Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 3: Mid Evening] Of Knights and Sers (Open-ish)

3 posters

Go down

[Day 3: Mid Evening] Of Knights and Sers (Open-ish) Empty [Day 3: Mid Evening] Of Knights and Sers (Open-ish)

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Wed May 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Although never tired of dancing and feasts or parties, Fendrel finally slows down and goes back to mingling with other noblemen, knights and ladies. It is there that he sees a familiar face - one that would be very difficult to forget, what with his Valyrian features, violet eyes and silver-white hair. "
Ser Baelon,"
he approaches the knight, "
it is a great pleasure to see you here. Odd how it is the second time that we meet at a feast, now isn't it?"
He jokes slightly.

[OOC: Conversation between Fendrel and Baelon is private, but the feast is, of course, open to anyone.]

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

[Day 3: Mid Evening] Of Knights and Sers (Open-ish) Empty Re: [Day 3: Mid Evening] Of Knights and Sers (Open-ish)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed May 06, 2015 10:57 pm

"
Ser Fendrel, so good to see you again! No, I don't find it odd at all, Ser Fendrel, we are both men who love the feast scene - friends new and old, good food, wine, beautiful women... what's not to love?
Besides, events like this are what draw people together from disparate lands. Can you imagine how dull life would be without a tournament or feast now and again? Hardly worth calling 'living', I think.
So tell me, how have you been in this last year-and-some?"
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[Day 3: Mid Evening] Of Knights and Sers (Open-ish) Empty Re: [Day 3: Mid Evening] Of Knights and Sers (Open-ish)

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Thu May 07, 2015 12:48 am

"
Of course, Ser Baelon, of course. That is also why we were greatly delighted to have you attend that ball... was it a year? Two years ago? By the gods, time flies fast."
Ser Fendrel smiles, "
What do you think of this feast so far?"

"
Surely such a life should not be called such. Vegetation, more likely. As for me... You know me, Ser Baelon, always trying to discover new ways to spread the joy,"
he winks at his ambiguous remark, "
as well as making sure that House Bartheld prospers and keeps to its hospitable roots."
This time he is slightly more serious. Slightly.

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu May 07, 2015 1:06 am

"
Just one year, I believe. I was headed out westward, to see the sunset on a sea with no land in sight but the cliff at my feet.
This feast is lovely, though a bit lacking in good red meat - too few hunters of skill in attendance, I suppose. I enjoy fish and poultry as much as the next man, but I had a hankering for venison. Most of that went to the royal table, though I believe the Beast of Bracken was taking his vengeance out on the pork."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Thu May 07, 2015 1:37 am

"
Tullys do love their fish, don't they? I wondery why."
Fendrel jests, "
I agree, my friend, there is nothing better than good fresh game. And this is why I am glad to be a Bartheld, because just as Tullys love their fish, we Barthelds sure love our boars."

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu May 07, 2015 2:49 am

Baelon laughs at Ser Fendrel's well turned jest.
"
Availability, no doubt. They are right here on the river. Still, boar are definitely more exciting prey than fish. To sit around and wait all day? I've never seen the appeal. Though I will be honest I prefer to confine my hunting to more... elegant... prey."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Thu May 07, 2015 8:28 am

"
Indeed, it seems too passive for my taste as well. No excitement of the chase."
Fendrel smirks and raises an eyebrow. "
And what prey is Ser Baelon hunting tonight?"

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu May 07, 2015 12:59 pm

"
Tonight my prey is the heart and perhaps even hand of a young lady... for once encouraged by a mother, not looked askance at!"

Well, that's certainly not true, but never with the mother's daughter as fair and sweet a lass as Corrine. I have been trapped, and willingly.

"
And you Ser Fendrel, what do you seek tonight?"

Intrigue - Initiative Step
Objective - Friendship
[url=Intrigue Initiative][/url]: 3d6 15
Disposition - Amiable (+1 Per, -0 Dec, 3 DR)
Intrigue Defense 8
Composure 9/9
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Thu May 07, 2015 2:29 pm

"
Heart and hand of a young lady... sounds like a noble goal, Ser Baelon. But is it really...?"
Ser Fendrel smirks, trying to work out whether the Valyrian-blooded man was telling him the truth. From what little he had heard about him, it seemed that he had quite a reputation with women... "
And who could that be, your lady?"
He asked. "
Myself? Ah, I'm just... enjoying the festivities."
He wasn't technically lying, but he didn't plan on disclosing everything currently on his mind. "
Song, wine, dance. Glances at a certain beautiful lady perhaps."
He smiles mischievously.

[url=Status (Initiative)][/url]: 4d6 17

Initiative: 17
Objective: Friendship
Disposition: Indifferent, DR4
Defence: 10
Composure: 12

Action: [url=Deception (Charm)][/url]: 6d6k4+5 24
Result: 4 x 4 DoS = 16 - 3 = 13

Yield offer: Fendrel's disposition improves to Amiable, Baelon's disposition improves to Affectionate (Fendrel's Magnetic)

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu May 07, 2015 3:36 pm

"
In this case, Ser, the intentions truly are noble. This one might actually be able to get me to change my ways..."

