Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 3 LM-MA iron mines the Dulver Delegation

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Day 3 LM-MA iron mines the Dulver Delegation Empty Day 3 LM-MA iron mines the Dulver Delegation

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Septon Arlyn sat munching on some toasted bread and jam after speaking with Athelstan, pondering the ironborn's desire to convert to the seven. He had already helped the Luecian and Ser Garred discover there information from the mines and was deeply disturbed by the fact that wildfire was found near the mines.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Day 3 LM-MA iron mines the Dulver Delegation Empty Re: Day 3 LM-MA iron mines the Dulver Delegation

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:46 pm

"
-"
Earth Yields"
."
-Said a deep voice echoing in the tunnels. In the dark, the intimidating face of Red Raynald was conjured as he walked towards the light of the Septon. "
-Never liked those words. Don't make much sense to me."
-Raynald had a thick body, looking even stronger when under his armor. It was a mail made of iron coins, heavy and strong, and clearly wasn't westerosi. It was typical of men who fought in the Stepstones against the Three Daughters. "
-These rocks are filled with riches? Yes they are. But they are not available unless when pierced, smashed and molded by the hands of men. It was not the earth, it was the work. Heh."
-He looked around, as if admiring this place he haven't seen for years and years.

"
-It always struck to me as funny how nonetheless men revered the tools of their work, the hammer for the Smith, the sword for the Warrior and the scales for the Father, instead of their very own hands."
-The knight pulled a small stool for him to seat next to the priest, looking at him with those mad eyes, always changing between sweetness and despite. Arlyn could see other forms moving in the darkness behind the burly Dulver. His men, he thought. His assassins. "
-Certainly the gods must find our ignorance quite entertaining, don't you agree priest? We are indeed small, fragile creatures."

OOC: Initiative for Intrigue!
OBJECTIVE: FRIENDSHIP
[url=Status roll for Initiative against Septon Arlyn][/url]: 3d6 12
PS: Raynald brought his men as an intimidating factor to benefit him. He hopes their mere presence will make the priest more restless (and so vulnerable) in the intrigue.

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Day 3 LM-MA iron mines the Dulver Delegation Empty Re: Day 3 LM-MA iron mines the Dulver Delegation

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:11 pm

[url=initiative Vs Ser Rayanld iron mines day 3][/url]: 3d6 9

Technique Bargain
damage 3 per DOS
ID 9
composure 12/12
Frustrations 0/4

[url=will test vs the intimidation factor in the iron mines day 3][/url]: 4d6 14

"
Raynald,"
replies Septon Arlyn coolly. "
I see you have not lost your flare for the dramatic. I'm glad you could join us today, even if it might be short."

"
Aye we are, at any time we can be called home by the stranger or guided by the crone. I wonder whom it is that you serve."
stated Septon Arlyn. "
The stranger is clearly the stronger presence here, although the father is the one who makes the ultimate judgment for our actions, I hope your soul is as prepared as mine."

[OOC you get to strike first but I was able to resist the intimidation by your carde]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:31 pm

Raynald smiled mischievously noticing how the priest was not moved by the presence of his men. "
-My soul, heh? Good. I'm glad you asked that."
-He leaned towards his men. "
-Leave us."
-The large man looked over the food the priest was eating while waited patiently for his men to vanish in the tunnels. Then he whispered with care for only the septon to hear. [color=red]-I'm not speaking of instruments of men and gods for nothing, priest."
-His breath was warm, smelled of sour wine, and he himself had the odor of sweat and horse all over him. "
-I was helpless, yes. A lost sheep, you may call. A black one. Or a red. But I have found purpose, Arlyn."
-He licked his lips hidden inside the massive beard, his face was dead serious. "
-What if I told you that I saw my own death? The gods have shown it to me. I will die, priest. Soon."

The Madman inclined himself back to his initial position, looking around to be sure that they were truly alone. "
-My judgement may happen before even you could hope for. So don't fear me priest, for I wish you no ill. Quite the contrary. I wish your divine help. I believe you are the only one that may believe my fate."

