Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 6: Early Afternoon] Royal Favors (Closed)

3 posters

Go down

[Day 6: Early Afternoon] Royal Favors (Closed) Empty [Day 6: Early Afternoon] Royal Favors (Closed)

Post by Jon Cobb Mon May 25, 2015 5:38 pm

The crowd roared as yet another of the remaining contestants crashed into the dust. A brief recess was called as the attendants prepared the grounds for the next bout. Signaling Ser Jorah to follow, Jon rose from his seat and moved quickly to a spot behind the royal box and awaited the arrival of Prince Daemon.

At the appointed tim, the Prince appeared from behind the drapes and waved away the two guardsman. Jon approached and knelt. "
My prince, thank you for seeing me again."

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

[Day 6: Early Afternoon] Royal Favors (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 6: Early Afternoon] Royal Favors (Closed)

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Mon May 25, 2015 6:37 pm

Ser Jorah followed quietly, waiting for his opportunity.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

[Day 6: Early Afternoon] Royal Favors (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 6: Early Afternoon] Royal Favors (Closed)

Post by Reader Mon May 25, 2015 6:59 pm

Prince Daemon looks relaxed and confident as he watches the jousting, the picture of the warrior-prince at play. To some, he even looked a warrior-king, or at least royal-consort.

He gestured for Ser Jon to stand, and nodded in Ser Jorah's direction.

"
Ser Jon, we are pleased to receive you! A pity your injuries kept you from dumping some of these brash young knights on the dirt!"

The Prince had a keen eye for martial matters.

"
You, Ser Fendrel and you companion here all rode well - the standard of competition is high this year with the Aurochs himself having stirred from his lair."

A pause for comic effect.

"
Does an aurochs even have a lair? No doubt the maesters will each take sides, now I appear to have chosen one."

Daemon was obviously in a fine mood, perhaps even fey. The prince seemed buoyed by the support the Blacks had gained at the tourney already and unconcerned with who heard him.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Mon May 25, 2015 11:15 pm

"
Thank you for your kind words, my prince. This climate has not been kind to my old wounds, but after seeing Ser Florian ride against Lord Tullison, I'm glad I got away with nothing but injured pride,"
Jon answers with a self-deprecating look.

"
My prince, I shall not keep you long from the joust. I have asked to meet you to beg you to reconsider supporting a pardon for Brom Bartheld. I have not given up my hope of aiding my friend, and so far I have managed to secure, or almost secure, the support of three noble houses who will publicly back a request to pardon Brom."

"
However, I suspect even this will not be enough to move His Grace to relent. My prince, I remain convinced that the influence of a member of the royal family will be necessary to secure a pardon, but since I have of late publicly supported Princess Rhaenyra's claim, I imagine that help from the Queen or her supporters will be in short supply. Will you not speak with your brother, my prince? If not for my sake, then for Brom's and the three sons he lost in the Stepstones?"

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Tue May 26, 2015 9:52 pm

"
I am half inclined to oppose the motion - doubtless that would see it swept away on a tide of green-tinged support."

Prince Daemon speaks openly and less formally than in their last meeting - he is either fearless, careless or both. Or perhaps a more subtle game is at work?

"
Still, the old dog knows how to live, and a Prince must not forget those who have bled for him."

He pauses, and pours out a measure of wine on to the wooden stands.

"
And died for him."

"
I shall go to my brother in this regard for you, so long as you and Fendrel maintain your leal service."

Prince Daemon was a practical man, and Ser Jon and Ser Fendrel's unstinting efforts for the black cause had earned Jon forgiveness for the slight Daemon previously perceived.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Wed May 27, 2015 8:52 am

Reader wrote:"
I shall go to my brother in this regard for you, so long as you and Fendrel maintain your leal service."

Prince Daemon was a practical man, and Ser Jon and Ser Fendrel's unstinting efforts for the black cause had earned Jon forgiveness for the slight Daemon previously perceived.
"
Thank you, my prince. My loyalty, and that of Ser Fendrel, are assured. Sadly, the same cannot be said for Fendrel's nephew Davain, who seeks to proclaim himself Lord Bartheld after Brom's departure. Davain's inclination is to support Andal customs of inheritance, for his own sake and for that of the Queen's sons."

"
My prince, it saddens me to say that there are far too many here who are willing to support Davain for the sake of tradition, or for the honeyed words of Davain's boy whore. Ser Fendrel's claim to succeed Brom is under threat, and should he fail, the Princess will also lose the support of House Bartheld. Ser Fendrel has therefore asked me to convey his need of support to you, and hopes that the Princess will see fit to lend weight to his cause by standing behind his claim when matters come to a head."

