Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 3 LM-MA iron mines the Dulver Delegation

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Day 3 LM-MA iron mines the Dulver Delegation - Page 2 Empty Re: Day 3 LM-MA iron mines the Dulver Delegation

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:16 am

Septon Arlyn returned the smile with a kindly smile of his own, "
As a knight, I expected as much. But what about the warrior draws you to him? Is it just the strength he offers?"

[url=Initiative vs Ser Jergen tie breaker 1d6][/url]: 1d6 1

(Looks like your going first. Lol)

ID 9
Compusure: 12/12
Frustration: 0/4
Objective : convince the knight to help quietly train the Septon
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Day 3 LM-MA iron mines the Dulver Delegation - Page 2 Empty Re: Day 3 LM-MA iron mines the Dulver Delegation

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:34 am

Jergen paused as he thought about the answer to Septon Arlyn's question. "
It seems that I've lived by the sword ever since I chose to walk my own path. Granted, I have prayed to yhe others, but the Warrior seemed to feel like the natural choice. Do you have any suggestions on how I could learn more about them all?"

[url=Initiative vs Septon Arlyn tie breaker][/url]: 1d6 2

(It was almost another tie...lol)

ID- 10
Composure- 9
Frustration- 0/3
Objective- friendship with the Septon

[OOC- do we both have the same frustration, what's the next step. I figure Persuasion would be the best wayfor Jergen to start with.]

Last edited by 191 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:00 am

[you have will 3, so you would have 3 frustrations, each of your frustration would absorb 3 damage (influence) while mine would absorb 4 because I have 4 will.

Your technique for finding friendship would be charm, that means your damage is = to your persuasion rank

next you determine your disposition rating (DR) most likely it would be indifferent, which is DR 4 (the DR works the same way as AR as far as absorbing damage goes.)

My technique I will be using is convince, so that damage will be based off of my will rank (4)

so roll your persuasion rank of dice, if you have any bonus die you roll those as well but only keep the dice = to your rank in persuasion]

Septon Arlyn states "
I can teach you about the other aspects of the gods who are one. Would you be interested in learning? Because there is something that I would like to learn something from you"

(you get your action first, so take your action, then this will be mine, then take your second action in the same post

[url=read target round 1 vs Ser Jergen Dulver Delegation][/url]: 3d6 9
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:47 am

Jergen finds himself liking the Septon more and more as the converse. As Arlyn makes his offer Jergen pauses in thought.

"
I would indeed like to learn more about the 7. What is it that you would like to learn from me? I am, but a simple soldier."

[url=to persuade the Septon][/url]: 3d6 8

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:38 am

"
Which of the 7 would you recommend to start to learning about?"

[url=persuade Septon Arlyn towards friendship][/url]: 3d6 7

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:54 am

"
The Seven who are one have many important facets in our lives. As a warrior though, someone who often brings the embrace of the stranger to the others, I would suggest learning about the tennents of the mother and her mercy,"
looking around at the other gathered guards he states, "
Let us take a moment to go for a walk"
states the Septon, gesturing away from the others.

[url=convince Ser Jergen round 2 dulver delegation (persuasion 5, convince 1 b, charsmiatic convince (+2) favored of the small folk (+1b))][/url]: 7d6k5+2 19

(I went a little detailed here to show where I was getting my dice and bonuses, Generally in the description it is good to include, who you are targeting, where it is happening, and the day that it happens, as well as the round #, and a target number so that you don't get confused or have people question you re using good roles

round 1;

Ser Jergen
to persuade the Septon: 3d6 8 TN9
not successful

Septon Arlyn
read target round 1 vs Ser Jergen Dulver Delegation: 3d6 9 TN 12
read target not sucessful

Ser Jergen
ID- 10
Composure- 9
Frustration- 0/3
DR 4 (+0,+0)

Septon Arlyn
ID 9
Composure: 12/12
DR 4 (+0,+4)

Round 2
Ser Jergen
persuade Septon Arlyn towards friendship: 3d6 7 TN 9
not successful

Septon Arlyn
convince Ser Jergen round 2 dulver delegation (persuasion 5, convince 1 b, charsmiatic convince (+2) favored of the small folk (+1b)): 7d6k5+2 19 TN 10
19 - 10 = 9 = 2 DOS x 4 damage per DOS = 8 influence - 4 DR = 4 influence

Ser Jergen
ID- 10
Composure- 5/9
Frustration- 0/3
DR 4 (+0,+0)

Septon Arlyn
ID 9
DR 4 (+0,+4)