Technique Charm
damage 5 per DOS
ID 9
composure 9/9
Frustrations 0/3
Disposition AMIABLE (DR 3, Persuasion +1)

Charm roll (+1 Persuasion by Disposition): [url=Persuasion (Charm) against Septon Arlyn][/url]: 5d6 13 = 14

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:59 pm

"
You think you have seen your death? I've heard of prophetic visions like this before. So you are not here to cause undo harm to the small folk?"
Asks Septon Arlyn seriously.

Technique Bargain
damage 3 per DOS
ID 9
composure 7/12
Frustrations 0/4
Dr: dislike (5 Dr, -2 persuasion, + 2 authoritative)
[url=Iron mine day 3 bargain vs Ser Raynald][/url]: 6d6k5 22
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:20 pm

Raynald was taken aback by the septon's reaction. He was genuinely surprised that the fat man would bring the smallfolk to this personal matter. "
-The small folk?"
-He shrugged. "
-I couldn't care less about them. And I don't think priest. I know what I saw. What worries me is my brothers. They won't believe I'm here to help."
-He paused for a moment, tacking the priest's shoulder with his heavy hand. Surprisingly it was not threatening, but reassuring. "
-That I am here to die for my House. That I am here to fill my purpose, my end."
-His eyes were staring through Arlyn's face. It was a fanatical stare, that seemingly grasped the very soul of the priest. "
-That's why I need you to believe me, Arlyn."

Technique Charm
damage 5 per DOS
ID 9
composure 3/9
Frustrations 0/3

Charm roll (+1 Persuasion by Disposition already counted): [url=Persuasion (Charm) against Septon Arlyn][/url]: 5d6+1 19

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Objective: don't kill any innocent small folk and I will not interfere with you staying at the stony hearth.

Technique Bargain
damage 3 per DOS
ID 9
composure 1/12
Frustrations 1/4
Dr: dislike (5 Dr, -2 persuasion, + 2 authoritative)

[You got 3 dos on me dealing 15 damage. - 5 from DR = 10, I take 1 frustration - 4 so you delt 6 damage to my composure leaving me at 1.]

Septon Arlyn was shocked at the ferverence of Ser Raynald's words. maybe this is not the same madman from all those years ago. But I still need assurance's that he will not harm those under my care. "
Your words ring true on all accounts, Ser Raynald. But last time we saw each other I was advocating for you to leave so you would not be bringing any more trouble to house Dulver's lands."
or any more dead small folk "
but it seems you are a changed man, but your adittude towards the small folk is exactly what I am concerned about. I will be willing to not speak against your staying in House Dulver's lands if you can promise not to harm any of the small folk under my care."
It went without saying that they should surely not end up dead. "
I am willing to give you another chance Ser. For the seven offer me forgiveness for my sins so why should I not forgive yours."

[url=Bargain round two tent near the mines kings justice day 3][/url]: 6d6k4 19
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:09 pm

[OOC: You had 3 DoS, x3 Base Damage = 9. -3 from my DR = 6. I'll take two frustrations and won't suffer additional damage on my composture]

Raynald the Red showed the bruises of his fight with the Woodsman. "
-Look at me. What do you see, priest? What could be the purpose of a hammer that can't build? What good could come from a sword without it's blade? Or a harp without strings? I am what I am. I am a killer. If the gods have a purpose for me, it certainly involves killing. Certainly it is not singing."
-He chuckled. "
-But I won't kill the peasants, if that's so important for you priest."

Deception 4(Act 2B)(-2D from 2 Frustrations)
[url=Deception roll (Act) against Septon Arlyn][/url]: 2d6k2+2 11

Technique Charm
damage 5 per DOS
ID 9
composure 3/9
Frustrations 2/3

Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:49 pm

[url=Additional dice to deception (+1 d+1b)][/url]: 2d6 9

Remember the - d from dice you lose from frustration you get to roll you get to roll but it effects how many dice you get to keep. From a few other rolls I've seen you have 4 deception, so I rolled the other two for you. Also it is generally better to take as much damage as you can to your composure or health as those are less permanent.

