Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3:MM] Gone Fishing (closed)

2 posters

Go down

[D3:MM] Gone Fishing (closed) Empty [D3:MM] Gone Fishing (closed)

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Even this early in the day, it was already starting to get hot. Baelon rode along the local waterways, crisscrossing the area looking for a fisherman. Not just any fisherman, of course - he had passed by several of those already. A casual question or two, a copper or two change hands, and then ride on. To be blunt, it was boring.

This better not be a colossal waste of my time. I have much too much to get done today.

After what seemed like hours but was probably less than one, Baelon came upon another fisherman, but something seemed just a bit... different, though Baelon couldn't quite put his finger on why, he was pretty sure that this was his man.

[OOC: Seeking the hermit formerly known as Ser Kyle Bracken, if it weren't clear.]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[D3:MM] Gone Fishing (closed) Empty Re: [D3:MM] Gone Fishing (closed)

Post by Reader Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:11 am

This was surely the object of Baelon's quest - the holy man's loose cassock may have hidden his body and age may have extracted its toll, but he still had the broad, strong shoulders of a former knight. Time had turned his hair and beard white, but he kept both clipped short, signs of a disciplined life.

The "
fisherman"
was a study in tranquillity despite the chaos in the Valley, patiently waiting at his line...
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:22 am

Baelon dismounts and approaches on foot.

"
Brother Kyle, I presume? My name is Lord Baelon Drakeson. Brother Turpin told me where I might find you. I don't know if you are aware, but there was recently an attack on the Sept at Battle Valley - I am one of the investigators tasked by the King to investigate the attack and other crimes."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:41 am

Brother Kyle seemed pleased at the monastic greeting, free of family ties. He had long since shed those burdens, or so he hoped.

"
I am he."

His manner is polite, the etiquette of a knight by manner and training rather than simply martial deeds.

"
Brother Turpin is a good man, but oft trusts to his own judgement of what is good rather than the wishes of other men."

He smiles wearily, then makes a gesture to ward off evil at the outrage he has been informed of.

"
I can but hope most of my good brothers still live. Seven guide you in bringing the King's justice to the base culprits."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:44 am

"
I do apologize for interrupting your disrupting your solitude. However, I am duty-bound to ask you some questions. Given your... history... I was hoping you might know anything - such as who might target the Septry and why? Is it possible that you yourself might have been the target, perhaps for some information that you have that they might wish to silence?"

[OOC: Too much going on... almost let this thread slip away again.
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:04 pm

[OOC: Simple Intrigue, TN 10 please - I'll wrap this up with any intrigue results via a bit of an info dump]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:26 pm

[OOC: rolled charm out of habit without thinking about the recent charm modifications. If you think a different specialty would be more appropriate let me know and I'll roll that instead.
[url=Brother Kyle persuasion(charm)][/url]: 6d6+2 27 2#1d6 2 3
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:04 pm

The man who was once Ser Kyle Bracken had been turned to cynicism by the harsh realities of life in Westeros, but somewhere in him a flame of hope and knightly chivalry lived on.

Lord Drakeson was the kind of man many men would have liked to have been, or for their sons to become. Something about the young Lord spoke to the old man's soul - the blood of Valyria sometimes had such an effect in lesser men it was said. None could deny Lord Drakeson's Valyrian bloodlines, even if many disputed its exact source.

The two talked for some time, with Brother Kyle curious as to news of the realm despite his "
retirement"
. Throughout it all, a continued and sincere concern for the smallfolk of Westeros was expressed.

"
The attack on the Sept was base brigandry to my mind. Opportunists and thieves striking to enrich themselves and seeking to blame House Blackwood. Ser Myles and his late brother are godly men, even if the Seven are not their gods. Further, Ser Myles is wise enough to know an attack on the Septry will bring Darry and Marsten swords in to any conflict at the very least. A suspicious man may even call the clumsy attempts to blame House Blackwood a strategem, a feint. To what end I cannot say - I was never my Lord Bracken's finest captain or cyvasse player."

"
I myself have done offence to the late Lord Blackwood some decades past, but it would seem a curious thing to pursue an old, broken man for."

He sighed and seemed to think a moment before resolving to unburden himself.

"
I know one man who was not responsible."

"
My son."

"
Ser Hugh Rivers - perhaps you have chanced to meet him? My pride and my shame."

"
I got him on Wylla, a Blackwood vassal and weaver. Caused quite the scandal when I "
kidnapped"
her to Lord Bracken's lands after growing tired of years of sneaking in to Lord Blackwood's fiefdom to visit my son."

"
Tried to teach him right from wrong. To be a true knight. I saw more of him from his tenth nameday or so, trained him well. Heart's in the right place for a hedge knight, but he cares too much sometimes."

"
I beg you, promise me you'll see him safe through these troubles my Lord? He has done much and more for the smallfolk."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:55 pm

Baelon smiles.

"
I have heard of your son - he has been coordinating relief efforts for smallfolk whose fields were salted near Warrior's Seat. A good man, it seems, though I am concerned that the situation there may turn to an uprising. There are others going to speak with him today - good men as well - Daveth Coldbrook, the son of my liege lord, and Ser Jorah Holt, a true knight if ever there was one, a contender for a position in the Kingsguard, should Ser Rickard Thorne not recover form injuries received last year. I am certain that they will see the good in his heart as well, and peace can be found."

He clasps the elder man's shoulder.

"
I thank you, sincerely, for your time. You have provided invaluable information, and I believe I can use it to help forge a lasting peace here. I will do my utmost to keep your son safe. May you live your days out in peace."

[/scene]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Brother Kyle smiles at Baelon's kind promise, taking the young Lord at his word and finding his description of the Coldbrook lordling and his vassal reassuring.

He stands still for sometime as Lord Drakeson departs, his fishing temporarily forgotten despite his otherwise commendable discipline.

[/scene]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down