Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D2 EE]Snips, Snails and Hunting Tales[Closed]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[D2 EE]Snips, Snails and Hunting Tales[Closed] Empty [D2 EE]Snips, Snails and Hunting Tales[Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:10 pm

It had seemed as if though Theomore had the luxury of space since everyone else was out hunting, giving him the time to get better acquainted with the serving girl, and find out what vintages the green door had on offer, somehow the the thing he came for lead to the one he would mention first if he were inclined to talk about it. Good thing all these tourneys provided a steady income, drawing on Tullison coffers to live an exorbitant life would not be his way, exploiting others? Sure.

But back to the matter at hand, he had promised some of the establishment's finest, and that promise he would keep good on.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

[D2 EE]Snips, Snails and Hunting Tales[Closed] Empty Re: [D2 EE]Snips, Snails and Hunting Tales[Closed]

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:52 am

(OOC-I went with a generic term of success as I'm not sure when the outcome of the hunt will be final.)
Luecian enters the inn with the swagger that only a young man can exude so carelessly and carry so weightlessly. Fresh off his success in Lord Bracken's hunt, the young man is riding a high of noble congratulations and attention, one he's determined to continue riding through the wee hours of the night. Any in attendance at the hunt would notice he has changed prior to entering the inn for his evening pleasure and now wears what would be fair to assume is his finest garb including a dark green doublet and a flowing shadowskin fur-lined cloak. But for the scars adorning his face, one could almost think he was a courtier tonight.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D2 EE]Snips, Snails and Hunting Tales[Closed] Empty Re: [D2 EE]Snips, Snails and Hunting Tales[Closed]

Post by Theomore Tullison Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:15 pm

ooc: Eh, if someone manages to push past that roll, rather doubt it, we can always pretend that the roleplay went differently.

"
Master Luecian"
Theomore offers. "
The innkeep does have a good selection of arbor red, though with those rumors I am hearing, I wonder if our host cannot provide the proper celebratory vintage."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:13 am

"
Ser I be right certain you're own taste and judgement be far better than me own simple swallows. No doubt I'll down whatever m'lord finds to his own liking. I've been called many things I'm certain, but picky ain't one of em."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:24 am

"
It does have it's advantages to be more capable than most other knights at the joust."
And more "
lucky"
with the draws, that too. "
A steady stream of coin for personal expenditure, a heavy purse makes most simple pleasures in life available to you."

"
But I suppose that if one is not accustomed to wines from the arbor, it might not matter that it is not from one of the best years."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:36 am

Luecian nods to the knight's words. "
Surely thats true Ser, a good amount of coin never hinders a good time! Reckon all the years would seem like fine ones to me own lips. Again I be at your judgement m'lord. Me thirst will be quenched no matter the year or bottle."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:27 pm

"
Well, you should at least savor the taste first."
Theomore remarks. "
But you promised me a story."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:33 pm

Luecian takes a small sip of the wine Ser Theo ordered, before responding. "
Reckon I did Ser. I got a few different ones from the past, but I'm thinking you'd prefer to be the first to hear what went down at Lord Bracken's hunt as yourself was busy elsewhere."
He takes another larger gulp and gives the knight a smile. "
It was a surprising turn of events m'lord, almost hard to believe it was real but danged if it wasn't."

"
Well there I was off hunting for the third time this afternoon, this time with me sole focus on the shadowcat Lord Bracken had spoken of. I spot some tracks of em by an isolated stream bed but something bout the tracks seemed off. Looking at em, it became clear to a hunter as trained as meself that mayhaps we had more than one beast around. So I followed them tracks hidden and quiet like, until I finally spotted some dark movement ahead and to me right which me eyes recognized as one of the beasts.

Not a few moments later, the shadowcat stalked and pounced on a young fawn. The fawn stood no chance and was butchered by the beast, but just at the next moment like some angry retribution an arrow flies out striking the predator. A few moments later a second arrow comes flying in and this time I'm able to follow its origin to spot the other hunter, a slight hooded figure holding a fancy wierwood bow. At this moment don't ya be doubtin I'm feeling more than a mite down on losing me quarry to this other hunter but as the tracks I found still bothered me I stayed hidden.