Also just for timey wimey issues this would be taking place before your fight with the woodmen to prevent any injury negatives from making things complicated.

We will hand wave it as this is a friendly test of b the system but if your going to be intriguing other players just make sure they are ok with you ingoring injuries and what not ( they are usually pretty ok with it. But there are a few sticklers.)

So that brings your total up to 11+2 (I didn't realize that you where only at 3 composure so that's why you took the frustrations. However being amniable I think makes deception have a negitive to it, but again, I will hand wave it because I like theknightSo that gives you 2 dos * 5? Damage per dos = 10 -5 Dr = 5 damage, I have to take 2 frustration to -8 =0 damage to my composure

Septon Arlyn takes a long hard look at the Ernest appearing knight clearly swayed by his words and demeanor. "
I will tell you what, you truely seem like a changed man, I will not speak against you as I feel you have learned from your experiences. You can truely be a great asset to House Dulver and I'm afraid we might have need of strong men in the coming days."

here is my yield offer, I raise my disposition to indifferent, do not speak against you staying at house Dulver. In return you promise not to kill any small folk on house dulver's lands. Now you can recant on your promises but if you do Septon Arlyn will not take too kindly to it. But as you have saved his life before he is willing to give you a second chance (or how ever many chances he has given you +1 :;
): ) now you could accept the yield, or reject it and try to defeat me with one of your other techniques but if you reject then I would have the option to withdraw into a stand still. But I have - 4 to any attempt's to influence you so I can not actually defeat you as the highest I can get is an 8
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:09 am

[OOC: Yes, soon as I took 1 fatigue point I spoke to Reader about how injuries would work over time. He told me to consider that my fatigue was restored and thanks to milk of the poppy I would have only a -1 penalty (half the original amount). I took this in consideration as I rolled the next actions against you. This last roll of my had +2 only thanks to +3 bonus from Treacherous. Anyway, I accept your terms.]

The red knight smiles, his missing tooth marking a black spot in the middle of his red-and-grey beard. "
-I ask nothing more than a chance to prove my valor, Septon. If it is so important to you, then of course I won't raise my sword against our people."
-He raised from the small stoll, taking his helmet with him. He prepared to leave, but first glanced towards the priest one last time. "
-I never claimed to be a good man, Arlyn. Never. But I'm not the sinner you should worry about. I am a Dulver. And that means my work yields too. Wicked as it is, it may be very well what this House needs to survive the storm that is coming."

Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:30 am

Septon Arlyn feels goose flesh crawling across his skin at the old knights prophetic words. is he the dragon that consumed me in my dream, or is he the one that will prevent it from coming to pass. "
that may well be Ser Raynald. However, as much as your presence here concerns me, I am glad to see you again."

/scene end of intrigue. We can continue on if others wish to join in the planning session
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:31 pm

"
Ser Raynald, let me see those wounds of yours. You might be doomed to die but for some reason I doubt that the gods would be pleased if you found the strangers embrace from a cut from an axe."
He reaches for the his Maester's kit before pausing. "
Tell me, do you want a pretty scar, or to get back to the action quickly?"
Septon Arlyn asks
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:19 am

Raynald had a deep cut in his nose and his left hand was injuried by pieces of wood from his broken shield. He certainly would not have the Septon meddling with his face, but he needs his hand in good form. "
-Do what you must."
-He said showing his flesh wound in his palm. "
-You won't eat that, will ya?"
-He quickly took a piece of meat over the small table and shoved it down his mouth right before taking a tankard of ale too.