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed May 27, 2015 7:11 pm

"
Both you and Ser Fendrel have my support in your endeavours,"
the Prince nods. "
Ser Fendrel has a reputation as an entertaining fellow, and I have no time for martinets."

A sly grin grows on his face, never reaching his eyes. What follows is louder still than what came before.

"
Particularly martinets with antiquated ideas on inheritance."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Cobb Wed May 27, 2015 8:02 pm

"
Ser Fendrel will be relieved to hear this, my prince. Let us hope that your support will be enough,"
Jon replies with a bow.

"
May I now introduce you to the companion you noted earlier? Ser Jorah is a retainer of Tomas Coldbrook and has asked to speak with you."
Jon motions for Jorah to step forward as he himself takes a step back.

Jon Cobb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Thu May 28, 2015 9:31 am

Ser Jorah stepped forward and bowed to Prince Daemon, showing deference.

"
My Prince, it is an honour to meet you. Lord Coldbrook and my father Ser Petyr Holt both served with you at the Stepstones."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:37 pm

"
Good men and true both. A man's worth can be judged by those he keeps close - that's why I've always tried to keep the Wrecker near at hand."

"
Few men are you Lord's match with a morningstar."

"
Married a Dornish woman, didn't your father? I see some of that in you, if you'll forgive the observation. A stout warrior people, with some interesting ideas."

The final part is deliberately pitched loud enough for those nearby to hear.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:15 pm

"
My father would thank you for the compliment were he here, but alas he is at Castle Grenward. He was glad that what he learned from my mother was able to be of assistance in your campaign. Unfortunately, I was not able to join them in the Stepstones.

"
Yes, the Dornish do have differing views from the rest of Westeros. Comes from having been led by Queens on many occasions."

Jorah realised that Prince Daemon was using his ancestry for a political point, but such was the price of dealing with a man like him.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:40 pm

"
The missing part of my brother's Kingdom,"
nods Prince Daemon, once more speaking as much to those around him as Ser Jorah. "
Queens have prevailed and held out against my family, while every King from the Reach to the Wall bent the knee."

"
I'm no great seer, but one does not have to be Grandmaester Orwyle to divine some message here."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:53 pm

"
Their greatest hero was their Queen who saved them from being conquered. It takes a mighty person to achieve that and keep her people safe."

Leaning in, he spoke quietly, "
There is something I need to tell you my Prince."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:34 pm

Ser Erryk Cargyll begins to noisily discuss old war stories with Ser Jon Cobb to cover what is to be said, as Prince Daemon listens attentively....
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:52 am

"
Ser Rickard Thorne is apparently writing a tome about working on a grand tome covering both the war against the Faith Militant and a survey of current troops dispositions, so future military scholars may contrast their position. He has asked for information in exchange for recommendations and consideration for membership of the Kingsguard.
I am not adverse to finding out more about the campaign but he has asked to compare it to modern troop movements and strength, which is an obvious attempt to gain information on the strength of Black supporters

I said I would provide what I could, but I wanted to warn you what was going on. It did not feel right."

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:26 pm

"
You did well to bring this to me. Ser Jon has vouched for you. I know you will be my man in this."

[url=Awareness (Empathy)][/url]: 5d6k4 15

"
Write honestly, leave nothing out. Your straightforward approach suggests subterfuge is beneath a knight of your talent."

Prince Daemon grins, a vicious smile of a canny operator seizing a new found advantage.

"
But do not just write honestly - write twice. Once to Ser Erryk Cargyll too."

"
Knowing what others know is an asset."

New pieces appeared on Daemon's side of the board, and he'd be a fool not to use them.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ser Jorah Holt Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:47 pm

"
That I will my Prince. It is an honour to serve and an opportunity to learn. Of course, with the campaign against the Clans in support of House Marsten coming up, that would certainly be the bulk of my initial reports. The planning for that will be difficult."
Ser Jorah spoke carefully, hinting slightly without asking directly, though he was not very good at it.

Ser Jorah Holt

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:11 pm

[OOC: bump to note that this is on hiatus/wrapped up off stage, given Ser Jorah is taking a break from the game, with the Prince taking note of Ser Jorah thanks to Jon's introduction and Jorah's delicate balance in correspondence with the Kingsguard...]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down