Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D2:MM] Of Sers and Septrys (closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D2:MM] Of Sers and Septrys (closed) Empty [D2:MM] Of Sers and Septrys (closed)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:42 am

Baelon arrives at the Septry at Battle Valley late enough in the morning for the sun to be fully up, but early enough that the last remnants of the night's coolness still linger, not yet dissipated by the warmth of burning golden orb above.

Two days in a row? I'm getting to be a regular holy man. The very thought is tinged with a dry, sarcastic tone.

Approaching the monks, he asks around if any might know where Ser Kyle may have gone for his hermitage.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D2:MM] Of Sers and Septrys (closed) Empty Re: [D2:MM] Of Sers and Septrys (closed)

Post by Reader Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:27 pm

The monks seem wary, particularly of a Targaryen bastard given the House's infamously practical attitude to religion.

Most are genuinely unsure of Ser Kyle's location, the retired knight is notoriously reclusive.

Nevertheless, perhaps one or two may may some clues as to his location, if being specifically questioned on this matter.

[OOC: simple intrigue, persuasion TN ??. Uses up D2's rumour slot]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[D2:MM] Of Sers and Septrys (closed) Empty Re: [D2:MM] Of Sers and Septrys (closed)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:36 am

Baelon gently assuages the monk's fears that he means any ill will towards them or to Ser Kyle, and that rather he is seeking the hermit out of a desire to promote peace in the region.

[url=Of Sers and Septrys - Persuade(Charm) for Info on Ser Kyle's location][/url]: 6d6+2 20 2#1d6 1 6 ->
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:30 pm

Turpin, reassured by Lord Drakeson's return and professed commitment to peace, speaks up.

"
I trust you will not treat an honourable old knight unkindly Ser. I know not where his hermitage lies, that much is still true."

"
However, he keeps to a certain schedule, as dutiful in routine as he is in prayer. You'll doubtless find him on [Day 3] during [any morning slot] fishing. He was ever an early riser, and a varied diet was one of the few luxuries of his former station he seemed unable to leave behind. We all need our flaws, a bit of grit to make the pearly, no?"

"
Only the Seven that are one are perfect."

He waits a minute, then adds some final words of advice.

"
Your words ring out with commitment to peace Ser Baelon, so I will warn you to refer to him only as Kyle or brother monk. The honorific or his family name pained him at times, but this Septry is... was, a place of peace and spirituality, so I did not pry."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:48 am

Thank you, Brother Turpin. I thank you for placing your trust in me, and for the advice. I have no wish to cause Brother Kyle any distress."

Assuming he's as good a man as you paint him to be.

[/scene]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:55 am

A curious turn of events, for a bastard Targaryen raised to lordship to so assiduously pursue an attack on a sept - Targaryens were not known for their faith.

That said, the royal blood was known for its pragmatic opportunism in its devotions, Aegon the conqueror himself was anointed with holy oils in the ancient city of Oldtown. The dark times of Visery I's reign were full of strange opportunities.

[/scene]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down