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:24 am

Septon Arlyn pulled a sealed ointment from his kit. "
This is going to burn a bit."
Says Septon Arlyn. "
It's common name is fire wine. But if you drink it you will mostly feel like dying. And here is a bit of milk of the poppy to help dull the pain."
Septon Arlyn grabs a small blade that he ran through the fire. "
Metal must be sanctified by the fire before it touches an open skin on a man's body. This helps prevent the evil of the blade from causing a man's skin to putrify"

Septon Arlyn set to work healing Ser Raynald's injuries
(Also, reader, the use of firemilk says it adds +1D to healing and endurance tests yet later states that it only adds to endurance rolls. Do you think that it would be logical to add that if used as part of a healing test it would add to the healing roll as well?)

[url=Fire wine day 3 healing test Ser Raynald][/url]: 1d6 4

http://orokos.com/roll/343242]Healing test Ser Raynald day 3[/url]: 5d6k4 13

(So either 13 or 17 depending on the readers ruling. Also we need to decide what the TN would be for the healing test)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:00 am

Hearing the scream of Athelstan's dying horse, Septon Arlyn looks up from his work on Ser Raynald. Seeing the gathered bloodriders and their bows all trained on the one eyed ironborn, Septon Arlyn looks to Ser Raynald. "
Ser, I think I will be in need of some assistance. There looks to be trouble a foot."

[url:1avmt8jz]http:
//dragonsdance.
forumatic.
com/viewtopic.
php?f=183&
t=1925&
start=70#p54003[/url:1avmt8jz]

(In response to this post here)
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:05 am

[Oh yeah, let's do this.]

Raynald's eyes were wide with joy when he heard the sound of the dying animal. Yes. Yes! "
-WHORESONS! TO ME!"
-He promptly jumped on his feet, unsheathing his trusty Bitch and looking to the Septon with gleaming madness in his stare. He didn't say nothing, but the fat priest knows what he is thinking. He HOPES today will be the day of his glorious death.

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:42 am

"
Hold Ser Raynald, just a moment longer. Luecian, Ser Walton, can you ride a head with him. I will be there as soon as I can."
Septon Arlyn moves to the unsaddled palfrey and grabs a riding bit from the back of the wagon. "
Ser Raynald, these men are from house Drakeson, and I believe Lord Baelon is there with them. These are very dangerous men. Lord Baelon placed first in the tournament of river run and was recently awarded lordship by his leige Daveth Coldbrook.

The Coldbrook's have some fearsome fighters. They had a women that competed in the melee that earned the title the shieldmadien of the seven. And Ser Jorah Holt is one of the favorites to become a member of the kinsgaurd.

Be careful of that targareon bastard. He is quick as a snake and twice as venomous. He takes after his father is what they say"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:52 am

Raynald was smiling, anxious to meet their foes as the Septon spoke about each one of them. He shrugged. "
-You heard that boys? The septon here thinks we're afraid of a handful of pinky-arses Cold-Fuckers. HAH!"
-He turned to the priest as the men laughed. "
-That may be. But I myself have a whole buch of vicious Whoresons that would kill their own mothers if I asked to. Fuck, some of them already have."
-He put his heavy hand over the priest shoulder. "
-I take that over those perfumed fucks any day of the week, Septon. But worry not. I'll do as you say."
-He scratched his beard. "
-At least until forced to act. I like you, Septon. But didn't you hear what people say? I'm mad. Heh. We all are. HAHAHAHA!."
-He then prepared to leave with his men.

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:57 am

Luecian looks at the apparent mad and laughing knight and shakes his head. Not me choice to die today but figure me bow have to back the Septon and these fools up. "
Luecian follows the Septon and adds a few comments as he approaches. "
Reckon it might be time to roll the dice Septon, hope the gods be with us."
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:18 am

Septon Arlyn shook his head warily,I wonder why I sometimes involve myself in these things? then suddenly a flash of his time at old town, in the stary Sept. Great marble empty eyes stare down at him. because you have a duty to resolve injustice's in my name. Snapping out of his revery Septon Arlyn looks at his half finished piece of toast. With a pang of longing Septon Arlyn hitches the wagon to the horse.