Round 3
Ser Jergen
persuade Septon Arlyn towards friendship, (persuasion3), turn 3: 3d6 10
10-9 = 1 = 1 DOS x 3 = 3 damage - 4 DR = 0

[url=convince Ser Jergen round 2 dulver delegation (persuasion 5, convince 1 b, charsmiatic convince (+2) favored of the small folk (+1b))][/url]: 7d6k5+2 20

20 - 10 = 10 = 3 DOS x 4 = 12 influence - 4 DR = 8 influence - 6 (2 frustrations) = 2 influence

So now that you have taken frustration you would subtract the number of dice you keep. So, in essence you covert your 3 d persuasion into 1 d + 2 B, so its nearly impossible for you to win. At this time you can make a Yield offer.

Ser Jergen
ID- 10
Composure- 3/9
Frustration- 2/3
DR 4 (+0,+0)

Septon Arlyn
ID 9
DR 4 (+0,+4)

Last edited by 167 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:13 am

"
By all means good Septon...lead on. What can you tell me about the Mother and her mercy?"

[url=persuade Septon Arlyn towards friendship, (persuasion3), turn 3][/url]: 3d6 10

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:51 am

"
The mother offers her mercy to all whom seek it. It can be an important thing to remember if you are standing judgment over someone, sword in your hand. It can be easy to simply kill a man, but the mother will smile on you if you offer them a chance for repentance at the wall."

After this short conversation they appear to be far away enough from the other guards and the Septon begins to speak of his request. "
Now there is something about the warrior I would ask you to teach me. The warrior gives men the strength to fight for the innocent and the weak."

Septon Arlyn spoke in a hushed tone. "
These past two years I have been attacked twice, and in this last attack I am sure I would have died if not for the quick actions and skilled marksmanship of Luecian Longbow. I wish to learn how to better use my mace, so I'm no longer a hindrance in a fight. I want to be able to protect myself good Ser. Do you think you can do this? More importantly do you think you can keep it quiet. I do not want people to know of my training, for I do not want the accusations that I am training to become one of the faith militant."
Septon Arlyn practically spits the words out. "
Can you help me?"

[url=convince Ser Jergen round 2 dulver delegation (persuasion 5, convince 1 b, charsmiatic convince (+2) favored of the small folk (+1b))][/url]: 7d6k5+2 20 (I forgot to change it to round 3, but its a new roll) Smile
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:24 pm

Jergen follows Septon Arlyn as they continue their discussion of the 7. As the Septon stops and explains his purpose for wanting to be away from the others Jergen can't help, but to smile.

"
Septon...you honor me with your request. I'll gladly teach you and help you improve your martial skills. Besides the mace are there any other weapons you want to learn. Long or short blades, axes, pole arms? I'm equally skilled in all. I am your humble servant.

[Yield offer- Jergen will teach Septon Arlyn martial training in his choice of weapons. Hopefully Septon Arlyn will continue their discussion of the 7 and foster a possible friendship.]

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:15 pm

[Yield accepted. ]

"
Thank you for being so understanding "
. Septon Arlyn smiles at the kind hearted knight. "
now let
Me explain about some things I have learned

[Disposition increased to amniable]

Last edited by 167 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:13 pm

"
You have my word that your training will stay between us. Now tell me what training you have been through and with what weapons."

Jergen gives Septon Arlyn his full and undivided attention.

[OOC- would Jergen's disposition change? If so then to what?]

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:21 pm

[No you would not have to change his disposition because that was not part of the yield offer. But Septon Arlyn appreciate's the knights willingness to cooperatie with him so he increases his disposition]

Last edited by 167 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:42 pm

Gotcha, ready to continue when you are.

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:06 pm

Jergen looks around and spies what he was looking for. "
Good Septon that area there looks big enough to suit our purposes. If your willing we can move there and begin the training. When we start I want you to strike my shield. Put enough force into the swing to feel the impact, but not enough to harm either of us. Do that for a few swings and I can see what you've been taught and where you may need help."

[OOC- Jergen's intent is to study Arlyn's weapon training. In that aspect he'll willingly let him have the first attack.]

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:23 pm

"
Ok"
, says the Septon, reaching down to grab the mace that was hanging off of his belt, hidden slightly beneath his vestments. "
I would prefer to use my mace, as cudgels and blunt weapons are easier to knock people senseless then actually kill them outright."

