Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3 LM- MA] the Dulver Delegation

4 posters

Go down

[D3 LM- MA] the Dulver Delegation Empty [D3 LM- MA] the Dulver Delegation

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:01 am

Septon Arlyn arrives in the morning, sun having already burned the early morning fog off. Surveying the area from the back of his wagon he takes notice of the surrounding areas. The small troop of men that were traveling with him fan out in a semi circle around the wagon. "
Let's make ready for Ser Dulver's arrival."
States Septon Arlyn. "
Thymus, Bychel, go into the forest there and grab some wood. Make sure you get a good counting so we can pay the Lord's tax for any wood we use. "
Pytrick, Harlad, get a fire going and get the water to a boil for the porridge while Chayd and Fredrick get the day tent set up and bring the small table out."
Septon Arlyn looks at the mines and noticed Lady Corinne and Athlestan conversing near the mine.I hope that Lord Ben does not react the way he did to that bastard garred at the tournament of river run last year. worries Septon Arlyn he about broke Lady Corinne's heart.

[OOC this is just some RP for Septon Arlyn to arrive early and speak to Athlestan. The others may show up at a later time slot or leave earlier. I will have them note it in their subject lines what times they will be here.]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

[D3 LM- MA] the Dulver Delegation Empty Re: [D3 LM] the Dulver Delegation

Post by Luecian LongBow Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:58 am

Luecian arriving with Septon Arlyn watches the men setup their temporary camp. Luecian calls out to Ten Tooth Tyg, a trapper from Dulver lands."
Make yerself ready Tyg, soon as Ser Garred and Septon Arlyn are ready we're gonna see what we be finding here. Trackings the task today for the likes of you and me. Ser Garred along with the Septon be helping us out, so feel free to ask em if you need some help on something."

[url=Survival Roll-Day3 Iron Mines][/url]: 6d6k4 18 +5=23
Septon Arlyn Coordinate roll with Ser Garred assist-
[url=Coordinate survival Dulver Delegation iron mines][/url]: 4d6 16

(Edited to reflect final score after coordinate roll which occurred further down the post)

Last edited by 183 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

[D3 LM- MA] the Dulver Delegation Empty Re: [D3 LM- MA] the Dulver Delegation

Post by Ser Walton Dulver Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Garred's roll [url=mines investigation][/url]: 4d6 10, with coordinate 14.

[will add RP when get clues]

Last edited by 179 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ser Walton Dulver
Ser Walton Dulver

Back to top Go down

[D3 LM- MA] the Dulver Delegation Empty Re: [D3 - EA] the Dulver Delegation

Post by Athelstan Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:45 pm

Athelstan temains behind to prevent tampering of evidence by the other investigators waving Corrine and her guards good bye, he eventually find the familiar presence of a chubby septon at the distance and he rides towards him.

"
Good afternoon septon Arlyn, what brings you..."
finally noticing an entire Dulver delegation going about the mines "
I see, you came to investigate, perhaps I could also help if needed, but how are you doing with all the problems in the area?"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:21 pm

"
Athlestan,"
Septon Arlyn intones warmly. "
It is good to see you here. The porridge is almost ready, may i interest you in some toasted sourdough bread and strawberry jam while we wait?"
Asks Septon Arlyn kindly, moving to the back of the wagon to grab out the proffered items. "
I also brought along some salted butter as well, they go quite well together."

The gaurd's nervously watch the one eyed ironborn. Clearly aware of his dangerous prowess in defeating Lord Mallister so handily in single combat.

"
So how goes your investigation. I see you were speaking to Lady Corinne. Where you helping to explanation some of the basics of warfare to her? I must admit that I myself am sorely lacking in the finer points of tactics and warfare. It is why I'm glad that Lord Dulver has seen it fit to send our master at arms here to ferret out the tactics used here."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:37 pm

"
I brought nothing to the feast Arly, but my hungry stomach"
smiling to him "
If you do not mind me then I will gladly accept your offer I'm starving"
sitting and sharing on the septon courtesy and smiling while looking at the guards "
You got good men with the Dulver's, they haven't started barking names or insults yet, so at least some discipline or perhaps knowing the danger that may come with it"

Nodding to Arly "
Aye, more like showing her the mines and evidence, and what has been done and happened. I do admit there was some lessons of warfare and things that happened in the mine involved, let us hope the seven and the Drowned god smile on us with fortune and gather a good case and peace, do I doubt the Drowned God would like that... pity"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:21 pm