"
Come with me Luecian, I think that being able to fire your namesake from the back of this wagon will make you more effective if we have to fight. Although let's hope it will not come to that."
Septon Arlyn checks that his shield and mace are within easy reach.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Raynald Dulver Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:48 am

As Raynald mounts on his horse Mutton, he seeks the Luecian. "
-Archer."
-He says bluntly, pulling the reins of his mount to get closer. He then whispered with his eyes over Luecian's, probably so his own men won't hear. "
-If things get real bad, you use that thing of yours to stick an arrow through the eye of that bastard Baelor, do you hear? If the priest spoke true then we won't have a better chance in case things turn sour. I don't mind dying, but I will get really pissed in the seven hells if my murderer keeps breathing after fuckin me arse. And if you do that, then maybe you, the priest and that ironshit friend of yours may escape in the confusion while my boys take the damage. I'll signal the moment, if you need to."
-He then puts his helmet and ride off. If the archer asks him about how will he know the signal, Raynald says with a red smile. -"
White-haired whining little bitch."

Last edited by 187 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ser Raynald Dulver
Ser Raynald Dulver

Back to top Go down

Day 3 LM-MA iron mines the Dulver Delegation Empty Re: Day 3 EA iron mines the Dulver Delegation

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:46 am

The ride back from the site of Athelstans death and questioning of House Coldbrook left a sour spot in the pit of Septon Arlyn Stomach. Earlier that day Athelstan seemed eager to change his ways, to come into the light of the seven and repent for the slaying of his brother. Are bastards and kin slayers really as bad as everyone says? Althestan seemed like a pretty stand up individual, yet they say that he admitted to tampering with evidence then proceeded to kill himself. Yet Lord Baelon also is a bastard... Yet he seems to be a knight trying to uphold his vows. Is it the bastardry that makes a man prone to evil acts? Or is it the evil acts that make the bastard... So many questions. What I do know is that things are getting more dangerous, I have been attacked twice in the span of one year. I Need to learn how to defend myself better. Septon Arlyn takes a look around at the assembled gaurds. Who here would be a candidate to teach me how to fight better? I need someone kind and patient, as I have not had any formal training since I was a child, swinging around sticks in the practice yard. Septon Arlyn looks from face to face, recalling small details about each one, until he reaches the sworn sword Ser Jergen. He might due. Septon Arlyn approaches the man, looking questioningly at his face.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:38 pm

Jergen stood with the other assembled guards and glanced around at his surroundings. Swearing loyalty to House Dulver...a decent house from what I've seen so far. I've definitely been with far worse. Jergen stood there thinking to himself.

It was at the urging of his friend Ser Raynald that Jergen decided to follow his long time battle brother to seek a spot with House Dulver. It seems to have been a smart move so far.

Jergen snapped back to reality as he realized that the Septon was not only watchinh him, but heading his way. Making a sign of reverence as Septon Arlyn approaches Jergen flashes a genuine smile. "
Septon, you honor me with a vist. How can I be of service to you and the 7?"

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:54 pm

Septon Arlyn looks at the knight. He was new to the house, so Septon Arlyn did not have much of an opinion on the man. Ser Raynald had vouched for him. But then again Ser Raynald had vouched for him. although Septon Arlyn felt that the old hoary knight had learned some manners, that did not mean all his compatriots had. Plus from the look of Ser Raynald's retinue there looked to be quite a bit of difference from himself and his men.

"
So tell me, Ser Jergen, what do you know of the seven?"

[url=Initiative vs Ser Jergen][/url]: 3d6 12
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:08 am

Jergen can't help, but to smile as Septon Arlyn starts speaking.

"
To be honest, not as much as I should know. I acknowledge the existence of them, but often find myself calling upon the warrior for his strength and guidance."

[url=Initiative vs Septon][/url]: 3d6 12

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next