Sitting there I watched the hunter approach the dead shadowcat feeling proud as any can be and start to remove the beasts claws for trophies I be thinkin. During this the hunter's hood fall's down to reveal a woman's face to me own shock, and even further one I knew! Twas Lady Corrine Marsten Ser, danged if it wasn't! Well after a few moments of collecting her trophies I notice some sounds and movement, alertin me to something but nothing me eyes can quite spot yet.

Next thing ya know another shadowcat is running and flying through the air in a mightly leap at Lady Corrine. Me reflexes kicked in and I pull me bow up and draw an arrow fast as I could trusting me instincts as I barely had a chance to properly aim. The arrow manages to strike the big cat and change the angle of its leap and landing just enough make it much more a glancing blow on the Lady. Rememberin me own melee at the hands of a shadowcat ambush, I rushed to pull another arrow out and loose it at the beast. This time I used me noted aim and the arrow struck the beast solid in its chest, striking the heart true don't ya be doubtin. The beast took a few steps collapsing right on top of the Lady, covering her near complete.

I rushed up calling if the lady was allright and did me best to help her up and calm her as she appeared shaken a bit as might be expected. Amazingly lucky tho Ser, as she was mainly unharmed other than a few minor scratches here and there."
Holding up his hand to run it across the right side of his scarred face, he continues. "
Nothing on her like these dashing marks me own shadowcat friend gave me last year. Lucky lady indeed."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:05 pm

"
So not only a great hunter, but now a great hero also!"
Theomore exclaims with false excitement, offering a toast foolish little girl, what if Luecian wasn't there? What if your shot wasn't so lucky? It does not sound like our marksman could have taken both out in time.

"
And that is your second shadowcat, too?"
Well, he can't help but be impressed by that. Filling up Luecian's cup whenever it is empty, he himself being conservative as usual with the drink. His lord nephew always insisting on doing things early in the morning, Theomore didn't quite know how he did that, but that excuse was not merely a pretext for keeping a clear head in the late hours, he needed that also, but a headache when they were going to Blackbuckle was best to be avoided.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:45 pm

Eagerly accepting a refilled cup, Luecian takes another drink. "
Well no doubt Hero's an unlikely title for me humble self Ser, but I'll not dispute any who wish to throw it around"
He makes an attempt to keep his face straight during his words but he can't help but end in a half smile. He turns in his seat to better show his cloak off to his companion. "
Aye, I had me a surprise tangle with one afterwards a boar hunt once. Tried to steal my kill while I was taking a piss, had to try finishing up quick, pull up me trousers and find a spear of a different sort to defend meself with. This cloak itself be one of the tokens from that day, me scars being the other. Sold most the pelt to earn some coin, but kept enough to line the top of a cloak for meself."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:36 pm

"
Well, I always thought that the most dangerous of non-scaled predators would be man"
Theomore admires the cloak, now that would be something to have. "
But I have sent a great deal more than two of them to see the stranger, and I am still pretty. So might be I am mistaken?"

Well, out in the wilds, few men would be the equal of a shadowcat, but to men that stayed where men had business being,they were hardly much trouble. Perhaps mostly because the shadowcats did not take the bother. Better with prey who would rather run than fight back, no?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:58 pm

Luecian takes another sip and shrugs his shoulders at the knight's words. "
Man or Cat both be dangerous prey m'lord and perhaps more or less dangerous depending on the terrain and circumstances. I'd take the average cat versus the average man but no doubtin yourself be far above the average, why I meself seen you unhorse a knight of the kingsuard no less! That said, surely some men be more dangerous as the cat tends to act as expected, men be a mite more unpredictable."
Taking another sip, he adds an extra bit of truth perhaps aided by the alcohol's effects. "
Truth be told, I take me scars as a lesson. The wilds have a way of making one pay for overconfidence m'lord, I took me lesson that day and walked away. Not everyone has always been so lucky..."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:35 pm

"
That was mostly luck on my part, too."
Theomore waves away the comment on Richard Thorne, some of that luck he made for himself, though. "
I imagine that I'll be handily unhorsed myself in the next ten tilts against a man of the kingsguard to balance the scales of fortune."
Good thing that most tourney masters seemed susceptible to not match him up with those before well into the tournament.

"
One need not win a tourney to make a profit, one man will cover your ransom, two men will cover that plus your travel expenses and then some, number three and four provides insurance for the time when you face Ser Derrock in the first round rather than the fifth. And I am skilled enough to reliably get to the fourth round, interestingly enough, the only other time I reached the final eight before Riverrun was in considerably less grand company."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:18 pm

(I have a feeling this is a statement rarely said of Ser Theomore...)