Intrigue stats
[url=Initiative vs Athelstan Dulver Delegation round 1][/url]: 3d6 13

objective: convert to the seven
ID 9
composure 12/12
frustrations 0
F/I/W: 0/2/0
DR 3 +1 persuasion
4 damage per dos convince

[url=Dulver Delegation intrigue vs Athelstan round 1 convince][/url]: 7d6k5+2 25 +1 from DR =26

Septon Arlyn smiled, "
in grumbling stomachs we have much in common good man. Come join us at the table, I'm sure that the lads here would be more comfortable if you have had some guest right."
Septon Arlyn turned to the guardsmen, "
Athelstan is a guest here, if he wanted to kill me he would have already had plenty of opportunity"
Septon Arlyn gave a michevous grin, trying to put the guards at ease with some humor.

"
I don't think the drowned god would be much pleased with these proceedings, truth be told. From what I under stand he is much more of a keep what you kill mentality."
Says Septon Arlyn gravely. "
I think that the seven are much more likely to approve of our mission to find peace here."
He continues. "
Although the culprit of some of these attacks would clearly be sentenced to the eternal torment of the seven hells"
like whoever perpetrated the atrocities committed to the village at blackbuckle thinks Septon Arlyn, giving a small shutter at remembrance.

Last edited by 167 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:32 pm

Intrigue stats
[url=Status (breeding)][/url]: 3d6k3 14
[url=Initiative][/url]: 3d6k3 11
objective: Information of investigations
ID 8
composure 9/9
frustrations 0
Amiable;
DR 3;
+1 Persuasion

[url=Intimidate][/url]: 4d6k4+1 18

Athelstan still gives a menacing look to the guards still and the Septon "
That is ironborn culture septon"
a flat tone but with respect in his voice still, more frustrated than anything but sounding rather gruff and intimidating "
Fuck the Drowned God, I did what the visions told me when I was drowned and I got this as reward, he used me and threw me away, and the seven, I'm not even sure half their followers are hypocrites the rest pay lip service, and then the few septons like you that actually believe, what makes the seven better, stronger or powerful than a god of war, fire and the sea"
a question more than a challenge.

"
What do you know of Blackbuckle?"

[ooc]I'll wait for your initiative, if it's lower than that is 2DoS damage for a total of 6dmg-3 DR = 3[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:56 pm

Intrigue stats
Initiative vs Athelstan Dulver Delegation round 1: 3d6 13

objective: convert to the seven
ID 9
composure 9/12
frustrations 0
F/I/W: 0/2/0
DR 3 +1 persuasion
4 damage per dos convince

[url=Dulver Delegation intrigue vs Athelstan round 2 convince][/url]: 7d6k5+3 22

Septon Arlyn looks at the ironborn and laughs. "
There is no need to threaten me Goodman. I will speak of blackbuckle in a minute but first I would like to address your concerns of the Gods."

"
Bringing fire destruction and death is in saying that any man can do. I'm sure that's as your time as the iron born Raider you yourself have probably brought fire and the death to villages along the coast. However with the gods who are one offer is something that no mortal man can bring, and that is forgiveness. The forgiveness and mercy of the gods or something that is clearly thing that is lacking from the drowned Gods tennets. How is it that a man can forgive himself for an action that he committed? Nay it is the Seven who are one who grant us the mercy of forgiveness for forgiveness is the Divine. So while the fire gods and downed gods and old gods offer death and punishment, it is the seven who offer redemption and mercy for those who truely repent of their actions."

Septon Arlyn takes a moment to judge his words effects on the ironborn
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:06 am

[url=Coordinate warfare Dulver Delegation iron mines][/url]: 4d6 9

[url=What happened here iron mines Dulver Delegation education knowledge][/url]: 6d6k4 20 (would I be able to add the +5 from the hightower Maester bonus from story 1 rewards?)

[url=Coordinate survival Dulver Delegation iron mines][/url]: 4d6 16

I have will 4 so is that adding 4 bonus to the warfare roll and 6 to the survival?
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luecian LongBow Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:10 am

(Based on what i've seen I think its +3 to Warfare and +4 to Survival)
Luecian LongBow
Luecian LongBow

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:28 am

Intrigue stats
Initiative: 3d6k3 11
objective: Information of investigations
ID 8
composure 9/9
frustrations 3
Amiable;
DR 3;
+1 Persuasion

Athelstan feels flustered a few words from the septon his friend already strike harder than any sword and a heavy sigh "
I'm not trying to threaten you, that is just how, I just come out sometimes, I get that a lot, but I figured might as well make it work for me"
with some hope in his eye "
Is it true that the seven offer peace of mind then, mercy and forgiveness for those that truly wish to repent?"

