a lot of information by the time we are done here"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:44 pm

"
Equality in force creates a stalemate, that means that neither side can attack without repercussions. They both have to look for our approval."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:00 pm

"
Not necessarily, a clever commander can just use superior tactics, but we do not know their military capabilities so all these are merely conjectures with no validity. The point remains, that you must find a wife and soon, Alya could strengthen our ties to an ironborn family that could help us against the Mallister should they ever dare come back"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:10 pm

"
The mallisters won't come for two years, and even then I think they'll have bigger fish to fry than us, the way things are going they'd have to leave a big force just to defend their own lands."
Yoren smiles: "
You worry too much, Mallisters are of little concern for now. We need Alya to find someone she can grow fond of."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:39 pm

"
Maybe, but we have no lack of enemies, and we do have a lack of friends to help us. Riverlanders wants us out and Iron Islands don't care much about us"
he puts both hands on the table "
We need allies that will fight, not friends you can send ravens to and have a drink with, those you can find anywhere, but the ones that will fight with you are not, and we lack plenty of those"
he grabs his drink and takes a big drink "
You think lord Mallister took his defeat as any other thing than another insult, two years he can spend recruiting soldier or making alliances, while you think that we are safe and they are just scared living their lives as if we don't exists and they are our neighbors, given time, it won't take long for an investigation like this is called for the Longshore and Mallister feud, if they keep making war on us, we will have to retaliate"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:15 pm

Yoren simply sips calmly
"
Are you Interested in how things really work? I was riding past the army encampment on my way here. A few hundred from all the houses, double that from the Coldbrooks, and we come here with us two and ten others. A Mallister attack will be repelled by Henryk with more than five hundred men under his command. Five prime warships capable of moving faster than any thing on land. I'm aware of a military threat. I'm doing what I can to stop it. However: Mallister is much better as an ally than as an enemy. Now: all your assertions has been correct, however it is something in what you say that I think you need to consider: You stated that he wouldn't attack in two years, he's man of his words and he's given us two years. He may hate us, but he gave us a promise, even though he didn't have to. He yielded and turned away, his men were worth more to him than his hatred. On our way home I'll talk to him, under a flag of truce and he'll listen. I worry about politics, not armies. We can deal with Mallisters, we have to be careful with politics. I fear the Freys and the Tullys more than I fear old Petyr."

Yoren sips away at his beer: "
If you could fish around for marriage for either me or Alya that would be good. It's unseemly for me to do so, but it is easier for you. If you find anyone then I'll be happy to do my duty."

Yoren looks all but happy, but at least he looks determined.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:36 pm

"
I'd be the least candidate to find you a wife, or a husband, perhaps Leifnarr could do something for Alya and find us an ironborn match for her, while maybe some of the lord can find you someone else. Lord Benedict has a sister I believe"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:43 pm

"
The problem is that I can't see Benedict being interested in being associated with us. If I meet him around I'll be sure to talk to him, but I'm not certain that it will work."
Yoren lowers his voice to a whisper and with a smile he adds: "
Wouldn't it be simpler to just get rid of all these green landers again?"

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:09 pm

"
Yes, but they are to many, and the iron lords are not interested in conquering the Riverlands, maybe only raiding them if they could"
crossing his arms in front of his chest "
If I had to start, there is a Drake's head that I will put on a spike, this time I won't be held back by chains like the last time"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:02 pm

Yoren grows serious: "
Is this something you are serious about? We have a long list of things to do, but if you think we should we can certainly look into it."
Yorens knuckles whitens as he have to think thoughts he has rarely had to think before.

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:49 pm

"
It is serious, but all in do time, that drake and this sea dragon aren't done yet, but let us focus in looking for wives and solving this problem"
for now.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next