Dragon's Dance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Day 5, Early Afternoon] Lessons (Closed)

2 posters

Go down

[Day 5, Early Afternoon] Lessons (Closed) Empty [Day 5, Early Afternoon] Lessons (Closed)

Post by  Sun May 17, 2015 6:02 pm

After concluding his business at the Drunken Huntsman, Edmund goes in search of another person he'd heard of in conversation the previous night. This was of a more personal nature, and was something that he was looking forward to with great anticipation.

He moves down a stone walled side lane of Riverton that is lined with trees that edge over the wall to form a canopy of green. In the distance, further down the lane, things open up into fields that stretch for miles. He is feeling confident and relaxed, A productive morning thusfar

He arrives at the cottage he seeks and passes through the gate. Almost immediately a voice, thickly accented, calls out to him. "
You there! Do you always intrude unannounced?"

Edmund turns and sees a man, slightly shorter than himself, thin with a thick head of hair and alert eyes that seem to be quickly analyzing Edmund and, just as quickly complete their analysis. The man's eyes narrow, and he asks, "
Who are you? What do you want?"

Edmund immediately bows his head, "
I apologize for my rudeness. I am seeking a man, a Braavosi like you, by the name of Ilaryo Montesor."
He raises his head, making eye contact with the man.

Back to top Go down

[Day 5, Early Afternoon] Lessons (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 5, Early Afternoon] Lessons (Closed)

Post by Reader Sun May 17, 2015 9:30 pm

"
This may be the one you seeks, depending on who the seeker is and why he seeks, no?"

He looks Edmund up and down.

"
A man cannot deny he is a Braavosi."

The man shrugs theatrically.
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

[Day 5, Early Afternoon] Lessons (Closed) Empty Re: [Day 5, Early Afternoon] Lessons (Closed)

Post by  Wed May 20, 2015 1:15 am

"
I am Edmund Lyras, of House Lyras, and bannerman of House Marsten."
Edmund replies. "
I would learn more of the dance, from one who is willing to teach me."

A honest, and earnest look came across Edmunds face as he continued, "
I have recently returned from four years across the Narrow Sea. In that time, I spent some months in Braavos, and while there, I began to learn the water dance, but only enough to whet the appetite, so to speak."

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Thu May 21, 2015 12:36 pm

"
Just so. A man is straightforward."

He nods.

"
An admirable quality."

"
But had a man coin? Has a man talent?"

"
A man must have both, else a man wastes Ilaryo Montesor's time!"

"
Coin is detail, for later. First, talent. Let us see if a man indeed had a teacher, and if a man can honour a tutor's teachings."

"
Turn around and pick up the green and blue marble on the grass."

He gestures behind Edmund flamboyantly.

The grass is a sea of yellow-green grass and brown mud, as Winter slowly ponders departing for Spring's arrival.

[OOC: TN 12 Awareness (notice)]
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sat May 23, 2015 4:41 am

Edmund turns and scans the ground. He falls into a mode of being that is wholly different from the thrill of games, deceits, and mischief.

A slight smile flashes across his face and he snatches the marbles from the grass and as he turns, his drops the smile, his face settling into something more serious and focused.

[url=Lost marbles][/url]: 4d6+3 15

OOC: I'm so behind on posting, many of these will need to be brief. And I'm on my phone, which is a pain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reader Mon May 25, 2015 7:13 pm

Ilaryo nods in satisfaction.

"
Quite so. Quite so."

He gestures for Edmund to follow him inside for sterner tests.

Slowly, the training montage music kicks in, as the camera rapidly cuts between scenes of Edmund balancing, catching and tumbling, but never so much as touching a sword.

As the training montage theme fades in to the distance, we cut back to our exotic tutor.

By the end, he seems satisfied.

"
Quite so. There is something here a man can work with, if a man can be accommodated in a style befitting a water-dancer."
Reader
Reader
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down