Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[D3 ME] Knights and books

2 posters

Go down

[D3 ME] Knights and books Empty [D3 ME] Knights and books

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:24 pm

Another day of the royal investigation was coming to a close and the heat was finally dying down. Kevan had switched his armour for a lighter tunic before riding out again, back to House Bracken's seat this time. He brought his horse into the stables and made his way to the tower, where the library was located.
I haven't talked to him in quite some time, I hope he is well...

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

[D3 ME] Knights and books Empty Re: [D3 ME] Knights and books

Post by Baelon Drakeson Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:43 pm

In the library, Baelon and Maester Leopold continue the research that they had begun the previous day - the books Baelon had 'borrowed' returned to their previous locations.

"
Kevan! Welcome. How is..."

It's probably best not to use her name here, no need to remind anyone.
"
...your wife?"
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:58 pm

"
She is fine regarding the situation, but she felt the pain is still to fresh for her to travel here. Robbin is comforting her. Thank you for asking... Lord Drakeson"
, Kevan replied with a smile. "
How is Gwyn? Things are working in your new lands?"
Turning to the Maester he also greeted him: "
Maester Leopold, nice to see you as well. You look very good, if I may add."

He stepped to one of the bookcases and pulled out a book.
"
I see you are looking for the same tomes it seems. Anything interesting found so far? Somebody told me there should be a version of 'The invasion of the Andals' by Maester Lordon in here. Also, I'd hoped to find 'Stormland Skirmishes and Borderland Battles'..."

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:30 am

"
Please, Kevan, save the titles for formal occasions. When it's just among us, call me 'Baelon'. Gwyn is well, she is... thriving. In a way I never saw her do at either Hartshorn or Mountain's Reach. Like a plant kept too long indoors, finally brought outside into the sun... but I should stop before I start to wax poetic. That never ends well."

"
This..."
he gestures to the books and scrolls and maps arrayed around the table. "
...is an attempt to understand the military history of just this feud. It's incredible. I had thought to find some historic precedent for these atrocities, that perhaps someone was imitating an ancestor or some such... but what has struck me is not how many atrocities have occurred through the generations, but the sheer variation among them. The creativity that went into some of these... I can't help but wonder what masterpieces of art or advancements of knowledge we might have if these minds had been turned towards nobler pursuits than viciously slaughtering each other."

"
I doubt that we have the tomes you are looking for - but perhaps we can help you find them."
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevan Lyras Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:18 pm

[Can we pause this until the Baelon Athelstan business is dealt with? No need to adjust all of it afterwards. Or, alternatively, we just ignore it and assume it somehow happened before]

Kevan Lyras

Back to top Go down

Post by Baelon Drakeson Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:25 pm

[OOC: Yes please, and thank you! There is a LOT going on behind the scenes right now and I might need to reschedule/retcon away this thread... higher priorities than library research demanding time. Shocked ]
Baelon Drakeson
Baelon Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down