Raising his glass in tribute, Luecian acknowledges the knights words. "
M'lord is as honest and humble as he is generous. No doubtin Ser be the model of nobility that broke the mold as they say."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:51 pm

"
And you are most too kind my friend."
Theomore shows his gratitude. "
I dare say I have only actually saved the life of one, and there were seven of us to share that credit, you however, have kept two souls from the stranger's embrace for at least awhile longer, and in no more than two days."
And to save that one life, or a seventh of it to be precise, Theomore took four. All coming at him though. Well, the stranger must surely have more influence over the world than his peers. "
If I ever find myself in need of saving, I hope fortune brings you within shooting range."
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:21 am

Luecian takes another gulp of the ever so delicious and generous wine. "
Good Ser, I be doubtin that scenario would take place as I know you be more than capable yer own self. But if it did ye'd find an arrow on me bow and soon a few in yer attackers. And mayhaps after we share another bottle of this wine. We both know fightin can be thirsty work and this wine does more than it's share to quench it."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:46 am

"
Well, we have both earned it."
Theomore declares. "
The hero of the Brackenwood and the one who pays for everything. I unhorsed a few knights to afford it, after all!"

"
To us is as good pretext as any for a toast."
Who says one can't enjoy company for the sake of company?
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:09 am

Luecian raises his glass in toast, holding it aloft for a moment before taking another gulp."
To Us! And to skills well used and wine well drunk!"
Luecian seems pleasantly surprised by the knight's attention and demeanor. All in all the evening's been more pleasant than meself expected. Good Wine, Good Words. This knight be a good fellow to drink with I do be believin.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:09 am

"
So, maybe I should start a gambling racket?"
Theomore wonders for a brief moment if that might actually work. "
Who will our hero save next?"

"
But you did not come here to be a hero, did you?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:17 am

Luecian laughs in turn at Ser Theomore's jest. "
Indeed good Ser, if ye let me place a bet me ownself mayhaps I could afford another bottle of this wine on the morrow. And nay, I came at me Lord Dulver's request and him be sending us all at the Crown's request. To help be solving this tangle of vines to me Lord Dulver and of course the crown's satisfaction."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:36 am

"
I don't think I would let you place that bet, sounds bad for business."
Well, he did have more pressing matters to attend, anyway.

"
Lord Dulver, I can't say I have the pleasure of having met him."
And more's a pity, well there were always a chance to remedy such a thing, no? "
Though from what I hear, he is rather picky about who he chooses to entrust to solving tangles of vines, have you done anything of this sort before?"
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:43 am

"
Well can't rightly say I done this exact sort of thing before , this surely being me first royal investigation. Lord Dulver told me to make meself useful here again like I done in the recent past."
Well word for word he said I doubt you'll be much use but you've surprised me before perhaps you will do it again....but I doubt it. But well its pretty much the same thing.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:22 am

"
There's not been much opportunity to partake in one."
Theomore mulls. "
Even less so here in the Riverlands, Lord Tully have sorted out such squabbles in the past, Blackwood and Bracken, you can expect the feud to blow up in your face, and so Riverrun has usually remained vigilant."
But then again, that was the previous Lord Tully, the present one was not even half so formidable it might seem. And that wife of his more interested in getting her hooks into other lords to be pulled over to the Queen's side. "
I did play a small part in something similar down in the Reach some time ago though, it's not so different from navigating a lord's court, really.."
Emphasis on small, Theomore was there, he did not do much investigation. More like drinking with second sons that came along in the hope that there might be a chance for a duel to prove themselves or some other nonsense, loosing most of their coin playing dice with Theomore was their most noteworthy contribution there.
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:33 am

"
Surely it's reassuring to have someone here experienced at such matters like yeself Ser. No doubts you be full of all manner of clever ideas, great wisdoms and helpful advices."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Theomore Tullison Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:44 pm

"
Well, those are tall expectations"
Theomore protests light-heartedly. "
But everyone does need something to reach for, or else the fruits of their labor will only be the low hanging sort. And those are not as sweet."

"
But I suppose that you have your bow and knack for saving the day, I have my wisdom, cleverness and helpful advises. "
Theomore Tullison
Theomore Tullison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next