Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D2 LM] A Borderlands Brunch (closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D2 LM] A Borderlands Brunch (closed) Empty [D2 LM] A Borderlands Brunch (closed)

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:22 pm

Running a few quick errands after their return, Luecian and Ser Kevan had agreed to meet at the Green Door Inn shortly for a meal before both prepared for the afternoon hunt. Entering the inn it seemed rather quiet and empty at this time, at least compared to how Luecian preferred it. Grabbing a table, he flags the serving girl over and orders a couple tankards of ale fully expecting Ser Kevan to soon arrive. And well if he doesn't more for me.Though the septon did caution me on drinking too much before the hunt this time, but meh a couple won't hurt.
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D2 LM] A Borderlands Brunch (closed) Empty Re: [D2 LM] A Borderlands Brunch (closed)

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:48 am

Kevan came down from his room only moments later, where he had got rid of his investigato's coat and changed into an unremarkable tabard with his personal coat-of-arms on the chest. He stepped to the table and sat down opposite of the archer."
You ordered ale? Just to my liking!"

[Let's start with the mechanics as well, as it is already Thursday]

Intrigue
Goal: Service / Help during one timeslot in story 2
[url=Initiative (Luecian)][/url]: 4d6+2 21
ID: 10
Composure: 9
Indifferent DR4

Last edited by 157 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D2 LM] A Borderlands Brunch (closed) Empty Re: [D2 LM] A Borderlands Brunch (closed)

Post by Luecian LongBow Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:04 pm

(Sounds like a plan)

"
Of course figured ye had a powerful thirst after all our riding and investigating. I know me ownself surely did."

Initiative-Impossible for me to beat that so its all you
Objective: Friendship of sorts
Intrigue Defense: 8
Disposition: Indifferent DR 4
Composure 9
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:10 pm

"
Good thinking!"

Kevan took one of the tankards and raised it to Luecian. He took a deep gulp and wiped the froth from his mustache.
"
Ah, tastes very well. So, the way understood you during our ride, you are a hunter and archer and judging from your story a quite talented one as well. But you also more a retainer to House Dulver rather than a regular man-at-arms? Are you conducting your investigations more or less independently or does your Lord assign you to certain tasks?"

Intrigue
[url=Convince (Luecian)][/url]: 5d6k4+2 20 ->
3DoS*3= 9 Damage to Composure
Edit: Obviously only 5, as DR has to be subtracted

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:08 am

Luecian considers the knight's question for a moment. "
Can't be denyin, I'm indeed a retainer of House Dulver. Me primary duties revolve around being a house huntsman and such. Been proved to me betters that I can be very useful working on me own though and for the Dulver's gain. I been a knowin' Ser Walton from when we be boys, so for the most part Lord Dulver said to make meself useful and that be me goal. Reckon if Ser needs me in a place, I'll be there no doubtin. But for the most part I'm left to do what me own head thinks is best. Anyway, I be thinking Ser knows that I'm a horse that tends to respond best to a light rein."
He smiles at the knight as he continues."
Surely Lord Marsten trusts a great and noble knight like yeself to do as his own head and heart leads?"

Read Target-[url=Read Target-Ser Kevan][/url]: 4d6k3 13

Composure 4/9
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:42 am

"
Yes Lord and Lady Marsten trust me that my actions are guided by what's best for House Marsten and its vassels. As a household knight and son to one of their bannermen I always enjoyed a bit of freedom in the way I pursued my tasks, but since the Tourney at Riverrun, when Ben... Lord Marsten married into the house and I was named keeper of the gates, things changed even more."

Thinking back to the past under the rule of Lady Isobel he added: "
and for the better"

"
As it seems your skills are a nice complement to my own, a skilled trapper and deadly with the bow. If I were to ask you to join me on an investogation or interrogating a suspect or even use that lethal bpw of yours on some bandits, how'd you response to that?"

Intrigue
Read target is successful.
[url=Convince (Luecian)][/url]: 5d6k4+2 17: 2DoS= 6-4 = 2

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:10 pm

(Apologies its early and I screwed up the rolling there. Rolled Marked reroll separate and then remembered the read target extra die.)

"
Reckon House Marsten and House Dulver be here for the same reasons, mainly as agents of the king's peace. If you had good reasons on why me help would be useful and it didn't include any actions that went directly against House Dulver, might be I'd be willing to help. It's not everyday a knight as well known and established as yeself be asking for this humble hunter's help."
But thinking on his conversation with Ser Theomore the previous night, perhaps it will soon be a more common occurrence.

Influence-[url=Charm Influence-Ser Kevan][/url]: 4d6k3 10 *adjusted score(3,2,2,3)=10 1 DoS 3 Influence - 4 DR= 0
[url=Marked Reroll][/url]: 1d6 3
[url=Read Target 1d6 extra die][/url]: 1d6 3

Composure 2/9
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:14 pm

Kevan waved the hunter's concerns off with an appeasing hand gesture.

"
No, don't worry Master Luecian, I wouldn't ask you for something that went against you house. You are no doubt aware that the political coloring of our Houses are not exactly the same, but what I am asking is your support in a situation, where your skills can be an asset in uncovering some of the persons responsible for this mess we are in... or where you could protect my personal safety, while I try to deal with some of these culprits..."

I was surprised by men at arms twice this week, that is enough for me

Intrigue
(So what is the final effect of your roll, after adjustments?)
[url=Convince (Luecian)][/url]: 5d6k4+2 19 = 9-4 = 5

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:10 pm

(It ended with 1 DoS(3 Influence) which didn't make it past the 4 DR, so zero net effect to your composure. Essentially the same on this roll too.)

"
That be soundin fair and as the king tasked both our houses with these matters, can't see to me own simple head that it'd be a conflict. Surely I't be an honor to assist if the need arisen and you felt meself would be helpful. I believe tomorrow Ser Walton may have a task for me but I could possibly be of assistance another day if you felt the need."

Influence-[url=Charm-Ser Keven- -2D penalty for frusteration][/url]: 5d6k2 10 1 DoS, 3 Influence - DR 4 =0 net effect to Ser Kevan's Composure
Marked Reroll-[url=Marked Reroll][/url]: 1d6 6 no change to score.

* Taking 2 frustration points to negate up the 5 influence from the last exchange
Yield Offer: Convince objective successful but availability starting on Day 4
Composure 2/9
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:03 am

"
I am sure, we can find a solution, where you can serve your Liege Lord as he requests, while still finding time for our arrangement!"

Counter-Yield Offer: Convince objective successful but availability for investigation scenes start on Day 4, while available for other scenes on day 3 (Hint: The trap for the assassin's spy)

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:48 pm

(Sent you a PM to get more info if you knew yet on the timeslot but I would be excited to be participate in the trap!)
"
Surely good Ser, if me time be open from Ser Walton's requests I would be finding it an honor to be of a small help to m'lord."

Counter-Yield Offer Accepted: Convince objective successful but availability for investigation scenes start on Day 4, while available for other scenes on day 3 (Hint: The trap for the assassin's spy)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down