OOC:
Yield declined. Affectionate is just too much.
Counter-offer: Both move to friendly.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Thu May 07, 2015 7:02 pm

"
I believe you,"
he says, "
so who is this lady who might yet change Ser Baelon's ways and direct him to marital faithfulness?"

Counter-offer declined.

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu May 07, 2015 7:19 pm

Intrigue - Exchange 1
Objective - Friendship
[url=Intrigue Initiative][/url]: 3d6 15
Disposition - Amiable (+1 Per, -0 Dec, 3 DR)
Intrigue Defense: 8
Composure: 2/9
Frustration: 2

Yield offer: Fendrel and Baelon both go to Friendly;
Fendrel gets +1D on persuasion/deception tests against Baelon in their next intrigue;
Baelon will assist Fendrel on a future intrigue to convince someone to back him/consider his candidacy.

OOC:
Took two points of frustration to lower the influence to 7.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Thu May 07, 2015 7:21 pm

[Yield offer accepted.]

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu May 07, 2015 7:42 pm

"
The beautiful and graceful Lady Corrine Marsten. Ambitious of me, I suppose, but I... am hopeful."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Thu May 07, 2015 7:49 pm

"
Lady Corrine?"
Fendrel seems surprised, but he quickly recovers and smiles, "
Now that is an ambitious endeavor. I cannot imagine that Lady Marsten is pleased with your intent? What is your plan then, Ser Baelon?"

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu May 07, 2015 8:03 pm

"
Much to my surprise, it was actually Lady Isobel's idea - though I think she was may have just trying to stock her fish-pond of suitors.
My plan is to woo the Lady Corrine, and to do my best to be in the good graces of both ladies."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by  Thu May 07, 2015 9:17 pm

After his meeting with Lady Isobel, Edmund does indeed decide to clean up before attending the feast. As keen as he is to find Gwyn and Dyana, it simply wouldn't do to about such a tourney looking like he just rode in.

As he enters the great hall, he is refreshed and dressed in clothes befitting a noble. He is all in black, wearing a long cut doublet with a dark green embroidery. As he looks about the hall, he takes in the many faces present.

[url=Scopin' the feast][/url]: 4d6+4 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sun May 10, 2015 2:19 pm

Ser Fendrel doesn't hide his surprise, "
It was Lady Isobel's idea? Now that is surprising! I did hear that she does her best to find the most suitable suitor for lady Corrine, so there's that..."
He stops before saying something that etiquette would deem unsuitable: Ser Baelon would probably make a good candidate on the grounds that he was a bastard and he would be free to take on the Marsten's name. "
I bid you good luck in your endeavor, my friend. I would offer my help, but I am quite sure that there is no need for my intervention."

[OOC: If Edmund wants to join in Fendrel and Baelon's conversation, he can, but since Fendrel doesn't know Edmund, it'd probably be up to Baelon to notice him and introduce the two.]

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun May 10, 2015 3:57 pm

"
Indeed, our dance before was... quite promising. There is another matter that I would like to discuss with you, but I for one would prefer not to discuss business in this venue... perhaps we can meet again tomorrow?"

Ser Fendrel Bartheld wrote:[OOC: If Edmund wants to join in Fendrel and Baelon's conversation, he can, but since Fendrel doesn't know Edmund, it'd probably be up to Baelon to notice him and introduce the two.]
OOC: well, the rub is that Edmund and Baelon haven't met yet either! I suppose he could simply overheard us talking about Lady Isobel, though - that would probably get his attention. On the other hand, given that we are firmly into Day 4 territory, perhaps it would be best to just end the scene and pick up the introduction in our Day 4 meeting.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sun May 10, 2015 4:02 pm

OOC: Generally agreed, unless you want to use this opportunity to meet each other (maybe he spots the Lyras crest/colors) and do some light RP?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sun May 10, 2015 4:06 pm

"
Let us arrange to meet tomorrow then,"
Fendrel nods, "
to discuss... business,"
he smirks, "
matters of great importance to our houses, I take it?"

Baelon wrote:OOC: well, the rub is that Edmund and Baelon haven't met yet either! I suppose he could simply overheard us talking about Lady Isobel, though - that would probably get his attention. On the other hand, given that we are firmly into Day 4 territory, perhaps it would be best to just end the scene and pick up the introduction in our Day 4 meeting.

[OOC: Sorry, I didn't realise! Maybe that's for the better, agreed.]

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun May 10, 2015 4:19 pm

"
Is there any other kind worth talking about? I will see you tomorrow, then - say mid morning at the tourney field? I like to get a feel for a place before I do battle there."

OOC: Edmund, I think it would be better to arrange another meeting - I'll put something in our scheduling thread.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sun May 10, 2015 4:23 pm

OOC: Sounds good

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Fendrel Bartheld Sun May 10, 2015 4:29 pm

"
I can think of a several reasons for men like us to talk,"
Fendrel laughs, "
but yes, that sounds suitable. Till I see you then, Ser Baelon."

[OOC: /scene?]

Ser Fendrel Bartheld

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sun May 10, 2015 5:20 pm

/scene
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down