Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(D1 - MA) Ironbond Brothers (Closed-ish)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

(D1 - MA) Ironbond Brothers (Closed-ish) - Page 2 Empty Re: (D1 - MA) Ironbond Brothers (Closed-ish)

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:33 pm

"
Yes, in all due time. I will talk to Bracken about either Kerry or ser Wyll. I'm not sure it will lead anywhere, but we'll see."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

(D1 - MA) Ironbond Brothers (Closed-ish) - Page 2 Empty Re: (D1 - MA) Ironbond Brothers (Closed-ish)

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:50 pm

I'll try and get closer to them, maybe get some information, besides, we are gathering information of both Houses while we are at it, it may be useful later on"
raiding season does come sooner or later.

"
You never told me exactly how your trip beyond the wall, and how did Loreia did not try to kill you, she does seem to have a thing... about ironborn"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:45 pm

"
The closer we are, the better we can work with them, even without marriage talking is good."

At Athelstans question on Loreia, Yoren answers simply: "
The same way that Mallister didn't kill us, there's no point."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:59 pm

"
I doubt you made her negotiate on pain of death and war"
he chuckles "
I wouldn't be surprised if she would have still take death over anything else"
still smiling, referring at the few exchanges he had with her and how she was so stubborn and full of pride "
There is time to plan on how I will get this done"
referring to his revenge "
What are your thoughts of why were we even chosen to come here?"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:22 pm

"
Are you sure I didn't?"
Yoren winks while having a sip: "
someone important doesn't like the Brackens it seems. We were probably chosen simply so that all regions of Westeros were represented. We are also a good candidate as we are the only iron born still on the mainland too."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:56 pm

"
I do not see any one from the Reach, Stormlands, or Crownlands just Houses that are Riverfolk, and Valemen other than us"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:06 pm

"
Codbrook is a northern house, Bartheld a reach house, Dulver a bannerman of the lannisters. True, both stormlands and crownlands are absent, but why I could not tell. Crownlands are obvious, but why the stormlands are missing would be pure conjecture. Perhaps the perpetrator of this is a stormlander, that would explain the black leanings."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:11 pm

"
Coldbrooks being northmen is like Longshore being ironborn. True we are born and have traditions, but not all of them and as lord Ferris points us very well we don't and can't behave like ironborn because we live among greenlanders, and Coldbrooks are Riverlanders more than Northeners"
displeased by the answer "
They are in a similar position as us, except they have let the an off-shot of a dragon in the door, and it's going to bite them in the ass sooner or later"
more evident of his dislike of Baelon than anything, but both Houses are the same, sworn to another and living in another one.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:24 pm

"
What you are saying is that the representatives from each of the bannerlords are not necessarily following the ideals of their lord paramount. This tells us something else: While they want to seem to be representing all parts of the kingdom they are not, which also tells us that whomever they are trying to fool is not up to date, as they haven't caught on to the fact that this is not bringing people from the core demographic."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:26 pm

"
So we must be careful, the balance is tilted toward the Blackwoods and I intend to at least help make it even if I can"
all but not saying he will support the Bracken's in their claims "
Tullisons and Coldbrooks are going to the Blackwoods and the Marsten... well they used to support the Bracken, now they have marriage ties to the Blackwoods"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:54 pm

"
Does it really matter where the scales tip? I'm just concerned about getting my family and my house out of this mess, let the high lords do their poltics and their plotting, I just want peace for our people. If we can bring justice, that's just a bonus, but family comes first, we have to remember that."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:01 pm

"
It also benefits our family to have a powerful ally and while we don't want much to do with power play politics I want us to at least have a say when things do come crashing down"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:18 pm

"
With powerful allies comes powerful enemies. We can't afford powerful enemies. If we manage to ruin our potential enemy we could get our friend, but I got to watch my people, and if I seem partial and we come on the losing side we can seem like a liability, and I don't want us to be a liability."

Clutching his head he looks down: "
things used to be simple, but now it seems like no matter what I do it'll have a negative impact."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:30 pm

"
Yes, you are now a lording and heir, whatever you do will bring you enemies and allies, just, pick the least troublesome path, but here that means losing somenthing regardless. It's up to you to decide in the end"
a big smile "
Good luck"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:50 pm

"
There is just no winning is there? We got Coldbrooks, but apart from them there's no one we can really trust apart from ourselves. We need to be on top alert to make this work."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:57 pm

"
Wouldn't trust them either, if they were dumb enough to take that bastard under them"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:02 pm

"
He's useful, he's got the support of one of the mightiest men in the realm, they'd be fools not to take him. Hate him as much as you like, but if you don't see his skill too, this might not have a happy ending. You need to know his strengths and weaknesses before doing anything. I'd prefer if you left him untouched, but if you want to go at him I need for you to be winning."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:04 pm

"
Yes being related to the king pays, but next time we fight, I'm not getting tricked,"
he nods "
Never trust a Marsten fully"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:16 pm

"
A swift blow to the head is all it takes, no matter who's the more skillled luck is still involved, if you have to fight, at least do it on uneven terms, chivalry is for dead people."
Yoren smiles: "
Just because you don't like Baelon cannot make you dislike an entire family. Than there'd be no one to trust."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:25 pm

"
Because there isn't, that is just how things are at this stage. Friends are a commodity, allies a necessity, and enemies are free and come faster than the last two."

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:36 pm

"
What you're talking about is survival, but survival is not the issue, enjoyment is so much more important."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:42 pm

"
Well there is the joy of remaining alive, which rates a bit higher than the others. Then IF you were married other joys will come, but the fact remains that what I said is true"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:38 am

"
We'll see. I can see if I can talk to Haigh tomorrow, and we'll take it from there."

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:19 pm

"
We shall see, but let us rest for now and tomorrow we can continue, meet you here in the morning, but if this costs continue, I'll set a tent in the pavilions area, it is getting ridiculous"

[/scene?]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoren longshore Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:37 pm

[Scene].

Yoren longshore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2