[url=Persuasion (Charm)][/url]: 5d6k4-1 18) - This is wrong, Frustration is -3D

"
Yet even if you would help me repent who else would believe it, people would rather call it fake and untrue for their own reasons and make lesser of things, helping me really nothing but to leave3 me with the obstacles of mortal like. The afterlife I will deal with it when the time comes"

[Yield: I consider switching to the seven, we increase disposition by one step?, otherwise feel free to ignore my yield and defeat me lol]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:47 am

yield accepted. also would like to exchange healing information from village of black buckle for warfare information

Septon Arlyn smiled at the iron born. "
yes the 7 do offer redemption for those who are truly penitent. There are those and the staff who do not take their vows seriously however for those who truly seek the seven and the light then forgiveness grace and redemption are offered. Now you had some questions about black buckle I have visited that site and the tragedy there was beyond imagining experience it for myself I could not have believed that such an atrocity could have been perpetrated by man"
Septon Arlyn frowned. "
do you know why the village was targeted?"

Last edited by 167 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:18 am

"
I want redemption septon what must I do?"
Athelstan waves the questions of Blackbuckle for his redemption and forgiveness for now, he must first save himself "
Is there a ceremony, something I must do, what must I do other than feeling the way I do to repent and have the others acknowledge that I mean it and I am given mercy by the seven?"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:23 am

[OOC very good questions let me get home and get on my computer to research what exactly the rituals are for converting / redemption in the faith. Unless the reader wants to chime in with the PM and let me know if what did rituals would be
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:27 am

[ooc]Research is in order for now, which might be faster than waiting on Reader do to time differences.

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:27 am

"
Well if you would wish to convert then a I would have anointed someone who would wish to be converted with the seven holy oils. Then you..."
Septon Arlyn looks at Athelstan, "
Do you wish to be redeemed for the past actions you have had?"
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:23 am

Athelstan takes a knee and with a humble tone "
Yes septon Arlyn, do the memory of Rodrick will always be with me, I wish to atone for it in the eyes of the gods and Westeros"

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:16 am

"
The act of kin slaying is a dark stain to remove,"
says Septon Arlyn slowly, "
However if your heart is true before gods and men, then you will find the forgiveness you seek."
Taking a moment to ponder Septon Arlyn begins to pace under the tent, mumbles, almost to himself, "
Seven things of great worth, seven signs of humility, seven things to bring glory to the seven who are one."
Clapping his hands together Septon Arlyn exclaims. "
That's it."
Turning to the kneeling Ironborn Septon Arlyn clasps his hands on his shoulders he stars into the eye of Athlestan. "
You must complete seven tasks of great worth for the seven. You took the life of your brother, the seven do not approve of killing of a kin.

Rebuilding a Sept;
this is will show that you are willing to fix things that are broken

Spreading peace;
Work with the houses to spread the peace in these lands

Kill a bandit leader;
Show the seven that you can protect the innocent from the wicked.

Rescue a noble Lady;
Show the seven that you can save the fairer Sex

Help find a religious relic;
Show the seven that their holy relics and sacred history are important to you

Help the poor;
Assist those who are less fortunate then yourself to show your humility

Help build a septry on house longshores lands;
Show the seven your continued devotion by helping found a place of worship on your lands.

"
Complete seven tasks of peace to earn redemption in the eyes of the seven"
Septon Arlyn smiled kindly at the iron born. "
You are truly a wonder Athelstan. I wish that more people would feel remorse for their actions, the world would be a better place if people could follow their conscience and learn from there mistakes."

[sorry if this post is rambly, little tired over here]
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Athelstan Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:51 am

Athelstan is somewhat shocked, but hides it behind a smile.

This mother f..., this is not going to be easy and your in for a painful long ride...

"
I shall do as you ask of me then septon Arlyn"
Athelstan stand tall again, best do my work here while I'm here "
I will need your help with the relic and the poor septon, you are better at approaching them and knowledgeable for the relic"

[ooc]You are perfectly fine xD[/ooc]

Athelstan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down