Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 3, Early Afternoon]Trapping the flames [Closed]

3 posters

Go down

[Day 3, Early Afternoon]Trapping the flames [Closed] Empty [Day 3, Early Afternoon]Trapping the flames [Closed]

Post by Loreia Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:28 pm

OOC: No bother hiding it, secret's out - while investigating, the party sent to the mines earlier that day uncovered solid indicators of a presence of Wildfire.

"
Okay Badger, smell this."
Just as Daveth showed her, handling the substance with concerned care, Loreia allows some residue from earlier to air in front of her hound's nose from a jar where it had been "
painted"
at the bottom earlier, dry around the edges and too narrow to fit his snout into. "
Now, go find it."

[url=Track, Loreia assists, Gwyn Coordinates - Trapping the flames][/url]: 6d6k3 18
You're the best, around, nothing's gonna ever keep you down...

My assist plus Gwyn's Coordinate: +3
New result: 21

Last edited by 129 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

[Day 3, Early Afternoon]Trapping the flames [Closed] Empty Re: [Day 3, Early Afternoon]Trapping the flames [Closed]

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:59 pm

"
Now lets just hope it hasn't been too long, or rain hasn't washed the smell away,"
Gwyn said nervously. No sane person could deal with wildfire and not feel a twinge of fear. Regular fire was bad enough...but fire that clung to you until even your bones were ash, and water couldn't douse?

Nope.

[url=Coordinate for Badger in wildfire tracking][/url]: 4d6 12
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

[Day 3, Early Afternoon]Trapping the flames [Closed] Empty Re: [Day 3, Early Afternoon]Trapping the flames [Closed]

Post by Loreia Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:36 pm

New result: 21

"
Here's hopin' it's colder down here than on the surface,"
she chimes. "
I swear it's hot as dragon's breath today. First spring comes early, now this."

"
How've you been adjusting to your new station, Gwyn?"
she asks, hopeful a little talk will keep their minds off the risk. "
I imagine it took some gettin' used to, movin' from a noble house in the Vale to rulin' a house in the North."
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Gwyn broke into a wide grin and looked up at the ceiling for a moment.

"
Loreia...it's been...I don't even know what to say about it. Nothing really sums it up. I suppose...imagine you were born blind, but a maester concocuted a cure for your malady when you were much older. And for the first time you look around and see the world you could only feel and smell and hear before. And some things are beautiful, and some things are ugly, and ALL of it is just...overwhelmingly amazing. To the point where the good and bad blur together and just become something else. Something wonderful."

She looked back at Loreia and sighed. "
I love it. I'm...good at it, I think. And every day I see this thing I helped make, growing larger and stronger..."

With a dreamy look, Gwyn looked out of the mine, and her right hand strayed over her stomach.

Then she was back, focused on Loreia.

"
And you, Shieldmaiden? What do you think of your growing status? Long overdue, or an unwanted burden?"
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:19 pm

[url=Empathy - Day 3, Trapping the flames][/url]: 4d6k3 11
OOC: Darn, no knowing smile from me. Or maybe Gwyn's just hungry. Laughing

"
Ah, 'the Warrior's Shieldmaiden',"
she mused. "
At first I wasn't sure I wanted that name when the Prince gave it to me."

The shadows cast on her face from the light of her lamp distort her expression of deep thought. "
I...wanted to be recognized as a warrior in my own right, for only my ability, and I am by some - the people who matter, anyway. But, I feel like more of a statement. I'm very much used to the title now, but I'd rather be a symbol unto me own self than to the Blacks - or Greens."

OOC: If she's implying she knows Dunstan and I parted on a sour note in the godswood with the wording of that question, it's gone completely past her.
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:44 pm

Gwyneth smiles sympathetically as she watches Badger sniff about and nudges Loreia's arm with a shoulder.

"
There is that element to it, I admit...but consider this. While the name, the symbol, attached to you is in some ways a political weapon, the only reason it is in any way valuable is because of the credibility your deeds and skills lend it. If it was a hollow title, or an ironic one, it would be useless and quickly fade away. In fact, I think you may be confusing the cause with the effect in this case."

"
You are not given the title Shieldmaiden because of politics, rather than your ability. Rather, the title of Shieldmaiden has political force because of your skill and accomplishments. Politics is the effect, not the cause. You are the cause."

She looks up at Loreia. "
I'm not sure that's any comfort to you, but it does mean one very important thing. It means you ultimately have influence over what the title means, how it's used, and therefore you have some political power. It is a political weapon, but it could be your weapon, should you choose to wield it."

With another glance at the dog, still amiably sniffing about, Gwyn added with a sigh, "
I don't think this is working. Maybe we should take him other places. The wildfire's been moved...we know that much. If it's been stored somewhere all this time, it should be much easier for him to find, don't you think? We'd just need to get close."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Loreia returns Gwyn's warm demeanor likewise, swelling with pride. "
That's brilliant. I knew there was a reason I liked you."

Gwyn wrote:With another glance at the dog, still amiably sniffing about, Gwyn added with a sigh, "
I don't think this is working. Maybe we should take him other places. The wildfire's been moved...we know that much. If it's been stored somewhere all this time, it should be much easier for him to find, don't you think? We'd just need to get close."
"
I think you're right, m'lady. Hmm, this's dangerous stuff, they wouldn't hide it in some far-off place where it can't be well guarded an' carefully stored. If I were the guilty one, I'd hide what we're lookin' for where we've had no cause to look...mayhaps one of the house seats?"
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneth Drakeson Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:08 pm

"
They'd want to move it as seldom as possible,"
Gwyn surmises, nodding. "
Every time they do, there's a risk of unintended catastrophe. And of course it has to be somewhere hard to find. Or disguised well, I expect."

"
Lets go on a stroll, shall we? Past the Green Door Inn, to Raventree Hall? And see where that leads us."
Gwyneth Drakeson
Gwyneth Drakeson

Back to top Go down

Post by Loreia Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:27 am

OOC: Change of location within same time slot approved by Reader. Q-snapped to Raventree Hall. Conversation continues from the mines.

"
Aye. Lead the way, m'lady."

[url=Track, Gwyn Coordinates - Trapping the flames Pt2][/url]: 6d6k3 16
[url=Coordinate Badger, wildfire tracking Pt2][/url]: 4d6 13
+3
Total: 19

"
Back into the heat,"
she sighs. "
At least we got the right weather for jauntin' through the woods yesterday. You hear how we helped my hound run down a stag?"
Loreia
Loreia

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:43 am

OOC: results via pm.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down