Septon Arlyn stands across from the knight in a posture of one who knows very little about the ways of combat and prepares to swing at the knight
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:25 pm

[url=Attack vs Ser Jergen][/url]: 4d6k3 12

combat stats
damage 2 per DOS
CD 9 w/ shield 7 w/out
health 9/9
AR 1 (vestments)
initiative [url=initiative vs ser jergen][/url]: 2d6 7

Last edited by 167 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:02 pm

"
Good! Move your feet to about shoulder width apart. Slide your right foot behind you...a little bit more. Now as you swing your mace you should feel a more stable position. Remember that with bludgeon style weapons that they all have a weighted head. So use that to your advantage. Make your swings kind of an overhand attack. That will allow your strikes to carry more power."

As Arlyn moves and strikes Jergen draws his sword and slowly throws some of his own strikes to get the Septon thinking.

[url=attacking Septon Arlyn][/url]: 7d6k5 18

Combat Defense- 9
Health- 11
Armor Rating- 6
Damage- 5

[url=Initiative vs Septon Arlyn][/url]: 4d6 12

Last edited by 191 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:47 am; edited 2 times in total

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:40 pm

"
Oof"
Septon Arlyn catches the blade with his shield, but the force causes the shield to push into his round belly, knocking the wind out of him. wow that was a powerful blow, I am glad that he was not a robber that was involved in the fight with Luecian.

"
Hold,"
wheezes Septon Arlyn, clearly being defeated. "
I'm sure glad that you are protecting me and not trying to kill me."
Septon Arlyn chokingly laughs. "
You hit like a hand hammer from the Smith himself,"

18 - 9 equal 9 equals 2 degrees of success x 5 damage equals 10 subtract 1 armor rating equals 9 equals defeat
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:50 am

Jergen immediately steps back to allow Septon Arlyn to catch his breath.

"
Rest my friend, this can conclude the lesson for the day. If you'd like we can continue our discussion of the 7. Or for that matter talk about what ever you want. It's been a while since I've had anyone interested in what my opinion is. On a subject besides fighting anyway."

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:59 am

Septon Arlyn continues to catch his breath. "
why don't you ask me some questions and give me a moment to catch my breath."
Septon Arlyn gives a smile, "
I'm glad your one of the Gaurds protecting me kind Ser, you have quite an arm on you."
Septon Arlyn components. Giving a grin.
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:54 am

Pausing to smile, Jergen leans against a low wall to rest.

"
Well. Do you think there is something else in this life for someone that's lived his life by the sword?"

Jergen has a lost look on his face.

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:18 am

Septon Arlyn places his rounded hand on the knights left pauldren in a comforting gesture.

"
There is always a chance for a man in life, weather he chooses to live by the sword it the plow. That is what the gods teach us. Life is not about choice, my friend, life *is* the choice. I've known Lord's who, because of fear, never made decisions that had any meaning, and accomplished nothing in their lives, and saw their houses fall into ruination. Then I have known farmers who, through hard work and a bit of grace from the gods, turned a mighty profit and became wealthy merchants.

If you choose to do something with you life, the choice is yours to make. If you wish for peace, it is your choice to find it."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:33 am

Jergen leans against the wall and ponders what the Septon has just said.

"
My life wasnt an easy one starting out. It was rather...combative for the most part. I guess that's where my deep seated opinion of fighting came from. I grew up knowing only the lash and fist.
I've fought in so many wars and on so many battlefields that it seems like it's the only thing that I know. I've done great things, but I've done terrible things as well.
"

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Septon Arlyn Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:57 am

Septon Arlyn nods at the knights words. "
Some people did not have the privileged upbringing that I did. Although that is not to say that I have not fought my own wars. But the wars of the battlefield often with
Weigh heavily on the minds of those who experience them."

Taking the hand off Ser Jergen's shoulder, Septon Arlyn reaches for his wineskin and takes a draught of watered down wine, the normally bitter taste cut by the water. He offers the wine skin to the knight.

"
I've seen broken men wander around in a daze, still fighting battles that are long over, yet close at hand in their minds. I try to offer them rest and comfort as I can, but sometimes the best rest for a broken man is the silence and payer within a Septry."
Broken from the past Septon Arlyn smiles at the knight. "
But do not be afraid to share your fears concerns or pain, for it is often better to share our pain with another before it grows to consume our lives."
Septon Arlyn
Septon Arlyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jergen Rohmner Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Jergen smiles as he hears the Septon's words.

"
Wise words indeed, I've seen the same sights myself. Growing up my father was a hedge knight that took my mother as a conquest bride. He was quick with a beating and slow with the praise. My older brothers took right after him. With myself being the youngest I was reserved for the position of practice dummy. That is until the day I got fed up and had enough."

Ser Jergen Rohmner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next